Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,727 members, 7,831,309 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting (32261 Views)

Pastor David Ibiyeomie Gets A Car As 55th Birthday Gift (Photos) / Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) / Omega Power Ministry Shades Pastor Ibiyeomie (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Gunayo(m): 1:22am On Jan 10, 2023
unclejb2:
Peter Obi is coming to Aso Rock with speed
With speed of light
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by tk4radi: 2:06am On Jan 10, 2023
chokekachy:

https://independent.ng/ibiyeomie-bans-couples-from-having-sex-during-fasting/?utm_source=&utm_medium=%5Btwitter%5D
To his utter dismay, even unmarried ones would be having sex sef..
Even amongst members sef
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 2:26am On Jan 10, 2023
lereinter:
Nig pastors have change many things. When we were young fast was secret that you don't tell anyone even your church or family members you are on a fast.
Fast was so personal Now pastor declare 21, 30, 50 etc days fast to end on the g.o birthday. Everyone in church knows or assume you must be on a fast
Jesus Christ Himself commanded His followers to do their fasting in secret, and His Law is everlasting. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 2:27am On Jan 10, 2023
Stevengold:
If you no get at least 100 persons wey dey follow and listen to you. You no qualify to yarn for this matter.
So, in your mental, since Paris Hilton has over 100,000 people following her, her words are of God? undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 2:28am On Jan 10, 2023
unstopable001:
It is Biblical, if you have problem with it something is wrong with you.
DM for your CV and SOP (statement of purpose) for visa and admission.
There is nothing biblical about any of what this liar said here or anywhere else. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 2:30am On Jan 10, 2023
WhisperedNoise:

It's based on what? Quran?
Actually, it is likely that during their starvation-diet fasts, Muslims also stay away from sex. So, maybe that is where your pastors and mogs get these ideas that he feeds you lot from. https://metro.co.uk/2022/04/03/can-you-have-sex-during-ramadan-16396834/ undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 2:33am On Jan 10, 2023
Iamzik:
This is biblically wrong. You can have sex after breaking your fast in the evening. Mutual consent is between the husband and wife and not to be legislated by a pastor. Why do we like to twist the Bible so much?
Did God ever ask you or anything to go on starvation-diets in His name? God never actually commanded the kind of diets you lot engage in. These ideas are copied from religions such as Islam and others out there. What God instead commands is found in Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7 - and it includes nothing like your starvation-diet rituals. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 2:35am On Jan 10, 2023
Azularis:
Very correct sir. Sex is food so avoid sex when fasting.
Did God ever tell you that He wants you to starve yourself of food or sex for His sake? Did Jesus Christ ever tell you that the kind of fasting He wants from you is your starvation-diet rituals? What God commands is written in Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7 and He says it is only when you fast His Way that He will answer you. So why do you engage in these meaningless diets as if you can convince God to change His mind by your refusal of His decree? undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 2:36am On Jan 10, 2023
HRprof:
A particular gender no go gree for this wink they can not abstain from s€X just for 21day.
Did God ask anyone to abstain from food or sex in His name? undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 2:37am On Jan 10, 2023
Wickedfact:
Very good.
In the evening when you've broken your fast by eating and prayer, your fast ends for that day.

Where does it say you can't have sex?
Here's Paul's actual suggestion as he wrote it. undecided
1. Now I will discuss the things you wrote me about. You asked if it is better for a man not to have any sexual relations at all.
2 But sexual sin is a danger, so each man should enjoy his own wife, and each woman should enjoy her own husband.
3 The husband should give his wife what she deserves as his wife. And the wife should give her husband what he deserves as her husband.
4 The wife does not have power over her own body. Her husband has the power over her body. And the husband does not have power over his own body. His wife has the power over his body.
5 Don’t refuse to give your bodies to each other. But you might both agree to stay away from sex for a while so that you can give your time to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not be able to tempt you in your weakness.
6 I say this only to give you permission to be separated for a time. It is not a rule.
7 I wish everyone could be like me. But God has given each person a different ability. He makes some able to live one way, others to live a different way. - 1 Corinthians 7 vs 1 - 7
Paul made clear that what he expressed were simply his views and not rules for anyone to follow. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 2:38am On Jan 10, 2023
spencekat:
After breaking the fast,a married one can.
Who told you that you cannot have sex during your fasting though? undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 2:41am On Jan 10, 2023
Iamzik:
Bro or sis no where in that scripture did the Bible permit a pastor to command husband and wife when to have sex or not. The mutual consent is between the husband and wife. Did you read the part where it says to abstain for a (agreed) season to avoid temptation? The pastor has no business here at all. If you sincerely believe that a pastor has the power to command his entire congregation to absolutely abstain from sex for 3 weeks then I'm not sure we are reading the same Bible
Most of the gullible folks don't even read the book for their own selves.
1. Now I will discuss the things you wrote me about. You asked if it is better for a man not to have any sexual relations at all.
2 But sexual sin is a danger, so each man should enjoy his own wife, and each woman should enjoy her own husband.
3 The husband should give his wife what she deserves as his wife. And the wife should give her husband what he deserves as her husband.
4 The wife does not have power over her own body. Her husband has the power over her body. And the husband does not have power over his own body. His wife has the power over his body.
5 Don’t refuse to give your bodies to each other. But you might both agree to stay away from sex for a while so that you can give your time to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not be able to tempt you in your weakness.
6 I say this only to give you permission to be separated for a time. It is not a rule.
7 I wish everyone could be like me. But God has given each person a different ability. He makes some able to live one way, others to live a different way. - 1 Corinthians 7 vs 1 - 7
In addition, Paul made it clear in the passage that even what he offered was a mere suggestion and not a rule even. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 2:42am On Jan 10, 2023
spencekat:
How?So through out Ramadan fasting,married people can't have sex with their partners?
Yes, they are taught to abstain from sex in the Muslim religion. So, clearly, what this liar of a Mog is teaching you lot here is taken from ideas from another religion. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Wickedfact: 2:47am On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Here's Paul's actual suggestion as he wrote it. undecided
Paul made clear that what he expressed were simply his views and not rules for anyone to follow. undecided

Pastor Ibieyome who seems himself as greater than Paul the Apostle has now made it a rule.

And some eternally daft idiots are supporting what he said.
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 2:48am On Jan 10, 2023
WhisperedNoise:
What's the purpose of fasting, first of all?
According to God, your fasting is meant to show Honor to Him and the only kind of fasting that can do that is one that is according to that which He commands - Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7. undecided
5 Do you think I want to see people punish their bodies on those days of fasting? Do you think I want people to look sad and bow their heads like dead plants? Do you think I want people to wear mourning clothes and sit in ashes to show their sadness? That is what you do on your days of fasting. Do you think that is what the Lord wants?
6 “I will tell you the kind of day I want—a day to set people free. I want a day that you take the burdens off others. I want a day when you set troubled people free and you take the burdens from their shoulders.
7 I want you to share your food with the hungry. I want you to find the poor who don’t have homes and bring them into your own homes. When you see people who have no clothes, give them your clothes! Don’t hide from your relatives when they need help.”
8 If you do these things, your light will begin to shine like the light of dawn. Then your wounds will heal. Your “Goodness” will walk in front of you, and the Glory of the Lord will come following behind you.
9 Then you will call to the Lord, and he will answer you. You will cry out to him, and he will say, “Here I am.” Stop causing trouble and putting burdens on people. Stop saying things to hurt people or accusing them of things they didn’t do.
10 Feel sorry for hungry people and give them food. Help those who are troubled and satisfy their needs. Then your light will shine in the darkness. You will be like the bright sunshine at noon.
11 The Lord will always lead you and satisfy your needs in dry lands. He will give strength to your bones. You will be like a garden that has plenty of water, like a spring that never goes dry.
12 Your cities have been destroyed for many years, but you will rebuild them and their foundations will last for a long time. You will be called “Fence Fixer” and “Builder of Roads and Houses.”
13 That will happen when you stop sinning against God’s law about the Sabbath and when you stop doing things to please yourself on that special day. You should call the Sabbath a happy day. You should honor the Lord’s special day by not saying and doing things that you do every other day of the week.
14 Then you could enjoy the Lord. As the Lord himself says, “I could carry you up to the highest mountain and let you enjoy the land that I gave to your father Jacob.” - Isaiah 58 vs 5 - 14
See, God said He will only answer you if you do what He commands, so why continue to engage in these meaningless rituals that these lying mogs and pastors spew at you? Who do you please by these foolish traditions? Certainly not God! undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 2:51am On Jan 10, 2023
Wickedfact:
Pastor Ibieyome who is greater than Paul the Apostle has now made it a rule. And some eternally daft idiots are supporting what he said.
We are not even meant to follow Paul's suggestions given that Jesus Christ is the Law in the Kingdom of God. However, men have taken to making gods, and masters over their lives, of ordinary men whereas Jesus Christ instead made it clear that it is impossible to serve two masters in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Beautiful94: 2:54am On Jan 10, 2023
These pastors are sometimes hell bent on destroying homes. One man or woman somwhere will go ahead with this fast without the approval of their spouse.
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by IMASTEX: 3:15am On Jan 10, 2023
SmartPolician:
One of the biggest threats to marriages in today's Christendom is marrying ladies who obey their pastors more than their husbands.

These pastors should know their limits.
Anyone that sees their "pastor" anything more than a brethren in Christ has an issue. Worse if your partner now does anything strictly on what "pastor" says instead of what God says directly to them. Then you should naturally avoid them. Nigeria religious businessmen only want to keep been God admin or assistant Christ. grin grin grin
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 3:25am On Jan 10, 2023
GreatrAnalyst:
■Yeah, it should but at same time, it is going to be a hard rule across board. It is never a law in the Bible, it doesn't threaten faith or integrity. Fasting is for personal spiritual lifting and to seek God, but if we want to be sincere, is it all Christians that actually carry out this fasting? Beside, in as much it is not fasting without breaking with food for 21 days, people still carry out their marital duty after breaking before the next day.

■Abstaining from intimacy during fasting can only be advised and encouraged, but can't be made a rule. All Christians are not at the same level of maturity and growth. It is better to engage in it while fasting than to start lusting outside the marital bond.
■Men who have not trained themselves to stay for weeks without it will struggle.
1. According to God, your fasting ought to be to honor Him, and not for what you claim is your personal spiritual upliftment, and to seek Him, God says you are to do only that which He commands. These starvation-diet rituals which many call fasting aren't even commanded by God so, who instead commands you to do something else when fasting to please and seek Him - Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7. undecided
5 Do you think I want to see people punish their bodies on those days of fasting? Do you think I want people to look sad and bow their heads like dead plants? Do you think I want people to wear mourning clothes and sit in ashes to show their sadness? That is what you do on your days of fasting. Do you think that is what the Lord wants?
6 “I will tell you the kind of day I want—a day to set people free. I want a day that you take the burdens off others. I want a day when you set troubled people free and you take the burdens from their shoulders.
7 I want you to share your food with the hungry. I want you to find the poor who don’t have homes and bring them into your own homes. When you see people who have no clothes, give them your clothes! Don’t hide from your relatives when they need help.”
8 If you do these things, your light will begin to shine like the light of dawn. Then your wounds will heal. Your “Goodness” will walk in front of you, and the Glory of the Lord will come following behind you.
9 Then you will call to the Lord, and he will answer you. You will cry out to him, and he will say, “Here I am.” Stop causing trouble and putting burdens on people. Stop saying things to hurt people or accusing them of things they didn’t do.
10 Feel sorry for hungry people and give them food. Help those who are troubled and satisfy their needs. Then your light will shine in the darkness. You will be like the bright sunshine at noon.
11 The Lord will always lead you and satisfy your needs in dry lands. He will give strength to your bones. You will be like a garden that has plenty of water, like a spring that never goes dry.
12 Your cities have been destroyed for many years, but you will rebuild them and their foundations will last for a long time. You will be called “Fence Fixer” and “Builder of Roads and Houses.”
13 That will happen when you stop sinning against God’s law about the Sabbath and when you stop doing things to please yourself on that special day. You should call the Sabbath a happy day. You should honor the Lord’s special day by not saying and doing things that you do every other day of the week.
14 Then you could enjoy the Lord. As the Lord himself says, “I could carry you up to the highest mountain and let you enjoy the land that I gave to your father Jacob.” - Isaiah 58 vs 5 - 14
See, God said He will only answer you if you do what He commands, so why continue to engage in these meaningless rituals that these lying mogs and pastors spew at you? Who do you please by these foolish traditions? Certainly not God! undecided

2. Pay close attention to what God asks in verse 5 in the passage above. You don't please God when you torture your bodies in any way. undecided

3. It is highly doubtful that a man who cannot stay away from sex even knows God let alone His Law, Jesus Christ. Self-discipline if essential when following God. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by IMASTEX: 3:25am On Jan 10, 2023
Samunique:
Prove it if what he says is against the Bible ?
So he is now God admin or assistant Christ to issue such decree to his fellow brethren in Christ with equally access to God, and also personal relationship with God & their partner. grin grin cheesy
The moment government wakes up to their responsibilities, all these yearly starvation ritual called fasting & religion generally will fade away naturally. And only true Christianity will remain.
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 3:28am On Jan 10, 2023
MrBroke:
Religion was invented to control the people it was invented for
Indeed, Religion is a tool created by men with which to control and wield power over the minds and lives of their fellow men. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 3:33am On Jan 10, 2023
Samunique:
It's in the op, go back and read it.
No, it isn't! What is in the OP is a verse quoted by a man who knows you, and other gullible folks like you, will not in fact read to understand for yourselves but instead assume that because he attempted to quote a verse means he is correct in his claim i.e. the man is a scammer Below is the same verse that your liar of a pastor and mog quoted in an English translation which surely even you can grasp. undecided
Notice how the verse says absolutely nothing of what your pastor and mog claimed? In addition, Paul made it clear in the passage that even what he offered was a mere suggestion and not a rule even. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 3:37am On Jan 10, 2023
Iamzik:
■Fasting helps you concentrate on prayer and fasting is for a season e.g midnight to 12oon, 3pm, 6pm or marathon as the case may be.
■After breaking your fast you can have sex with your wife and that is not a sin by any biblical standard unless if the fasting is marathon 21 days without eating.
■So let me ask you what is the business of a pastor drawing up sex timetable for married members of his church?
1. Your idea regarding what fasting should be about differs entirely from God's stipulated idea regarding the same, how come? undecided

2. According to God, your fasting is meant to show honor to Him and the only kind of fasting that can do that is one that is according to that which He commands - Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7. undecided

3. Since you also made up your own ideas where fasting is concerned, I can see now why it seems Christians think believing in God is free for all— everyone seems to be making up their own rules as they go, abi? undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 3:38am On Jan 10, 2023
naijapikin2:
Op what sort of misleading headline is this. You should say he advised or admonished. Does he have the remote control for their sexual organs? Conflict seeker angry
Denial of the foolishness of the claims made by the man is your approach to rationalizing this for yourself? undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 3:43am On Jan 10, 2023
icedbreez:
He advised, Not Ban. Stop misinforming people
Advice people on how to maneuver a lie for God? A better advice would have been to tell people that their starvation-diet fasts have nothing to do with God. undecided

God made it abundantly clear in both Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7 that when you punish your bodies, either through your starvation-diet fastings or abstinence from sex, you do not please or honor Him in any way. undecided

So, the man adding his "advice" on top of a lie only reveals he is a scammer pretending to be of God in all of this. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 3:44am On Jan 10, 2023
Hollyharjii:
This singular point of yours has really been affecting my long time relationship, she loves me dearly but she keep saying that her pastor said I'm not his future husband.
Meanwhile, I'm planning to do even if it's introduction with her before August of this year but I'm confused as she keep saying that her pastor's decision is final
Are you insane or something? You have a woman telling you in clear words that she belongs to her pastor and not you, yet you continue to pursue, no be craze be that? undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 3:45am On Jan 10, 2023
ohil:
In my opinion is not bad but they should all abstain from eating food and drinking water for the 21days. It should be all inclusive not only sex.
Because serving God is about your opinion, am I right? undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 3:46am On Jan 10, 2023
Iamzik:
You better no get energy. Yall should stop acting like Pharisees. Your pastor is not always absolutely right in everything and this one is clearly wrong.

Married couples can have sex after breaking their fast each day unless if it is a marathon fast and this must be by mutual consent by both husband and wife. QED
God never gave married people rules as to when they can have sex abeg! Make una no dey drag God into all this foolishness abeg! undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 3:47am On Jan 10, 2023
Cdumba:
It's scriptural not to engage in sex during fasting and prayer. Truth always bitter
Stop being silly! That only applies as far as the Islamic religion which you folks like to copy without much reasoning. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 3:48am On Jan 10, 2023
Pimine:
You should have sex when you break if you want to. He is saying that for the period of 21 days you should abstain from sex even when you break your fast with food. I dunno how that sounds but what I know is that if your church teaches what your spirit doesn't agree with, you should leave instead of living in disobedience.
None of what you claim — starvation-diet fasting or sexual abstinence during fasting — is scriptural! You seem to practice idolatry while carrying a flag that says "Jesus" on it. Remember it is impossible to serve two masters in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 3:54am On Jan 10, 2023
linearity:
■This is wrong and appear to see sex from a perverted angle only. Having Sex within marriage is also spiritual, the Bible say the bed in undefiled. If you break your fast, you can do it with your spouse. You can even pray while having sex. It is God himself that crafted, designed and created that thing to be enjoyed, why do we have to go on a ‘guilty trip’ while enjoying it within marriage?
■Some religious Christians go as far as saying, the Art itself is disgusting before God, are you serious? After creation, he said all His creation were beautiful and you are forming religious more than Him?
1. How can your sex in marriage be spiritual if Jesus Christ informed you that your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36, which conforms with what God did in Genesis 3 vs 16 when He cursed marriage and all that pertains to it making it of this world? Why do you need to live your lives according to these delusions/lies that have nothing to do with God? undecided

2. Remove the boulder from your eyes too so you can be able to see to remove the speck in the eyes of others. You literally claimed marriage sex is spiritual when God instead said it is all of this world and not of His Kingdom. lipsrsealed

Even your starvation-diet fasting rituals have nothing to do with God who said you cannot honor Him by torturing your body — either by starving it of food or sex - Isaiah 58 vs 5 - 14. undecided
Re: Ibiyeomie Bans Couples From Having Sex During Fasting by Kobojunkie: 3:56am On Jan 10, 2023
ifko:
1Corinthian is in old testament
You dull no be small...suspending ones reason faculty because of argument is a grave sin against humanity.
Since you have stopped going to Church because of useless 2000 tithe wet u dey give, has your life improved?
Did you happen to in fact read the passage your pastor quoted for yourself? What he did was quote a verse which he knows you, and other gullible folks like you, will not in fact read to understand for yourselves but instead assume that because he attempted to quote a verse means he is correct in his claim i.e. the man is a scammer Below is the same verse that your liar of a pastor and mog quoted in an English translation which surely even you can grasp. undecided
Notice how the verse says absolutely nothing of what your pastor and mog claimed? In addition, Paul made it clear in the passage that even what he offered was a mere suggestion and not a rule even. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Dr. Sign Fireman Is A True Man Of God! / RCCG Church Abuja Attacked, Looted And Burnt By Suspected Extremists (Photo) / Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.