Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

What Is Heaven Like? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Heaven Like? (11133 Views)

Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? / Is Heaven Real? / 3 Viral Images Of "Jesus" In 3 Months! Is Heaven Trying To Say Something To Us? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by wirinet(m): 6:45am On Jan 16, 2023
helicoptarr:

Location of Heaven:
Look up into the sky with your eyes, telescope, Hubbe Space Telescope, James Webb Telescope or any more powerful lenses, what do you see
?

If eventually, man is able to see the end of the universe, that very end is our side of the fence between our dimension and Heaven. Take a moment to sink that in.

Why is God is always running from human knowledge.

In prehistoric times God or rather the Gods was residing high in the mountains
After mountain climbers were able to conquer the mountains, God ran above the clouds. When man started building planes and balloons that went beyond the clouds, God ran away to outer space. When man built rockets and conquered outer space, God ran away to the edge of the universe. Man now built Hubble space telescope and James Webb Telescope to look at the edge of the universe. God has now ran beyond the edge of the universe.

What happens if man is somehow able to look beyond the edge of the universe? Will he finally find God there or God will run away again to beyond all universes?

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:55am On Jan 16, 2023
MrPRevailer:

Banilla

From my Bible knowledge, I'm of the opinion that those who are called to the wedding of the Lamb (Revelation 19:9) will have their place in New Heaven.
While those who are resurrected after the great Tribulation (Revelation 20:4) will have their place in the New Earth.

John 14:1 "In my Father's house are many mansions. I go to prepare a place for you".

This is wrong.

Heaven, as used by the Bible, is the curve of the sky (the firmament) and everything visible and invisible to the eye from earth.

When the Bible said In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth it meant that God created the universe.

Now, God will destroy the old heaven and earth. This means that God will destroy the universe, and there will be a new universe.

We would all live on the new earth.

However, what I am not sure is whether there are humans on some other planets in the universe.

It might surprise you to know that NASA has discovered a planet they termed the " new earth"

Just like our own earth, it is in the habitable zone of its star, and should have water to sustain life.

So, who knows?
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by awoluyi(m): 7:36am On Jan 16, 2023
Banilla:
But what is it like? No one knows? Someone here said all we do is sing there. Is this true?

This is one of the problems with religious beliefs?
How do you believe in something you have no idea about? Just faith.
A huge difficulty confronting evangelism presently!
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by helicoptarr: 11:06am On Jan 16, 2023
wirinet:

Why is God is always running from human knowledge.

In prehistoric times God or rather the Gods was residing high in the mountains
After mountain climbers were able to conquer the mountains, God ran above the clouds. When man started building planes and balloons that went beyond the clouds, God ran away to outer space. When man built rockets and conquered outer space, God ran away to the edge of the universe. Man now built Hubble space telescope and James Webb Telescope to look at the edge of the universe. God has now ran beyond the edge of the universe.

What happens if man is somehow able to look beyond the edge of the universe? Will he finally find God there or God will run away again to beyond all universes?

Objectively sound enquiry!

Finding is reserved for those who search, after all.

Provided the method employed in the search is the established method approved of by the One Who is being searched out.

Let me ask you a question, sir. If right now God asks if you'd like to see Him with your bare eyes, would you oblige Him?
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:44pm On Jan 16, 2023
KidCode:
A dreamer doesn't know he's in a dream, you can spend a year in a dream only to wake up to find out it was only a dream (your imagination) and everyone you saw was formed by you

A dreamer is supposed to know that he is in a dream. The difference is too clear that he can not miss it.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:52pm On Jan 16, 2023
VenumX:

Now you are talking. No be that ode gibberish wey you type before.

And no be only virginity dey give blessings. If your heart black, sorry for you.

God bless man well well and He pack many blessings for different places for man to get.

But without virginity, man blessings no go get all of them and na only drops of blessings e go dey get instead of full cup wey e go drink bellyfull, yet e still remain hence wey make David talk say "my cup running over". Without virginity, you no go get that one.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by justlove91(m): 2:58pm On Jan 16, 2023
Banilla:
How is it? What do we do there? What do we become?

I'll take any answer whether it's your opinion, a vision, from a holy book.

Thanks.
Here
https://www.nairaland.com/5665158/life-world-unseen
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by MrPRevailer(m): 3:28pm On Jan 16, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

This is wrong.

Heaven, as used by the Bible, is the curve of the sky (the firmament) and everything visible and invisible to the eye from earth.

When the Bible said In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth it meant that God created the universe.

Now, God will destroy the old heaven and earth. This means that God will destroy the universe, and there will be a new universe.

However, what I am not sure is whether there are humans on some other planets in the universe.

It might surprise you to know that NASA has discovered a planet they termed the " new earth"

Just like our own earth, it is in the habitable zone of its star, and should have water to sustain life.

So, who knows?

For you to believe there might be humans on earth-like planets somehow is a dent on your knowledge of the Bible.

Bible has told us what God did in the creation. Moreover, it is called "the Earth" not "an Earth" or "Earths"
And he created Man on the Earth.

Concerning New Heaven, it's not something to really debate on. Whether it's a new Universe or a New dwelling place of God. It's doesn't affect our faith.

But you know, the living place of a single man is not the same as the living place of a married man. grin
Revelation 21:5 "Behold, I make all things new."

I strongly believe many Saints will have their place in Heaven according to John 14:1-2,
See Ephesians 1:3,20, Ephesians 2:6

"and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,"
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by InvertedHammer: 3:34pm On Jan 16, 2023
MrPRevailer:

Banilla

The righteous will have a glorious body.

Philippians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
/

Just like the rest of us, you don't know.

You are relying on a supposed letter written to the Philippians by another human to buttress your ignorance.

/
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by MrPRevailer(m): 3:39pm On Jan 16, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/

Just like the rest of us, you don't know.

You are relying on a supposed letter written to the Philippians by another human to buttress your ignorance.

/

You don't believe in the Bible. So I'm not having a word with you.

But I challenge you to come to the Lord's Chosen Church. God is demonstrating his power there. A trial will convince you.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:52pm On Jan 16, 2023
MrPRevailer:

For you to believe there might be humans on earth-like planets somehow is a dent on your knowledge of the Bible.

Bible has told us what God did in the creation. Moreover, it is called "the Earth" not "an Earth" or "Earths"
And he created Man on the Earth.

Concerning New Heaven, it's not something to really debate on. Whether it's a new Universe or a New dwelling place of God. It's doesn't affect our faith.

But you know, the living place of a single man is not the same as the living place of a married man. grin

The Bible is not totally a reliable book. That is a fact, especially on the cosmos.

The Bible is filled with scientific inaccuracies, which indicates that the Bible was never meant to be an authority on science or the cosmos.

I can't hold to be true the claim that there is only one habitable planet in the vast universe because a moral book said so.

The Bible could not even describe our own earth accurately. It could not even describe our sky correctly.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:05pm On Jan 16, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

...The Bible could not even describe our own earth accurately. It could not even describe our sky correctly.

This is crap. The Bible did say the earth was sphere and described the things we see.

And it was speaking to man's good faring so it was not trying to be an astrological or scientific book. Every reasonable person can immediately see that but you guys are just plain unreasonable.

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by MrPRevailer(m): 4:15pm On Jan 16, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

The Bible is not totally a reliable book. That is a fact, especially on the cosmos.

The Bible is filled with scientific inaccuracies, which indicates that the Bible was never meant to be an authority on science or the cosmos.

I can't hold to be true the claim that there is only one habitable planet in the vast universe because a moral book said so.

The Bible could not even describe our own earth accurately. It could not even describe our sky correctly.

Really? Can you quote that passage?

I was wondering why you left this part of my comment out but never mind.

I strongly believe many Saints will have their place in Heaven according to John 14:1-2,
See Ephesians 1:3,20, Ephesians 2:6

"and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,"

So you are not really a bible-believing Christian. Tell me what book do you trust as the most accurate word of God?
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:16pm On Jan 16, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Only the heaven (whatever they all mean to God and not to us men) and this earth that is to be destroyed.

If what we call universe is part of the heaven which God says it's heaven, then it would be destroyed and there is absolutely no thing you can do about it.

BluntTheApostle:

What a presumptuous and wish backed thinking. Even your neighbour's empty house you can not claim is it now a new earth?

You are toy and toys can not decide where they shall live.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:49pm On Jan 16, 2023
MrPRevailer:

Really? Can you quote that passage?

What passage do you want me to quote?

I was wondering why you left this part of my comment out but never mind.

Heaven is used to mean three things in the Bible:

i. The sky and everything visible and not visible to the human eye.

ii. The dwelling place of God.

iii. A state of total bliss.

So you are not really a bible-believing Christian. Tell me what book do you trust as the most accurate word of God?

Indeed.

It is my opinion that the Bible is both a historical and an allegorical book. It is not any more inspired by God or the Creator than Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe.

The Creation Story, for example, is a Jewish myth. Every culture has its own creation story. I am a Yoruba, and we have our own creation story.

The Flood Story is historical, but exaggerated. There was a regional flood, never a global flood.

And so on and so forth.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by MrPRevailer(m): 6:28pm On Jan 16, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

What passage do you want me to quote?

Heaven is used to mean three things in the Bible:

i. The sky and everything visible and not visible to the human eye.

ii. The dwelling place of God.

iii. A state of total bliss.

Indeed.

It is my opinion that the Bible is both a historical and an allegorical book. It is not any more inspired by God or the Creator than Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe.

The Creation Story, for example, is a Jewish myth. Every culture has its own creation story. I am a Yoruba, and we have our own creation story.

The Flood Story is historical, but exaggerated. There was a regional flood, never a global flood.

And so on and so forth.

So what religion are you and what do you hold as your most authentic or sacred book?
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:21pm On Jan 16, 2023
MrPRevailer:

So what religion are you

I am not a religious person.

I am a lover and follower of Christ.

What do you hold as your most authentic or sacred book?

The Bible cheesy

But in matters of science and cosmology, I have more faith in NASA than the Bible.

The Bible shows us the way to salvation. It is a guide to salvation. Christ is the way.

The Bible is not a history book or a scientific book. It is an absolutely unreliable source for understanding the history or cosmology of that time or age.

So, I remain open-minded concerning extraterrestrial lives, even though the Bible did not mention them because I don't see the Bible as an authority on such matters.

I am of the belief that the universe is too vast for there to be only one habitable planet.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Banilla: 7:29pm On Jan 16, 2023
SPAMBOX7:
angry
You never responded. How are you? smiley
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:29pm On Jan 16, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

I am a lover and follower of Christ.

You claim you love Christ yet you do not recognise His Voice and that is He Who Speaks from Genesis to Deuteronomy?

And you called Him a Liar!

O God, how long shall the adversary reproach? shall the enemy blaspheme thy name for ever?
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:40pm On Jan 16, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You claim you love Christ yet you do not recognise His Voice and that is He Who Speaks from Genesis to Deuteronomy?

And you called Him a Liar!

O God, how long shall the adversary reproach? shall the enemy blaspheme thy name for ever?

I have not said I don't believe in the Bible.

I said the Bible is both a historical and allegorical book.

My belief in the Bible is relative.

If you say the Bible only mentioned one Earth, which then means there can never be another habitable planet in the universe, then I am not a Bible-believing Christian, because I don't consider the Bible an authority on such matters.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:50pm On Jan 16, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

I have not said I don't believe in the Bible.

I said the Bible is both a historical and allegorical book.

I did not accuse you of not believing the Bible I accused you of calling Jesus a Liar!

BluntTheApostle:
which then means there can never be another habitable planet in the universe, then I am not a Bible-believing Christian, because I don't consider the Bible an authority on such matters...

Every reasonable person can see that the Bible is concerned with our good welfare.

It did not care about those things we call planets but about our good well beingp
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:04pm On Jan 16, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

I did not accuse you of not believing the Bible I accused you of calling Jesus a Liar!

Every reasonable person can see that the Bible is concerned with our good welfare.

It did not care about those things we call planets but about our good well beingp

How did I call Jesus a liar?
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by OyinO: 11:05am On Jan 17, 2023
Napata77:

You should have explained yourself better. Your post simply said the concept of heaven was Greek mythology, making it appear as if we learnt about the existence of the afterlife from Greeks.

You have a point. You're 100% correct. The heaven I was referring to is the Greek Heaven as presented in the Bible.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:06pm On Jan 17, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

How did I call Jesus a liar?

Ain't these your statements?

BluntTheApostle:

There was a regional flood, never a global flood."

Isn't Jesus Christ, God?

The same He Who Speaks from Genesis to Deuteronomy and He clearly said there was a global flood that covered mount Everest?
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:27pm On Jan 17, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Ain't these your statements?

Isn't Jesus Christ, God?

The same He Who Speaks from Genesis to Deuteronomy and He clearly said there was a global flood that covered mount Everest?

There was only a regional flood (at least, there is evidence for that).

The global flood is an exaggeration.

God is not a liar, but nowhere, even in the Bible, did it say the Bible is inerrant on matters of physical or cosmological details.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:30pm On Jan 17, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

There was only a regional flood (at least, there is evidence for that).

Therefore by these, you clearly say God is Lying!
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:43pm On Jan 17, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Therefore by these, you say God is Lying!

No. God did not lie. But the Bible is not perfect either.

How can you explain these two contradictory verses:

And of every living thing, of all flesh, you shall bring two of every kind into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female. Of the birds according to their kinds, and of the animals according to their kinds, of every creeping thing of the ground according to its kind, two of every kind shall come in to you, to keep them alive. (Genesis 6:19-20)

AND

Take with you seven pairs of all clean animals, the male and its mate; and a pair of the animals that are not clean, the male and its mate; and seven pairs of the birds of the air also, male and female, to keep their kind alive on the face of all the earth. (Genesis 7:2-3)
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:56pm On Jan 17, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

No. God did not lie. But the Bible is not perfect either.

The Bible is perfect it is your understanding that is imperfect.

BluntTheApostle:

How can you explain these two contradictory verses:

And of every living thing, of all

Simply 2 different commands given at 2 different occasions in fulfilment of The Lord's Plan as The Lord deemed fit to give. No different from a Boss telling you to take printer and laptop on Monday and still told you take another printer and laptop on Tuesday.

As I said your imperfect understanding.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:00pm On Jan 17, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

The Bible is perfect it is your understanding that is imperfect.

Simply 2 different commands given at 2 different occasions in fulfilment of The Lord's Plan as The Lord deemed fit to give. No different from a Boss telling you to take printer and laptop on Monday and still told you take another printer and laptop on Tuesday.

As I said your imperfect understanding.

SMH.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:01pm On Jan 17, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

SMH.

See, no reasonable counter!
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:23pm On Jan 17, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

See, no reasonable counter!

Let me expand the contradictions.

FIRST ACCOUNT: And of every living thing, of all flesh, you shall bring two of every kind into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female. Of the birds according to their kinds, and of the animals according to their kinds, of every creeping thing of the ground according to its kind, two of every kind shall come in to you, to keep them alive.” (Genesis 6; 19-20)

SECOND ACCOUNT: Take with you seven pairs of all clean animals, the male and its mate; and a pair of the animals that are not clean, the male and its mate; 3 and seven pairs of the birds of the air also, male and female, to keep their kind alive on the face of all the earth.” (Genesis 7; 2-3)

NOW, look at how the animals actually went into the ark:

Of clean animals, and of animals that are not clean, and of birds, and of everything that creeps on the ground, two and two, male and female, went into the ark with Noah, as God had commanded Noah.” (Genesis 7; 8-9)

You can obviously see that there were inconsistencies in the Flood story.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:09am On Jan 18, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Let me expand the contradictions.

In the end you explained nothing. You just simply repeated the commands. As I said your lack of understanding and you still gave no rebuttal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is Your Favourite Gospel Song? / 7 Most Visited 'catholic' Adoration Ministries In Naija With Shocking Miracles / 2023: Prayers Of Intercession By Churches Keeping Nigeria Together - Kumuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.