Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women (4899 Views)

Why Most Girls Are Shy Or Ashamed Of Drying/hanging Their Undies Outside / People Dating Exceptionally Beautiful Person, Do You Feel Insecure ? / Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by LongOne1(m): 5:59pm On Sep 06, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I hear what you are saying but I do know for a fact men play a great role in young girls' lives and my father always told me to love myself regardless what anyone say and do not value yourself base on other perceptions of you.  

I want to credit my father for instilling me that I am the Stuff like we say in America when we say we know we look good and got it going on.  That's what all woman should feel like and demand it.  

Adults were once kids so how they were shaped when they were young will carry on into their adulthood.  That explain why you have grown women behaving like teenagers.  

I agree with you fully on this. They say the first man a girl falls in love with is her father.

When my Sis was growing up, I know how she felt whenever he was around. Heck! She snitched on us many times in front of him even though we promised her heaven on earth if she didn't tell and in her eyes, He couldnt ever be wrong.
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by pendo89(f): 6:04pm On Sep 06, 2011
^^ My mum tells me the same thing.That I was very close to my dad and I still am even though we dont agree all the time.
Fathers still believe you are still their small girl.
lol this reminds me if the movie 'father of the bride' grin
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Mynd44: 6:07pm On Sep 06, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

We would appreciate if you either stick to the topic or just sit back and learn something. kiss

Ain't noting to learn
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by LongOne1(m): 6:42pm On Sep 06, 2011
Ladies, If a girl is shy, how do you give her self confidence?
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by MrsChima(f): 6:52pm On Sep 06, 2011
Mynd_44:

Ain't noting to learn
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by MrsChima(f): 6:57pm On Sep 06, 2011
Long One:

There is nothing wrong with a girl being shy. Shyness is usually someone who is introverted and its not a bad thing. 

Now if she is insecure or self conscious then she will need what I call character building.  Character building are usually done in therapy sessions with abusers of all kinds and grief counseling. 

Character building is giving the individual an outlet to release their inner dragon if you will.  Inner dragons are plague from childhood or adulthood.  We have to get to the root of the problem before we can help her become self confidence. 

Some people suggest makeovers and plastic surgeries.  That's self medication and not treatment.  We all are self conscious about something but it up to us to accept and love our lack of. 

Character building is very effective and just being a listening ear help break down those plagues.
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by MrsChima(f): 6:59pm On Sep 06, 2011
Long One:

I agree with you fully on this. They say the first man a girl falls in love with is her father.

When my Sis was growing up, I know how she felt whenever he was around. Heck! She snitched on us many times in front of him even though we promised her heaven on earth if she didn't tell and in her eyes, He couldnt ever be wrong.

Yes. Fathers are the girls first love even if he isn't any good.
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by pendo89(f): 7:07pm On Sep 06, 2011
Long One:

I don't think being shy means lack in self confidence.

A wild,rude and loud girl could lack in self confidence ,you know. The loud one thinks that being rude and loud will get her noticed.
So you ask,why does she want to get noticed. Beating drums and blowing trumpets is not the best way.

And you cannot give somebody self-sonfidence. Long One, many gals may have gone thru stuff that have ruined their self confidence.
Good example is violation. She can grow up and exhibit 2 character traits as a result of that.

1.She may shut down and not be open to people esp.men
2.She may decide to revenge by taking her anger out on men through breaking hearts.

A shy gal has issues expressing herself but that doesn't mean she's lacking.Exposure can help.

Lack of self confidence is manifested through destructive/not beneficial behaviour and shyness is not destructive.

Dont know if I make sense.Just chew meat and spit bones grin
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by MrsChima(f): 7:18pm On Sep 06, 2011
(chewing the meat and marinating the bones)
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Goldieluks: 7:20pm On Sep 06, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

(chewing the meat and marinating the bones)

Hey sister/brother quit chewing bone like a hungry dug. tongue
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by pendo89(f): 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2011
marinating bones ? Lol

They  are  'unmaritable' grin
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by MrsChima(f): 7:28pm On Sep 06, 2011
Goldieluks:

Hey sister/brother quit chewing bone like a hungry dug. tongue

Bite me. kiss

pendo89:

marinating bones ? Lol

They  are  'unmaritable' grin

Marinated bones can be tasty! tongue
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Russialane(m): 7:29pm On Sep 06, 2011
pendo babe hw r u wink
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by pendo89(f): 7:32pm On Sep 06, 2011
Am fine and full  of confidence smiley

why do u like being alone? u have self esteem issues?
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Russialane(m): 7:32pm On Sep 06, 2011
have not heard from you yet
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Russialane(m): 7:33pm On Sep 06, 2011
good, good that you are ok, wink
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Goldieluks: 7:34pm On Sep 06, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Bite me. kiss

Marinated bones can be tasty! tongue

Bites off his damn butt. angry tongue
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Russialane(m): 7:35pm On Sep 06, 2011
not really i just  like to have time to think sometimes kiss
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Russialane(m): 7:36pm On Sep 06, 2011
pendo give me your contact details
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by pendo89(f): 7:42pm On Sep 06, 2011
We say in swahili that  'Haraka haraka haina baraka'>> Hurry hurry has no blessings.

Contacts now? still early brother. Very serious about that.

Go slow please.
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Russialane(m): 7:44pm On Sep 06, 2011
ok wink smiley kiss
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Russialane(m): 7:45pm On Sep 06, 2011
what about on facebook, cool
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by LongOne1(m): 7:45pm On Sep 06, 2011
Hmm. . .
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by pendo89(f): 7:50pm On Sep 06, 2011
I am the only human without fb account.
And I mean it. I dont like it.
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Russialane(m): 7:51pm On Sep 06, 2011
why dont you like it? wink
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by pendo89(f): 7:55pm On Sep 06, 2011
Its nt my thing.I have my hands full of sites and I knw where my friends are, plus how to keep contact.
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Russialane(m): 7:58pm On Sep 06, 2011
hmmmmm smiley at least send me a text with that number of mine,
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by pendo89(f): 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2011
Do u realise that your no is still on thread. Who leaves his private on a thread?
And now we need to apologise to Nayah 4 derailing her thread. Lets not derail it further.
Thanks.
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Mynd44: 11:58pm On Sep 06, 2011
Goldieluks:

Bites off his damn butt. angry tongue
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Arkhin(m): 11:01am On Sep 07, 2011
Day 2 in the saga:
Debaters where are you at?
cool cool cool
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Nayah(f): 12:23pm On Sep 07, 2011
lol Arkin
Re: For Sisters Who Are Shy Or Feel Insecure Towards Others Women by Arkhin(m): 12:30pm On Sep 07, 2011
Sure Nayah, methinks it's about time you guys resume

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Poo In Your Boyfriend's House Secretly (for Lagos Big Girls Only) / What Qualities Do You Look Out For In A Partner? / Mr Nairaland 2016 !!!!!!! Road To The Final ; Top5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.