Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,655 members, 7,958,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:40 AM

Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year (24294 Views)

Cutting The Connection Between My Wife And Her Male Besty / Is There Anything Wrong If I Don't Cut My Little Baby's Hair / 1 Year After Marriage, I Am Already Tired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by Whobedatte(m): 3:09pm On Jan 08, 2023
Reason why people cut after a year is because of fetish and occultist people
That’s all !
Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by LEGALSER: 3:09pm On Jan 08, 2023
Bayonet40:
Good evening nairalanders.
Why do Nigerians believe that you must have to cut your baby's hair (especially male babies) immediately they reach 1 year?
Is there any theory here?
People have been suggesting that I cut my boy's hair when he reaches 1 year which is some days from now, he has much hair which I plan to maintain and keep in a good shape.

My baby boys aren't getting any hair cut, infact they will braid their hair from age 1 till whenever they are grown and ready to take decisions.
Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by Tonylordman(m): 3:11pm On Jan 08, 2023
Don't cut the hair, let's experiment with ur child to see if any thing will happen.
Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by Danthemariner: 3:15pm On Jan 08, 2023
Jones90:
Op you are just in my mind. I wanted to ask this same question here but i was trying to avoid insult from some NLders.

My daughter will be a year old next month and i love how full her hair have grown and i don't want to cut it, but i don't know if there's any repercussions for not doing that

The hair may fall off... Cut it so all can grow well and strong....

My own observations oooo
Pls dont eat me up here

1 Like

Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by gbaskiboy: 3:18pm On Jan 08, 2023
Bayonet40:
Why do Nigerians believe that you must have to cut your baby's hair (especially male babies) immediately they reach 1 year?
People have been suggesting that I cut my boy's hair when he reaches 1 year which is some days from now, he has much hair which I plan to maintain and keep in a good shape.

My daughter is one year two months, she still rock her natural hair and that really add to her beauty. The choice is yours, don't mind what people with superstious belief have to say.

1 Like

Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by Ego2(f): 3:25pm On Jan 08, 2023
biggy00000:

And nothing negative will
Amen. Thanks.
Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by Farrason: 3:27pm On Jan 08, 2023
Bayonet40:

Don't mind their superstitious beliefs... Keep you baby sweet looking and cute. My baby is 2yrs plus and looking fabulous on his plaited hair.
Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by etrange: 3:27pm On Jan 08, 2023
It's neither bad nor good. Like someone said, it's a matter of choice.
Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by Exceed15: 3:29pm On Jan 08, 2023
I cut my daughter's hair when she was 1. She's now 2 yrs now , her is Fuller& thicker now. There is no rule to that , do what u feel is ok for your child.

2 Likes

Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by ugodson(m): 3:33pm On Jan 08, 2023
My mother was someone like that. But she spent like over 7years in America (she has a BLUE passport now) but came home at intervals no one cuts her grand children's hair she will tell you to leave it.
I love her so so much

1 Like

Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by Shampoo77: 3:33pm On Jan 08, 2023
My daughter is going to 9 years and I have never cut her hair for once.

3 Likes

Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by GorgeousAF(f): 3:39pm On Jan 08, 2023
It's not necessary...infact it's of no significance...my daughter will be 6 and she still has her baby hair...I didn't cut it for one day!!!my mom said it wasn't necessary so I left it and I'm glad I did..tho I cut my boy's own for his 1 year birthday coz d hair wasn't even.....!!!

1 Like

Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by rollandben(m): 3:41pm On Jan 08, 2023
I did that silly mistake for allowing my parents to cut my First and second born hair. The last born came and they wanted to do the same, the I had to question my parent what for, the reply they gave me didnt suit my question. Then I frankly told them never to touch my child's hair, that when its time for me, I would do it my self.

1 Like

Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by 43Ronin: 3:44pm On Jan 08, 2023
Jones90:
Op you are just in my mind. I wanted to ask this same question here but i was trying to avoid insult from some NLders.

My daughter will be a year old next month and i love how full her hair have grown and i don't want to cut it, but i don't know if there's any repercussions for not doing that
You don't have to but that baby hair won't be strong and will begin to fall out later on. The hair might not even grow as much as it should have. People cut their hair so that the strong black hair can grow without it cutting. My Sister did not cut her baby's hair even after one. But when the small todler started to cut her own hair and swallow it she did not think twice. Now my little niece now has full hair(afro) like a negro
Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by ComeToJesus: 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2023
Bayonet40:

It's just a tradition of men that holds no water. I deliberately refused to cut my second child's hair to debunk a lot of fairy tales.
Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by davidtemi(m): 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2023
kollinz1234:
Why not just ask your mother or any elderly person in your neighborhood You can't get
the answers you seek here. Many people here are simply young or single or inexperienced. I do not think they can advise you on this topic.
you're the best. Most of the people here are inexperienced.

1 Like

Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by mukthar2000(m): 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2023
Oga the hair most be cut off immediately u born the new baby, that is part of dirty on the baby to avoid body odour.

2 Likes

Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by davidtemi(m): 3:58pm On Jan 08, 2023
If u like don't cut u hear. Nothing concern me. Me I cut my children's hair same day dey clock 1yo.

1 Like

Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by Lovelydaisies: 4:03pm On Jan 08, 2023
I wonder the same thing. My girl will be one in February. I make her hair though.
Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by LastProphet: 4:07pm On Jan 08, 2023
kollinz1234:
Why not just ask your mother or any elderly person in your neighborhood You can't get
the answers you seek here. Many people here are simply young or single or inexperienced. I do not think they can advise you on this topic.

You are a wise person

1 Like

Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by 43Ronin: 4:08pm On Jan 08, 2023
LEGALSER:

My baby boys aren't getting any hair cut, infact they will braid their hair from age 1 till whenever they are grown and ready to take decisions.
I will never plait my sons hair. I don't want any future excuses of him being gay or transgender because he thought he was born that way. I try not to copy western stuffs too much esp as their children are now LGBTQ. Put that manly nature in him. At least if he grows up and decides to plait his hair u know he's doing so for fashion..

3 Likes

Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by Nawttiboi007(m): 4:10pm On Jan 08, 2023
If u like keep it till infinity who cares?..
freshtimi:
No mind them. My boy is almost one and nobody dares touch his hair
Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by doneback04: 4:10pm On Jan 08, 2023
freshtimi:

Continue na you go tired
Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by AroOkigbo(m): 4:14pm On Jan 08, 2023
freshtimi:
Don't worry till he gets into a boarding school grin
Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by devigblegble: 4:18pm On Jan 08, 2023
My boy is 5 months old, he had his hair shaved off when he was few days old but I’m actually keeping his hair for a long time . Lots of people say oh cut his hair bla bla bla I just look at them with one eye like is the hair bothering them
Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by HitSong: 4:24pm On Jan 08, 2023
freshtimi:
Shut up
Bring him to me and I'll cut it.
Nobody dares yenyenyen undecided
Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by Kenog4real(m): 4:31pm On Jan 08, 2023
grin grin grin what about those that cut after 7days. I always feel for the child because they remove everything hair on the head and thereby leaving the baby very ugly with the head shining. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by spartoo: 4:34pm On Jan 08, 2023
frozen70:

Is a thing of choice
The hair protects their scalp and the entire head from getting cold and hitting the head on thr floor when they fall especially at that toddler age or infant age

So I believe that by 1yr, the scalp have grown enough to with stand cold effects and the effects of falling and hitting the head on the floor

You didn't answer the question. He's asking if it is necessary to cut a child's hair when they clock 1, or is it an unnecessary superstition?
Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by IMASTEX: 4:35pm On Jan 08, 2023
Bayonet40:

Two main reasons and one of which is primitive.

1. First main reason which is primitive is as quoted below.
Whobedatte:
Reason why people cut after a year is because of fetish and occultist people
That’s all !
just as virgins are sort out for by the men of the underworld. So I believe keep the info to yourself would solve that.

2. Secondly, it is believed that the hair would make them keep looking so babish, brownish or not even fully covered. So they trimme to make room for a fresh fully blended hair.

Inclusion,
your family, your choice & your rules.
Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by Oyiboman69: 4:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
Bayonet40:

in my place,we cut after 7days.
The hair that comes with the child is not that clean cos of the fluid in mother's womb which needs to removed with it so as to allow new ones to grow
Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by Oyiboman69: 4:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
Bayonet40:

Re: Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year by irunoko(m): 4:38pm On Jan 08, 2023
freshtimi:
does he have dreadlock hair as in Dada hair?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Father Is Destroying My Brother And My Family!!! / Elderly Man Heaps Praises On His Wife As She Arrives From Work (video) / Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.