Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting (32275 Views)

Pastor David Ibiyeomie Gets A Car As 55th Birthday Gift (Photos) / Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) / Omega Power Ministry Shades Pastor Ibiyeomie (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by kingreign(m): 9:56am On Jan 10, 2023
lomprico:

We still saying same thing, sex is not a sin. The type of sex you choose to practice now depends if its a sin or not, just like you just mentioned some.
You did not specify which type of sexual practice is a sin and which isn’t a sin.
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by kingreign(m): 10:07am On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. What Jesus Christ said isn't the problem here. Instead, your conclusion regarding what He said is. undecided

Nowhere in that passage did Jesus Christ suggest to you that the kind of fasting you should engage in is the starvation-diet ritual partake in. God said— through the very same prophets that announced the coming of Jesus Christ—, that your fasting is meant to show Honor to Him and the only kind of fasting that can do that is one that is according to His command and Law to you - Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7. undecided
So, are you insinuating that because Jesus Christ mentioned fasting, Jesus Christ must have meant starvation-diet fasting which is against God— since God indicated that He abhors it—, and not the doing-of-good-works fasting that God commands? undecided

I still insist whether you like it or not.
Fasting involves abstinence from food, drinks, and some may even go as far as absence of other forms of pleasures, while meditating and studying on the scriptures, praying to God and also where need be, showing kindness towards men.

15Then Esther told them to reply to Mordecai: 16“Go, gather all the Jews who are present in [c]Shushan, and fast for me; neither eat nor drink for three days, night or day. My maids and I will fast likewise. And so I will go to the king, which is against the law; and if I perish, I perish!”
Esther 4:15-16 (NKJV)

Then Nathan departed to his house.

The Death of David’s Son

And the Lord struck the child that Uriah’s wife bore to David, and it became ill. 16 David therefore pleaded with God for the child, and David fasted and went in and lay all night on the ground. 17 So the elders of his house arose and went to him, to raise him up from the ground. But he would not, nor did he eat food with them. 18 Then on the seventh day it came to pass that the child died. And the servants of David were afraid to tell him that the child was dead. For they said, “Indeed, while the child was alive, we spoke to him, and he would not heed our voice. How can we tell him that the child is dead? He may do some harm!”

19 When David saw that his servants were whispering, David perceived that the child was dead. Therefore David said to his servants, “Is the child dead?”

And they said, “He is dead.”

20 So David arose from the ground, washed and anointed himself, and changed his clothes; and he went into the house of the Lord and worshiped. Then he went to his own house; and when he requested, they set food before him, and he ate. 21 Then his servants said to him, “What is this that you have done? You fasted and wept for the child while he was alive, but when the child died, you arose and ate food.”

22 And he said, “While the child was alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, ‘Who can tell whether [b]the Lord will be gracious to me, that the child may live?’ 23 But now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.”
2Samuel 12:16-23 (NKJV)
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 10:14am On Jan 10, 2023
kingreign:
■ I still insist whether you like it or not. Fasting involves abstinence from food, drinks, and some may even go as far as absence of other forms of pleasures, while meditating and studying on the scriptures, praying to God and also where need be, showing kindness towards men.

■15Then Esther told them to reply to Mordecai: 16“Go, gather all the Jews who are present in [c]Shushan, and fast for me; neither eat nor drink for three days, night or day. My maids and I will fast likewise. And so I will go to the king, which is against the law; and if I perish, I perish!”
Esther 4:15-16 (NKJV)

■ Then Nathan departed to his house.
The Death of David’s Son
And the Lord struck the child that Uriah’s wife bore to David, and it became ill. 16 David therefore pleaded with God for the child, and David fasted and went in and lay all night on the ground. 17 So the elders of his house arose and went to him, to raise him up from the ground. But he would not, nor did he eat food with them. 18 Then on the seventh day it came to pass that the child died. And the servants of David were afraid to tell him that the child was dead. For they said, “Indeed, while the child was alive, we spoke to him, and he would not heed our voice. How can we tell him that the child is dead? He may do some harm!”
19 When David saw that his servants were whispering, David perceived that the child was dead. Therefore David said to his servants, “Is the child dead?”
And they said, “He is dead.”
20 So David arose from the ground, washed and anointed himself, and changed his clothes; and he went into the house of the Lord and worshiped. Then he went to his own house; and when he requested, they set food before him, and he ate. 21 Then his servants said to him, “What is this that you have done? You fasted and wept for the child while he was alive, but when the child died, you arose and ate food.”
22 And he said, “While the child was alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, ‘Who can tell whether [b]the Lord will be gracious to me, that the child may live?’ 23 But now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.”
2Samuel 12:16-23 (NKJV)
1. So it doesn't matter to you what God in fact says as what matters instead is what religion prescribes for you, and by religion, I mean men? undecided

2. The verse you quoted from Esther does not say God answered Esther because she engaged in starvation-diet fasting ritual, so? undecided

3. Yet again nowhere in the passage is it indicated that God answered David because he engaged in starvation-diet fasting. So, again, what is your reason for providing these references?, undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 10, 2023
Obey the man of god , leave your wives for the pastors this period.

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by thegrinch(m): 10:43am On Jan 10, 2023
Dpharisee:
I wanted to condemn him, then I saw the Bible verse that gave backing to what he said, so I don shut up

That verse does not support what his claim, rather it negates it.

1) Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer That verse makes no mention of FASTING, but Prayer

2) The only condition to deprive your partner is if YOU MUTUALLY AGREE to do so, Not IF YOUR PASTOR MANDATES YOU to do so, even when it is against your partners wish!

When did Pastors become God?

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by thegrinch(m): 10:46am On Jan 10, 2023
Gbeng30:
Well you must be clean to receive from the Holy God ,well the message is clear

Fasting is not what makes you clean... to follow your logic!
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by WhisperedNoise: 11:28am On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
According to God, your fasting is meant to show Honor to Him and the only kind of fasting that can do that is one that is according to that which He commands - Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7. undecided
See, God said He will only answer you if you do what He commands, so why continue to engage in these meaningless rituals that these lying mogs and pastors spew at you? Who do you please by these foolish traditions? Certainly not God! undecided
Okay sir, ma.
Don't fast. Whatever rocks your boat.
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by lomprico(m): 11:50am On Jan 10, 2023
kingreign:

You did not specify which type of sexual practice is a sin and which isn’t a sin.

It does not matter in this context because the man is banning sex entirely for all his members. And some are already miscontrueing the word 'sex' as an evil act.
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by naijapikin2(m): 12:50pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Denial of the foolishness of the claims made by the man is your approach MI to rationalizing this for yourself? undecided
you must be the mad man of the century, your parents must be regretting why they gave birth to a whimsical dimwit like you!

By your antics it's obvious that you're the product of two bottles of alcohol taken badly.

Even if you were to sell your soul to the devil, which you most likely have, it's not worth more than two bananas grin grin grin

I mean two kobo-junks cool

Let's see how long you will last from my barrage... wink

It's game on...

Do yourself a favour, quote me idiotically, I'd like to see more of your stupidity. So I know where to punch your already depleted life. Earthworm grin grin

Am sure your father wishes he could exchange you for N100 recharge card. wink wink

Go on spill more illiteracy... Arindin! cool
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by naijapikin2(m): 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. So it doesn't matter to you what God in fact says as what matters instead is what religion prescribes for you, and by religion, I mean men? undecided

2. The verse you quoted from Esther does not say God answered Esther because she engaged in starvation-diet fasting ritual, so? undecided

3. Yet again nowhere in the passage is it indicated that God answered David because he engaged in starvation-diet fasting. So, again, what is your reason for providing these references?, undecided
Your mother should have aborted you, with sniper rather than allow a demented nit wit like you to trouble nairaland.

You're worth like your name: two kobo of junks cool
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2023
WhisperedNoise:

Okay sir, ma.
Don't fast. Whatever rocks your boat.
So, after all is said and done, it matters not what God has to say as your pastors and mogs instead occupy the place of the Almighty in your life, it seems. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Tochj(m): 1:08pm On Jan 10, 2023
No pastor has any right whatsoever to decide for the couple how to enjoy their marriage.
The scripture he qouted gave the right to the couple
Not the pastor.
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Tochj(m): 1:10pm On Jan 10, 2023
thegrinch:

That verse does not support what his claim, rather it negates it.

1) Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer That verse makes no mention of FASTING, but Prayer

2) The only condition to deprive your partner is if YOU MUTUALLY AGREE to do so, Not IF YOUR PASTOR MANDATES YOU to do so, even when it is against your partners wish!

When did Pastors become God?
exactly
The couple must mutually agree
Pastor can't mandate
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by WhisperedNoise: 2:19pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, after all is said and done, it matters not what God has to say as your pastors and mogs instead occupy the place of the Almighty in your life, it seems. undecided
My life?
Okay sir, ma.

Great day ahead.
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Gbeng30(m): 5:06pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Clean? So, in your head, to be clean means to stay away from sex. WOW...your religion is clearly no different from Babalawo religion, it seems! undecided

And this is the best your dumb corrupt head can come up with..just stay with your babalawo, ode
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On Jan 10, 2023
Gbeng30:
And this is the best your dumb corrupt head can come up with..just stay with your babalawo, ode
I am not the one spewing Babalawo lingo here, you are by claiming that abstaining from sex somehow makes you "clean", lipsrsealed
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Gbeng30(m): 5:09pm On Jan 10, 2023
thegrinch:

Fasting is not what makes you clean... to follow your logic!

Then sex can make you clean , insensitive urchins
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Hollyharjii: 5:20pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Are you insane or something? You have a woman telling you in clear words that she belongs to her pastor and not you, yet you continue to pursue, no be craze be that? undecided

Hmmm, only finding it difficult to let her go, but as it is, man must man up
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On Jan 10, 2023
Hollyharjii:
Hmmm, only finding it difficult to let her go, but as it is, man must man up
This shouldn't be about manning up but allowing commonsense light your path. She already told you that her pastor is coming along with her into the marriage. Are you certain you are willing to carry such a heavy burden? undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Hollyharjii: 5:38pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
This shouldn't be about manning up but allowing commonsense light your path. She already told you that her pastor is coming along with her into the marriage. Are you certain you are willing to carry such a heavy burden? undecided

Thanks for more enlightenment
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Hollyharjii: 5:41pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:

One thing I failed to say is that this so called relationship do not just started today, it's about a decade now and everything has been going on smoothly even though we have our differences, but the subject matter just started few months ago.

But thank you bro, it's not how far but how well
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On Jan 10, 2023
Hollyharjii:
■One thing I failed to say is that this so called relationship do not just started today, it's about a decade now and everything has been going on smoothly even though we have our differences, but the subject matter just started few months ago.
■But thank you bro, it's not how far but how well
1. I completely understand that part. But the point is she is already been telling you to beware of what is to come and you turning a blind eye to that might not end well for you after marriage. So you need to sit her down and force her to choose before you move forward. undecided

2. I am not trying to scare you but trying to get you to see that putting on blinders as far as relationship issues are concerned had never helped. Not those before you and certainly not you. She had made her intentions known to you and it would be foolish of you to pretend it never happened. You two need to come together as a couple and trash the issue out as adults— no need for raised voices or fists. You need to be certain she is all-in even as you are all-in before you proceed. Else, I am afraid, the signs are all around that only those who spend time working through the details will come out smiling on the other side. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Stevengold(m): 6:57pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, in your mental, since Paris Hilton has over 100,000 people following her, her words are of God? undecided

Oga wether you say good or bad, people must always talk, your prayer should be to have people who can also listen to you bro.
Else no dey ur bedroom dey castigate person wey God & Nature don bless.
If you don do half of wetin him don do. Then I give you the go ahead.
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Stevengold(m): 6:59pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Kee ke! I am right here still pointing out that the man is nothing but a scammer using God's name to steal from His sheep, killl the fat off of God's sheep and destroy God's flock...same thing wey Jesus Christ warn against over 2000 years ago. So come next moment,na the same thing I go dey talk still. You can follow me around to confirm that the man, like every others like him out there, remain scammers. undecided

Him don scam you before?
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 7:03pm On Jan 10, 2023
Stevengold:
■Oga wether you say good or bad, people must always talk, your prayer should be to have people who can also listen to you bro.
■Else no dey ur bedroom dey castigate person wey God & Nature don bless.
■If you don do half of wetin him don do. Then I give you the go ahead.
1. Why would I pray for such stupid things? undecided

2. How did you know that I am right now in my bedroom castigating you for spewing trash using God's name? grin

3. I am afraid you are mistaken about something. My role model isn't any of your mogs and your pastors who you clearly worship. Jesus Christ is the one I am looking to become like. As for followers, Jesus Christ is recorded to have had about 120 followers at the time of His death. Today you look around and see that the antiChrist seems to have about 2 billion followers in the religion of Christianity with his many lies sold to the masses using the name of Jesus Christ, but that has in no way hindered the Truth of God from moving forward. grin
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 7:04pm On Jan 10, 2023
Stevengold:
Him don scam you before?
He first has to scam me before I can point out the fact that he lies using the name of God? undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Iamzik: 8:37pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Your idea regarding what fasting should be about differs entirely from God's stipulated idea regarding the same, how come? undecided

2. According to God, your fasting is meant to show honor to Him and the only kind of fasting that can do that is one that is according to that which He commands - Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7. undecided
See, God said He will only answer you if you do what He commands, so why continue to engage in these meaningless rituals that these lying mogs and pastors spew at you? Who do you please by these foolish traditions? Certainly not God! undecided

3. Since you also made up your own ideas where fasting is concerned, I can see now why it seems Christians think believing in God is free for all— everyone seems to be making up their own rules as they go, abi? undecided

Alright sir. I see you don't believe in fasting at all and that is even worse than the OP's position.

So your idea of fasting Is giving alms and helping the needy. For context, the characters in Isaiah 58 were fasting and still continued in their wickedness- Cheating, lying, etc...and that is why God admonished them to turn away from their wickedness in order for their fast to be acceptable.

I believe in fasting because it is biblical. Many characters in the Bible fasted by abstaining from physical food for a period of time. Jesus Christ himself fasted for forty days. Why didn't He just give alms and feed the hungry during that forty days?

Fasting has its place. Alms has its place. Giving alms and doing the work of charity during your fast is the ultimate and that is what Isaiah 58 is talking about. I'm yet to see a verse of scripture where Jesus rebuked anyone for fasting to pour out their hearts to God in prayer.

I believe in fasting and prayers but I don't subscribe to any pastor telling married couple when to have sex.

That is my submission sir
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Jan 10, 2023
Iamzik:
■ Alright sir. I see you don't believe in fasting at all and that is even worse than the OP's position. So your idea of fasting Is giving alms and helping the needy.
■For context, the characters in Isaiah 58 were fasting and still continued in their wickedness- Cheating, lying, etc...and that is why God admonished them to turn away from their wickedness in order for their fast to be acceptable.
I believe in fasting because it is biblical. Many characters in the Bible fasted by abstaining from physical food for a period of time. ■Jesus Christ himself fasted for forty days. Why didn't He just give alms and feed the hungry during that forty days? Fasting has its place. Alms has its place.
Giving alms and doing the work of charity during your fast is the ultimate and that is what Isaiah 58 is talking about.
■I'm yet to see a verse of scripture where Jesus rebuked anyone for fasting to pour out their hearts to God in prayer.
■I believe in fasting and prayers but I don't subscribe to any pastor telling married couple when to have sex. That is my submission sir
1. But, I didn't what is written in Isaiah 58 and Zechariah. Those are God's own words saying He did not wan their starvation-diets, so why do you pretend I said that instead of God? undecided

According to God, your fasting is meant to show Honor to Him and the only kind of fasting that can do that is one that is according to that which He commands - Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7. undecided
5 Do you think I want to see people punish their bodies on those days of fasting? Do you think I want people to look sad and bow their heads like dead plants? Do you think I want people to wear mourning clothes and sit in ashes to show their sadness? That is what you do on your days of fasting. Do you think that is what the Lord wants?
6 “I will tell you the kind of day I want—a day to set people free. I want a day that you take the burdens off others. I want a day when you set troubled people free and you take the burdens from their shoulders.
7 I want you to share your food with the hungry. I want you to find the poor who don’t have homes and bring them into your own homes. When you see people who have no clothes, give them your clothes! Don’t hide from your relatives when they need help.”
8 If you do these things, your light will begin to shine like the light of dawn. Then your wounds will heal. Your “Goodness” will walk in front of you, and the Glory of the Lord will come following behind you.
9 Then you will call to the Lord, and he will answer you. You will cry out to him, and he will say, “Here I am.” Stop causing trouble and putting burdens on people. Stop saying things to hurt people or accusing them of things they didn’t do.
10 Feel sorry for hungry people and give them food. Help those who are troubled and satisfy their needs. Then your light will shine in the darkness. You will be like the bright sunshine at noon.
11 The Lord will always lead you and satisfy your needs in dry lands. He will give strength to your bones. You will be like a garden that has plenty of water, like a spring that never goes dry.
12 Your cities have been destroyed for many years, but you will rebuild them and their foundations will last for a long time. You will be called “Fence Fixer” and “Builder of Roads and Houses.”
13 That will happen when you stop sinning against God’s law about the Sabbath and when you stop doing things to please yourself on that special day. You should call the Sabbath a happy day. You should honor the Lord’s special day by not saying and doing things that you do every other day of the week.
14 Then you could enjoy the Lord. As the Lord himself says, “I could carry you up to the highest mountain and let you enjoy the land that I gave to your father Jacob.” - Isaiah 58 vs 5 - 14
2. And why are you lying concerning what is contained in the context where God clearly said He does not want their starvation-diet fasting which amounts to them meaninglessly torturing their bodies? undecided

3. You say it is BIblical yet here is the Biblical God telling you that your starvation-diet fasts have absolutely nothing to do with Him. Why do your turn a blind eye to what He says to you? undecided

4. Jesus Christ never planned for 40 days. Instead, Jesus Christ, like Moses and Elijah before Him, happened to have been led away by the spirit of God and ended up fasting for a period of 40 days and 40 nights as a result of being away from a food source for that long. Hence it is wrong to pretend Jesus Christ went on a planned fasting exercise as you lot do. Also, God never asked anyone to emulate them in that as that would be meaningless. undecided

5. So, what God asked that you do instead of starving yourselves of food and sex — torturing your bodies— turns out too much for you to do? undecided

6. Jesus Christ never asked anyone to embark on your starvation-diet fasts using His name either. As a matter of fact, Jesus Christ is written to have gone around doing good works but there is no mention of Him intentionally starving Himself of food in order to please God. undecided

7. You clearly don't believe in the kind of fasting that God, in fact, commands meaning you don't obey God's commandments but instead follow that prescribed to you by men. That much we can see clearly here. It is all about Religion and less of God to most of you. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Iamzik: 9:31pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. But, I didn't what is written in Isaiah 58 and Zechariah. Those are God's own words saying He did not wan their starvation-diets, so why do you pretend I said that instead of God? undecided

2. And why are you lying concerning what is contained in the context where God clearly said He does not want their starvation-diet fasting which amounts to them meaninglessly torturing their bodies? undecided

3. You say it is BIblical yet here is the Biblical God telling you that your starvation-diet fasts have absolutely nothing to do with Him. Why do your turn a blind eye to what He says to you? undecided

4. Jesus Christ never planned for 40 days. Instead, Jesus Christ, like Moses and Elijah before Him, happened to have been led away by the spirit of God and ended up fasting for a period of 40 days and 40 nights as a result of being away from a food source for that long. Hence it is wrong to pretend Jesus Christ went on a planned fasting exercise as you lot do. Also, God never asked anyone to emulate them in that as that would be meaningless. undecided

5. So, what God asked that you do instead of starving yourselves of food and sex — torturing your bodies— turns out too much for you to do? undecided

6. Jesus Christ never asked anyone to embark on your starvation-diet fasts using His name either. As a matter of fact, Jesus Christ is written to have gone around doing good works but there is no mention of Him intentionally starving Himself of food in order to please God. undecided

7. You clearly don't believe in the kind of fasting that God, in fact, commands meaning you don't obey God's commandments but instead follow that prescribed to you by men. That much we can see clearly here. It is all about Religion and less of God to most of you. undecided

Fasting works and it is biblical. There are too many instances in the Bible where people fasted and Poured out their problems before God and God hears their cry. It's okay if you don't believe in fasting but please stop trying to paint fasting as diet starvation.

You can't build a doctrine on a single verse of scripture. There are over 11 mentions or fasting in the new testament alone. Paul himself fasted and I can assure you that these instances of fasting are not a synonymous with alms giving.

May God grant us more understand in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 9:41pm On Jan 10, 2023
Iamzik:
■Fasting works and it is biblical.
■There are too many instances in the Bible where people fasted and Poured out their problems before God and God hears their cry. It's okay ■if you don't believe in fasting but please stop trying to paint fasting as diet starvation.
■You can't build a doctrine on a single verse of scripture.
■There are over 11 mentions or fasting in the new testament alone.
■ Paul himself fasted and I can assure you that these instances of fasting are not a synonymous with alms giving. May God grant us more understand in Jesus name. Amen
1. So you are saying that contrary to what God said, your starvation-diets fasts work meaning God is a liar? undecided

2. Show me one instance where God Himself said that because the people had chosen to starve/deprive themselves of food for His sake, he answered them. undecided

3. I simply don't believe that God is a liar is what it is. I believe that when God says He will only answer those who do as He commands, that God means exactly what He said. undecided

4. Build what doctrine? You have, not one, but two of God's Old prophets making it abundantly clear to all that God is not honored by the undecided torturing of your bodies — either through starvation diets and abstaining from sex — yet you think all of that is of doctrine? Are you for real? undecided

5. 11 mentions of the word fasting how many of them in fact tell you that God commands you to engage in starvation-diet fasting and not the doing-of-good-works fasting instead? Show us! undecided

6. Jesus Christ said those who belong to Him are those who do as He commands, and His followers are those who do as He says - John 14 vs 15 - 20 & John 15 vs 14. You, on the other hand, seem to believe that you following Paul instead makes more sense than following God's own Truth. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Stevengold(m): 9:46pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
He first has to scam me before I can point out the fact that he lies using the name of God? undecided

So a lair is a scammer. Let's just say, anytime you tell a lie you're a scammer.
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Jan 10, 2023
Stevengold:
So a lair is a scammer. Let's just say, anytime you tell a lie you're a scammer.
Anyone who lies using the name of God is a scammer. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

RCCG Church Abuja Attacked, Looted And Burnt By Suspected Extremists (Photo) / A Christian Group Feeds Muslim Beggars On Sallah Day (Photos) / Man Requests For Past Tithe Donations To Dunamis Church (video)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90