Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,217 members, 7,836,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell (1567 Views)

If You Feel There Is No Heaven, Then, What Do You Think About This? / There Is No Heaven & Hell - Pastor Abosom As He Abandons His Christian Faith / "No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by kingxsamz(m): 4:39am On Jan 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:

It only proves that morals points that there's a God

That makes no sense, really, but okay.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by Kobojunkie: 4:48am On Jan 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:
I also disagree with this assertion of yours. How do morals points to existence of a God when you had earlier made the statements below.
Aemmyjah:
What are you saying sef? Morals are guided by religion, tradition, society and constitution Even atheist will tell you that stealing is morally wrong. We all have a sense of morals
If morals can be guided by human laws and opinions, how then can your earlier statement be of truth? undecided

1 Like

Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by Aemmyjah(m): 6:18am On Jan 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I also disagree with this assertion of yours. How do morals points to existence of a God when you had earlier made the statements below. If morals can be guided by human laws and opinions, how then can your earlier statement be of truth? undecided
Constitution
Religion
Tradition all have laws
What is he source
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by Kobojunkie: 6:28am On Jan 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:
Constitution
Religion
Tradition all have laws
What is he source
▪︎What, for instance, is the source of the Nigerian Constitution? The opinions of the Nigerianblaw makers and politicians, right?

▪︎What is the source of our many traditions in Nigeria? Pretty the opinions of the traditional leaders.

So, how God take enter any of the above? undecided

1 Like

Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by LordReed(m): 8:25am On Jan 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
▪︎What, for instance, is the source of the Nigerian Constitution? The opinions of the Nigerianblaw makers and politicians, right?

▪︎What is the source of our many traditions in Nigeria? Pretty the opinions of the traditional leaders.

Help me ask o!
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by Aemmyjah(m): 8:56am On Jan 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:

That's when thinking ability comes in
Go and do research and to when human society formed constitution
Before we had constitution like what we had today, it was traditional laws that guided the human society and some were superstitious though. These laws were often linked to have come from religious roots like stealing and murder and incest, etc. And where there's religion, beliefs in God comes in
Secularism and modernism today has set aside traditionalism but the sense or principle behind some of the laws stems from ancient religious or traditional laws
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:03am On Jan 12, 2023
Your friend LordReed has run katikati to me again quoting me after both of us has agreed not to quote each other.

If you maintain your ground atheists don't know that they're the ones attacking people but they keep saying people are disturbing them! smiley

Aemmyjah:

Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by LordReed(m): 9:05am On Jan 12, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Your friend LordReed has run katikati to me again quoting me after both of us has agreed not to quote each other.

If you maintain your ground atheists don't know that they're the ones attacking people but they keep saying people are disturbing them! smiley

LoLz! Where did I agree to not quote you again?

But since that is what you want I will oblige you.
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by Kobojunkie: 9:09am On Jan 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:
■That's when thinking ability comes in Go and do research and to when human society formed constitution
Before we had constitution like what we had today, it was traditional laws that guided the human society and some were superstitious though.

■These laws were often linked to have come from religious roots like stealing and murder and incest, etc. And where there's religion, beliefs in God comes in
Secularism and modernism today has set aside traditionalism but the sense or principle behind some of the laws stems from ancient religious or traditional laws
1. What are you talking about? Traditional laws were and in many places still are considered a Constitution at the local level. undecided

2. Have you ever tried stealing candy from a 2-year-old before? You know that scream that typically follows , well, that is not the child saying, " I believe in God", but instead a child expressing serious disapproval and hurt. Such a child may not be able to even fathom the number 1, but at least understands he does not like it when someone takes what belongs to him. undecided

Humans have an idea of what is acceptable and what is not, and we define laws/rules for ourselves and our communities based on this. Now, our laws are such that they change over time... what may be acceptable this century may not be in the next 100 years and that that is how we also measure societal progress. undecided

Now, given this, where does God come in? undecided

1 Like

Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:10am On Jan 12, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz! Where did I agree to not quote you again?
But since that is what you want I will oblige you.

I said you quoted me first and you angrily cut the discussion then i said you can't do without quoting me on this forum but you called it a dream and i predicted that in few hours or days you will make the dream a reality.

Ọmọ here you are.
Just don't make any promises again regarding the matter because i can now say it confidently that you LordReed can't do without me on this forum! wink

Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by Aemmyjah(m): 9:52am On Jan 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. What are you talking about? Traditional laws were and in many places still are considered a Constitution at the local level. undecided

2. Have you ever tried stealing candy from a 2-year-old before? You know that scream that typically follows , well, that is not the child saying, " I believe in God", but instead a child expressing serious disapproval and hurt. Such a child may not be able to even fathom the number 1, but at least understands he does not like it when someone takes what belongs to him. undecided

Humans have an idea of what is acceptable and what is not, and we define laws/rules for ourselves and our communities based on this. Now, our laws are such that they change over time... what may be acceptable this century may not be in the next 100 years and that that is how we also measure societal progress. undecided

Now, given this, where does God come in? undecided

1. They still form a constitution that guides man's behavior right?

2. The child will react cos it is against his sense of justice to take what belongs to him. Taking what does not belong to you is called what?

3. Lol. What laws? Do you mean to say that in hundred years time, people will be free to rape, steal, kill each other, commit incest
You're deliberately ignoring that we have a sense of justice or right or wrong

Who gave us this sense?
It came by itself or was designed in us by an Designer with such sense? Making us to reflect his image/ personality
That is where God comes in whether you acknowledge him or not
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by Dtruthspeaker: 1:57pm On Jan 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:

2. The child will react cos it is against his sense of justice to take what belongs to him. Taking what does not belong to you is called what?

3. Lol. What laws? Do you mean to say that in hundred years time, people will be free to rape, steal, kill each other, commit incest
You're deliberately ignoring that we have a sense of justice or right or wrong

Who gave us this sense?
It came by itself or was designed in us by an Designer with such sense? Making us to reflect his image/ personality
That is where God comes in whether you acknowledge him or not

Imagine! a vulcanizer trying to claim knowledge of Law and Constitution. Anyway, it is expected that devilish vulcanizers would claim lawyer.
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by Dtruthspeaker: 2:05pm On Jan 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:

LordReed:

Help me ask o!

Because you had nothing valid to say after this you then resorted to asking a simple trader the history of Nigerian constitution and traditions when he is not a lawyer?

Chai! Na una type go ask primary 5 student "what is the origin of simultaneous equation?"
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by Aemmyjah(m): 2:31pm On Jan 12, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Imagine! a vulcanizer trying to claim knowledge of Law and Constitution. Anyway, it is expected that devilish vulcanizers would claim lawyer.

We all have to acknowledge that our sense of right and wrong must have come from Someone
She's asking how God comes in
Funny girl
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by Kobojunkie: 3:08pm On Jan 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:

3. Lol. What laws? Do you mean to say that in hundred years time, people will be free to rape, steal, kill each other, commit incest.

4. You're deliberately ignoring that we have a sense of justice or right or wrong. Who gave us this sense?
It came by itself or was designed in us by an Designer with such sense? Making us to reflect his image/ personality. That is where God comes in whether you acknowledge him or not
1. OK. undecided

2. Stealing, but the question is what does God come into that child's sense for that which is unacceptable aka law? undecided

3. We are humans and change is, after all a constant. What may have been acceptable today may not be acceptable 50 years from now, and what may not have been imagined two hundred years ago, could be 200 years from now. undecided

4. We each have a sense of right and wrong, much like 2-year-old also does. That same 2-year-old may not mind taking candy from another baby. In fact, he may even go as far as to beat up another child so he can have at that child's candy. That, his sense of right and wrong. Are you asking us to believe that child's sense of right and wrong, is God? How is that God? undecided

5. It is when we now come together as a community, a state, to decide what laws for the collective good that we consider laws that benefit the majority, or ultimately all. So, i ask again, where does God come into any of this?. undecided
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by Kobojunkie: 3:14pm On Jan 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:
1. We all have to acknowledge that our sense of right and wrong must have come from Someone
Funny girl
1. Here's another example for you to consider. God created us all equal in His Kingdom-- there are no male or female, tall or short, black or white, etc.. Yet here, we.see that your sense of right and wrong seems to point in a direction that leads you to assuming it matters my gender in this here conversation. So, I ask you, what has God who clearly judges all ---both males and females ---by the very same standard to do with your sense of right and wrong? undecided
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by Aemmyjah(m): 3:20pm On Jan 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. OK. undecided

2. Stealing, but the question is what does God come into that child's sense for that which is unacceptable aka law? undecided

3. We are humans and change is, after all a constant. What may have been acceptable today may not be acceptable 50 years from now, and what may not have been imagined two hundred years ago, could be 200 years from now. undecided

4. We each have a sense of right and wrong, much like 2-year-old also does. That same 2-year-old may not mind taking candy from another baby. In fact, he may even go as far as to beat up another child so he can have at that child's candy. That, his sense of right and wrong. Are you asking us to believe that child's sense of right and wrong, is God? How is that God? undecided

5. It is when we now come together as a community, a state, to decide what laws for the collective good that we consider laws that benefit the majority, or ultimately all. So, i ask again, where does God come into any of this?. undecided

2. What are you saying? Whether we acknowledge it or not. God is responsible for morality... Your questions is like two men in a restaurant. One starts to eat and the other prays by thanking God for the meal. The other man asks him how God comes in when it was a woman that cooked it and besides, he paid for it. It was not God that gave him money... Deep question is that, God made food grow for our sustenance

3. Mention the laws that may change tomorrow especially that has to do with morals towards ourselves and fellow humans. Keep assuming

4. His sense of right and wrong has not been developed na. What are you even saying you this young woman
Lemme illustrate by asking you a question
You want to buy a dog and go to a dog market and you meet four dogs
The first dog is one that, if he spots a stranger, will only raise his head and look and lower his head again
The second dog, if he spots a stranger will bark but if the stranger raises a hand as if to beat the dog. It will stop barking and lower it's head
The third dog, it is always barking non stop, even if the stranger is your friend and you tell it to stop, it will keep barking. That dog does not allow even your relatives to come in and nobody sleep at night
The fourth dog, is able to know your friemds and stranger. If he sees a stranger, it will keep barking until you come out to act by either asking the stranger questions or you ask the dog to be silent that the stranger is a friend

Which of these dogs will you buy? Likely the fourth dog. Was he born dat way? No. It was trained... Our conscience (seat of right or wrong) is like that dog but it needs training to function PROPERLY. The best guide is the Bible. How will a two year old have such conscience, use your brain. If you shout on that two year old, he will know that what he's done

5. When did man started to have laws in the first place?
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by Aemmyjah(m): 3:26pm On Jan 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Here's another example for you to consider. God created us all equal in His Kingdom-- there are no male or female, tall or short, black or white, etc.. Yet here, we.see that your sense of right and wrong seems to point in a direction that leads you to assuming it matters my gender in this here conversation. So, I ask you, what has God who clearly judges all ---both males and females ---by the very same standard to do with your sense of right and wrong? undecided

In God's eyes, there are only two categories of humans- man and woman
Go and understand the meaning of sense of right and wrong
We are all imperfect and our sense of right and wrong is not perfect either. It almost like a broken mirror so we need to allow God's thought to mold our thinking
Someone may hate going to steal but he might not see anything wrong in using a pen to 'steal' for his own selfish gain... A child may never pickpocket but he may not have problems in picking money from the ground
There are many things you need to understand my dear sister
It is step by step

What exactly is your question again?
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by Aemmyjah(m): 3:29pm On Jan 12, 2023
LordReed:

Help me ask o!

Seems like it's time we break out restrictions right?
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by Aemmyjah(m): 3:35pm On Jan 12, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Because you had nothing valid to say after this you then resorted to asking a simple trader the history of Nigerian constitution and traditions when he is not a lawyer?

Chai! Na una type go ask primary 5 student "what is the origin of simultaneous equation?"

You mind them
They don't just want to accept anything that has to do with God

Ancient constitution was traditional beliefs or customs and there are often from religious laws cos it deals with how we relate with God and fellow man
That is why there used to be taboos and abomination which the judgement was to expel the wrongdoer or kill him
How did man get that sense? From apes or by chance or we were MADE that way?

God made man in his own image and likeness
That is why we reflect God's quality of love, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, mercy. Wisdom, power in a kind way. Etc

She's asking me how God comes in
Yeye Lordreed follow de ask and they will say atheists are the most intelligent cos they think deeply
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by mistermoney: 3:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
The devil has again deceived you. you had better return to Christ before it is too late.

Joel 2:13
And rend your heart and not your garments.”
Now return to the Lord your God,
For He is gracious and compassionate,
Slow to anger, abounding in lovingkindness
And relenting of evil.
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by Dtruthspeaker: 4:21pm On Jan 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:

We all have to acknowledge that our sense of right and wrong must have come from Someone
Funny girl

Do you not see that he is a male? Can you not yet tell the difference between a male and female when you read their posts?
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by Kobojunkie: 4:32pm On Jan 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:
■What are you saying? Whether we acknowledge it or not. God is responsible for morality... Your questions is like two men in a restaurant. One starts to eat and the other prays by thanking God for the meal. The other man asks him how God comes in when it was a woman that cooked it and besides, he paid for it. It was not God that gave him money... Deep question is that, God made food grow for our sustenance
■Mention the laws that may change tomorrow especially that has to do with morals towards ourselves and fellow humans. Keep assuming
His sense of right and wrong has not been developed na. What are you even saying you this young woman. ....No. It was trained... Our conscience (seat of right or wrong) is like that dog but it needs training to function PROPERLY. The best guide is the Bible. How will a two year old have such conscience, use your brain. If you shout on that two year old, he will know that what he's done
■When did man started to have laws in the first place?
1. Back to the 2-year-old whose sense of morality seems to indicate that it is not ok for someone else to steal from him, but it is ok when he steals from another child, you insist here God is the reason for the child's moral compass being set the way it is? Or are you instead saying that because God is responsible for designing and implementing the brain and abilities to think means God is responsible for morality whichever way it points? undecided

2. To this day, in some parts of the world, it is morally acceptable to rape women as punishment for what is perceived as immoral behavior. Maybe 100 years from now, the same cultures might sanction the stoning of said women to death. Look at what happened in Afghanistan in a matter of a decade. Is that all God too? undecided

3. So, are you now suggesting that training is required for one's moral compass to be considered of God? The 2-year-old's mind is not developed hence his sense of right and wrong is not of God? Or what exactly are you now pushing at? undecided

4. You tell me because I don't see what relevance that has to this here discussion. undecided
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On Jan 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:
■In God's eyes, there are only two categories of humans- man and woman. Go and understand the meaning of sense of right and wrong. We are all imperfect and our sense of right and wrong is not perfect either. It almost like a broken mirror. so we need to allow God's thought to mold our thinking
■Someone may hate going to steal but he might not see anything wrong in using a pen to 'steal' for his own selfish gain... A child may never pickpocket but he may not have problems in picking money from the ground. There are many things you need to understand my dear sister
It is step by step. What exactly is your question again?
1. Interesting! Why do I get the feeling that you are projecting your particular sense of right and wrong on to God in this? So even though God's own Law — a law that is above man's moral compass — points away from judging by appearance, you insist instead that God judges by appearance? undecided

2. You claim morality is a pointer to the existence of God yet you now insist that we are imperfect and our compass does not necessarily point to God from the beginning. So exactly when does morality become of God then, are you claim? undecided
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by LordReed(m): 7:53pm On Jan 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Seems like it's time we break out restrictions right?

You've never upheld it so don't play innocent.
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by LordReed(m): 7:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:

You mind them
They don't just want to accept anything that has to do with God

Ancient constitution was traditional beliefs or customs and there are often from religious laws cos it deals with how we relate with God and fellow man
That is why there used to be taboos and abomination which the judgement was to expel the wrongdoer or kill him
How did man get that sense? From apes or by chance or we were MADE that way?

God made man in his own image and likeness
That is why we reflect God's quality of love, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, mercy. Wisdom, power in a kind way. Etc

She's asking me how God comes in
Yeye Lordreed follow de ask and they will say atheists are the most intelligent cos they think deeply

LoLz. Kobojunkie is a god believer so to say it's just because we don't accept what has to do with god shows you are unreasoning. You have no answer to the question because clearly none of these things have anything to do with your god but you guys are in denial. Reality doesn't care about your beliefs.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by Aemmyjah(m): 8:19pm On Jan 12, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. Kobojunkie is a god believer so to say it's just because we don't accept what has to do with god shows you are unreasoning. You have no answer to the question because clearly none of these things have anything to do with your god but you guys are in denial. Reality does care about your beliefs.

Exercising authority over reeds
Go and teach reeds
Are you a god believer?
Abeg shift
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by Aemmyjah(m): 8:21pm On Jan 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Interesting! Why do I get the feeling that you are projecting your particular sense of right and wrong on to God in this? So even though God's own Law — a law that is above man's moral compass — points away from judging by appearance, you insist instead that God judges by appearance? undecided

2. You claim morality is a pointer to the existence of God yet you now insist that we are imperfect and our compass does not necessarily point to God from the beginning. So exactly when does morality become of God then, are you claim? undecided

1. There are physical laws that guide universe and natural laws
Who's the brain behind moral laws that guide mankind?

2. Sense of morals is unique In man alone cos they were MADE that way? Who made it
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by Aemmyjah(m): 8:25pm On Jan 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Back to the 2-year-old whose sense of morality seems to indicate that it is not ok for someone else to steal from him, but it is ok when he steals from another child, you insist here God is the reason for the child's moral compass being set the way it is? Or are you instead saying that because God is responsible for designing and implementing the brain and abilities to think means God is responsible for morality whichever way it points? undecided

2. To this day, in some parts of the world, it is morally acceptable to rape women as punishment for what is perceived as immoral behavior. Maybe 100 years from now, the same cultures might sanction the stoning of said women to death. Look at what happened in Afghanistan in a matter of a decade. Is that all God too? undecided

3. So, are you now suggesting that training is required for one's moral compass to be considered of God? The 2-year-old's mind is not developed hence his sense of right and wrong is not of God? Or what exactly are you now pushing at? undecided

4. You tell me because I don't see what relevance that has to this here discussion. undecided
1. You're not making sense. Is a child's mind fully mature as to morals. Abeg shift

2. Mention where it is MORALLY acceptable to RAPE women in this world. Can I escort you there?

3. Should a child not be later taught about what is right and what is wrong? Will he grow up to learn this by himself or it will just come by chance?

4. Cos you're seeing it with closed mind
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by LordReed(m): 8:26pm On Jan 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Exercising authority over reeds
Go and teach reeds
Are you a god believer?
Abeg shift

LoLz. Is that the question on ground? Getting salty for nothing. Bwahahahahaha!
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Jan 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:
■ There are physical laws that guide universe and natural laws. Who's the brain behind moral laws that guide mankind?

2. Sense of morals is unique In man alone cos they were MADE that way? Who made it
1. Let's stop deviating and focus on the issue here. Recall your claim that morality is proof of God's existence, yes? undecided

2. Wait... what? Is this an attempt to turn this into another one of your many "because it does a, b, and c, means someone made it" arguments? undecided
Re: There Is No Heaven And There Is No Hell by Kobojunkie: 9:02pm On Jan 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:
■You're not making sense. Is a child's mind fully mature as to morals. Abeg shift
■ Mention where it is MORALLY acceptable to RAPE women in this world. Can I escort you there?
■ Should a child not be later taught about what is right and what is wrong? Will he grow up to learn this by himself or it will just come by chance?
■ Cos you're seeing it with closed mind
1. Even though said child is able to judge right and wrong he is not mature in morals. How does one become mature in morals then? undecided

2. Interesting! So, we first need to head over to India before you can answer for us how God and morals are connected, a claim you made yourself. undecided

3. If the child were born to a Taliban father, for instance, how does this father teaching this child his idea of morals prove God's existence? I am still trying to get you to explain how human morals prove God's existence. undecided

4. Closeminded? I keep asking you the same question over and over. How does morality prove God's existence? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Making Up Your Cv / THE WINDOW OF HEAVEN! / Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.