Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,835,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting (32274 Views)

Pastor David Ibiyeomie Gets A Car As 55th Birthday Gift (Photos) / Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) / Omega Power Ministry Shades Pastor Ibiyeomie (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 3:59am On Jan 10, 2023
staga:
■Fasting requires abstinence from all bodily pleasures such as food and sex. There is nothing abnormal and it does not have to take Pastor Ibiyeomie to tell his followers who should know what fasting entails what to do.
■Christians who want to fast should know what it entails. How can you be fasting and having sex?
1. God said that you do not honor Him by torturing your body in any way — either by starving yourselves of food or sex — so who exactly are these rituals you partake in in honor of?
According to God, your fasting is meant to show Honor to Him and the only kind of fasting that can do that is one that is according to that which He commands - Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7. undecided
5 Do you think I want to see people punish their bodies on those days of fasting? Do you think I want people to look sad and bow their heads like dead plants? Do you think I want people to wear mourning clothes and sit in ashes to show their sadness? That is what you do on your days of fasting. Do you think that is what the Lord wants?
6 “I will tell you the kind of day I want—a day to set people free. I want a day that you take the burdens off others. I want a day when you set troubled people free and you take the burdens from their shoulders.
7 I want you to share your food with the hungry. I want you to find the poor who don’t have homes and bring them into your own homes. When you see people who have no clothes, give them your clothes! Don’t hide from your relatives when they need help.”
8 If you do these things, your light will begin to shine like the light of dawn. Then your wounds will heal. Your “Goodness” will walk in front of you, and the Glory of the Lord will come following behind you.
9 Then you will call to the Lord, and he will answer you. You will cry out to him, and he will say, “Here I am.” Stop causing trouble and putting burdens on people. Stop saying things to hurt people or accusing them of things they didn’t do.
10 Feel sorry for hungry people and give them food. Help those who are troubled and satisfy their needs. Then your light will shine in the darkness. You will be like the bright sunshine at noon.
11 The Lord will always lead you and satisfy your needs in dry lands. He will give strength to your bones. You will be like a garden that has plenty of water, like a spring that never goes dry.
12 Your cities have been destroyed for many years, but you will rebuild them and their foundations will last for a long time. You will be called “Fence Fixer” and “Builder of Roads and Houses.”
13 That will happen when you stop sinning against God’s law about the Sabbath and when you stop doing things to please yourself on that special day. You should call the Sabbath a happy day. You should honor the Lord’s special day by not saying and doing things that you do every other day of the week.
14 Then you could enjoy the Lord. As the Lord himself says, “I could carry you up to the highest mountain and let you enjoy the land that I gave to your father Jacob.” - Isaiah 58 vs 5 - 14
See, God said He will only answer you if you do what He commands, so why continue to engage in these meaningless rituals that these lying mogs and pastors spew at you? Who do you please by these foolish traditions? Certainly not God! undecided

2. Christians or gullible Churchians? Because no right-thinking follower of Jesus Christ would engage in starvation-diets thinking it is for God's sake or that God would answer to such a ritual. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 4:04am On Jan 10, 2023
staga:
■The reason why modern day Christians function without power is because they argue everything and always come up with excuses not to do the very things that empowered the first church in Acts of the Apostles. Prayerless, powerless and unfocussed Christians everywhere.
1. Wrong! The major reason for that is instead that many of you confuse your pagan rituals for the worship of God. You don't even know how to honor God — you suffer majorly from a lack of knowledge of His teachings and commandments, as you continue to gorge yourselves on the doctrines and traditions of men, lies, which Jesus Christ warned you to steer clear off instead. undecided

God never asked any man to embark on starvation-diet rituals using His name. You raise the lies fed to you by men who you call pastors and mogs above the Truth of God, yet you think in your lies you are justified by God. How you all work that out in your minds, I don't know. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 4:06am On Jan 10, 2023
papagiddy:
chairman.... Ramadan is out of here oo..just skipping lunch u dey call that one fasting The pastor is on point o
No he is not. What the pastor is suggesting is exactly that which is according to Ramadan kind of fast. https://metro.co.uk/2022/04/03/can-you-have-sex-during-ramadan-16396834/. What your pastor proclaims is not of scripture but of Islam— that and the starvation-diet rituals, all belong to Islam. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 4:08am On Jan 10, 2023
vivaAfrica:
Misleading heading, bloggers and journalists should mo d how they twist news to attract clicks and visitors. He Never banned anyone from having sex. He only suggested that fasting will be more effective whe couples abstain from sex during fasting.
So, never mind the fact that God instead said He does not want you to torture your body in His name, you are saying that, against God, what your pastor and mog suggests is that by torturing your body the more, God will be more pleased? undecided

Don't you lot see that these men don't mean anything good for your souls? undecided
According to God, your fasting is meant to show Honor to Him and the only kind of fasting that can do that is one that is according to that which He commands - Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7. undecided
5 Do you think I want to see people punish their bodies on those days of fasting? Do you think I want people to look sad and bow their heads like dead plants? Do you think I want people to wear mourning clothes and sit in ashes to show their sadness? That is what you do on your days of fasting. Do you think that is what the Lord wants?
6 “I will tell you the kind of day I want—a day to set people free. I want a day that you take the burdens off others. I want a day when you set troubled people free and you take the burdens from their shoulders.
7 I want you to share your food with the hungry. I want you to find the poor who don’t have homes and bring them into your own homes. When you see people who have no clothes, give them your clothes! Don’t hide from your relatives when they need help.”
8 If you do these things, your light will begin to shine like the light of dawn. Then your wounds will heal. Your “Goodness” will walk in front of you, and the Glory of the Lord will come following behind you.
9 Then you will call to the Lord, and he will answer you. You will cry out to him, and he will say, “Here I am.” Stop causing trouble and putting burdens on people. Stop saying things to hurt people or accusing them of things they didn’t do.
10 Feel sorry for hungry people and give them food. Help those who are troubled and satisfy their needs. Then your light will shine in the darkness. You will be like the bright sunshine at noon.
11 The Lord will always lead you and satisfy your needs in dry lands. He will give strength to your bones. You will be like a garden that has plenty of water, like a spring that never goes dry.
12 Your cities have been destroyed for many years, but you will rebuild them and their foundations will last for a long time. You will be called “Fence Fixer” and “Builder of Roads and Houses.”
13 That will happen when you stop sinning against God’s law about the Sabbath and when you stop doing things to please yourself on that special day. You should call the Sabbath a happy day. You should honor the Lord’s special day by not saying and doing things that you do every other day of the week.
14 Then you could enjoy the Lord. As the Lord himself says, “I could carry you up to the highest mountain and let you enjoy the land that I gave to your father Jacob.” - Isaiah 58 vs 5 - 14
See, God said He will only answer you if you do what He commands, so why continue to engage in these meaningless rituals that these lying mogs and pastors spew at you? Who do you please by these foolish traditions? Certainly not God! undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 4:13am On Jan 10, 2023
basork:
Pastor imposition is not mutual consent don't add what is not added. Bible said a woman should respect her husband and man love his wife.
Bible didn't say that. Instead, Paul, a man, suggested it, and Paul is not the Law nor a Lawgiver, so follow his opinions at your own risk. The one who is Law and LawGiver in the Kingdom of God is Jesus Christ. He is God's New Covenant and Law, God's Truth in the Kingdom of God, and He made it abundantly clear that your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 4:13am On Jan 10, 2023
nick50:
Na ibiyomie dey marry my wife abi I borrow money from him to pay d dowry??..all these pastors should calm down oo make dem no do pass oyimbo wey teach dem work
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 4:19am On Jan 10, 2023
Sweetplum:
And your types are so coward you dare not talk against Mohammedans!
By the way, the reason I don't bother talking against Mohammedans, Buddhists, Sango worshippers, Hinduists, Atheists, Witches/Wiccans, etc., has to do with Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ never spoke against the religions of those who He was not sent to call by the Father; nor did He send His followers out to use His name to condemn any religion out there in the world. The only religion He ever condemned was that which used the name of His father to sell what were lies, Judaism. And as such, the only religion that His followers can condemn by His teachings are all religions that set out to use the name of the Father, and Jesus Christ, in the selling of lies that are antiChrist. And the two religions happen to be Judaism and Christianity. undecided

Another reason why other religions don't matter has to do with teh fact that Jesus Christ only sent His followers to Teach the Gospel to the Lost sheep of Israel. So, why take away from others that which they cling to when you have nothing to give them in exchange? So, refusing to attack Islam is not cowardice but instead knowing not to waste one's time on meaningless things. grin
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by udomonday: 5:53am On Jan 10, 2023
I bet he is knacking his girlfriends
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Siscooh: 5:54am On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So finally he concedes that the starvation-diet ritual fasting exercises no dey do anything for anyone so that is why he wants to add sex deprivation to the ritual list. Next year, you will ask them all to shave their heads and they will do it too, those gullible numbnuts who listen to these men are unbeweavable lipsrsealed

Have you read the Bible on thus subject matter?
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 5:54am On Jan 10, 2023
Siscooh:
Have you read the Bible on thus subject matter?
Sure! why do you ask? undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Siscooh: 6:02am On Jan 10, 2023
lomprico:
Sex is not a sin.

It's not bad if he preaches abstinence from it for those who can't do without it but banning it entirely because of the fasting season get as e be.
Read the Bible
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Siscooh: 6:03am On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Sure! why do you ask? undecided
You response says the contrary. We ought to abstain during fasting. Pastor shouldn't even remind us
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 6:07am On Jan 10, 2023
Siscooh:
You response says the contrary. We ought to abstain during fasting. Pastor shouldn't even remind us
Are you certain you have ever read scripture yourself cause your statements here actually reveal you have never in fact done that for yourself. undecided

God Himself explained that you cannot please Him by torturing your body — starving yourself of food and of sex— so there is nothing scriptural about your starvation-diet exercise nor your pastor there who even advises you to add a lie upon another lie. According to God, your fasting is meant to show Honor to Him and the only kind of fasting that can do that is one that is according to that which He commands - Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Jossymekoos10: 6:07am On Jan 10, 2023
TimT:
Lols... Religion in Nigeria is heavy oooo.....
But come to think of it, biblically, having sex during fasting is quite wrong, becoz the aim of fasting is to deprive yourself of the good things of the flesh....
Now the issues be say why have sex during fasting..?? Before fasting una no do?? After fasting una say Lai Lai e no go sweet.. na the one during fasting una want....

Arise O Compatriots..........

Good morning sir
Your submission is understandable but it's a choice
If husband and wife choose to abstain, then it's fine
It's not for the pastor to impose it on them

If you actually study the passage that pastor quoted, you will see that Paul said that he was not imposing it on anybody

You must understand that people have different spiritual levels. In as much as you won't die because of sex deprivation, would you rather that the Christian that can't abstain from sex for such a long period should go and commit adultery or masturbation?

Everything must be done in love to keep fellow Christians from committing sin
Thank you sir
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 6:14am On Jan 10, 2023
Jossymekoos10:
■Good morning sir . Your submission is understandable but it's a choice. If husband and wife choose to abstain, then it's fine. It's not for the pastor to impose it on them
■If you actually study the passage that pastor quoted, you will see that Paul said that he was not imposing it on anybody
■You must understand that people have different spiritual levels. In as much as you won't die because of sex deprivation, would you rather that the Christian that can't abstain from sex for such a long period should go and commit adultery or masturbation?
■Everything must be done in love to keep fellow Christians from committing sin
Thank you sir
1. Your starvation-diets have nothing to do with God or that which He commands, to begin with. So your Pastor suggesting you abstain from sex while you engage in these starvation rituals reveals his ignorance of God's truth. undecided

2. Paul has nothing to do with any of what your Pastor has committed here out of ignorance of God's Truth. undecided

3. That is bullsheet talk and you know it. God said that you do not honor Him by torturing your bodies — either by starving yourselves of food or by abstaining from sex —and no spiritual-level nonsense makes it ok to suggest that uou can do any of that to please God. undecided

4. If what you do is not in accordance with that commanded by God Himself, you do it in vain, and worse, you sin against God by using His name in connection to such vain rituals. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Siscooh: 6:18am On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Are you certain you have ever read scripture yourself cause your statements here actually reveal you have never in fact done that for yourself. undecided

God Himself explained that you cannot please Him by torturing your body — starving yourself of food and of sex— so there is nothing scriptural about your starvation-diet exercise nor your pastor there who even advises you to add a lie upon another lie. According to God, your fasting is meant to show Honor to Him and the only kind of fasting that can do that is one that is according to that which He commands - Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7. undecided

Been saved from over 10 years ago. I am not even just a religious church goer; sound born again. Bible says if they agree just to seek Him. 1Cor 7:5-&6
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 6:28am On Jan 10, 2023
Siscooh:
■Been saved from over 10 years ago. I am not even just a religious church goer; sound born again. ■Bible says if they agree just to seek Him. 1Cor 7:5-&6
1. Is this some way of insisting that God must have lied in both Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7 regarding the kind of fasting He wants instead? undecided

2. Did Paul, in 1 Corinthians 7 say they should engage in starvation-diet fasting to please God in the manner that your pastor and mog there commands his followers to? undecided
1. Now I will discuss the things you wrote me about. You asked if it is better for a man not to have any sexual relations at all.
2 But sexual sin is a danger, so each man should enjoy his own wife, and each woman should enjoy her own husband.
3 The husband should give his wife what she deserves as his wife. And the wife should give her husband what he deserves as her husband.
4 The wife does not have power over her own body. Her husband has the power over her body. And the husband does not have power over his own body. His wife has the power over his body.
5 Don’t refuse to give your bodies to each other. But you might both agree to stay away from sex for a while so that you can give your time to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not be able to tempt you in your weakness.
6 I say this only to give you permission to be separated for a time. It is not a rule.
7 I wish everyone could be like me. But God has given each person a different ability. He makes some able to live one way, others to live a different way. - 1 Corinthians 7 vs 1 - 7
As you rightly said, Paul's opinion he meant as a mere suggestion. Paul didn't imply that by abstaining from sex while they pray instead, the married honors God. However, the same cannot be said of your pastor's claim, can it? undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Siscooh: 6:53am On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Is this some way of insisting that God must have lied in both Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7 regarding the kind of fasting He wants instead? undecided

2. Did Paul, in 1 Corinthians 7 say they should engage in starvation-diet fasting to please God in the manner that your pastor and mog there commands his followers to? undecided
As you rightly said, Paul's opinion he meant as a mere suggestion. Paul didn't imply that by abstaining from sex while they pray instead, the married honors God. However, the same cannot be said of your pastor's claim, can it? undecided

Everything I know the Lord taught me by the witness of the Holy Spirit in my heart. I don't follow any Mog foolishly neither should I continue to argue in a platform that rather needs evangelism than your efforts to prove me wrong. I don't attend his church and I don't live in Nigeria. Thank you. God bless you
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 6:58am On Jan 10, 2023
Siscooh:
■Everything I know the Lord taught me by the witness of the Holy Spirit in my heart. I don't follow any Mog foolishly
■neither should I continue to argue in a platform that rather needs evangelism than your efforts to prove me wrong.
■I don't attend his church and I don't live in Nigeria. Thank you. God bless you
1. Surely, the Lord can't teach you that which is contrary to His very own Word, can He? I mean no one who was in fact taught by God's very own Spirit of Truth would confuse the starvation-diet rituals of men with that which honors God, to begin with. So, how certain are you that the spirit you claim witnessed to you in your heart is of God? undecided

2. The Gospel is God's Law and Truth in the Kingdom of God. How can you preach to others if you yourself aren't equipped with the Truth in the Kingdom of God? undecided

3. You don't attend the man's church yet you stepped in to affirm his lie as scriptural truth when it isn't, why? undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Siscooh: 7:01am On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Surely, the Lord can't teach you that which is contrary to His very own Word, can He? I mean no one who was in fact taught by God's very own Spirit of Truth would confuse the starvation-diet rituals of men with that which honors God, to begin with. So, how certain are you that the spirit you claim witnessed to you in your heart is of God? undecided

2. The Gospel is God's Law and Truth in the Kingdom of God. How can you preach to others if you yourself aren't equipped with the Truth in the Kingdom of God? undecided

3. You don't attend the man's church yet you stepped in to affirm his lie as scriptural truth when it isn't, why? undecided

The word of God is Truth, it doesn't matter the church. Again I don't live in your country
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 7:07am On Jan 10, 2023
Siscooh:
The word of God is Truth, it doesn't matter the church. Again I don't live in your country
Indeed the Word of God, Jesus Christ, is God's Truth and Law. And, it is by Him that all these pastors and mogs are exposed as nothing but liars — the thieves who come to steal from God's sheep, kill the fat of God's sheep and destroy God's flock using the name of God to perpetrate their lies - John 10 vs 1 - 16 & Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 16. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by lomprico(m): 7:35am On Jan 10, 2023
Siscooh:

Read the Bible

Sex is not a sin!
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by kingreign(m): 7:45am On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop lying! Where did God tell you that is what fasting is about? By the way, where did God inform you that He wants you to engage in starvation-diets as fasting for Him? undecided

If you know nothing about a topic, it’s best you keep quiet rather than exhibit foolishness.

In Matthew 17:20-21, Jesus asserted prescribed prayer and fasting as an antidote for some problems.

So Jesus said to them, “Because of your [e]unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.

Matthew 17:20-21 (NKJV)
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by kingreign(m): 7:47am On Jan 10, 2023
lomprico:

Sex is not a sin!

It depends. Sex with someone who’s not your spouse is a sin, sex when unmarried is a sin, strange sexual practices such as same gender sex, bestiality, rape, etc are sins and are taboos.
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 7:54am On Jan 10, 2023
kingreign:
■If you know nothing about a topic, it’s best you keep quiet rather than exhibit foolishness. In Matthew 17:20-21, Jesus asserted prescribed prayer and fasting as an antidote for some problems.

So Jesus said to them, “Because of your [e]unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.

Matthew 17:20-21 (NKJV)
1. What Jesus Christ said isn't the problem here. Instead, your conclusion regarding what He said is. undecided

Nowhere in that passage did Jesus Christ suggest to you that the kind of fasting you should engage in is the starvation-diet ritual partake in. God said— through the very same prophets that announced the coming of Jesus Christ—, that your fasting is meant to show Honor to Him and the only kind of fasting that can do that is one that is according to His command and Law to you - Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7. undecided
So, are you insinuating that because Jesus Christ mentioned fasting, Jesus Christ must have meant starvation-diet fasting which is against God— since God indicated that He abhors it—, and not the doing-of-good-works fasting that God commands? undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by lomprico(m): 8:03am On Jan 10, 2023
kingreign:

It depends. Sex with someone who’s not your spouse is a sin, sex when unmarried is a sin, strange sexual practices such as same gender sex, bestiality, rape, etc are sins and are taboos.

We still saying same thing, sex is not a sin. The type of sex you choose to practice now depends if its a sin or not, just like you just mentioned some.
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by harmony75: 8:09am On Jan 10, 2023
Pastor God no send you this one o I believe your members are adults can think for themselves.
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Pimine: 8:19am On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
None of what you claim — starvation-diet fasting or sexual abstinence during fasting — is scriptural! You seem to practice idolatry while carrying a flag that says "Jesus" on it. Remember it is impossible to serve two masters in the Kingdom of God. undecided

This robot no dey quote me abeg. I nor follow for people wey dey engage you. I know who you are - voice of Jacob, hand of Esau.
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 8:31am On Jan 10, 2023
Pimine:
This robot no dey quote me abeg. I nor follow for people wey dey engage you. I know who you are - voice of Jacob, hand of Esau.
Stop allowing ordinary men play their con games with your mind and life this year. Open your mind and eyes to learn from God for your own self. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by GreatrAnalyst: 8:41am On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. According to God, your fasting ought to be to honor Him, and not for what you claim is your personal spiritual upliftment, and to seek Him, God says you are to do only that which He commands. These starvation-diet rituals which many call fasting aren't even commanded by God so, who instead commands you to do something else when fasting to please and seek Him - Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7. undecided

2. Pay close attention to what God asks in verse 5 in the passage above. You don't please God when you torture your bodies in any way. undecided

3. It is highly doubtful that a man who cannot stay away from sex even knows God let alone His Law, Jesus Christ. Self-discipline if essential when following God. undecided

Junkie, stop expecting replies from me based on junks you always narrate using Scriptures to pacify your blinded, twisted, self-willed, self-originated intention.
I don't have replies for you.
But mark my handle.
Take your last attention.
Go, teach babies.
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 8:43am On Jan 10, 2023
GreatrAnalyst:

Junkie, stop expecting replies from me based on junks you always narrate using Scriptures to pacify your blinded, twisted, self-willed, self-originated intention.
I don't have replies for you. But mark my handle. Take your last attention. Go, teach babies.
1. According to God, your fasting ought to be to honor Him, and not for what you claim is your personal spiritual upliftment, and to seek Him, God says you are to do only that which He commands. These starvation-diet rituals which many call fasting aren't even commanded by God so, who instead commands you to do something else when fasting to please and seek Him - Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7. 
See, God said He will only answer you if you do what He commands, so why continue to engage in these meaningless rituals that these lying mogs and pastors spew at you? Who do you please by these foolish traditions? Certainly not God!  undecided

2. Pay close attention to what God asks in verse 5 in the passage above. You don't please God when you torture your bodies in any way.  undecided

3. It is highly doubtful that a man who cannot stay away from sex even knows God let alone His Law, Jesus Christ. Self-discipline if essential when following God. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by 2016v2017: 8:54am On Jan 10, 2023
SmartPolician:
One of the biggest threats to marriages in today's Christendom is marrying ladies who obey their pastors more than their husbands.

These pastors should know their limits.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

RCCG Church Abuja Attacked, Looted And Burnt By Suspected Extremists (Photo) / A Christian Group Feeds Muslim Beggars On Sallah Day (Photos) / Man Requests For Past Tithe Donations To Dunamis Church (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.