Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,251 members, 7,815,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! (44082 Views)

Is N150,000 Monthly A Good Salary ? / 774,000 Jobs: Beneficiaries Salary Is N60,000 Monthly - Festus Keyamo / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by free2ryhme: 8:41pm On Jan 16, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

Maybe she meant the red buses, some people call them BRT just like the official BRT

Nobody calls red buses BRT.

Red bus is called lagbus.

BRT is the Blue ones
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by freddie009(m): 11:23pm On Jan 16, 2023
NickD:

Lol I know the feeling. Had same mentality...oil and gas or nothing but it didn't stop me from applying to other fields. Was teaching from 2011 to 2020 while running all my PG programs..as soon as I concluded my Ph.D landed my first oil and gas job in 2020, after a year I landed my 2nd role in the industry.

People shouldn't limit themselves, start with whatever you have while hoping for a better tomorrow. Opportunity meets preparedness.

I'm done with my master's, no zeal for PhD in Nigeria. I rather find a scholarship abroad.

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Judolisco(m): 1:34am On Jan 17, 2023
Karlifate:

But Niger State is beside Abuja

OR

Is it Niger Republic shocked
Yes... It depends on where you're staying in Niger.... It took me like 8 to 9hrs to to get to Abuja from my place.... Niger is very big
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by QuinModah(f): 1:48am On Jan 17, 2023
captaininiobong:

Which location is this pls
Lagos
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by QuinModah(f): 1:51am On Jan 17, 2023
IyaTola:
shocked Nigeria is messed up. I have a friend Bsc Accounting, MSc Finance bros dey work for club cry
OH please! We are certificate driven in Nigeria. My cousin hold an Msc his a barber in Ilorin.
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by NickD(m): 5:19am On Jan 17, 2023
freddie009:

I'm done with my master's, no zeal for PhD in Nigeria. I rather find a scholarship abroad.
Not a bad one, there are centers in Universities here in Nigeria you could run it for 2yrs..but doesn't come cheap. Looking at scholarships abroad, you could try schools in the US they have a lot of funding. Findaphd.com is another good site you could check out.
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by cayorday89(m): 10:46am On Jan 17, 2023
ntipro:

Trash. Absolute trash. I know Nigerian bosses that treat their employees well. It's a thing of choice. We are just so inclined to negativity in Nigeria. Fact is, most Nigerian Bosses are taking advantage of the high rate of unemployment to frustrate their workers.
Boss it's not trash like you assumed, when you said miserable and from the context of your experience as a teacher, I can understand your opinion.
For me, I looked at it from a diverse perspective, been miserable can be low pay as you experienced as a teacher, which I did for two years and made up my mind never to work as a teacher except I own the school.

Another is, good pay but not paid on time, for some it is not having this human feeling towards employees and treating them as thrash, some will be not having enough time for oneself except for the job coupled with many other inconveniences.

Now as a business owner who will start from scratch, you will experience some of these things and you will deny yourself one, two or even three of the issues above.
Once again, my submission is not saying it's the norm with everyone out there or the reality of all new business owners but to prepare your mind for the good, the bad and the ugly when going into business.

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by FaithBrain1994(m): 2:45pm On Jan 17, 2023
lilachiever:
My first job in 2016 paid me 12K per month.
Same 2016 i was paid 10k. I resigned and got back to school. I finished my nysc october last year and got a job in november ending which i resumed in december 1st. As for the salary, insha Allah the story is entirely different. There is a chance for career growth and i am loving it. Note, i haven't had any previous experience in the role. Howbeit, i have wonderful colleagues who are ever ready to make me comfortable. My point is, most times you have to manage what is available and trust God for a better tomorrow,
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by sacajawea: 3:14pm On Jan 17, 2023
post=120058721:

grin cheesy cheesy
TF is you saying??
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by sacajawea: 3:16pm On Jan 17, 2023
psucc:
Me where don work for 20years and still the collect ₦63k per month.
Na lie...
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by sacajawea: 3:19pm On Jan 17, 2023
sisisioge:
Fresh graduate last year rejected 150k as salary? He must be soft in the head. Mid-point salary for fresh Graduates in 2022 was 80k. Na real wa o.
Aaaah ile aiye oooh
Kabiyesi! ��
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by sacajawea: 3:20pm On Jan 17, 2023
Oyerinde16:
Asking the son of a director of account in a fed ministry to come take job of #150,000 is insulting... On a norm they handle more than #1,000,000 running errands in the house live large drive best cars etc... Is this the person you want to wake up 5am to be saying yes sir up and down... But offer that money to one ajekpako... He will forever be grateful...
I was Just about to say something along this Line!
Rich Nigerians are in another world! And they don't care
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by sacajawea: 3:42pm On Jan 17, 2023
Drsnives:

Am an agricultural engineering student from nnamdi azikiwe university currently working as a security man
I don't believe it
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Drsnives(m): 3:54pm On Jan 17, 2023
sacajawea:

I don't believe it
Why would i lie?
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by lilachiever(m): 4:36pm On Jan 17, 2023
FaithBrain1994:
Same 2016 i was paid 10k. I resigned and got back to school. I finished my nysc october last year and got a job in november ending which i resumed in december 1st. As for the salary, insha Allah the story is entirely different. There is a chance for career growth and i am loving it. Note, i haven't had any previous experience in the role. Howbeit, i have wonderful colleagues who are ever ready to make me comfortable. My point is, most times you have to manage what is available and trust God for a better tomorrow,

This story looks entirely like mine.

I left the job after 15 months and resumed in LASU. Currently serving and my PPA looks like a full time job already.

Just strive to grow, nature pays diligence. Efforts will definitely pay off.
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by psucc(m): 5:04pm On Jan 17, 2023
We all can't be liars. Even Lai Mohammed has gone underground.

Sir, I work with Akwa Ibom State Government on SGL 08
sacajawea:

Na lie...

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Hamachi(f): 5:51pm On Jan 17, 2023
We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: School Accountant

Employment Type: Full-time

Duties

Prepare and remit monthly PAYE Tax, Withholding Tax, Value Added Tax for Federal and State agencies and ensure proper maintenance of accounting records and documentation in compliance with statutory requirements and Company policies.
Compute and file tax returns to relevant tax authorities including related reports to ensure compliance with tax laws and regulations
Prepare reports, budgets, commentaries and financial statements
Maintain the accounts payable and receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate payment records.
Handle the settlement of salaries and wages through the accounts structure and develop periodic payroll reports.
Requirements

HND or Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Accounting, or a Finance related discipline
3 - 6 years’ work experience in a similar role
Experience with accounting tools.
Available to resume immediately.
Must reside in Ajah or close environs.
Application Closing Date
Not Specified.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV to: resume@hrleverageafrica.com with the Job Title as the subject of the mail.

Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Drsnives:

My brother I graduated since 2018, finished serving 2020
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Rinoxy: 7:59pm On Jan 17, 2023
psucc:

Most state governments' salary structure is just somehow. It's well.
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by sacajawea: 8:30pm On Jan 17, 2023
psucc:

20 years. 60k salary??!
A government job for that matter?? How manage?
And you have a University degree??
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Drsnives(m): 8:56pm On Jan 17, 2023
Hamachi:
We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: School Accountant

Employment Type: Full-time

Duties

Prepare and remit monthly PAYE Tax, Withholding Tax, Value Added Tax for Federal and State agencies and ensure proper maintenance of accounting records and documentation in compliance with statutory requirements and Company policies.
Compute and file tax returns to relevant tax authorities including related reports to ensure compliance with tax laws and regulations
Prepare reports, budgets, commentaries and financial statements
Maintain the accounts payable and receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate payment records.
Handle the settlement of salaries and wages through the accounts structure and develop periodic payroll reports.
Requirements

HND or Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Accounting, or a Finance related discipline
3 - 6 years’ work experience in a similar role
Experience with accounting tools.
Available to resume immediately.
Must reside in Ajah or close environs.
Application Closing Date
Not Specified.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV to: resume@hrleverageafrica.com with the Job Title as the subject of the mail.

Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Thanks.. I studied engineering
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Trinity101(m): 11:56pm On Jan 17, 2023
IyaTola:
I cannot take up that job, N150,000 monthly salary is too small!

Last year, a fresh graduate rejected the job I got him

I asked him to take the job for 6 months so that he can gather experience for his next job, but he didn't listen

He is still at home trusting God

I have had to advise a lot of graduates and professionals regarding whether to take up a role where the salary is small.

Some think the salary is belittling and not up to their worth.

I have also seen a lot of people on social media advising graduates not to settle for less which I disagree.

Your decision depends on whether you have a job at hand or not.

I believe it's better to accept a job with low salary than sitting at home to do nothing.

Once the salary can cater for your feeding and transport, you are fine.

No experience is a waste and no matter how bad a job is, you will learn something even if it is tolerance and perseverance.

You have an experience to point to.

You can't ask for a lion share (Salary) with a fish brain (no experience)

At the earliest days of my career,

I was living in Mowe -Ibafo axis, Arepo to be precise, working at Yaba and the salary was small,

I do wake up as early as 4:30am to enjoy cheap transport to Ojota

And BRT to Yaba were cheaper compared to 14 seater Bus.

Then, I do take standing in the BRT bus because it is cheaper than taking a seat

Infact standing was my hobby ��

I will get to the office 6am and wait till 8am when other staff will resume.

The pay was small, I worked as late as 8pm but the experience was BIG and worth it.

Later, I joined another company with double salary.

The rest is history today,

If you are in doubt of taking a job because of the pay, accept the offer,

Give your best, learn as much as you can, don't get carried away and keep your eye on your goal.

Remember, if you are too big to do small things, you will be too small to do big things

Do you agree?

People don't know what they've until they lose it, look at me begging God for even a job of 70 - 90k to at least start up somewhere and gather the necessary experience and be going out on a daily basis, that someone got a huge offer of 150k and forming boss, please sir, if the opportunity is still there or will come up anytime soon, I beg you in the name of God, help me, I'm so interested. Thanks and God bless you.

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by IyaTola: 12:01am On Jan 18, 2023
Trinity101:

People don't know what they've until they lose it, look at me begging God for even a job of 70 - 90k to at least start up somewhere and gather the necessary experience and be going out on a daily basis, that someone got a huge offer of 150k and forming boss, please sir, if the opportunity is still there or will come up anytime soon, I beg you in the name of God, help me, I'm so interested. Thanks and God bless you.
Would you like to join a job group?
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by IyaTola: 12:06am On Jan 18, 2023
QuinModah:
OH please! We are certificate driven in Nigeria. My cousin hold an Msc his a barber in Ilorin.
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by IyaTola: 12:09am On Jan 18, 2023
Anchortargetk:
Wicked Advise...And U think it is easy to take a Job in Kpmg ...mtchewww
No mind all these NL itk
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by IyaTola: 12:10am On Jan 18, 2023
Drsnives:

Am an agricultural engineering student from nnamdi azikiwe university currently working as a security man
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Trinity101(m): 12:18am On Jan 18, 2023
IyaTola:
Would you like to join a job group?

Yes, with all pleasure.
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by IyaTola: 12:22am On Jan 18, 2023
Lamanii22:
please I need a job, help my life…
What can you do?
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by IyaTola: 12:27am On Jan 18, 2023
Trinity101:

Yes, with all pleasure.
https://chat(.) whatsapp(.) com/BOPypmJskeB5oHO59DrnYC
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by IyaTola: 12:28am On Jan 18, 2023
ossaiii:
Op pleaseeeeeeeee help me with this job abeg. I have been at home for 4years now no job and I am a family man with a wife and two kids. It hasn't been easy all these while. I wish you could help me out for i won't mind accepting the said job. Thanks.

quote]https://chat(.)whatsapp(.) com/BOPypmJskeB5oHO59DrnYC
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by IyaTola: 12:29am On Jan 18, 2023
quote]https://chat(.) whatsapp(.) com/BOPypmJskeB5oHO59DrnYC
johnlaw123:

I will round up my youth service next month, I will be glad if you can assist me with job, I don't mind the pay.
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by IyaTola: 12:30am On Jan 18, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Can you help me with the job
Yes, join this group quote]https://chat(.) whatsapp(.) com/BOPypmJskeB5oHO59DrnYC
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Rubyjade: 2:33am On Jan 18, 2023
Drsnives:

My brother Sister I graduated since 2018, finished serving 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Seeking Job As A Driver Crashes The Company's Car During His Job Interview / Borno School Needs 5000 Teachers / Theois Bank Job Invitation - ASO Savings and Loans

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.