Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms (15497 Views)

The Making Of The "Emene Enugu Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms" / The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Making Of The " Asaba Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 9:00am On Aug 24, 2023
More pictures later today.
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by Chidimercy: 10:44am On Aug 24, 2023
spyder880:
As at this morning, all arrangements to start and complete the finish of this building just kicked off, we are starting from the:

1. The rework of the scaffolding
2. The plumbing internal piping
3. Electrical piping, thunder arrestor equipment, distribution boards
4. Plastering of this entire building walls, and all the beautiful designs that came with it
5. POP ceiling
6. Wall screeding
7. Doors and windows installation and dressing
8. Electrical wiring
9. Handrails and stair rails dressing
10. Floor and wall tiles
11. Sanitary wares,
12. Soakaway system construction and connection
13. Wardrobe and kitchen cabinets
14. Water tank connections
15. Fencing of this property
16. Painting
17. Lights and electrical fittings
18. Compound works, concrete stamping
19. Industrial cleaning

we will be doing all these and showing the updates of this work here from today.

More updates later. Thanks for following.

Good morning Spyder880, please are we supposed to do the POP ceiling before the electrical wires, or wires before POP. I am asking because the POP should have light.
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by double3(m): 11:01am On Aug 24, 2023
spyder880:
We have completed the roofing sheets installation of this house, more pictures later.
Welldone spider.please what it ur take on using "American aluminum panel doors" for interior. Have u used one in any of ur projects, are dey durable for residential apartments. Are there any disadvantages using such doors...thanks

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 12:30pm On Aug 24, 2023
Chidimercy:

Good morning Spyder880, please are we supposed to do the POP ceiling before the electrical wires, or wires before POP. I am asking because the POP should have light.

POP ceiling before wiring, BUT, on areas where there is under decking, wire first, and POP later (only if this is full POP works and not screeding and cornice.

Thanks.
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 8:13am On Aug 25, 2023
double3:

Welldone spider.please what it ur take on using "American aluminum panel doors" for interior. Have u used one in any of ur projects, are dey durable for residential apartments. Are there any disadvantages using such doors...thanks

To be honest, I haven't used this door ever. I won't be in a good position to critique this door.
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 8:17am On Aug 25, 2023
More pictures from the completed roofing sheets work of this building...........

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 8:23am On Aug 25, 2023
More pictures of the completed roofing...........

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 8:26am On Aug 25, 2023
Already, electrical and mechanical piping works are ongoing in this house since yesterday, we will start the concrete and block kitchen counter tops for this house today.

These are all in preparation for the plastering stage which will start early next week.

More pictures later.
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by double3(m): 9:55am On Aug 25, 2023
spyder880:

To be honest, I haven't used this door ever. I won't be in a good position to critique this door.
Alright thanks
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by Gen2men: 3:36am On Aug 27, 2023
spyder880:
Roofing wood offloaded and ready to use ...........
Mr
Spyder what type of wood is this, and are they treated ?

Your building speed is incredible.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 7:11am On Aug 27, 2023
Gen2men:
Mr
Spyder what type of wood is this, and are they treated ?

Your building speed is incredible.

Good morning Sir, these are mangrove woods, popularly known in our markets as "mango wood". They are very hard wood and most times need no for of treatment. I have never seen a site where termites attacked these type of hard wood.

Thanks.
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 7:14am On Aug 27, 2023
Bringing in a lot of plastering sand, cement and other items needed to give this house a nice finish.

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by Gen2men: 3:17pm On Aug 27, 2023
spyder880:

Good morning Sir, these are mangrove woods, popularly known in our markets as "mango wood". They are very hard wood and most times need no for of treatment. I have never seen a site where termites attacked these type of hard wood.

Thanks.
Thanks for the clarification. Would it be said that this wood is the best especially in your region.
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 7:34pm On Aug 27, 2023
Gen2men:
Thanks for the clarification. Would it be said that this wood is the best especially in your region.

Yes, other people still call it "Danta" but I think they are the same wood by different names.
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by Gen2men: 11:56pm On Aug 27, 2023
spyder880:

Yes, other people still call it "Danta" but I think they are the same wood by different names.
Okay

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 9:19am On Aug 28, 2023
All the kitchen counter tops in the 6 kitchens of this house has been done and completed.

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by IAmshandy(m): 10:01am On Aug 28, 2023
spyder880:
Installation of roofing sheets is ongoing in this site today, more pictures later.

Hello oga Spyder, what kind/name of roofing is this, which mm is it and how much were they? I like the thickness of it and how plain it is.

Job well done, sir.

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 10:06am On Aug 28, 2023
IAmshandy:

Hello oga Spyder, what kind/name of roofing is this, which mm is it and how much were they? I like the thickness of it and how plain it is.

Job well done, sir.

This is 0.45mm thick aluminium long span plain roofing sheets. N4,000 per sqm.
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 8:15pm On Aug 30, 2023
We are here at this site now, more workers arriving.....
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 7:53am On Sep 02, 2023
More works on the kitchen counter tops...........

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 8:07am On Sep 02, 2023
We have removed the wooden framing holding the parapet cast.............

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 8:14am On Sep 02, 2023
We have completed the dressing of the whole parapet in this house, we are now starting the plastering of the exterior walls of this building..............

More updates later.
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by gabbytabby: 9:51am On Sep 02, 2023
What is the thickness of your kitchen concrete slab.

I would usually request between 2.5inches to maximum 3inches.

spyder880:
More works on the kitchen counter tops...........
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 9:54am On Sep 02, 2023
gabbytabby:
What is the thickness of your kitchen concrete slab.

I would usually request between 2.5inches to maximum 3inches.

This will be 4 inches thick. I want to make sure that even if they are pounding pepper on the kitchen top, it will withstand it cheesy
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by gabbytabby: 10:06am On Sep 02, 2023
I started with about 4 and even 5inches for the concrete slab but reduced as the years go.

By the time we put tilling its about 4.5inches. The other with 4 and 5 the end 5.5 to 6.5 inches looked quite bulky to me.

spyder880:

This will be 4 inches thick. I want to make sure that even if they are pounding pepper on the kitchen top, it will withstand it cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by gabbytabby: 10:18am On Sep 02, 2023
A cost saving that I discovered during the process as I only use machine concreting. I would include the woodwork for the kitchen slab at the same time as that of the lintel and concrete both at the same time and in one day.

wood
spyder880:
All the kitchen counter tops in the 6 kitchens of this house has been done and completed.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 10:26am On Sep 02, 2023
gabbytabby:
I started with about 4 and even 5inches for the concrete slab but reduced as the years go.

By the time we put tilling its about 4.5inches. The other with 4 and 5 the end 5.5 to 6.5 inches looked quite bulky to me.

That's very good, I also use tiles to finish it up, strong quality tiles, glazed.
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by Gen2men: 2:38am On Sep 03, 2023
spyder880:
We have completed the dressing of the whole parapet in this house, we are now starting the plastering of the exterior walls of this building..............

More updates later.
Any reason for starting the exterior plastering first ?
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 6:27am On Sep 03, 2023
Gen2men:
Any reason for starting the exterior plastering first ?

No, it could be done in any particular order. We can start the inner walls later this week.
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 6:55am On Sep 03, 2023
We have just delivered to this site, most of the ceiling POP and screeding materials needed to do the ceiling and also do the screeding of walls.

More pictures later.
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 9:03am On Sep 04, 2023
POP ceiling materials, wall screeding materials already arriving and being stocked at this site this past weekend............

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 9:04am On Sep 04, 2023
Moving out to buy more stuff today............

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Hotel On A Full Plot Of Land For Sale. Selling Cheap. / FASTEST ONE STOREY BUILDING CONSTRUCTION EVER BUILT IN 3 WEEKS & 5 DAYS / Give your House A Quality Pop Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.