Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms (15538 Views)

The Making Of The "Emene Enugu Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms" / The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Making Of The " Asaba Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by Godisgreatest1: 6:06pm On May 26, 2023
spyder880:
More....

Good evening Sir, please pardon my unrelated question, I lost the information you already shared before on this platform;

After roofing a building, what are the steps to take serially and accordingly to final finishing?. Thank you.
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 9:11pm On May 26, 2023
Godisgreatest1:

Good evening Sir, please pardon my unrelated question, I lost the information you already shared before on this platform;

After roofing a building, what are the steps to take serially and accordingly to final finishing?. Thank you.

I will send you the information later. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by amosblac: 5:54am On May 27, 2023
spyder880:

1. 1000 square metres of land can only build 2 units of 6 flats of 2 bedrooms, with a line of cars as parking space for both houses.

2. I believe that N34 million naira can still build the shell of this 6 flats, by that I mean the foundation till the roofing of the house, no finish stages involved.

Welcome Sir.
well done sir. The N34 million is for a single unit of the 6 flats or 2 units of the 6 flats?
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 7:13am On May 27, 2023
amosblac:
well done sir. The N34 million is for a single unit of the 6 flats or 2 units of the 6 flats?

For a single unit Sir.
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 7:16am On May 27, 2023
Godisgreatest1:

Order of house finish for new buildings

1. Scaffolding
2. Thunder arrestor and first floor electrical piping/distribution boards
3. Pre plumbing piping for hot/cold water, plus other provisions
4. Interior and exterior wall plastering/designs
5. POP ceilings
6. Windows and burglary proof
7. Doors and keys installation
8. Electrical wires
9. Handrails, step rails
10. Wall and floor tiles
11. Sanitary wares/toilet and bath fittings
12. Soakaway system construction, connection / inspection chambers
13. Wardrobe and kitchen cabinets
14. Borehole/ tank stand /tanks and water pipes
15. Fence works/gate
15. House painting
16. Electrical fittings installation, sockets, switches and lights
17. Compound filling,  landscaping
18. Industrial cleaning / fumigation.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by Chidimercy: 8:18am On May 27, 2023
spyder880:

1. Scaffolding
5. POP ceilings
8. Electrical wires
9. Handrails, step rails
10. Wall and floor tiles
15. Fence works/gate
15. House painting

Please spyder, I need your help. My carpenter and engineer said the Aluminum Long Span roof used for my building is 0.47 guage. I doubt if there is a 0.47 guage and beside after installing the roof, I don't like it because it looks too shinny under the sun and also doesn't look balanced and straight. Please, what should be the cause, and do I have anyway to remedy this? Because I don't like the roof and I spent millions to install it. Now I am more like disliking the house.
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 8:23am On May 27, 2023
Chidimercy:

Please spyder, I need your help. My carpenter and engineer said the Aluminum Long Span roof used for my building is 0.47 guage. I doubt if there is a 0.47 guage and beside after installing the roof, I don't like it because it looks too shinny under the sun and also doesn't look balanced and straight. Please, what should be the cause, and do I have anyway to remedy this? Because I don't like the roof and I spent millions to install it. Now I am more like disliking the house.

I haven't heard of 0.47 before, only 0.45 and 0.50. Roofs can look shiny after first installation, and will gradually lose the shine as the years roll by. If it doesn't look straight, it might be the fault of the roofers who did the wood work. Installation follows the placement and balance of the wood.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by Chidimercy: 8:35am On May 27, 2023
spyder880:

I haven't heard of 0.47 before, only 0.45 and 0.50. Roofs can look shiny after first installation, and will gradually lose the shine as the years roll by. If it doesn't look straight, it might be the fault of the roofers who did the wood work. Installation follows the placement and balance of the wood.

Thanks for your contribution.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by Godisgreatest1: 10:14am On May 27, 2023
spyder880:

1. Scaffolding
5. POP ceilings
8. Electrical wires
9. Handrails, step rails
10. Wall and floor tiles
15. Fence works/gate
15. House painting

Great!. This is exactly the information I was looking for, Sir. I had searched through your comments to page 20 but couldn't trace them again. thank you very much sir, I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by CircleOfWilis: 3:19pm On May 27, 2023
I noticed the heights of the foundation (walls) are not at the same level. How can I correct it pls
Sorry to border u sir
Thank u sir

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 7:44pm On May 27, 2023
CircleOfWilis:
I noticed the heights of the foundation (walls) are not at the same level. How can I correct it pls
Sorry to border u sir
Thank u sir

Do you plan to put a foundation beam at this stage?
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by CircleOfWilis: 4:12am On May 28, 2023
spyder880:

Do you plan to put a foundation beam at this stage?
forgive my language...I meant the plinth beam.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 9:18am On Jun 01, 2023
We have completed every work in the first floor walls of this building.

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 9:20am On Jun 01, 2023
We have cast every column and every beam with concrete, we have also topped the blocks in readiness for the decking.............

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 9:23am On Jun 01, 2023
More pictures

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 3:58pm On Jun 05, 2023
Second decking works at this site is being prepared..........
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2023
Looking at this house from another angle...........

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 3:57pm On Jun 09, 2023
From the front...........

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 4:00pm On Jun 09, 2023
From inside the compound.............

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 1:56pm On Jun 16, 2023
Back to this building...........

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2023
From around the stairs.........

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 6:26pm On Jun 16, 2023
2nd Decking wooden platform

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 6:28pm On Jun 16, 2023
From the ground............

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 8:59am On Jun 22, 2023
Iron reinforcement works going on here now.............

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 9:09am On Jun 22, 2023
Around the double stairs...........

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by Akerewe(m): 3:54pm On Jun 26, 2023
spyder880:
Iron reinforcement works going on here now.............

Pls what is the c/c spacing on this slab?? What type of iron is the best recently for slab either TMT/ LOCAL
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 4:01pm On Jun 26, 2023
Akerewe:

Pls what is the c/c spacing on this slab?? What type of iron is the best recently for slab either TMT/ LOCAL

We have our CC for this slab set at 60mm. The slab is a total of 150mm thickness.

As for reinforcement rods, TMT is very cool, but there are standard gauges from most local companies these days after the FG improved the standard of rods late last year.

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by Akerewe(m): 4:05pm On Jun 26, 2023
spyder880:

We have our CC for this slab set at 60mm. The slab is a total of 15mm thickness.

As for reinforcement rods, TMT is very cool, but there are standard gauges from most local companies these days after the FG improved the standard of rods late last year.

C/c 60mm (less then 3 inches) as how, what am seeing on this slab is more than 60mm. May b am not getting u right!

150mm thickness is the standard!

Pls can u recommend a nice local iron Rod nd it's price for me nd the brand also
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 4:45pm On Jun 26, 2023
Akerewe:

C/c 60mm (less then 3 inches) as how, what am seeing on this slab is more than 60mm. May b am not getting u right!

150mm thickness is the standard!

Pls can u recommend a nice local iron Rod nd it's price for me nd the brand also

You were asking about slab reinforcement and the CC, in a typical slab with projected thickness of 150mm, when you remove the 12mm rods, and the possibility of some lapping in some crossed areas, you will have about 120mm of concrete left, I usually plan to have about 60mm top and 60mm bottom. The bottom part is usually easier, I can use concrete biscuits to prop up the decking mat, but the top CC is trickier as we must navigate to ensure that adequate spread is made so that the CC plan will be achieved.

B/w, 3 inches you mentioned is 75mm, not 60mm.

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by Akerewe(m): 8:54pm On Jun 26, 2023
spyder880:

You were asking about slab reinforcement and the CC, in a typical slab with projected thickness of 150mm, when you remove the 12mm rods, and the possibility of some lapping in some crossed areas, you will have about 120mm of concrete left, I usually plan to have about 60mm top and 60mm bottom. The bottom part is usually easier, I can use concrete biscuits to prop up the decking mat, but the top CC is trickier as we must navigate to ensure that adequate spread is made so that the CC plan will be achieved.

B/w, 3 inches you mentioned is 75mm, not 60mm.

Noted engineer

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 5:27am On Jun 27, 2023
Akerewe:

Noted engineer

Thank you.
Re: The Making Of The Asaba "Stepped" Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms by spyder880(m): 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2023
We have started the full concrete cast of this decking slab................

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

A Qualified Engineer That Can Handle Your House Design &construction In Nig / HOME SOLAR POWER SUPPLY SYSTEM FOR 3 BED HOUSE OR FLAT / Two Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, No Fatality Recorded (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.