Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! (44068 Views)

Is N150,000 Monthly A Good Salary ? / 774,000 Jobs: Beneficiaries Salary Is N60,000 Monthly - Festus Keyamo / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Benphics: 7:51pm On Jan 15, 2023
What an unwise decision. As a graduate, my first job was a cleaner at a hotel with a pay of #30k monthly, before it later increased to #32k... I now work for a bank at entry level, and I don't even collect up to #150k per month yet. Life na jeje...

6 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by AmuDimpka: 7:56pm On Jan 15, 2023
IyaTola:
shocked Nigeria is messed up. I have a friend Bsc Accounting, MSc Finance bros dey work for club cry
nigeria isn't messed up...its our graduate

They graduate thinking of salary jobs akd not to create jobs

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by TheRealestGuy(m): 8:02pm On Jan 15, 2023
Golan007:

Abroad, like UK, of you get those qualifications dem go dey beg you sef.

Lmao cheesy

Is that what you've been told?

Dey play o.

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by karkinase(m): 8:03pm On Jan 15, 2023
Judolisco:
how much is enough for a fresh graduate with no experience?

It depends on your exposure to money. A very broke fresh graduate can take up any job even if it’s 50K. But minimum fresh graduate salary should be 250K.

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Golan007: 8:16pm On Jan 15, 2023
TheRealestGuy:

Lmao cheesy

Is that what you've been told?

Dey play o.

You didn't read the guy I quoted?

grin
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Judolisco(m): 8:26pm On Jan 15, 2023
karkinase:

It depends on your exposure to money. A very broke fresh graduate can take up any job even if it’s 50K. But minimum fresh graduate salary should be 250K.
Toor... We r in Nigeria... Hw many organisations are willing to pay dat much?

3 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by AlwaysPositive: 8:28pm On Jan 15, 2023
IyaTola:
I cannot take up that job, N150,000 monthly salary is too small!

Last year, a fresh graduate rejected the job I got him

I asked him to take the job for 6 months so that he can gather experience for his next job, but he didn't listen

He is still at home trusting God

I have had to advise a lot of graduates and professionals regarding whether to take up a role where the salary is small.

Some think the salary is belittling and not up to their worth.

I have also seen a lot of people on social media advising graduates not to settle for less which I disagree.

Your decision depends on whether you have a job at hand or not.

I believe it's better to accept a job with low salary than sitting at home to do nothing.

Once the salary can cater for your feeding and transport, you are fine.

No experience is a waste and no matter how bad a job is, you will learn something even if it is tolerance and perseverance.

You have an experience to point to.

You can't ask for a lion share (Salary) with a fish brain (no experience)

At the earliest days of my career,

I was living in Mowe -Ibafo axis, Arepo to be precise, working at Yaba and the salary was small,

I do wake up as early as 4:30am to enjoy cheap transport to Ojota

And BRT to Yaba were cheaper compared to 14 seater Bus.

Then, I do take standing in the BRT bus because it is cheaper than taking a seat

Infact standing was my hobby ��

I will get to the office 6am and wait till 8am when other staff will resume.

The pay was small, I worked as late as 8pm but the experience was BIG and worth it.

Later, I joined another company with double salary.

The rest is history today,

If you are in doubt of taking a job because of the pay, accept the offer,

Give your best, learn as much as you can, don't get carried away and keep your eye on your goal.

Remember, if you are too big to do small things, you will be too small to do big things

Do you agree?

Yes I agree.

I rather stay at home and learn DEFI, than take up a job of 200k=$300 that will stress my life. Especially when it isnt the job I have a passion for.
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Fearyourcreator: 8:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
IyaTola:
shocked Nigeria is messed up. I have a friend Bsc Accounting, MSc Finance bros dey work for club cry
He won't tell you opportunity he use to shakara

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by oluwaseyi0: 8:36pm On Jan 15, 2023
free2ryhme:

When I read through your statement I knew you were lying heavily.

Both standing and sitting you pay the same amount for ticket to enter.

BRT never charges different fair for sitting and standing.

Maybe she meant the red buses, some people call them BRT just like the official BRT
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by JPMorgan2: 8:37pm On Jan 15, 2023
Please I need the job.

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Drsnives(m): 8:50pm On Jan 15, 2023
IyaTola:
Am an agricultural engineering student from nnamdi azikiwe university currently working as a security man

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by AmuDimpka: 8:59pm On Jan 15, 2023
karkinase:

how many companies have you established that pay fresh graduate 250k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Lisaint(m): 9:15pm On Jan 15, 2023
karkinase:

In this our Nigeria Chief

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Lisaint(m): 9:16pm On Jan 15, 2023
AmuDimpka:
how many companies have you established that pay fresh graduate 250k

The comment shock me sef

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by gbengaoyeladun(m): 9:22pm On Jan 15, 2023
I learnt alot tonight from this trend.....we move
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Teymanhenry(f): 9:27pm On Jan 15, 2023
God won't answer his prayer. God gave him a job but his greed told him to wait for the more lucrative one. He could end in regrets though
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by AmuDimpka: 9:28pm On Jan 15, 2023
Lisaint:

The comment shock me sef
no mind all these small boys
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Rubyjade: 9:32pm On Jan 15, 2023
shocked
karkinase:

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Rubyjade: 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
Drsnives:

Am an agricultural engineering student from nnamdi azikiwe university currently working as a security man
God, what did I just read cry, are you joking or what?
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Rubyjade: 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

He won't tell you opportunity he use to shakara
Another angle
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by LINTUNE(m): 9:36pm On Jan 15, 2023
MumEmdy:
150k and someone said it's too small? some people are just "born with a golden spoon in their mouth". When some of us are looking for Jobs that will keep us preoccupied and busy.

May 2023 be nice to all of us seeking for jobs

IyaTola God will reward you for creating job awareness and opportunities for many on this forum.
you've said it all dear, this life no balance, imagine someone that graduated from convenant uni going for a job of 150k lol.... there's class to everything, the rich never think less of themselves one bit..
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by beardedboy(m): 9:40pm On Jan 15, 2023
Truvelisback:
Sapa never hold u be that. If better sapa hold u, even if the only available job na to wash plate, u go do am to survive. grin The truth is that, the guy has someone fending for him that's why.
God forbid poverty.
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by chris51(f): 9:44pm On Jan 15, 2023
IyaTola:
I cannot take up that job, N150,000 monthly salary is too small!

Last year, a fresh graduate rejected the job I got him

I asked him to take the job for 6 months so that he can gather experience for his next job, but he didn't listen

He is still at home trusting God

I have had to advise a lot of graduates and professionals regarding whether to take up a role where the salary is small.

Some think the salary is belittling and not up to their worth.

I have also seen a lot of people on social media advising graduates not to settle for less which I disagree.

Your decision depends on whether you have a job at hand or not.

I believe it's better to accept a job with low salary than sitting at home to do nothing.

Once the salary can cater for your feeding and transport, you are fine.

No experience is a waste and no matter how bad a job is, you will learn something even if it is tolerance and perseverance.

You have an experience to point to.

You can't ask for a lion share (Salary) with a fish brain (no experience)

At the earliest days of my career,

I was living in Mowe -Ibafo axis, Arepo to be precise, working at Yaba and the salary was small,

I do wake up as early as 4:30am to enjoy cheap transport to Ojota

And BRT to Yaba were cheaper compared to 14 seater Bus.

Then, I do take standing in the BRT bus because it is cheaper than taking a seat

Infact standing was my hobby ��

I will get to the office 6am and wait till 8am when other staff will resume.

The pay was small, I worked as late as 8pm but the experience was BIG and worth it.

Later, I joined another company with double salary.

The rest is history today,

If you are in doubt of taking a job because of the pay, accept the offer,

Give your best, learn as much as you can, don't get carried away and keep your eye on your goal.

Remember, if you are too big to do small things, you will be too small to do big things

Do you agree?

Absolutely
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by LINTUNE(m): 9:59pm On Jan 15, 2023
newsmag:
This never happened just a writeup; how can a graduate in this current economy reject a job of N150k
lol, na Sapa de do us, no reason am...there are children of big men whose feeding allowance alone is 300k, total allowance could be almost a million....u.cant expect someone that schooled in UK or maybe convenant uni, to be excited over 150k job.....see eh, let's just work on amassing wealth if not for ourselves, for our children's sake.

4 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by funkemary(f): 10:01pm On Jan 15, 2023
How can a sane person reject a job of 150k? Omoh this life enh...
God please � favour me

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Busybrain2233: 10:07pm On Jan 15, 2023

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Nobodysboo(m): 10:40pm On Jan 15, 2023
Give me the job pls
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by freddie009(m): 10:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
bonnyhope:

As a young engineering graduate, all your hope will be on Oil and gas work, I had the same feeling then, but I didn't allow it to get into my head, I took teaching job at a start and later got the engineering job.

It was 1 or 0.
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Rubyjade: 10:45pm On Jan 15, 2023
JPMorgan2:
Please I need the job.

What's your location?

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Rubyjade: 10:46pm On Jan 15, 2023
Busybrain2233:
With the way Nigeria is now, i can do a house help job just to survive. Nothing dey, both home and abroad. Meanwhile my qualification is HND in STATISTICS at a very strong UPPER DIVISION.
shocked Are you for real?
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 10:47pm On Jan 15, 2023
Me I need a job now self

Am currently in benin

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Rubyjade: 10:47pm On Jan 15, 2023
funkemary:
How can a sane person reject a job of 150k? Omoh this life enh...
God please � favour me
My Sister the thing tire me
Egg is 100 naira
Shaws is 500 for a piece
Titus aka sumbia is 1200 for a kilo depending on your location

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Seeking Job As A Driver Crashes The Company's Car During His Job Interview / Borno School Needs 5000 Teachers / Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.