Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women (4898 Views)

Why Most Girls Are Shy Or Ashamed Of Drying/hanging Their Undies Outside / People Dating Exceptionally Beautiful Person, Do You Feel Insecure ? / Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Nayah(f): 1:59pm On Sep 06, 2011
looool grin grin grin grin
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Arkhin(m): 3:33pm On Sep 06, 2011
Strictly for ladies,you guys should keep it coming cos i'm loving it!
cool
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Nayah(f): 3:38pm On Sep 06, 2011
Hello Arkin no pb but you should contribuate to our discussion
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by MrCork17: 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2011
Nayah. sweery can i come to france next week and marrry you? angry
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by ugosly(m): 4:04pm On Sep 06, 2011
hey @pendo, I really appreciate your intelectual versatility,no doubt u are a very strong woman,mentally.
Ur Pastor/Teacher must b very proud of u.
keep it coming, you are building a fan base already.
pendo89:

Self appreciation starts the moment you realise you are a very unique person.You are not a duplicate copy so use your strengths to the best of your advantage.
Some brainless beauties have made it in the modelling career cz they realised that they can never achieve using their brains.
Their bodies propelled them forward. That is a strength. if they hd allowed people to keep reminding them of how dumb they are they would never have made it.
Some millionares knew that looks are better of in the museum,so they put their brains to use.
Humans have this trait of focusing and talking about your achievements when you excel in a particular field.  Physical appearances don't matter anymore.
eg.mother Theresa,Oprah,Trump,Gates,Branson (ok this one has a hot look grin),Naomi and many more.

Nobody can claim they are lacking. You only need to identify your strengths and use them to bring change not only into your life but others as well.
We fail when we waste 3/4 of our lives trying to ape other people.
Focus inward first then everything will manifest outwards later.
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Nayah(f): 4:09pm On Sep 06, 2011
ugosly seconded, that's my girl!! nakupenda Pendo smiley
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by pendo89(f): 4:15pm On Sep 06, 2011
Thanks dear sis.Love you too.

[/quote]
Mr, Cork:

Nayah. sweery can i come to france next week and marrry you? angry

Now Nayah,can we start working this out? Paris is great.I already have ideas. I will do the flower arrangement grin

[quote author=ugosly link=topic=752492.msg9092245#msg9092245 date=1315321473]
hey @pendo, I really appreciate your intelectual versatility,no doubt u are a very strong woman,mentally.
your Pastor/Teacher must b very proud of u.
keep it coming, you are building a fan base already.

Thank you for the compliment.However, glory goes to God for making me who I am. I owe my life to him and nobody else.
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by LongOne1(m): 4:20pm On Sep 06, 2011
Wow, what a happy Nairaland family. Seun will be proud.

To me, all this is more of blab, blab, blab and more blab.
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by MrCork17: 4:23pm On Sep 06, 2011
Long One:

Wow, what a happy Nairaland family. Seun will be proud.

To me, all this is more of blab, blab, blab and more blab.

Long One. bro are you homeless? undecided (no oofeinse)
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Arkhin(m): 4:31pm On Sep 06, 2011
@Nayah, a brother just proposed,still waiting for your reply.
@pendo, how about that your office stalker?How did it play out?
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Nayah(f): 4:33pm On Sep 06, 2011
Arkhin which reply?? lol
Long One thanks for your contribution  smiley
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by pendo89(f): 4:35pm On Sep 06, 2011
Arkhin:

@Nayah, a brother just proposed,still waiting for your reply.
@pendo, how about that your office stalker?How did it play out?

I sorted it out.He stopped walking like a male model now he runs like bolt without looking my direction.
Its also been long since I saw him get water from the dispenser. Its good to see him sitted longer grin
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by LongOne1(m): 4:39pm On Sep 06, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Long One. bro are you homeless? undecided (no oofeinse)

Yes, but I’m looking for a mummy, not a daddy. Will you find me a mummy?
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by MrsChima(f): 4:50pm On Sep 06, 2011
Hello Ladies!

I had to take off my war boots. wink I am here!

I am all for the spiritual things that you have shared Gendo but we have to take in consideration that there are other people who aren't spiritual and its our responsibility to reach them on their level of understanding.

Some women have shared that when people throw things to them that they are not knowing it hard to comprehend the glorious message of love, respect, and unity. Once they have a basic understanding of what is Spirituality but are usually done through common relationship with the individuals then we can introduce them to the bearer of good news.

We don't want to lose people before we are able to plant a seed in them.
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Arkhin(m): 4:50pm On Sep 06, 2011
@pendo,you thot a poor brother a lesson, i pity him cos ain' funny seeing what you CHERISH hurting you,
the rose has thorns anyway. grin grin grin grin
@Nayah,i thot Cork asked a fundamental question which you overlooked.You got this look you know.
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Nayah(f): 4:52pm On Sep 06, 2011
^^ what fundamental question?  grin marriage? come on bro
Hi Mrs Chima!!!
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Mynd44: 4:56pm On Sep 06, 2011
^^^
Stop the IGG jorh
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Nayah(f): 4:58pm On Sep 06, 2011
Hello Mynd 44 smiley
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by MrsChima(f): 4:58pm On Sep 06, 2011
Nayah have spoken on beauty and self confidence few posts ago.  

Beauty is relative in my opinion and it has many definition and adjectives to each individuals.  The standard of beauty in this world is blonde hair, pale skin, and blue eyes.  There are white girls trying to look like black girls, black girls trying to look like white girls. Asian girls trying to look white, and Hispanic trying to look like black girls.  You have too many "grass is greener" on the side mentality in today's society.  

Media and Men play a great part in women's self esteem and perception of what they feel is beauty.  Men often time complain that women spend too much time beautifying themselves not knowing they have and are subliminally pressured the girls to look like the next Halle Berry or Heidi Klum.  

A father or a positive male role model is crucial in a young girl's life.  He shapes how she will view men and she will typically pick men base on the type of men she reared up with.  There is a saying, "A woman will choose a man just like her father" and fathers and future fathers need to be mindful of how they treat their wives, mothers, sisters, and women in general because the girl will grow up thinking that how she should be treated.
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Nayah(f): 5:03pm On Sep 06, 2011
Yes Mrs Chima, sometimes I've read many times here people who feel "superior" to others ( quite strange for Africans) because they think that thick noise and so one equal to beauty, I mean I think Africans have to impose their model as well, curves shapes and so one of course Africa is not just a simple feature but "negroid" features have to be promoted and people have to be proud of it and not rejected it or be ashamed of it

Brainwash is really difficult but not impossible to fight
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by pendo89(f): 5:18pm On Sep 06, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Nayah have spoken on beauty and self confidence few posts ago.  

Beauty is relative in my opinion and it has many definition and adjectives to each individuals.  The standard of beauty in this world is blonde hair, pale skin, and blue eyes.  There are white girls trying to look like black girls, black girls trying to look like white girls. Asian girls trying to look white, and Hispanic trying to look like black girls.  You have too many "grass is greener" on the side mentality in today's society.  

Media and Men play a great part in women's self esteem and perception of what they feel is beauty.  Men often time complain that women spend too much time beautifying themselves not knowing they have and are subliminally pressured the girls to look like the next Halle Berry or Heidi Klum.  

A father or a positive male role model is crucial in a young girl's life.  He shapes how she will view men and she will typically pick men base on the type of men she reared up with.  There is a saying, "A woman will choose a man just like her father" and fathers and future fathers need to be mindful of how they treat their wives, mothers, sisters, and women in general because the girl will grow up thinking that how she should be treated.  

I very much love that. But the male must be a model to be emulated. Some Dads lol.
And some gals can have great male models but still chose to be rebellious cz of peer pressure.There's some fun in being rebellious. I also tried that as a teen.

There's an age when you want to be like the celeb you see on TV. I once had a crush on Byran Adams. I still do grin
I wanted to be like Tyra as well. Then I wanted to be like Angelina Jolie.
Its all hormonal I guess and its allowed.But see as you mature you reach a stable age and all these fantasies change.
I have a problem with mature ladies who have self esteem issues.Teenager I wouldn't mind so much cz I will blame the hormones.
But anybody above 20 must come to some realisation.Understand that fantasy is far from reality.
If you value yourself you will not allow the media to shape or influence your decisions or life.
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by MrCork17: 5:20pm On Sep 06, 2011
ladies. by the way, which of u wear extra large pant? plisss holla! wink
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by pendo89(f): 5:21pm On Sep 06, 2011
LOL grin grin grin
And which one is that?
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by MrsChima(f): 5:22pm On Sep 06, 2011
It isn't just Africans it is world wide.  You have white women will compare their buttocks with black women and often time when they get a black man that tell them "you look like a sister" it boost up their self esteem the same thing for sisters when men tell them "they have the white girl hair flow".  

It also explain why women are competitive against each other because they want the attention from the men that will tell them, "you are beautiful and sexy".   Real sisterhood is about supporting one another and encouraging positivity.  As much as I drop kick men many time I still try to uplift the women because I know many of them do not have women telling them they are beautiful or whatnots.  

I am the type of sister that will tell you like it is because I don't want you to look like a fool. In public places I know how to conduct myself but it still doesn't minimize the fact I will put on my war boots if something pop off.  People will take advantage of you if you allow them to and that's why sisters must have self esteem and assurance about themselves.  

Brainwashing is indeed toxic and addictive with the right support and FRIENDS it can be broken.
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Mynd44: 5:23pm On Sep 06, 2011
Next thing we know y'all will start burning Bras on NL
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by pendo89(f): 5:27pm On Sep 06, 2011
^^ I think you are throwing it offside.
What is with burning bras? we are discussing self esteem issues here.
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by MrsChima(f): 5:28pm On Sep 06, 2011
pendo89:

I very much love that. But the male must be a model to be emulated. Some Dads lol.
And some gals can have great male models but still chose to be rebellious cz of peer pressure.There's some fun in being rebellious. I also tried that as a teen.

There's an age when you want to be like the celeb you see on TV. I once had a crush on Byran Adams. I still do grin
I wanted to be like Tyra as well. Then I wanted to be like Angelina Jolie.
Its all hormonal I guess and its allowed.But see as you mature you reach a stable age and all these fantasies change.
I have a problem with mature ladies who have self esteem issues.Teenager I wouldn't mind so much cz I will blame the hormones.
But anybody above 20 must come to some realisation.Understand that fantasy is far from reality.
If you value yourself you will not allow the media to shape or influence your decisions or life.

I hear what you are saying but I do know for a fact men play a great role in young girls' lives and my father always told me to love myself regardless what anyone say and do not value yourself base on other perceptions of you.  

I want to credit my father for instilling me that I am the Stuff like we say in America when we say we know we look good and got it going on.  That's what all woman should feel like and demand it.  

Adults were once kids so how they were shaped when they were young will carry on into their adulthood.  That explain why you have grown women behaving like teenagers.
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by MrsChima(f): 5:29pm On Sep 06, 2011
Mynd_44:

Next thing we know y'all will start burning Bras on NL

We would appreciate if you either stick to the topic or just sit back and learn something. kiss
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by MrCork17: 5:30pm On Sep 06, 2011
Mrs Chima. so Do u feel insure wearing size 52 pant? pls lets talk about it? tongue
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by MrsChima(f): 5:31pm On Sep 06, 2011
For Nayah and Gendo I am going to cross the street on this one and press that ignore button.

Okay ladies! Back to topic.
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by MrCork17: 5:38pm On Sep 06, 2011
Gendo grin grin grin grin
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by pendo89(f): 5:56pm On Sep 06, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Gendo grin   grin   grin   grin

lol blame chima. name corrupter.I excuse her. grin

Chima u made me think about ladies who have no male models. Are u saying that they have issues with self esteem? Its one thing to have males around you and another for them to be role models.
I think what helped me more besides having strict parents was my attitude as well.
Not discriminating and being able to adapt to different environments with different kinds of people.
Your attitude determines your altitude. You dont need to change in order to fit.You only need to adapt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Y Nigerians Come To Us And Seek Black Women: And Then Lie To Them? / Mr Nairaland 2016 !!!!!!! Road To The Final ; Top5 / At The Sight Of n1pples My Heart Skips Why? pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.