Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! (44081 Views)

Is N150,000 Monthly A Good Salary ? / 774,000 Jobs: Beneficiaries Salary Is N60,000 Monthly - Festus Keyamo / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by LUAN1: 12:01pm On Jan 12, 2023
freddie009:

I had the same thought, I was like it had to be an engineering job or nothing. My friends were angry at me, when they give me a job link I would ask if is an engineering job. I didn't go for the concluding stage of UBA interview because I wanted to complete my master probably it will give me a better chance of landing a job in the oil and gas sector, 11 years after graduation. Las las nah teaching I end up.
same mentality am having, am always looking for engineering work. This is my 5yrs at home

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by lavylilly: 10:49pm On Jan 12, 2023
shocked
LUAN1:
same mentality am having, am always looking for engineering work. This is my 5yrs at home
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by freddie009(m): 12:43am On Jan 15, 2023
LUAN1:

Start somewhere, as I speak I currently earn more than some graduate trainees in an indigenous engineering company, not a multinational oooo lol. Get a skill bro.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Sisib15: 12:53am On Jan 15, 2023
I love reading your posts. It motivates me to do better. I studied English Education. I have two years experience in sales, and business operations. Currently doing my NYSC. I will be through in March. Please i need a job
IyaTola:
I cannot take up that job, N150,000 monthly salary is too small!

Last year, a fresh graduate rejected the job I got him

I asked him to take the job for 6 months so that he can gather experience for his next job, but he didn't listen

He is still at home trusting God

I have had to advise a lot of graduates and professionals regarding whether to take up a role where the salary is small.

Some think the salary is belittling and not up to their worth.

I have also seen a lot of people on social media advising graduates not to settle for less which I disagree.

Your decision depends on whether you have a job at hand or not.

I believe it's better to accept a job with low salary than sitting at home to do nothing.

Once the salary can cater for your feeding and transport, you are fine.

No experience is a waste and no matter how bad a job is, you will learn something even if it is tolerance and perseverance.

You have an experience to point to.

You can't ask for a lion share (Salary) with a fish brain (no experience)

At the earliest days of my career,

I was living in Mowe -Ibafo axis, Arepo to be precise, working at Yaba and the salary was small,

I do wake up as early as 4:30am to enjoy cheap transport to Ojota

And BRT to Yaba were cheaper compared to 14 seater Bus.

Then, I do take standing in the BRT bus because it is cheaper than taking a seat

Infact standing was my hobby ��

I will get to the office 6am and wait till 8am when other staff will resume.

The pay was small, I worked as late as 8pm but the experience was BIG and worth it.

Later, I joined another company with double salary.

The rest is history today,

If you are in doubt of taking a job because of the pay, accept the offer,

Give your best, learn as much as you can, don't get carried away and keep your eye on your goal.

Remember, if you are too big to do small things, you will be too small to do big things

Do you agree?
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by IyaTola: 1:11am On Jan 15, 2023
Sisib15:
I love reading your posts. It motivates me to do better. I studied English Education. I have two years experience in sales, and business operations. Currently doing my NYSC. I will be through in March. Please i need a job
VACANCY

A foremost Linguistics Services Company in Lagos State is currently recruiting for the role of an Experienced IELTS Instructor for a month contract.

Key roles and responsibilities

Plan and deliver a variety of IELTS lectures and tutorials which focus on the four key skills: listening, speaking, reading & writing
Teach classes focused on both IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training tests
Understand all areas of the course syllabus provided and self updating on the latest exam trends.
Conduct and grade IELTS practice tests.
Marking and monitoring student’s work
Conduct regular progress reviews and provide individual feedback to students throughout the course.

Requirements

At least 2 years teaching experience as an English Teacher.
Prior IELTS teaching experience is highly desirable.
 Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
Exceptional understanding of English language grammatical analysis.
Some knowledge of the IELTS test is strongly desired.
Proficiency in using basic computer programs and quick to adapt to new IT systems.
Able to work effectively as part of a team and cross-functionally in order to ensure course growth and success.
Professional in attitude and appearance, dynamic with a passion for teaching and a commitment to real English education.
Open minded towards new challenges, flexible, a positive attitude, and the desire to help change futures.
Ability to communicate effectively with students of all age groups and social background

Job Type: Remote
Contract: One month
Budget: 50-70k

Mode of Application

Interested Candidates should send their resumes to: geraldine@emperesslinguisticsservices.com
On or before Tuesday 20th January 2023 with the Job role as the Subject of the mail.
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by IyaTola: 1:13am On Jan 15, 2023
Sisib15 wink send your cv to HR at premier hub dot com dot ng

Can you work in a club in Surulere?
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Sisib15: 1:17am On Jan 15, 2023
Thank you. I will send it
IyaTola:
Sisib15 wink send your cv to HR at premier hub dot com dot ng

Can you work in a club in Surulere?

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by LUAN1: 11:07am On Jan 15, 2023
freddie009:

Start somewhere, as I speak I currently earn more than some graduate trainees in an indigenous engineering company, not a multinational oooo lol. Get a skill bro.
thanks bro. If your company need the service of a mechanical engineer you connect me, I have HVAC skill, quality control skill on road construction, ie insititute density test, deflection test.

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by freddie009(m): 12:25pm On Jan 15, 2023
LUAN1:
thanks bro. If your company the service of a mechanical engineer you connect me, I have HVAC skill, quality control skill on road construction, ie insititute density test, deflection test.

I am a mechanical engineer as well, I teach in a school.

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Joseph1505(m): 3:31pm On Jan 15, 2023
It's too small because someone who does an online business currently earns $1500 monthly in Nigeria, it takes creativity to reach that extent.
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by captaininiobong(m): 3:44pm On Jan 15, 2023
150, 000 isn't too small, especially if you are a fresh graduate you can use that and gather some experience you never had.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by captaininiobong(m): 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2023
QuinModah:
An IT firm offering cloud computing and cyber security services and products is excited to welcome a SUPER SMART SALESPERSON with IT background into the team.

Net Salary - 150k
Benefits - Incentives in USD

To apply, send your CV to iconconsultingteam@gmail.com

Subject: IT SALES

CV should speak to your capabilities and results, and not to job functions in your previous roles.

*Application closes in Wednesday, 18th of January 2023.*

Which location is this pls

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Bigredmachine: 4:19pm On Jan 15, 2023
i need the job pls
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:19pm On Jan 15, 2023
.........Infact standing was my hobby
grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Realestatevixen: 4:19pm On Jan 15, 2023
IyaTola:
I cannot take up that job, N150,000 monthly salary is too small!

Last year, a fresh graduate rejected the job I got him

I asked him to take the job for 6 months so that he can gather experience for his next job, but he didn't listen

He is still at home trusting God

I have had to advise a lot of graduates and professionals regarding whether to take up a role where the salary is small.

Some think the salary is belittling and not up to their worth.

I have also seen a lot of people on social media advising graduates not to settle for less which I disagree.

Your decision depends on whether you have a job at hand or not.

I believe it's better to accept a job with low salary than sitting at home to do nothing.

Once the salary can cater for your feeding and transport, you are fine.

No experience is a waste and no matter how bad a job is, you will learn something even if it is tolerance and perseverance.

You have an experience to point to.

You can't ask for a lion share (Salary) with a fish brain (no experience)

At the earliest days of my career,

I was living in Mowe -Ibafo axis, Arepo to be precise, working at Yaba and the salary was small,

I do wake up as early as 4:30am to enjoy cheap transport to Ojota

And BRT to Yaba were cheaper compared to 14 seater Bus.

Then, I do take standing in the BRT bus because it is cheaper than taking a seat

Infact standing was my hobby ��

I will get to the office 6am and wait till 8am when other staff will resume.

The pay was small, I worked as late as 8pm but the experience was BIG and worth it.

Later, I joined another company with double salary.

The rest is history today,

If you are in doubt of taking a job because of the pay, accept the offer,

Give your best, learn as much as you can, don't get carried away and keep your eye on your goal.

Remember, if you are too big to do small things, you will be too small to do big things

Do you agree?

Plagiarism!!!

Always give credit to the source or writer.

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by ElijahIme1992(m): 4:21pm On Jan 15, 2023
IyaTola:
shocked Nigeria is messed up. I have a friend Bsc Accounting, MSc Finance bros dey work for club cry
club is an organization dat also need accountants na ..

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by dankorode(m): 4:21pm On Jan 15, 2023
Aguilar:
Oloribu omo, aye omo eh oni da o. How send me link abeg. I need work
haa!why the curse?
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Autobot05: 4:22pm On Jan 15, 2023
Village people at work .. leave him alone

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Adakintroy: 4:22pm On Jan 15, 2023
You a rookie. Whatever you think you know will be chewed up and spat out in the real world. You chasing experience mostly however fast you can grab them. Money should least concern you.

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by captaininiobong(m): 4:23pm On Jan 15, 2023
dazzlingd:
Iyatola, not everybody will suffer in this life.
When I first finished school, I refused to apply to some kind jobs. Abeg
The only time u should overlook salary is when the job has a very good career development and will stand out on your CV.
But working for one Nigeria company that will suck your blood and time in the name of experience that nobody even knows the name of the company does not worth it.
For example, I’d advise a fresh graduate to take a job in kpmg or any of the big four even if the pay maybe low for a start.

What is kpmg
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Akosxxx(m): 4:25pm On Jan 15, 2023
I Smell Liiiiies!
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Golan007: 4:25pm On Jan 15, 2023
IyaTola:
shocked Nigeria is messed up. I have a friend Bsc Accounting, MSc Finance bros dey work for club cry

Abroad, like UK, of you get those qualifications dem go dey beg you sef.
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Gbeng30(m): 4:26pm On Jan 15, 2023
I'm sure his village people are following him
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by godswilld10(m): 4:26pm On Jan 15, 2023
As at 2017 a graduate of public administration was offered 45k I had to take the job bcoz I needed money for some kind things,now the pay is 148k hoping that b4 the year ends my salary will be 250k............na time he dey take..with that little money I got married and currently building my house project...

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Funkybabee(f): 4:28pm On Jan 15, 2023
It's gradual things, don't be affectionate with people you find there in other not to move to the next place, set target, pray and work towards it. The lord shall continue to be our director and will surely direct us to the next part

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by BloomingDale(f): 4:28pm On Jan 15, 2023
IyaTola:

Then, I do take standing in the BRT bus because it is cheaper than taking a seat.

Make una dey pity other people na. Laugh wan kee me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by psucc(m): 4:29pm On Jan 15, 2023
Me where don work for 20years and still the collect ₦63k per month.
.He is not serious. Na hunger go reset him brain

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by blowjohn(m): 4:30pm On Jan 15, 2023
IyaTola:

Hmm. Doing financial accounting for the club?
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by blowjohn(m): 4:31pm On Jan 15, 2023
Well, there are sone jobs that can be belittling sha.

Or not worth the stress.

Even doctor work compared to the salary in naija is not worth d stress.
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Cutehector(m): 4:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
1st job : 25k as a receptionist

2nd job: 25k As a Supervisor

3rd job: 38k as a call centre Agent.

4th job: 108k as a Digital Geek

5th job: 204k as a Trainee

6th job: e choke. .

Look.. You cannot ever fail to start from humble beginnings. Do not listen to lazy people out there, work out your own destiny.

Wealth is built over time, little drops make an ocean, little by little, God increases your portfolio. So start from somewhere.

Life is perhead.

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Seeking Job As A Driver Crashes The Company's Car During His Job Interview / Borno School Needs 5000 Teachers / Theois Bank Job Invitation - ASO Savings and Loans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.