Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu (13969 Views)

Twitter Challenge : Name One Estate Owned By A Yoruba In The South East / Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help / Why Was Twitter Active In Endsars And Not Ghana’s #fixthecountry? PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by BENEAMATA: 2:09am On Jan 14, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Eyaah,o ma she o ! This is what we see when ninnies like you attempt to dabble into a subject matter that's some ways beyond your elementary pedigree ! Oponu like you,why won't some insecure people from godforsaken land call Lagos "a no man's land" or "war camp" when poorly brought up idiots like you don't even know anything about the history of the tribe you claim to belong to ?!! So,if Baba Lamidi,Alaafin of yesterday had some issues with Baba Ooni of yesterday,Baba Sijuade,how does that change the fact that Ile Ife is the source of Yoruba race ? The first Alaafin of Oyo left which place to become Alaafin of Oyo ? Was Oranmiyan not a Prince of Ile Ife again ?
How am I even sure that you're a Yoruba self 'cause you don't think and reason like one ! You are either from the land of those crazy "Lagos is a no man's land" imbecilic cannibals or those idiots that claimed Lagos was a "war camp" !

Monkey,I asked you earlier;where was Olofin Ogunfunminire,the progenitor of Awori people hailed from ? Dindinrin like you,have you ever heard the panegyrics of Awori people before ? Isn't it even clearly stated in IFA corpus the origin of Awori people ? Lol,how are the Awori a sub group of Ijebu ? Is Awori dialect not being spoken in Ile Ife till tomorrow ? Is their Compound not there ? Ti Eru ba pe n'ile,itan kitan ni yio ma so ! That aptly applies to idiotic fools like you lots who came from gods know where !

you have said too much . Next time when all these misinformed lots want to challenge your history /ancestry , just demand to know who is talking first , onile abi alejo because , as you said , when a slave has dwelled long in the house . . . . . How do i waste my time with someone who has not heard about the Idejos , the majorly offsprings of Awori original lagos island settlers who shared lagos lands among themselves beyond lagos island ,but vagabonds be claiming lagos belongs to Benin because wise ones then made an Oduduwa grandchild a king to strenghten their footing in their new found land among their fellow yoruba tribe who will now see they ( Lagos ) have a king that his ancestry can be traced to the offspring of oduwa ( oranmiyan ). An alliance . A practice that is common place the world over before king david's time .
How do i tell these ones that oduduwa met kaaro-ojiires in ile ife before they made him king according to Ifa prophesy that preceded him .

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by BENEAMATA: 2:43am On Jan 14, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:
Omo Oduduwa ni wa,we know our history just like the back of our hands ! One funny,tiny tribe claimed that Lagos was a war camp and we asked them ; which war was that ? Did you conquer the Yoruba of Ondo state,starting from Ore and passing through the numerous villages, towns and cities of Ogun state,in any war for you to have set up that your imaginary war camp in Lagos ? Was there any Yoruba speaking village,town or city along that route that was once under the authority of a non Yoruba government in the history ? Of course, none !

Olofin Ogunfunminire,an Awori man from Ile Ife in present day Osun state,is the progenitor of all Aworis who are the indigenous owners of Lagos. Awori quarters, where Olofin Ogunfunminire hailed from,is still in Ile Ife till tomorrow. As a matter of fact,Yoruba people all over the world - from Nigeria to Benin republic, Ghana,Togo,Sierra Leone,Gambia,etc trace their origin to the ancient town of Ile Ife. We all have our individual quarters (family compound) where our forefather hailed from in Ile Ife.

Lagos was NEVER any war camp,don't let any insecure people deceive you. Yes,there exists a connection between the royal stool in Isale Eko,Lagos and the royal stool in Benin city,Edo state. It is this same connection that the highly revered Olu of Warri recently explained when he openly proclaimed his Yoruba ancestry. The fact is that the royal stool in Benin city is of Yoruba ancestry right from the time of the first Oba of Benin,Prince Oranmiyan from Ile Ife. Bini people are not Yoruba,no;they are not but it is well documented in history that a Yoruba Prince from Ile Ife once ruled over them and established a dynasty (Eweka ruling dynasty) that still rules over the ancient city till today ! So,the connection between Oba of Lagos and Benin city is strictly royal and they are both of Yoruba ancestry;no doubt about it. Lagos was never any war camp because there was no war actually anywhere in that axis. Those who think they can rewrite our history for us are only fooling themselves.

Ile Ife is the cradle of our civilisation; the source of Yoruba race. Oyo was both the political and military headquarters while Lagos was (and still) the centre of commerce and our gateway to the outside world through the Sea. We have always been a civilized and well organised people. The military organisation and power of the ancient Oyo was unrivalled according to the colonial rulers. They recorded it in their archives as the finest in the whole of sub Saharan Africa. Yoruba fought war more than any other ethnic tribes in Africa and they were never conquered. A trip to Imesi Ile and Igbajo,both in Osun state,will convince any doubting Thomas !

What I have given you here is nothing but facts. I have blue blood flowing in my veins both from my paternal and maternal sides. My father is a prince from Osogbo ( Aina Serebu dynasty) while my mother is a Princess from Isale Eko ( Eshugbayi Eleko dynasty). So,I know my history; Omo Oduduwa ni wa,and we are all from ILE IFE in OSUN STATE.
First of all ,i pay obeisance to the prince . Well said prince , but i'd wish to add that we are all omo kaaro ojiire as Oduduwa the progenitor of yoruba kings met our ancestors in ile ife .And starting from the fourth lagos monarch , ologun kutere ,we can fully debunk all the benin owns lagos gibberish because the aforementioned kutere , who fathered many children , among them many heirs , was a product of a union between Erelu , a benin princess( king Akinsemotin's sister ) and Alagba , an ifa priest from present day osun state . It is this warrior king from a yoruba loins that gave birth to many sons whose lineages are eligible to the Eleko stool .Thank you .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by GeneralPula: 3:05am On Jan 14, 2023
pacespot:
Is there any other origin to Yoruba race than Ile Ife?
No, there’s not..

The yorubas in Brazil, Cuba, Togo, Benin etc do come home yearly for Osun Osogbo festival..

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by Simbrixton(m): 3:21am On Jan 14, 2023
Otunbakayce:
Thrash from an urchin! I lived in now badagry for 15years as a Yoruba man from Ekiti.
Stop being a brainless urchin its a new year.
stupid bini person
Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by yinkkus: 6:27am On Jan 14, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

“We, Badagry people are from Ile-Ife and settled at Quidah in Benin Republic, later the Ifa oracle directed us to return through Gberefu to our present location in Badagry.
-High Chief Wawu

O ma se o. You are really pained.
Egun and Ogu are the same as much as Awori and Ogu are same Yoruba or Egbado and Yewa are the same today for semantics reason. Listing Egun and Ogu side by side does not mean they are different but your pain did not see that nowhere was it stated that they are different.

Even Wawu itself was not included and means that list is inconclusive and does not mean will not change in the future. High Chief Wawu is still alive and an authoritative custodian of the oral tradition and history of Badagry. Emeritus Prof Falola , an authority on history, has done extensive research too and published the works providing the authorities to support High Chief Wawu's account.

You can go and argue with Ifa if you are pained. The Yoruba Badagry can not be second class Yoruba in their own land because of few ignorant people who want to hold down Badagry like the ehinkule ile Yoruba.

But for this few ignorant people who do not know the place of Badagry in Yorubaland, Badagry should by now be like Eti Osa if not greater.

They are all Yoruba from Ile Ife.

Ogbeni, Awori are not the same as Ogun/egun.

Awori is a yoruba sub - group just like ijebus, ekitis, igbomina e.t.c while Egun is a distinct ethnic group and not a yoruba sub - group as you people stupidly claim.
Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by yinkkus: 6:59am On Jan 14, 2023
Otunbakayce:
You are spitting trash! Awori is unrelated to Yoruba, Egun is also pronounced as ogu, Yewa is a political nomenclature. The people of yea are Egun or ogu people and they are a distinct tribe from Yoruba. Stop spitting trash and misleading the public.

Otunbakayce:
You are spitting trash! Awori is unrelated to Yoruba, Egun is also pronounced as ogu, Yewa is a political nomenclature. The people of yea are Egun or ogu people and they are a distinct tribe from Yoruba. Stop spitting trash and misleading the public.

You are spitting thrash in a way also in that Awori is a yoruba sub - group in Lagos and part of Ogun state (Kiti gbe oo?)

No 2, Ogu and Egun are different words for the same people, you can choose any of the pronounciations just like Igbira and Ebira (more acceptable)or Ibo or Igbo (more acceptable), so it's stupid to say we should pronounce Ogu as Egun.

Yes i agree , yewa is political nomenclature, a geo - political zone if you like and there are yoruba there indegenously , even as i agree that Ogu/Egun are distinct ethnic group from Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by yinkkus: 7:06am On Jan 14, 2023
christistruth01:

Today I have time for People like you

The Egun descended from Oduduwa and Ile Ife through the Branch of the Yorubas called
the Popos led by the Olupopo who was a Son Of Oduduwa

The Egun were the offspring of intermarriage between the fon of Dahomey and the yoruba Popos Of Dahormey and Togo

They settled in Badagry in the late 17 th Century as guests of their Awori yoruba Cousins who gave them the land they settled on when they fled from the King of Dahomey’s Wars against Ouidah which was their original homeland

Even the Fon Of Dahormey have some Yoruba Ancestry but speak an Akan Language

The Ewe ,and Ga Tribes of Benin Republic , Togo and Ghana are Of Yoruba Ancestry

and migrated from Yorubaland but now Speak the Akan Languages Of their Neigbours

The fon Of Dahomey through Treachery and the Assistance Of Portuguese Slave Traders who armed them with Firearms, Conquered Part of the Yoruba Popos around Allada, Ouidah , Cotonou and assimilated with them producing the Egun People

the Alaafin Of Oyo later reconquered the fon and almost everybody in Dahomey and Togo all the Way to the

Coastal Accra Area in Ghana and defeated the Ashanti of Ghana along the Way in the days of Bashorun Gaa

Since the Alaafin reconquered the Fon and Dahomey the Eguns were under Oyos Protection

The Oba of Badagry wears a Beaded Crown given to his Ancestors by the Ooni Of Ife

So what is your Problem ?

the Egun are our People

What happened to your Biafra ?

Shut the Bleep up!

All human beigns are more or less from the same source, Ogun/Egun are distinct from the Yoruba enough.
Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by yinkkus: 7:21am On Jan 14, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

You are too naive to get my point about how historical facts are established and it is so sad that you sound fairly educated yet can not comprehend that your opinion does not count when authorities like Chief Wawu, Emeritus Falola and tonnes of the authorities place historical facts on Badagry out there.

That you have a phone device and internet data does not make you an authority. It will be an academic fraud to disprove these authorities on SM. Your rudeness, arrogance and belligerence has blinded you from realising it is not about me and you should face these authorities and Ifa if you have superior evidences above beer parlour gists. I never stated that I am an authority above High Chief Wawu, Emeritus Prof Falola et al and you are neither

Go and publish your own dubious or real opinion and let it go through rigorous peer review by intellectuals so that you will know the difference between beer parlour gists and historical facts/ authorities.

I will no longer respond to you. Go and do the needful if you have a superior fact, nairaland is
not where a small boy like you will trump authorities like Ifa, Wawu; Falola et al You are just acting like alagbara ma mo ero alaileko omo.

You can be a researcher yourself, and without rely all your entire life on statement that has been made.
In your research , you can reference those ones you have mentioned only after thorough work since some statements are not accurate and are inspired by politics and crave for relevance and membership.

Ogu/Egun are distinct from Yoruba people , period!

Nonsense!
Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 14, 2023
BENEAMATA:
All negroes are sons of Ham , and Africa is their homeland , no where else .The confused ones are the Isrealites with black skin . A village authority is re-affirming the origin of his people , with more evidence than one to debunk any erroneous Ashante origin , Team black jew think it's an opportunity to mock a people , who ,with " kaaro ojiire " alone , will have their compass guiding them back to their roots .wao !

Erm , how's that jewish ancestry DNA thing going anyway ? Since 2017 or so ,. Didn't know even science can take that long to understand a tribe and their weird complexities .

Lol.

You know what often amuses me?

There are over 300 other ethnic groups in Nigeria, but the moment an individual takes a small jab at your kind, you Yorubas come all out, daggers glaring, guns blazing, fangs baring, pouncing on the Igbos. For a tribe that claims to be the beacon of educational sophistication in Nigeria, it beggars pity that you presume every confrontation on Nairaland to be championed by Igbos. Going by this default setting, it is interestingly easy to set you two tribes against one another. All it takes is for an Isoko man to make a derogatory tribal slur to a Yoruba man and you'll pick up your torches and go set Igbo houses ablaze. Sure enough, the Igbos will return the favour. Then when you fools from both tribes are done killing yourselves over your misplaced hatred and unfounded stupidity, the rest of us can rest easy.

I hate the way and manner you Yorubas and Igbos act like children. You're making the South toxic and uncomfortable for the rest of us. We practically carry Nigeria's economic survival on our shoulders, but because you two stupid majority tribes cannot eschew your disdain for one another, Northern illiterates and normadic cattle rearing bastards are Lording over us.

God will punish you Yorubas and Igbos for your inability to bury your hate so we can progress as a region!
Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by yinkkus: 7:26am On Jan 14, 2023
emee701:
shut up. Awori, egun, yewa are all yorubas

Awori are yoruba , egun are not , know that and know peace.
Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by emee701(m): 7:31am On Jan 14, 2023
yinkkus:

Awori are yoruba , egun are not , know that and know peace.
They are. Know that and know peace
Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by yinkkus: 7:37am On Jan 14, 2023
Otunbakayce:
Fool! You know nothing. The late Alafin of OYObursted many lies about ile-ife, yet some of you omoale don't want to have sense. Awori is a subgroup of ijebu and are never from Ife.

You are abnormal animal!a bastard!Awori is a sub group of ijebu and ijebu a sub group of who? and aworis are not yoruba, ose fun ee ooo , ori e o pe !

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by yinkkus: 7:38am On Jan 14, 2023
emee701:

think it through again and have peace.
Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by emee701(m): 7:44am On Jan 14, 2023
yinkkus:

think it through again and have peace.
They are yoruba. Know that and have peace

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by yinkkus: 7:49am On Jan 14, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
About Badagry, the indigenous people of Lagos

The coastal town of Badagry, traditionally known as Gbagle, is situated between the city of Lagos, and the border with Benin Republic at Seme. It was cut out of Nigeria in 1863 and eventually added to the state of Lagos as part of Nigeria by the United Kingdom in 1901.

Being the second largest town in Lagos State, Badagry is surrounded by lakes, creeks and island, which makes beaches and resorts one of the major attractions of the ancient town.

1. Badagry is a monarchy headed by the Wheno Aholuship, a king­ship head by the Akran of Badagry and his seven white cap high chiefs. The white cap chiefs administer the eight quarters which Badagry is di­vided into. These divisions are Aho­vikoh, Boekoh, Jegba, Posukoh, Awhanjigo, Asago, Whalako and Ganho.

2. The title of Badagry’s royal father is Oba Akran, a kingship so influential that one of longest commercial avenues (a 2.14kilometere stretch) in Ikeja, Oba Akran Avenue, was named after it.

3. Badagry locals, comprising of the Aworis, Egun, Yoruba and Ogu people, are known for their hospitable disposition and their famous snack, Ajogun, made from cassava, best enjoyed with coconut water sucked from a straw plunged deep into the coconut.

4. Because of its proximity to the ocean, Badagry became the key port for export of African slaves to the Americas. Till date, there is a small museum in the building of the first Christian mission that showcases the manacles and other relics of the hugely lucrative and barbaric trade in humans.

5. Founded in the 15th century, Badagry was said to have been named from a dual corruption of Agbedegreme (which means Agbedeh’s farm in “Ogu” language) to Agbedagari and Agbedagari to Badagry by Yoruba settlers and European slave traders respectively. It is believed that Agbedeh was the famous farmer who founded the town.

6. Badagry served as the auction point for slaves captured during the inter-village warfare. Well, let's know more about this ancient tribe. Although the people belong to the Yoruba tribe of Southwest Nigeria, they speak a distinct language from the main Yoruba spoken in its land.

7. Notable Badagry indigenes

Oba C. Dosa. Akran
Late Oba Claudius Dosa Akran was a Nigerian politician and traditional title holder who represented Badagry in parliament in 1951 and held the title of Aholu Jiwa II of Jegba.

Oba G. Babatunde Akran, current Aholu Menu-Toyi

Seriki Williams Abass

T. Ola Avoseh

Founder of PAGA

8. Lagos is For Excellence!

Please bring your investments to Lagos State.
Your investments are safe and you're guaranteed of a working business environment.
Please join others already doing so. We have warm hospitality, great foods, music, modern infrastructures , beaches and iconic tourist recreation/relaxation spots in Lagos.

Lagos is the right place to site your investments. You, your family and investments are safe in my city of Lagos.

Please invest in Lagos today.
Thank you.

I can spot illiteracy, unenlightement and backwardness in no 3 , what is yoruba and awori? and Ogu and egun?
Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by yinkkus: 7:51am On Jan 14, 2023
emee701:
They are yoruba. Know that and have peace

They are not, think and observe again and enjoy peace.
Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by emee701(m): 8:10am On Jan 14, 2023
yinkkus:

They are not, think and observe again and enjoy peace.
They are. Stop arguing about what you dont know. Learn

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by VEHINTOLAR: 10:03am On Jan 14, 2023
BENEAMATA:
First of all ,i pay obeisance to the prince . Well said prince , but i'd wish to add that we are all omo kaaro ojiire as Oduduwa the progenitor of yoruba kings met our ancestors in ile ife .And starting from the fourth lagos monarch , ologun kutere ,we can fully debunk all the benin owns lagos gibberish because the aforementioned kutere , who fathered many children , among them many heirs , was a product of a union between Erelu , a benin princess( king Akinsemotin's sister ) and Alagba , an ifa priest from present day osun state . It is this warrior king from a yoruba loins that gave birth to many sons whose lineages are eligible to the Eleko stool .Thank you .

Spot on ! Many thanks for your highly informative contribution.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by Konquest: 1:22pm On Jan 14, 2023
christistruth01:

Today I have time for People like you

The Egun descended from Oduduwa and Ile Ife through the Branch of the Yorubas called
the Popos led by the Olupopo who was a Son Of Oduduwa

The Egun were the offspring of intermarriage between the fon of Dahomey and the yoruba Popos Of Dahormey and Togo

They settled in Badagry in the late 17 th Century as guests of their Awori yoruba Cousins who gave them the land they settled on when they fled from the King of Dahomey’s Wars against Ouidah which was their original homeland

Even the Fon Of Dahormey have some Yoruba Ancestry but speak an Akan Language

The Ewe ,and Ga Tribes of Benin Republic , Togo and Ghana are Of Yoruba Ancestry

and migrated from Yorubaland but now Speak the Akan Languages Of their Neigbours

The fon Of Dahomey through Treachery and the Assistance Of Portuguese Slave Traders who armed them with Firearms, Conquered Part of the Yoruba Popos around Allada, Ouidah , Cotonou and assimilated with them producing the Egun People

the Alaafin Of Oyo later reconquered the fon and almost everybody in Dahomey and Togo all the Way to the

Coastal Accra Area in Ghana and defeated the Ashanti of Ghana along the Way in the days of Bashorun Gaa

Since the Alaafin reconquered the Fon and Dahomey the Eguns were under Oyos Protection

The Oba of Badagry wears a Beaded Crown given to his Ancestors by the Ooni Of Ife

So what is your Problem ?

the Egun are our People

What happened to your Biafra ?
Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by EgusiShankly: 1:45pm On Jan 14, 2023
BloomingDale:

I don’t see the great Ife in old maps.
Tell them!
Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by yinkkus: 3:37pm On Jan 14, 2023
emee701:
They are. Stop arguing about what you dont know. Learn

They are not , you and your likes should reason properly and embrace peace.
Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by emee701(m): 3:45pm On Jan 14, 2023
yinkkus:

They are not , you and your likes should reason properly and embrace peace.
shut up, you know nothing. They are
Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by yinkkus: 11:32am On Jan 15, 2023
emee701:
shut up, you know nothing. They are

Shut your dirty mouth up!,there is shit on your head, they are not !go and reason well and come back and join me in thanksgiving.
Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by emee701(m): 12:54pm On Jan 15, 2023
yinkkus:

Shut your dirty mouth up!,there is shit on your head, they are not !go and reason well and come back and join me in thanksgiving.
eran in tears
Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by yinkkus: 12:06pm On Jan 16, 2023
emee701:
eran in tears
omo eran ni o, eran si ni o pelu, sofo koo si segbe danu!
Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by yinkkus: 12:08pm On Jan 16, 2023
[
Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by emee701(m): 12:47pm On Jan 16, 2023
yinkkus:

omo eran ni o, eran si ni o pelu, sofo koo si segbe danu!
Eran dudu in tears
Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by christistruth01: 2:49pm On Jan 17, 2023
BENEAMATA:

In addition Asipa the first Oba of Lagos was an Yoruba Awori man who was the Asipa Of Iseri

His son Ado whom a Benin Princess Bore him was the first Crowned King Of Lagos (Isale Eko) on Lagos Island

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by pongwa(m): 11:29pm On Jan 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

“We, Badagry people are from Ile-Ife and settled at Quidah in Benin Republic, later the Ifa oracle directed us to return through Gberefu to our present location in Badagry.
-High Chief Wawau
he is talking about his clan, not the whole Badagry region

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by yinkkus: 12:04pm On Jan 18, 2023
emee701:
Eran dudu in tears
Eran ile pepe is mourning.
Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by emee701(m): 12:07pm On Jan 18, 2023
yinkkus:

Eran ile pepe is mourning.
Eran iya osogbo in pains
Re: Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu by masseratti: 9:30am On Jan 21, 2023
emee701:
we are not please..thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Economy Will Pick Up In 2017, Says FG / Abuja Rally Divides Pro-buhari Group / UPDATE: Tribunal Did Not Sack Orji Kalu, His Certificate Remains Intact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.