Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! (43903 Views)

Is N150,000 Monthly A Good Salary ? / 774,000 Jobs: Beneficiaries Salary Is N60,000 Monthly - Festus Keyamo / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by psucc(m): 6:50am On Jan 18, 2023
sacajawea:

20 years. 60k salary??!
A government job for that matter?? How manage?
And you have a University degree??
A fresh grad is employed at SGL 08 and the salary is ₦60+.
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Drsnives(m): 8:21am On Jan 18, 2023
[quote author=Rubyjade post=120137799][/quote]
Ops sorry no vex

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by johnlaw123(m): 10:20am On Jan 18, 2023
IyaTola:
quote]https://chat(.) whatsapp(.) com/BOPypmJskeB5oHO59DrnYC

Please the whatsapp link is not opening.

This is my whatsapp line 08 166 8896 36

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by sacajawea: 2:03pm On Jan 18, 2023
psucc:
A fresh grad is employed at SGL 08 and the salary is ₦60+.
What are you saying?? You are contradicting yourself!
You that has been working for over 20yrs, how are you earning the same as a fresh graduate?
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Karlifate: 7:54pm On Jan 18, 2023
Judolisco:
Yes... It depends on where you're staying in Niger.... It took me like 8 to 9hrs to to get to Abuja from my place.... Niger is very big

Yeah, true.
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by IyaTola: 11:15pm On Jan 18, 2023
johnlaw123:

Please the whatsapp link is not opening.

This is my whatsapp line 08 166 8896 36
it's opening remove the brackets and viola! You are in
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Rubyjade: 5:35pm On Jan 19, 2023
Drsnives:

Ops sorry no vex
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by FaithBrain1994(m): 9:18pm On Jan 20, 2023
lilachiever:

This story looks entirely like mine.

I left the job after 15 months and resumed in LASU. Currently serving and my PPA looks like a full time job already.

Just strive to grow, nature pays diligence. Efforts will definitely pay off.
Absolutely
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by UnfairLife7(m): 6:10am On Jan 21, 2023
iammolise:
And this is exactly why most manufacturing companies prefer to recruit OND levers than BSc, the rationale is that.
1. OND graduates can be employed for less there by cutting company cost.
2. They can be easily controlled and compliance percentage is 80
3. All staff will be trained once employed wether OND or BSc, it just boils down to individual self intelligence and field experience is not the same as what you were thought in school.
I know how many BSc grads I've trained on field Operation in my line of work.
Please can you help me with a job sir?

I had 2 years experience in quality control in a manufacturing industry. I had a degree in Geography and planning (2.1)

Thank you sir.
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by iammolise(m): 1:41pm On Jan 22, 2023
UnfairLife7:
Please can you help me with a job sir?

I had 2 years experience in quality control in a manufacturing industry. I had a degree in Geography and planning (2.1)

Thank you sir.
There's no vacancy for now.
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by JPMorgan2: 9:57am On Feb 18, 2023
I'm in Enugu

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by joyousever(f): 10:30am On Feb 18, 2023
Such a sensible and inspiring piece!

IyaTola:
I cannot take up that job, N150,000 monthly salary is too small!

Last year, a fresh graduate rejected the job I got him

I asked him to take the job for 6 months so that he can gather experience for his next job, but he didn't listen

He is still at home trusting God

I have had to advise a lot of graduates and professionals regarding whether to take up a role where the salary is small.

Some think the salary is belittling and not up to their worth.

I have also seen a lot of people on social media advising graduates not to settle for less which I disagree.

Your decision depends on whether you have a job at hand or not.

I believe it's better to accept a job with low salary than sitting at home to do nothing.

Once the salary can cater for your feeding and transport, you are fine.

No experience is a waste and no matter how bad a job is, you will learn something even if it is tolerance and perseverance.

You have an experience to point to.

You can't ask for a lion share (Salary) with a fish brain (no experience)

At the earliest days of my career,

I was living in Mowe -Ibafo axis, Arepo to be precise, working at Yaba and the salary was small,

I do wake up as early as 4:30am to enjoy cheap transport to Ojota

And BRT to Yaba were cheaper compared to 14 seater Bus.

Then, I do take standing in the BRT bus because it is cheaper than taking a seat

Infact standing was my hobby ��

I will get to the office 6am and wait till 8am when other staff will resume.

The pay was small, I worked as late as 8pm but the experience was BIG and worth it.

Later, I joined another company with double salary.

The rest is history today,

If you are in doubt of taking a job because of the pay, accept the offer,

Give your best, learn as much as you can, don't get carried away and keep your eye on your goal.

Remember, if you are too big to do small things, you will be too small to do big things

Do you agree?
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by sissyevy(m): 8:55pm On Feb 18, 2023
Jalo60:
I learned some much from this thread, Great minds everywhere sharing their different experiance. Kudos to you all.
Your brother is a recent graduate precise a Geologist, Any sort of connection, I would be very grateful. Thanks.

I graduated from UNN in Geology, 2019
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by IyaTola: 9:24pm On Feb 18, 2023
JPMorgan2:
I'm in Enugu
Okay
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by IyaTola: 7:33am On Mar 15
free2ryhme:

When I read through your statement I knew you were lying heavily.

Both standing and sitting you pay the same amount for ticket to enter.

BRT never charges different fair for sitting and standing.

undecided
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by IyaTola: 8:05am On Apr 09
wink
CodeTemplar:
He could have accepted it and just see it as a intern role to learn. It is better to ignore it in his CV if he feels it will downgrade him in the eyes of future prospective employers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

N-Power Beneficiaries In Peaceful Protest In Abuja: "Please Don't Send Us Back" / Total Oil And Gas, Young Graduate Program 2016. / Please I Got This Mail And Text 10mins Ago and another mail 2mins ago...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.