Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” (60953 Views)

Lead British School Student Bullied, Slapped By Other Students Over Boyfriend / Robbers Invade TASUED Hostels, Rape 4 Students / MAPOLY Suspends 4 Months Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by emmavictory: 11:10pm On Jan 07, 2023
Which one be water ritual? Abeg make them leave the children jari we dey catch their fun
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by nesphil(m): 11:16pm On Jan 07, 2023
Arrant nonsense!
That punishment is too much for the offense that they committed undecided

ijustdey:

https://dailynigerian.com/university-calabar-suspends/
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Ifyz0001: 11:27pm On Jan 07, 2023
It is not enough to always brandish we the youth as victims and as guilty.

Just as it is the right thing for the school's authority to suspend the students involved, it is also important for the leaders to tell themselves the truth that they are the cause.

Come February elections, they should not collect bribe to rig elections in favour of the same people that put all of us in this mess.

Cause, if they always collect money to favour bad leaders, one day their children will be the victims of ritualist...God forbid.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by fof1: 11:40pm On Jan 07, 2023
okrikaboi:

You go try dey calm down, there is nothing diabolic about the ritual. Try googling the meaning of ritual before tagging the topic as satanic. The ritual is done by kids and illiterates, they pour water on you on your birthday believing that it would bring blessings. It's just a dumb idea and it has no satanic roots. You could join them as well it's totally harmless for an illiterate.

So why the Suspension by the University, Pls? Go tell the VC and the Committee that, it is a harmless Ceremony, Pls
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by brain54(m): 11:48pm On Jan 07, 2023
Iamdbull:
Dbull on this one!!!

Fans almost did this to me at one of my shows, they chased me and told me never to set my foot there again after I performed my song for them
Was your song that wack…?
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Prisco4luv(m): 11:57pm On Jan 07, 2023
That's Good
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by mignone(f): 12:12am On Jan 08, 2023
arantess:

Imagine if a jealous person there has acid in the bucket instead of water.

Some actually use dirty water on people
Right! Exactly what happened in YABATECH about 10 years ago. A girl went blind when colleagues claimed to have poured her water on her birthday. Eventually it was discovered to be some chemical.
She was taken to the health centre&then referred to LUTH. The parents took her abroad &all.
She's still blind.
It was in d news.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by CzarChris(m): 12:16am On Jan 08, 2023
Beautiful, but those rascals should have been completely rusticated. Rubbish.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by WelcomeToBiafra: 12:17am On Jan 08, 2023
Who is the minister of Nigerian education?
I hope it is not what I am thinking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by KosiGee(m): 12:26am On Jan 08, 2023
okrikaboi:

You go try dey calm down, there is nothing diabolic about the ritual. Try googling the meaning of ritual before tagging the topic as satanic. The ritual is done by kids and illiterates, they pour water on you on your birthday believing that it would bring blessings. It's just a dumb idea and it has no satanic roots. You could join them as well it's totally harmless for an illiterate.

One must be willing to participate in a particular ritual to be part of it. You can’t just pour water on someone because you’ve been doing it to other people.

If the lady didn’t give her consent to the ritual, I think that constitutes bullying or assault.

1 Like

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by godofuck231: 12:32am On Jan 08, 2023
Horse shiit , what gender violence, the teenagers being predated by heavily built sex bullies in calabar villages are still not arrested or tracked down and she's looking for gender protection from happy students who just want to partake in a campus ritual , she should stop birthday partied because it exposes women to age ridicule and gender abuse
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by 2016v2017: 12:52am On Jan 08, 2023
Righteousness2:
The height at which the devil is deceiving and destroying young folks in the Name of one devilish Nonsense or the other is alarming.

So many young men and ladies are being led astray.
Many others are sent to their graves and quickly to Hell due to engaging in one satanic scheme or the other.

Listen young men and Ladies,
There is a way that looks balling, hopping and sweet, the End is Destruction !

There is Life after Death.
Heaven and Hell are Real!
Flee from these evils, Run to JESUS Christ.
Live for JESUS Christ. It is more Profitable here on Earth and in Eternity.

1 Like

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by ComeToJesus: 12:57am On Jan 08, 2023
I strongly support what the school authority has done. What sort of nonsense celebration or baptism is that?

Some would pour oily kitchen waste water on fellow students simply because they are newbies. Totally unacceptable.

How about buying a cup of coffee for the newbie and introducing him/her to Christ?

Having said that..
Great Malabites!!!
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by chymeze: 1:08am On Jan 08, 2023
Please can someone explain what exactly this water ritual is? It's really irritating when one posts a story like this about students being suspended over a "water ritual" and doesn't even care to give the readers insight on what the so called water ritual is all about. Poor journalism!

1 Like

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by samwillyco1(m): 1:22am On Jan 08, 2023
Nothing like ritual there, the institution took unwise decision in this matter.

It unlawful suspension, the school acted like APC Government.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Venom11(m): 2:04am On Jan 08, 2023
DUNDEEMASTER:
Hunger has really affected our reasoning so much in this country.
Who else have noticed the rate of ritualism skyrocketed in this country in the last 8 yrs...
Y do I de yu want to blame Buhari.. Hehee
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Venom11(m): 2:05am On Jan 08, 2023
chymeze:
Please can someone explain what exactly this water ritual is? It's really irritating when one posts a story like this about students being suspended over a "water ritual" and doesn't even care to give the readers insight on what the so called water ritual is all about. Poor journalism!
Abi oo
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by chessguru(m): 2:19am On Jan 08, 2023
MrBanner:
They failed to specify that the so-called "ritual" is just the usual pouring of water during matric and graduation.
it is a stupid practice , you can not be pouring water on those that does not believe in such practice , it is an assault . mumu practice
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by chessguru(m): 2:20am On Jan 08, 2023
samwillyco1:
Nothing like ritual there, the institution took unwise decision in this matter.

It unlawful suspension, the school acted like APC Government.
it is unlawful to pour water on people who does not want water poured on them , it is a silly practice
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Godsonkemz(m): 2:25am On Jan 08, 2023
This is why I insist women should not be given some strategic leadership roles such as vice chancellor, company CEO or high political role. because they are obsessed with power and with so much ego, they mismanage power. They are highly judgemental on gender based issues. Even though some students behave uncultured, but there are other ways to curtail their excesses other than using indefinite suspension. Come to FUTO, you'd see how the female VC has damaged the reputation of FUTO, by honouring a terrorist with PhD and doing nothing notable and remarkable since she assumed the position.

3 Likes

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Favvybillionz(m): 3:32am On Jan 08, 2023
Thereisstillhop:
Which one come be water rituals. Normally once it's matriculation day, the old student in the hotel will definitely call all the 100L students and pour water. Some will even run to malabor. It's usually fun jare angry
A student? U know malabor?
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Favvybillionz(m): 3:34am On Jan 08, 2023
OriOko88:
grin
I no get am. Shey na today dem dey bath person with water for school ni abi wats their offence per say. Some even used sand with water to bath person wey dey celebrate birthday or dey graduate by then in school.

I guess they flogged the girl after pouring her wt water undecided
Not at all. while pouring water on her, her dress slipped from her waist
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Favvybillionz(m): 3:36am On Jan 08, 2023
Buddha3:

Actually, the University of Calabar passed circulars and memos to all departments upon resumption of schools after the ASUU strike, banning the water ritual always engaged in during graduations, matriculations, birthdays or any occasions whatsoever.

Hence, these students defied that directive with this act. So it's no longer business as usual. Nigerians need to learn to adhere to laws and instructions. We too stubborn for this country!
When was this memo passed sir? Cos last i checked it was after this act that the management sprung into action
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by iLoveYouToo(m): 3:45am On Jan 08, 2023
MrBanner:
They failed to specify that the so-called "ritual" is just the usual pouring of water during matric and graduation.

That shit had to be stopped. I’ve seen people dragged into mud under the guise of ‘usual pouring of water’ and bathed all sorts of ‘water’. It’s madness, they should think of better innovative ways to celebrate, they’re students.

1 Like

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by aikyg(m): 4:05am On Jan 08, 2023
Righteousness2:
The height at which the devil is deceiving and destroying young folks in the Name of one devilish Nonsense or the other is alarming.

So many young men and ladies are being led astray.
Many others are sent to their graves and quickly to Hell due to engaging in one satanic scheme or the other.

Listen young men and Ladies,
There is a way that looks balling, hopping and sweet, the End is Destruction !

There is Life after Death.
Heaven and Hell are Real!
Flee from these evils, Run to JESUS Christ.
Live for JESUS Christ. It is more Profitable here on Earth and in Eternity.

You did not even bother to read and understand the news before you started your preaching. Read the article first. The water ritual they are referring to here is just a social activity; not fetish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by CodeTemplar: 4:05am On Jan 08, 2023
Made619:
The Depth of moral degradation is alarming most especially among the youths of this generation. You left your academics and start pursuing what's not even pursuing you. boys wey their mama still dey feed fah.... Shame
their mama is feeding them and FG is heavily subsidizing them. Why won't they misbehave?
These are the great Nigerian Students that will protest wildly if fees are increased and Japa if FG won't give them N400k secure jobs to continue the foolery.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by CodeTemplar: 4:11am On Jan 08, 2023
fof1:

So why the Suspension by the University, Pls? Go tell the VC and the Committee that, it is a harmless Ceremony, Pls
harmless you say until shit hits the fan.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by CodeTemplar: 4:14am On Jan 08, 2023
Buddha3:

Actually, the University of Calabar passed circulars and memos to all departments upon resumption of schools after the ASUU strike, banning the water ritual always engaged in during graduations, matriculations, birthdays or any occasions whatsoever.

Hence, these students defied that directive with this act. So it's no longer business as usual. Nigerians need to learn to adhere to laws and instructions. We too stubborn for this country!
The main difference between morally top schools and low ones is enforcing of rules and regulations.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by CodeTemplar: 4:16am On Jan 08, 2023
tonididdy:

Through out your years in the uni, did you ever hear or experience such scenario?

Them nor dey gun men down on their mat-day.
What did the VC do about that?
Is just a witch hunt by the VC and his cabinets.
rules are rules. Obey or leave.

1 Like

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by SaturnNick(m): 4:19am On Jan 08, 2023
I wonder too grin grin grin
Brendaniel:
I thought I would see a picture of the students inside river with herbalist washing their head or something like that.
Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by jrobbins: 4:56am On Jan 08, 2023
Thereisstillhop:
Which one come be water rituals. Normally once it's matriculation day, the old student in the hotel will definitely call all the 100L students and pour water. Some will even run to malabor. It's usually fun jare angry

Fun until one evil person adds acid as it happened during my school days and it got banned ever since in the institution.

1 Like

Re: University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” by Globad(f): 5:01am On Jan 08, 2023
okrikaboi:

You dey mind the guy? Everything na satanic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents / Ejikeme Mmesoma: Can JAMB Type May This Way? / The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.