Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” (60952 Views)

Lead British School Student Bullied, Slapped By Other Students Over Boyfriend / Robbers Invade TASUED Hostels, Rape 4 Students / MAPOLY Suspends 4 Months Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by ceejay80s(m): 5:02am On Jan 08, 2023
MrBanner:
They failed to specify that the so-called "ritual" is just the usual pouring of water during matric and graduation.
Exactly what I wanted to say, like puring water on a birthday girl and u say it's ritual?
Over do dey worry their headmistress lol
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by ceejay80s(m): 5:07am On Jan 08, 2023
tonididdy:

Do you even understand what the "water ritual" In this context is? undecided
This one wey you Don dey preach doom!
No mind am, make e dey carry bible for head like say na only him go make heaven
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by CheapHomes1: 5:11am On Jan 08, 2023
arantess:

Imagine if a jealous person there has acid in the bucket instead of water.

Some actually use dirty water on people

What has acid got to do with ritual? Where the boys suspended because of acid?

If they use dirty water, does that make it a crime worthy of suspension?
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Cantonese: 5:23am On Jan 08, 2023
MrBanner:
They failed to specify that the so-called "ritual" is just the usual pouring of water during matric and graduation.

And what if the victim was not happy about it? Which one be say pour person water for body, pour person powder for body? Na play dem go play for school abi to learn?

No be everybody dey like that play. Unical has a solid VC now and the school is moving forward.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by zedegit: 5:47am On Jan 08, 2023
[quote author=ijustdey post=119816320]

https://dailynigerian.com/university-calabar-suspends/[/quote
Suspension is not enough. It should be expulsion. Useless bunch of students. They poured water sotay the girl's skirt fell off and her pant was seen.

This action was done by supposed leaders of tomorrow. Expulsion to send a warning to all students in Nigeria who lack sense.

The sad part was that her fellow female partook in the act. That girl can as well lure her fellow students into cultism and rape.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by zedegit: 5:51am On Jan 08, 2023
[quote author=Amuluonyenaego post=119817713]Over sabi university, so everything dn become ritual now.[/quote

It must be stopped. Unless you want to volunteer your mother to be celebrated that way.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by zedegit: 5:53am On Jan 08, 2023
MrBanner:

There's nothing usual about madness. No wonder this country is not progressing. Go outside the country and see what other youths are inventing which you are falling over yourself to buy.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by zedegit: 5:57am On Jan 08, 2023
Thereisstillhop:
Which one come be water rituals. Normally once it's matriculation day, the old student in the hotel will definitely call all the 100L students and pour water. Some will even run to malabor. It's usually fun jare angry

Was it fun to the girl they were pouring water. She was angry and complaining. She even told them to stop but they became mad, shouted on her and poured heavy dose of water to expose her pant.

I wish that girl was your sister to add to the fun.

3 Likes

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by davillian(m): 6:17am On Jan 08, 2023
This same normal water after graduation don turn ritual lmao.....
School that is littered with cultist and no one has be en expelled or suspended....
Rubbish
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Nolevel666: 6:26am On Jan 08, 2023
Amuluonyenaego:
Over sabi university, so everything dn become ritual now.

Go and search the meaning of ritual on google.

1 Like

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Nolevel666: 6:32am On Jan 08, 2023
zedegit:

There's nothing usual about madness. No wonder this country is not progressing. Go outside the country and see what other youths are inventing which you are falling over yourself to buy.

Nor mind them.

Nigerians especially the young ones are always
Distracted by trivialities every time.
Their mates are aquiring knowledge for the birth of the next technology they here wasting their time on worthless activities

1 Like

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by ibinaboonline: 6:43am On Jan 08, 2023
If they actually took their matter to court, they'd win. Their expulsion is basically on biased grounds.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Fiscus105(m): 6:48am On Jan 08, 2023
ejimatic:
I still don't understand why pouring of water would lead to suspension.Ladies inthe pics are even happy with the water display. We need to know more on this matter Based on what is said here the suspension is a miscarriage of justice

Why must you go against simple rules and regulations.

Why did you find it difficult to obey simple instructions?

1 Like

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Pejah97: 6:51am On Jan 08, 2023
Thereisstillhop:
Which one come be water rituals. Normally once it's matriculation day, the old student in the hotel will definitely call all the 100L students and pour water. Some will even run to malabor. It's usually fun jare angry
the school should reconsider the decision abeg
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 08, 2023
Favvybillionz:

When was this memo passed sir? Cos last i checked it was after this act that the management sprung into action

Right after the ASUU strike was suspended last year.

1 Like

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Nauttyprof(m): 7:20am On Jan 08, 2023
tonididdy:

Do you even understand what the "water ritual" In this context is? undecided
This one wey you Don dey preach doom!

He has no understanding. Just feels everything must be evil just by reading the words
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Laughingkk: 7:21am On Jan 08, 2023
Water bathing people during birthday,matriculation and graduation is what I tag........ CHILD'S PLAY

1 Like

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Porksupplyib: 7:28am On Jan 08, 2023
MrBanner:

I tire o. Anyone that heard them now will think it was a "ritual"

Something that was just simply fun packed activity which stalites do for freshers yearly
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by samwillyco1(m): 7:44am On Jan 08, 2023
chessguru:
it is unlawful to pour water on people who does not want water poured on them , it is a silly practice

We are taking about academia's here not an ordinary organization. Can the institution show the world a section or sections of the school law during induction that prohibits pouring of water at the graduands/new intakes of the school.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Silentflute1234: 7:49am On Jan 08, 2023
All of una wey nor dey see anything wrong with what happened to this poor girl...karma fit catchup with una daughters or sisters...Poor girl is even angry
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Esquiredlegend: 8:42am On Jan 08, 2023
Kudos to the VC. We need more of this action to put an end to the stupid act of the students.
ijustdey:

https://dailynigerian.com/university-calabar-suspends/

1 Like

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by jimmyvic(m): 9:24am On Jan 08, 2023
This is just a normal celebration during matriculation or signing out in most schools na......this is uncalled for jare
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Shawl001(m): 11:05am On Jan 08, 2023
Thank God for social media. These are one of the advantages of Social media. I believe the management may not have been aware of this if it had not leaked online or something. They thought they were having fun, and displaying there madness to the world. The school had there integrity to protect before the same world.
I'm glad about the action taken by the management. It will teach others the right thing to do. We need more of this cleansing in our school corridors.
God help us.

A New Nigeria is emerging.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by okrikaboi: 11:20am On Jan 08, 2023
KosiGee:

One must be willing to participate in a particular ritual to be part of it. You can’t just pour water on someone because you’ve been doing it to other people.

If the lady didn’t give her consent to the ritual, I think that constitutes bullying or assault.
The ritual is dumb and the discipline is welcome. I only tried to educate Mr. Assistant Jesus that the practice being "tagged" as a ritual does not automatically mean satanic in this context.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by okrikaboi: 11:21am On Jan 08, 2023
fof1:

So why the Suspension by the University, Pls? Go tell the VC and the Committee that, it is a harmless Ceremony, Pls
It was a dumb exercise in campus. If I was the VC I would do worse to them. There is nothing satanic about it.

1 Like

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by usj(m): 11:44am On Jan 08, 2023
DUNDEEMASTER:
Hunger has really affected our reasoning so much in this country.
Who else have noticed the rate of ritualism skyrocketed in this country in the last 8 yrs...
this thing is not evil, it is usually done during matriculation, graduation and celebrations of birthdays. Friends would start pouring water on whoever's celebrating. What I hate about it is some people would pour dirty water on others.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Panelbeater(m): 1:05pm On Jan 08, 2023
Scrolling through the comments section has now made me see reason why Nigeria is the way it is.
This lady was stripped to her panties and molested with water till she fell down by these guys. I remember watching the explicit video on instablog and gistlover telegram channel last year.
These boys deserved to be expelled judging by what I watched.
Some with no idea of the occurrence are castigating the VC as a feminist, some are even preaching against Satan. Seek proper information before commenting guys.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Panelbeater(m): 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2023
zedegit:

Was it fun to the girl they were pouring water. She was angry and complaining. She even told them to stop but they became mad, shouted on her and poured heavy dose of water to expose her pant.

I wish that girl was your sister to add to the fun.
Thank God you also watched the video. Those boys are animals, how can you strip a girl almost naked with water? , her skirt fell off and her private part were exposed by these boys
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by EmpressOVD: 1:15pm On Jan 08, 2023
ijustdey:

https://dailynigerian.com/university-calabar-suspends/

I'm a 4/4 student of accounting department, faculty of management sciences, university of Calabar nd I don't know Stephen Howard Usen to be a 4/4 accounting student. Try getting facts right before publishing...
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Supersymetry: 3:51pm On Jan 08, 2023
4 primitive students, they need to be jailed for assault.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Testimony1988(m): 5:44pm On Jan 08, 2023
I can vividly remember the story.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Exceed15: 8:45pm On Jan 08, 2023
Albert0011:
That was how they poured my neighbor way back at school smelling dirty stagnant water.

She was smelling all throughout the week. grin

All thru d week Easy nahhh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents / Ejikeme Mmesoma: Can JAMB Type May This Way? / The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.