Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,496 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” (60950 Views)

Lead British School Student Bullied, Slapped By Other Students Over Boyfriend / Robbers Invade TASUED Hostels, Rape 4 Students / MAPOLY Suspends 4 Months Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by sslcrypt: 9:53pm On Jan 07, 2023
Sad
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 07, 2023
MrBanner:
They failed to specify that the so-called "ritual" is just the usual pouring of water during matric and graduation.

Actually, the University of Calabar passed circulars and memos to all departments upon resumption of schools after the ASUU strike, banning the water ritual always engaged in during graduations, matriculations, birthdays or any occasions whatsoever.

Hence, these students defied that directive with this act. So it's no longer business as usual. Nigerians need to learn to adhere to laws and instructions. We too stubborn for this country!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by MrEgghead(m): 9:55pm On Jan 07, 2023
Righteousness2:
The height at which the devil is deceiving and destroying young folks in the Name of one devilish Nonsense or the other is alarming.

So many young men and ladies are being led astray.
Many others are sent to their graves and quickly to Hell due to engaging in one satanic scheme or the other.

Listen young men and Ladies,
There is a way that looks balling, hopping and sweet, the End is Destruction !

There is Life after Death.
Heaven and Hell are Real!
Flee from these evils, Run to JESUS Christ.
Live for JESUS Christ. It is more Profitable here on Earth and in Eternity.
I'm sure you didn't read the message. Na you holy pass.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Enny2013(f): 9:57pm On Jan 07, 2023
Iamdbull:
Dbull on this one!!!

Fans almost did this to me at one of my shows, they chased me and told me never to set my foot there again after I performed my song for them
One Nairalander in Russia said he would lyk to play ur songs at a club...he's a DJ.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 07, 2023
Just to clear the air, the current VC banned "water rituals" usually engaged in during matriculations, graduations, birthdays, etc. The circular to that effect was put out late last year.

Any coconut head student who goes ahead with it now, does so at his or her own risk!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by ejimatic: 9:59pm On Jan 07, 2023
ijustdey:

https://dailynigerian.com/university-calabar-suspends/
I still don't understand why pouring of water would lead to suspension.Ladies inthe pics are even happy with the water display. We need to know more on this matter Based on what is said here the suspension is a miscarriage of justice
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by tonididdy(m): 9:59pm On Jan 07, 2023
arantess:

Imagine if a jealous person there has acid in the bucket instead of water.

Some actually use dirty water on people

Through out your years in the uni, did you ever hear or experience such scenario?

Them nor dey gun men down on their mat-day.
What did the VC do about that?
Is just a witch hunt by the VC and his cabinets.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by chuksPraise50(m): 10:00pm On Jan 07, 2023
They should reinstate those students....Water baptism is a normal thing abeg...VC they are more pressing issues in your school than this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by macaranta(m): 10:01pm On Jan 07, 2023
MrBanner:
They failed to specify that the so-called "ritual" is just the usual pouring of water during matric and graduation.

Almost every graduate of Nigerian Universities did this at one point in time, so I don't really understand the fuss.

Also if it's not clearly stated in the school's constitution that it's forbidden to do this ...then the worst school could have done was to issue a warning.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Lamasta(m): 10:04pm On Jan 07, 2023
overdrive:
Good for them.

How is it good for them tell me which law of the school the affected students broke
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Prechgold1180(m): 10:04pm On Jan 07, 2023
tonididdy:

Do you even understand what the "water ritial" In this context is? undecided
This one wey you Don dey preach doom!

He nur Dey read to understand

Nah to open mouth wah for all trend

They cap fire and everything
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by alizma: 10:07pm On Jan 07, 2023
Women and their stupid reaction. Water ritual as you call it is a normal thing among students during matriculation and graduation, if the school find something odd in it, it should first ban it among the students then a semester sanction can be attached. Why outright suspension over something that students have considered a normal thing over the years? Was there any harm on a particular student as a result of water ritual, are the students involved a friend if a student who made complain, if any or the school management just picked some students as scape goat? I hope the students involved know their right and take the school to court, provided there is no ban on water ritual and no student report any harm due to water ritual.

1 Like

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:08pm On Jan 07, 2023
Amuluonyenaego:
Over sabi university, so everything dn become ritual now.
it's used to be fun then... I remember how I was baptized as a malabite... But if school management frown against it then they ought to have stopped...

1 Like

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by IbrahimSola: 10:10pm On Jan 07, 2023
Brendaniel:
I thought I would see a picture of the students inside river with herbalist washing their head or something like that.

Water ritual my arse! This is the normal practice where ur guys, ur fans or even family members or room mate would pour u water on Matric day. Sometimes they do it on someone's birthday. Probably they poured the water on a girl that is connected to people wey get mouth in Management.

Suspension is like killing an ant with a sledge hammer. Probably a letter of apology to the victim or lighter forms of punishment would have sufficed. I am not in support of pouring people dirty water simply because it is your matriculation day. But if you live in the hostel, you shd expect it. It is not water ritual, it is pouring of water by your seniors, whether they know you or not. It happens nationwide in MOST hostels and neighborhood where there are students of higher institutions. This big sounding name and the punishment is just what I don't understand. They need to officially ban the practice in the hostels.

1 Like

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by seeyounow: 10:11pm On Jan 07, 2023
cool cool cool embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by deepwater(f): 10:12pm On Jan 07, 2023
owobokiri:
They need to start having "campus police"" in Nigerian universities .
Many absurdities that will ultimately jeopardize serious academic learning are going on unchecked and unhindered in the campuses. You send your ward there as an innocent gal or boy and after two years, you have either a gangster cultist or ruthless hooker.. It doesn't happen elsewhere
They do already, way long before now.
Apart from the naval cadets (students though) in lasu, there is also a policing outfit called campus Marshall. Other schools hv same outfit but with different names

1 Like

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by ohil: 10:15pm On Jan 07, 2023
Righteous2, do you think the school management did not verify all these before suspending the students. Knowledge have increased so as you are devising other means, information will continuously be evolving. That decision was not talking in a day. Their must have been an incriminating evidence. Verify. ....

1 Like

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by IbrahimSola: 10:16pm On Jan 07, 2023
OriOko88:
grin
I no get am. Shey na today dem dey bath person with water for school ni abi wats their offence per say. Some even used sand with water to bath person wey dey celebrate birthday or dey graduate by then in school.

I guess they flogged the girl after pouring her wt water undecided

Abi o. Normal water wey dem dey pour people wey matriculate with absolute no strings attached. Na im come be this one wey dem dey suspend people. Probably they girl in question is a Professor's child or probably she get long legs.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Lilchilz(m): 10:27pm On Jan 07, 2023
Negac7272:
Student be careful

Guys don't play with this update

Palm diamond campaign are still paying new user #10,000 per person after the sign up without doing any task and you don't have to refer anybody..

For you to receive the #10,000 you must use a phone number that has not been use before on palmpay to register.

And you must use the verify campaign link you will find below to register, when done you will receive the #10,000 instantly and withdraw fast when it drop.

You will find the campaign link in this Facebook post
Click the link below
https://www.facebook.com/100087321703803/posts/pfbid025siQGyhwWvugNPBcMcXvBx3dkni7pherbHnkwaQYhBVkRGRAhqf7M3iNqXH9aQ1Xl/?app=fbl

When you receive the money send #2000 Naira to me as appreciation for showing you this update, palmpay 8. 1. 0. 46. 46. 8. 2. 5

Na you foolish pass for this world
You no even package your scam
Fake editing
Dry and fish brain
Werey still con paste Facebook link to hack Facebook
Walai if i see you like this i fit gun you down
You no get level
Try de package ursef idiot..

1 Like

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by brandsoncharlie: 10:27pm On Jan 07, 2023
MrBanner:
You won’t obey simple rules and regulations set aside by institutions tomorrow una go Dey complain of yahoo Boys or Boko haram.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by CartelKenneth: 10:30pm On Jan 07, 2023
Maybe God is too busy vacationing in Hawaii to give a fuc.k about Nigeria
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 07, 2023
Abeg they should reverse it jare. What's all that for? I don't think it ever generated violence.they just over reacting. So sad. angry
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Ishilove: 10:32pm On Jan 07, 2023
Very good. I knew they will get into trouble once that video went viral
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 07, 2023
Lilchilz:

Na you foolish pass for this world
You no even package your scam
Fake editing
Dry and fish brain
Werey still con paste Facebook link to hack Facebook
Walai if i see you like this i fit gun you down
You no get level
Try de package ursef idiot..
I am telling u bro.
Very stupid fellow cool

1 Like

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by charlsecy(m): 10:40pm On Jan 07, 2023
Righteousness2:

There is a way that looks balling, hopping and sweet, the End is Destruction ! There is Life after Death.]
Not sure you are following.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by imagrg(m): 10:45pm On Jan 07, 2023
Parents are to blame for the spate of moral decadence in the country. Most parents are so busy pursuing money that they forget that their children need their attention at home.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by IamtheTruth1(m): 10:51pm On Jan 07, 2023
MrBanner:

Do you even understand the meaning of "Ritual" ? Abi you think once person tie red cloth carry calabash..lol.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by emmy512: 10:52pm On Jan 07, 2023
.:

Actually, the University of Calabar passed circulars and memos to all departments upon resumption of schools after the ASUU strike, banning the water ritual always engaged in during graduations, matriculations, birthdays or any occasions whatsoever.

Hence, these students defied that directive with this act. So it's no longer business as usual. Nigerians need to learn to adhere to laws and instructions. We too stubborn for this country!
That circular came in after this incident.

So the students didn't commit any crime.

Over woke things happening,
All that girl had to do was run, or avoid where they pour water.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by ipobarecriminals: 10:52pm On Jan 07, 2023
Righteousness2:
The height at which the devil is deceiving and destroying young folks in the Name of one devilish Nonsense or the other is alarming.

So many young men and ladies are being led astray.
Many others are sent to their graves and quickly to Hell due to engaging in one satanic scheme or the other.

Listen young men and Ladies,
There is a way that looks balling, hopping and sweet, the End is Destruction !

There is Life after Death.
Heaven and Hell are Real!
Flee from these evils, Run to JESUS Christ.
Live for JESUS Christ. It is more Profitable here on Earth and in Eternity.
undecided Bia! Pa Nkenna Righteousness2 sad. Wic one be diz devil this ,devil undecided? Those that see devil in everything are demon themselves. The people are just too playful sad. Back in those good old days, nay to snap pics with friends/selected course mates, buy malt/rice chop and walk to lecture room jeje. Devil koh, Satan ni
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by EMAXIM(m): 10:55pm On Jan 07, 2023
A lot of these Nairaland commenters are illiterate.
I can't believe the comments I read here. How can an intelligent person says that it is very okay for expelling those students?!
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by ipobarecriminals: 11:01pm On Jan 07, 2023
sad80% of peepz here are KIDS
EMAXIM:
A lot of these Nairaland commenters are illiterate.
I can't believe the comments I read here. How can an intelligent person says that it is very okay for expelling those students?!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Drama You Will See As Schools Will Resume On Monday (photos) / Ejikeme Mmesoma: Can JAMB Type May This Way? / The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.