Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,014 members, 7,828,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

What Is Heaven Like? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Heaven Like? (11124 Views)

Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? / Is Heaven Real? / 3 Viral Images Of "Jesus" In 3 Months! Is Heaven Trying To Say Something To Us? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:10am On Jan 18, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

In the end you explained nothing. You just simply repeated the commands. As I said your lack of understanding and you still gave no rebuttal.

Then, you have not been reading my posts.

Go back and read them again.

Or ask me to explain it to you.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:27am On Jan 18, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Then, you have not been reading my posts.

Go back and read them again.

Or ask me to explain it to you.

Whatever you wanted to say is written there and all you said is a repetition of the 2 commands which in your lack of understanding, you say contradiction forgetting that different commands are issued at different times as a Commander sees fit.

And I know you did not consider that that transaction was not a one day affair, therefore, there will be a series of commandments. It's as simple as that.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:55am On Jan 18, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Whatever you wanted to say is written there and all you said is a repetition of the 2 commands which in your lack of understanding, you say contradiction forgetting that different commands are issued at different times as a Commander sees fit.

And I know you did not consider that that transaction was not a one day affair, therefore, there will be a series of commandments. It's as simple as that.

Please, explain it to me.

The initial instruction to Noah was to take two of every species (birds, creepers, and all).

Then, another instruction was to take 7 of every clean animal, and only a pair of every unclean animal.

In the end, Noah took into the ark a pair of every animal.

What happened to the second instruction?

Can't you see that there are two narratives in one story, a matter of unreliability?

How can you explain that the second instruction was an addition, when in the end, only the first instruction was followed?

If both instructions stood,Noah should have taken 7 of every clean animals, and a pair of every unclean animals, if we are guessing that the first instruction was really geared at unclean animals.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:24pm On Jan 18, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Please, explain it to me....
If both instructions stood,Noah should have taken 7 of every clean animals, and a pair of every unclean animals, if we are guessing that the first instruction was really geared at unclean animals.

You are wrong because you made the mistake of lumping them hence you missed Genesis 7:5 "Noah did ACCORDING TO ALL THAT THE LORD COMMANDED". EXACTLY THE SAME WORDS USED FOR MOSES!

The Bible is not telling you to count, it is only telling you what transpired exactly as you know not to count as CBN governor is giving instructions as to the movement of money from banks or when Ceo's command accountant to draw out monies from the account it would not make sense to a reader who was not there eg N1million, N500k, N1million, N700k. N700k, N500k, N1million.

And God has not appointed you to Audit the Ark, so the book keeping would not make sense to you exactly as a banks book would not make sense to you.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:05pm On Jan 18, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You are wrong because you made the mistake of lumping them hence you missed Genesis 7:5 "Noah did ACCORDING TO ALL THAT THE LORD COMMANDED". EXACTLY THE SAME WORDS USED FOR MOSES!

The Bible is not telling you to count, it is only telling you what transpired exactly as you know not to count as CBN governor is giving instructions as to the movement of money from banks or when Ceo's command accountant to draw out monies from the account it would not make sense to a reader who was not there eg N1million, N500k, N1million, N700k. N700k, N500k, N1million.

And God has not appointed you to Audit the Ark, so the book keeping would not make sense to you exactly as a banks book would not make sense to you.

The issue is not whether Noah followed instructions or not.

The issue is that there are inconsistencies in the narrative.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:16pm On Jan 18, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

The issue is not whether Noah followed instructions or not

The issue is that there are inconsistencies in the narrative.

And you are trying to audit Noah's Records which is the error you are making.

Till the world ends you would never understand a bankers book or an accountants records. It does not belong to you therefore, you can not audit it.

So also do you not own the animals neither does Noah work for you, therefore you can not understand it.

That is the way it is which is why everyone says "mind your business".
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:02pm On Jan 18, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

And you are trying to audit Noah's Records which is the error you are making.

Till the world ends you would never understand a bankers book or an accountants records. It does not belong to you therefore, you can not audit it.

So also do you not own the animals neither does Noah work for you, therefore you can not understand it.

That is the way it is which is why everyone says "mind your business".

The difference between you and I is that you are a Christian, so your job is to read the Bible and take it as it is, an inerrant book.

But I am a Bible scholar. I have to research beyond the Bible stories. I have to look at matters like hermeneutics. I have to ask questions, to look at history of the Bible and the purported writers, including their style to see if the one who wrote this book also wrote that one, to see whether Christianity and science could agree, to explore different possible interpretations...the list is endless.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:13pm On Jan 18, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

But I am a Bible scholar. I have to research beyond the Bible stories.

Now you are pleading credentials. Bible scholar the does not know God's Voice what a shit.

You obviously think I am one of those normal Bible reading people you meet everyday who don't know God nor understand the Bible they read.

I am better than scholars and no one as you have experienceed can reasonably and validly beat me in argument and understanding of God and His Word.

So clearly you have no valid and cogent rebuttal.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Now you are pleading credentials thinking I am one of those normal Bible reading people you meet everyday who don't know God nor understand the Bible they read.

I am better than scholars and no one as you have experienceed can reasonably and validly beat me in argument and understanding of God and His Word.

Then, explain the inconsistencies, instead of asking me not to be an auditor.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:18pm On Jan 18, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Then, explain the inconsistencies, instead of asking me not to be an auditor.

I have already explained them and as the record shows you had no counter Self appointed auditor when God did not send you.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:22pm On Jan 18, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

I have already explained them and as the record shows you had no counter you who appointed yourself auditor when God did not send you.

You didn't explain.

You only said that Noah obeyed instruction, so the inconsistencies shouldn't be an issue.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:27pm On Jan 18, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

You didn't explain.

You only said that Noah obeyed instruction, so the inconsistencies shouldn't be an issue.

Now you want to use style to reargue, even at that you would still have nothing valid to say

I said many things one of which I said is that they are 2 different commands issued at different times as The Commander sees fit.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Jumbojax(m): 9:51am On Jan 29, 2023
MrPRevailer:
Banilla

I hope it's not where you are going with this?
Don't misunderstand that scripture. Although, we trust in his grace, we must abstain from all appearances of evil (1 Thessalonians 4:18, Mark 9:43, Romans 6:1, Revelation 21:8 ).....to name a few. There are so many verses.

1 Thessalonians 5:22 "Abstain from all appearances of evil"

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law."

Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
God loves you, hence His word will never tell you to go and commit sin or walk in the flesh. Cause that's death. Jesus said He is the way, the truth and the life. Believing in Him and Him alone apart from your works means you have an eternal security of heaven. If you still want to live in your sins and flesh after such an offer that's on you. Your life here on earth will not be as easy for you as the unbelieving sinner. And you may lose rewards for your good works if they don't stand the test of fire. But heaven is a gift not a reward. To enter is a gift. God is so good He still wants to bless you more but you must believe enteri g is beyond you. You can't deserve it. But worked it out and deserved it for you. Why won't you wanna do all He says after He showed you so much love.
This doctrine is not hard to believe. We just need to have a higher view of God's love ❤

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Jan 29, 2023
Jumbojax:
■ God loves you, hence His word will never tell you to go and commit sin or walk in the flesh. Cause that's death. Jesus said He is the way, the truth and the life.
■Believing in Him and Him alone apart from your works means you have an eternal security of heaven. If you still want to live in your sins and flesh after such an offer that's on you. Your life here on earth will not be as easy for you as the unbelieving sinner. And you may lose rewards for your good works if they don't stand the test of fire. But heaven is a gift not a reward. To enter is a gift. God is so good He still wants to bless you more but you must believe enteri g is beyond you. You can't deserve it. But worked it out and deserved it for you. Why won't you wanna do all He says after He showed you so much love.
This doctrine is not hard to believe. We just need to have a higher view of God's love ❤
1. God's love in Jesus Christ is only retained for those who obey His teachings and commandments in Jesus Christ so it is a lie to tell another that God loves them since God only sent Jesus Christ to His Lost sheep of Israel - Matthew 15 vs 14 . undecided

2. Eternal damnation, Hell, is the destination that awaits only those who are born-again again yet continue in sin. They are those who entered into the Kingdom of God through the Broad gate which leads to destruction and as such they have the gift of eternal life to spend in Hellfire as a result. undecided
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Jumbojax(m): 4:53pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. God's love in Jesus Christ is only retained for those who obey His teachings and commandments in Jesus Christ so it is a lie to tell another that God loves them since God only sent Jesus Christ to His Lost sheep of Israel - Matthew 15 vs 14 . undecided

2. Eternal damnation, Hell, is the destination that awaits only those who are born-again again yet continue in sin. They are those who entered into the Kingdom of God through the Broad gate which leads to destruction and as such they have the gift of eternal life to spend in Hellfire as a result. undecided

1. So are you the lost sheep of Israel
2. John 3:16 is so simple an instruction so that only self-righteous people will stumble on it. God looks at the heart. Man looks at the outward. Men justify each other by our works. God justifies men by their faith.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Jan 29, 2023
Jumbojax:
1. So are you the lost sheep of Israel
2. John 3:16 is so simple an instruction so that only self-righteous people will stumble on it. God looks at the heart. Man looks at the outward. Men justify each other by our works. God justifies men by their faith.
1. Only those who are of the Lost sheep of israel can enter into the Kingdom of God -- have that which is Holy- Matthew 7 vs 6. undecided

2. What you just spewed there are meaningless ramblings. God also considers your blood as He made the covenant that is Jesus Christ only with those who are of the House of Jacob/Israel and He also said that only those among them who obey His teachings and commandments are loved by Him - John 14 vs 15 - 20 & John 14 vs 9 - 11. undecided
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Jumbojax(m): 5:04pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Only those who are of the Lost sheep of israel can enter into the Kingdom of God -- have that which is Holy- Matthew 7 vs 6. undecided

2. What you just spewed there are meaningless ramblings. God also considers your blood as He made the covenant that is Jesus Christ only with those who are of the House of Jacob/Israel and He also said that only those among them who obey His teachings and commandments are loved by Him - John 14 vs 15 - 20 & John 14 vs 9 - 11. undecided
1. Still you haven't answered. Are you a lost sheep of Israel.
2. If this is a convo and not you showing yourself. Can you answer the most important question in the world.
How do you know you are going to heaven when you die?
3. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever BELIEVETH in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Not Whosoever obeys the commandments
Not Whosoever loves Him back sef.
The only criteria for entering the Kingdom of God is believing on the Lord Jesus Christ
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Kobojunkie: 5:53pm On Jan 29, 2023
Jumbojax:
1. Still you haven't answered. Are you a lost sheep of Israel.
2. If this is a convo and not you showing yourself. Can you answer the most important question in the world.
How do you know you are going to heaven when you die?
3. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever BELIEVETH in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Not Whosoever obeys the commandments
Not Whosoever loves Him back sef.
The only criteria for entering the Kingdom of God is believing on the Lord Jesus Christ
1. I was able to gain access into the Kingdom of God and became possessed by a spirit ala born-again! undecided

2. According to Jesus Christ, the Spirit of Truth, the same spirit that lives inside of Jesus Christ, bears witness in those who belong to Him. undecided

3. Whosoever believeth in Him will indeed not perish according to God's decree of death on all sinners of the Old Law - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 -20, but have eternal life with access into the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 1 - 8 either through the Broad gate which leads to destruction(Hellfire) or through the Narrow Gate which leads to True Life (Heaven) at its end - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 30. What this means is though redeemed from God’s Old Law and curse, even in this new Law, if one refuses to obey still, one will end up in eternal damnation at the end - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. Yes, all those who will end up in Hell fire are all born-again. undecided
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Jumbojax(m): 6:30pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I was able to gain access into the Kingdom of God and became possessed by a spirit ala born-again! undecided

2. According to Jesus Christ, the Spirit of Truth, the same spirit that lives inside of Jesus Christ, bears witness in those who belong to Him. undecided

3. Whosoever believeth in Him will indeed not perish according to God's decree of death on all sinners of the Old Law - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 -20, but have eternal life with access into the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 1 - 8 either through the Broad gate which leads to destruction(Hellfire) or through the Narrow Gate which leads to True Life (Heaven) at its end - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 30. What this means is though redeemed from God’s Old Law and curse, even in this new Law, if one refuses to obey still, one will end up in eternal damnation at the end - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. Yes, all those who will end up in Hell fire are all born-again. undecided
Okay.
Sir. The road is narrow because is only one person that can get you to heaven. No one else but Jesus.
The broad says Moses' law can get you in heaven, Mohammed can get you into heaven, your own works cm get you into heaven.
The narrow says only Jesus can get you into heaven.

2. And what is this new law sir?
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Kobojunkie: 6:43pm On Jan 29, 2023
Jumbojax:
■Okay.
Sir. The road is narrow because is only one person that can get you to heaven.
■ No one else but Jesus.
■ The broad says Moses' law can get you in heaven, Mohammed can get you into heaven, your own works cm get you into heaven.
The narrow says only Jesus can get you into heaven.
■ And what is this new law sir?
1. The gate is Narrow because it is fraught with rules and only those who obey those rules will make it through the gate. undecided

2. Why would Jesus Christ need to make it through the Narrow Gate when He is Himself the Narrow gate - John 10 vs 7 - 16? undecided

3. That is confusion that comes from your pastors and Mogs, not from scripture. Instead what scriptures says of the Broad gate is that it is used by those who wish to be saved from God's Old Covenant Law but really have no desire to turn away from their sinful ways. undecided

4. Jesus Christ is God's New agreement and Law in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 26 vs 28 - 30. undecided
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 06, 2023
Banilla:
How is it? What do we do there? What do we become?

I'll take any answer whether it's your opinion, a vision, from a holy book.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is It A Sin Not To Attend Sunday Service? / How To Identify Satanic Churches / Grace Testimony From Nigeria : Freed From Condemnation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.