Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

What Is Heaven Like? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Heaven Like? (11143 Views)

Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? / Is Heaven Real? / 3 Viral Images Of "Jesus" In 3 Months! Is Heaven Trying To Say Something To Us? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by KidCode: 11:50am On Jan 15, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Hmm! Interesting you did not explode the way sonmvayina would have. Hmm.

Christ in us, means heaven is in us okay.

But Christ is Spirit and since we put away our flesh to access the Spirit, then we are outside the flesh. Which means heaven is outside us.
A dreamer doesn't know he's in a dream, you can spend a year in a dream only to wake up to find out it was only a dream (your imagination) and everyone you saw was formed by you

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by tctrills: 11:54am On Jan 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Heaven is only possible for those who are born-again. So, why worry about that which does not concern you? undecided
Judge of the jungle. How do you know he is not born again.

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Bearfruit(f): 11:54am On Jan 15, 2023
Banilla:
How is it? What do we do there? What do we become?

I'll take any answer whether it's your opinion, a vision, from a holy book.

Thanks.
eyes have not neither have ears heard mind have not imagine what the Lord God Almighty have in-store for those that love him that is what the Bible says, though what I draw from the word of God is there will be abundant of peace there in his holy mountain.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by FireUpNow(m): 12:00pm On Jan 15, 2023
OP read the bible and know how it looks like or better still go and ask your pastor to tell you. No one alive today have ever been there to tell us about heaven
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by CaptMarvel(m): 12:02pm On Jan 15, 2023
Banilla:

Thanks.
Heaven is a place of bliss. It's the homeland of God, Saints and Angels.

Apart from many highly developed worlds and planets that exists in the multiverse to which humans have not been able to grab or see with naked eyes heaven stood out.

What do we do? - just like what we do on earth, it's same we do in heaven but with a higher level of life, process and ability.

What do we become? We become something entirely different from earthly beings. Much more than what DC and MCU present to us as super humans or super hero.

Happy Sunday All smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by KidCode: 12:07pm On Jan 15, 2023
Obarofrederick:
please I would need them. Just give me the names, I can download them
if you're just starting out to know more about your higher self and the truth
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle should get you started

Post will be updated on deep meditation books__ shalom

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Obarofrederick(m): 12:11pm On Jan 15, 2023
KidCode:
if you're just starting out to know more about your higher self and the truth
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle should get you started

Post will be updated on deep meditation books__ shalom
Thanks. I really appreciate. I just downloaded the PDF version

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by OLULAW: 12:15pm On Jan 15, 2023
Heaven is a concoction of the inventors of religion. It's delusional to think heaven and hell exist. It does only in imagination.

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:16pm On Jan 15, 2023
Banilla:

Thanks.

Heaven is a state of everlasting peace and everlasting happiness.

We don't go to heaven, rather we experience heaven.

At the end of time, the heaven and the earth will be destroyed, and there will be a new heaven and a new earth.

On this new earth, we will experience heaven (a state of endless joy and happiness where there will not be death, no darkness, no suffering, no anguish).

To your last question. What would we be?

We will be like God in Holiness. That is, we will be incapable of sinning. In short, we would be perfect. We would be new creatures.

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:18pm On Jan 15, 2023
Just like an ant does not understand the sky the solar system or the ocean, or humans and its perception, so also we humans may not understand the nature of other realities.

But like a moth, at the appropriate time will be transformed, assuming perfect knowledge is ignorance itself.

The nature of this physical reality itself is weird, as well as in the quantum scale, a lot of physics do not apply.

OLULAW:
Heaven is a concoction of the inventors of religion. It's delusional to think heaven and hell exist. It does only in imagination.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by OyinO: 12:19pm On Jan 15, 2023
It's what it is - GREEK MYTHOLOGY.

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by OyinO: 12:19pm On Jan 15, 2023
AyemafugeILAJE:
I've seen it

Yeah, in your mental imagination and dreams. It doesn't exist outside your mind.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by OLULAW: 12:20pm On Jan 15, 2023
SeriouslySense:
Just like an ant does not understand the sky the solar system or the ocean, or humans and its perception, so also we humans may not understand the nature of other realities.

But like a moth, at the appropriate time will be transformed, assuming perfect knowledge is ignorance itself.

Lazy thinking.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:21pm On Jan 15, 2023
smiley smiley
OLULAW:

Lazy thinking.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by faithfull18(f): 12:30pm On Jan 15, 2023
A place with no pain, no death, no suffering, with streets made of gold. Lord Jesus, help me make heaven.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by stephenponti(m): 12:55pm On Jan 15, 2023
heaven is not a place to go, it's a kingdom withing you!

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Ronjule: 12:55pm On Jan 15, 2023
Heaven is beyond what the human mind can describe. I have seen a glimpse of it, beautiful is an understatement. Pls pray earnestly and live a righteous life to be a part of it.
God help us not to miss it

3 Likes

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by pargelenis(m): 1:01pm On Jan 15, 2023
It is a scientifically unproven construct.

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Adakintroy: 1:05pm On Jan 15, 2023
Exactly like were you were before you Came. Here.

You know that place you were if you can REMEMBER.

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by SeriouslySense(m): 1:20pm On Jan 15, 2023
This is why He says, seek first the kingdom of God and its righteousness.

We ought to grow in this, and live our lives like how we would in heaven, we should be full of grace resisting sin at least striving, forgiveness (light in heart), even praying for your enemies, for their good, because in heaven God's life is perfect and good and as we seek for this, we will find it in Jesus name, the second Adam is a life giving spirit. He will give to those who seek the living waters, we will find rest.

No philosophy or wisdom can take you there, there is only one way, knowing the Lord.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by LOVEGINO(m): 1:21pm On Jan 15, 2023
Banilla:

Thanks.
baba na prayer and praises 24hrs cuz no food, no alcohol & no sex.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by membranus: 1:23pm On Jan 15, 2023
badBADbichh:
Dey there dey Jones
Heaven is just an illusion
Hell is just a threat
Live and let live.
We're living our turn now.
Next 100yrs, Earth will have new tenants.
Me and you will be dead, gone and forgotten.
Forever!!!
So will it continue indefinitely...

When you are dead, gone and forgotten on earth, what happens to your SOUL after life on earth?

Have you ever consider that?

Read books or testimonies about after death experiences with an open mind, and stop endangering your soul. It is wise for you to do so.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by badBADbichh(f): 1:26pm On Jan 15, 2023
membranus:

When you are dead, gone and forgotten on earth, what happens to your SOUL after life on earth?

Have you ever consider that?

Read books or testimonies about after death experiences with an open mind, and stop endangering your soul. It is wise for you to do so.
Thank you for your concern for my soul.
I'm not too sure I'm so concerned about it myself.
But I'm sure I've read more books and endured more testimonies than you could ever imagine.
Do your own, make I do my own.
Believe what you must. I believe my own.
No quarrel...

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Stephen0mozzy: 1:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. We are talking about being eternally conscious of your existence. At least when you die and are turned to dust you cease to exist. i.e. finally rest from the worries of this world. But being eternal means there is no end to you. Are you sure this is what you want for yourself? Once you are in, there is out. undecided

2. You don't mind having to sell all you have to give it away to the poor? You don't mind abandoning your family, friends, reputation, ego, self-worth, status in society, etc. all so you can become a slave to God? You are ready to even have to be killed by others for choosing to live for God and not for yourself? undecided

Just your opinion in more words than necessary. Heaven is not in any of these. You can only authoritatively talk about the terms of 'qualifying' for heaven, if you've been there before.

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by luckyjojo: 2:14pm On Jan 15, 2023
The bible clearly told Us how heaven looks like. It is a city made of gold where there will be no pain, sorry nor death. It is a place of endless joy.
Our stay here is for a limited time but life in heaven is eternal.
Prepare to be there.

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by PrinceMajestic: 2:20pm On Jan 15, 2023
These same bunch of IDIOTS do not believe in Boko Haram heaven of 72 virgins. You all are simply IDIOTS & LUNATICS

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
Boyooosa:

But it was explicitly described in the revelation, the last chapter....

God only arranged for humans to live on planet earth but as for heavens humans have no business there! Psalms 115:16

That's why Jesus said those that will be taken for that system will be transformed into spirit beings (angels) Luke 20:34-36
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by TruthHurts100: 2:47pm On Jan 15, 2023
Banilla:

Thanks.

Heaven is meant for God and his angels. This earth he created for us to live forever.

We sinned, we grow old and die which was never part of God's plan for us.

God started fixing us by sending his son do die a sacrificial death on our behalf. That death paved way for our sins to be removed.

God will wipe out all wicked people from this earth, he will extend the rulership of his kingdom here. Satan and his demons will also be destroyed.

Then the lovers of God will inherit a new world forever.

Though some people are chosen to go to heaven, they are numbered and the Bible tells us they are going to rule with Christ.
But they tell you every good people go to heaven, if every good person goes to heaven and bad people go to hell, who will those gone to heaven rule upon? Think about it. And if its true that heaven is that good and cheap to go to, why are these people afraid of dying and continuing to gathering so much wealth on an earth they won't live in? Think about it too.

Those going to heaven must be born again but what they tell you is involved in getting born again today is a big lie.

If you want to know more, ask.

Shalom
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by judedwriter(m): 2:56pm On Jan 15, 2023
A place full of fullness of joy in God's presence and righteousness forever more!

2 Likes

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Lincton: 3:11pm On Jan 15, 2023
Heaven as described by the Holy Bible is destination for the Saints, the Holy ones. A place where there is no death, pain, sorrow but joy for evermore.

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by spartan117(m): 3:20pm On Jan 15, 2023
Banilla:

I forgot. When I become born again, my past would be behind me, it wouldn't matter. That's reassuring.

I don't mind. I am willing to give up everything.
The person you are speaking to is a notorious false prophet sent by the devil to mislead people on this platform. All what he has told you so far are grevious lies mixed with half truths that will ensure you don't make heaven.

If you really want to be saved I'll advise you run into the closest RCCG, Winners or Christ Embassy branch in your area today. Tell them you want to receive Christ and will like to speak with a counselor.

I attend none of the churches listed above. I mentioned them because they are the most widespread Jesus believing churches I know.

God bless you.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by NovusHomo(m): 3:36pm On Jan 15, 2023
Banilla:

Thanks.

Heaven is a lie. jesus, too, is a lie. I don't know which one is the bigger lie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Biblical Inerrancy / Dr Myles Munroe Spoke About His Death, Before The Plane Crash. / Rccg Sunday School Manual(23/07/2017) Rapture: Purpose And Qualification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.