Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,987 members, 7,828,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

What Is Heaven Like? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Heaven Like? (11123 Views)

Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? / Is Heaven Real? / 3 Viral Images Of "Jesus" In 3 Months! Is Heaven Trying To Say Something To Us? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by NovusHomo(m): 3:37pm On Jan 15, 2023
UnusualEmissary:
You mean Paradise? Simple definition. It's a reward for those who fulfil God's purpose on earth and its content and quality is far far far sophisticated than anything you can imagine.

You can forget about the rest of the details.

Have you been there?
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by sonmvayina(m): 3:39pm On Jan 15, 2023
newdawn2017:
u hate d light u re the likes of zombiedients. Shutting ur mind to clear reasoning & not embracing Sowore & AAC at all levels come 2023 general elections despite his fight & actions for d liberation of fellow Nigerians, calling out government to fulfill campaign promises.

Who is your supplier....

I think he is mixing some things in your batch..

I suggest you stop patronising him...

A word is enough for the wise..
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by meobizy(f): 3:52pm On Jan 15, 2023
Heaven is an imaginary place hence will look how you anticipate. A child will imagine a land of ice cream and chocolate. An adult male will imagine a brothel or immense wealth. I do not care because it doesn’t exist.

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Cheasystickylov: 4:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. We are talking about being eternally conscious of your existence. At least when you die and are turned to dust you cease to exist. i.e. finally rest from the worries of this world. But being eternal means there is no end to you. Are you sure this is what you want for yourself? Once you are in, there is out. undecided

2. You don't mind having to sell all you have to give it away to the poor? You don't mind abandoning your family, friends, reputation, ego, self-worth, status in society, etc. all so you can become a slave to God? You are ready to even have to be killed by others for choosing to live for God and not for yourself? undecided
grin grin grin. U nor well
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Cheasystickylov: 4:45pm On Jan 15, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Your first obstacle is would God forgive you?

If you have burnt out your forgiveness grace, nothing for you.

And especially you women, in spite of the fact that your mother Eve destroyed everything, God still tried giving you people a chance but no you people always always reject His Hand and follow the ways of your mother Eve.

So I don't think you have any grace left especially when you sold your virginity in spite of God's Help and Warning!
grin grin grin , damnnnnn

1 Like

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2023
Jones4190:
if you want to understand the concept of heaven and how it look like, download the book of Enoch and read it

I thought the book is not made available to download
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Israeli072011(m): 5:16pm On Jan 15, 2023
The best description I can give is for you to think of the most happiest moment in your life, the happiness out felt, the zenith of that happiness is how you would be forever and ever in heaven.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:19pm On Jan 15, 2023
Templee333:
It is that imaginary place where hypocrites say they will go and enjoy their lives after their wickedness on earth.

You asshhh
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 15, 2023
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Kobojunkie: 6:23pm On Jan 15, 2023
nijalive:
type with sense, slowpoke
I see that that simple message there went over your head. lipsrsealed
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Kobojunkie: 6:25pm On Jan 15, 2023
stephenponti:
heaven is not a place to go, it's a kingdom withing you!
That isn't true at all. The Kingdom of you is inside of you, not Heaven or Hell itself. undecided
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On Jan 15, 2023
Adakintroy:
Exactly like were you were before you Came. Here.

You know that place you were if you can REMEMBER.
Impossible! In Genesis 3 vs 19, you are told that you were made from the dust of this world meaning you didn't exist before your parents made you. undecided
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Jumbojax(m): 6:27pm On Jan 15, 2023
Banilla:
I have lived a sinful life. I don't want to turn to dust or burn in hell for all eternity.

I need to know what I'm earning before I decide to be born again. smiley
Heaven is a perfect place filled with perfect ppl, but we are not and thats why The Good God of the universe came down to the earth lived a perfect life and died for imperfect ppl. So that if we believe in Jesus Christ alone and trust in Him alone and His life work and not our own works or repentance ( Matthew 6:33) We will be with Him forever in His perfect paradise heaven
Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that NOT of yourselves: it is the GIFT of God:
NOT of works, lest any man should boast.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Kobojunkie: 6:29pm On Jan 15, 2023
membranus:
■ When you are dead, gone and forgotten on earth, what happens to your SOUL after life on earth?

■ Have you ever consider that? Read books or testimonies about after death experiences with an open mind, and stop endangering your soul. It is wise for you to do so.
1. Only those who have eternal life have an afterlife to worry about, for all others.... from dust of this earth their mind, body, and soul were made and to dust their mind, body, and soul will return after death - Genesis 3 vs 19 -22. undecided

2. Delusions from people who had near death experiences aren't truth.. undecided
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On Jan 15, 2023
Stephen0mozzy:
■ Just your opinion in more words than necessary. ■ Heaven is not in any of these. You can only authoritatively talk about the terms of 'qualifying' for heaven, if you've been there before.
1. I am afraid you are mistaken as everything stated there is found right in the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Law for all those who are born-again. undecided

2. According to Jesus Christ, the one who is King over Heaven and over Hell, the only Way to enter into Heaven at the end is to live your existence here on earth in continuous submission and obedience of His teachings and commandments, the Gospel and Truth of God in the Kingdom of God.. undecided

The reason I seem to speak authoritatively about the terms has to do with the fact that I accept what the King of Heaven has decreed as the Way into His Heaven. undecided
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Kobojunkie: 6:41pm On Jan 15, 2023
Cheasystickylov:
grin grin grin. U nor well
Na wetin Jesus Christ talk be that. I am simply relaying His message which is over 2000 years old and going strong. undecided
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Kobojunkie: 6:47pm On Jan 15, 2023
Tombrown3:

Heaven is for those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
All those who will end up in Hell are also all born-again.. undecided
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by sonmvayina(m): 7:30pm On Jan 15, 2023
The kingdom of heaven is within you, whosoever shall know himself shall find it
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Alive2018: 8:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
Joy. Sweet Joy.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by cobby14(m): 9:06pm On Jan 15, 2023
Heaven is filled with nothing but Joy,Love and No pain.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by MrPRevailer(m): 9:53pm On Jan 15, 2023
InvertedHammer:
/
The Bible tells us that heaven is a place with mansions and roads paved with gold. Why would a spirit want to live in a mansion with physical structures paved with gold?

The translation of the Bible from Greek to Latin to English really distorted the whole message. If you read the original Latin version of the Bible, you will be distraught at the level of misinformation lost in translation. Eg. Lucifer was used interchangeably with Christ. But the English translation totally ascribed Lucifer to Satan. Go figure!

/
Banilla

The righteous will have a glorious body.

Philippians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Kobojunkie: 9:58pm On Jan 15, 2023
MrPRevailer:
■The righteous will have a glorious body.

Philippians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
1. When Jesus Christ rose from the dead, did He switch bodies before He ascended into Heaven? He went up in the same body that He lived here on earth with so where does this idea of a glorious body come from when it does not come from even Jesus Christ who is described as a human being in Heaven — prophecy by Daniel? undecided
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by MrPRevailer(m): 9:59pm On Jan 15, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Heaven is a state of everlasting peace and everlasting happiness.

We don't go to heaven, rather we experience heaven.

At the end of time, the heaven and the earth will be destroyed, and there will be a new heaven and a new earth.

On this new earth, we will experience heaven (a state of endless joy and happiness where there will not be death, no darkness, no suffering, no anguish).

To your last question. What would we be?

We will be like God in Holiness. That is, we will be incapable of sinning. In short, we would be perfect. We would be new creatures.

Banilla

From my Bible knowledge, I'm of the opinion that those who are called to the wedding of the Lamb (Revelation 19:9) will have their place in New Heaven.
While those who are resurrected after the great Tribulation (Revelation 20:4) will have their place in the New Earth.

John 14:1 "In my Father's house are many mansions. I go to prepare a place for you".
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by MrPRevailer(m): 10:03pm On Jan 15, 2023
stephenponti:
heaven is not a place to go, it's a kingdom withing you!
Jehovah's witness?

John 14:1, Revelation 21:1-6

2 Corinthians 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knowethwink such an one caught up to the third heaven.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by MrPRevailer(m): 10:07pm On Jan 15, 2023
spartan117:

The person you are speaking to is a notorious false prophet sent by the devil to mislead people on this platform. All what he has told you so far are grevious lies mixed with half truths that will ensure you don't make heaven.

If you really want to be saved I'll advise you run into the closest RCCG, Winners or Christ Embassy branch in your area today. Tell them you want to receive Christ and will like to speak with a counselor.

I attend none of the churches listed above. I mentioned them because they are the most widespread Jesus believing churches I know.

God bless you.

You didn't remember the Lord's Chosen.
The Lord's Chosen is where God himself has been directing unbelievers/sinners and pastors to.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by MrPRevailer(m): 10:17pm On Jan 15, 2023
Jumbojax:
Heaven is a perfect place filled with perfect ppl, but we are not and thats why The Good God of the universe came down to the earth lived a perfect life and died for imperfect ppl. So that if we believe in Jesus Christ alone and trust in Him alone and His life work and not our own works or repentance ( Matthew 6:33) We will be with Him forever in His perfect paradise heaven
Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that NOT of yourselves: it is the GIFT of God:
NOT of works, lest any man should boast.
Banilla

I hope it's not where you are going with this?
Don't misunderstand that scripture. Although, we trust in his grace, we must abstain from all appearances of evil (1 Thessalonians 4:18, Mark 9:43, Romans 6:1, Revelation 21:8 ).....to name a few. There are so many verses.

1 Thessalonians 5:22 "Abstain from all appearances of evil"

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law."

Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by MrPRevailer(m): 10:36pm On Jan 15, 2023
Banilla

The dwelling place of God is extremely beautiful. How much more the New Heaven he creates. Read Revelation 21.

It's not only about what Heaven looks like (John 14:1-3). It's the eternal rewards. We shall be in God's likeness. That's the position the devil/fallen angel was fighting for.

Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Daniel 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Also see Phillipians 3:21
2 Corinthians 4:17

In Revelation 19:9-10, John the beloved was shown the wedding of the lamb in Heaven. He was so overwhelmed he fell down to worship the being that showed it to him. But was restrained.

If you want to read Revelations of people who went to Heaven and Hell and what they saw. The trusted source I know is
https://www.divinerevelations.info/

Yes. There are sources that cannot be trusted because the devil is out to deceive people. He can speak many truths and include a little lie which does it's evil work/damage.

COME TO THE LORD'S CHOSEN. Pitch your tent. Miracles, wonders, genuine Salvation, and a glorious Christian life awaits you.
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Napata77: 10:49pm On Jan 15, 2023
OyinO:
It's what it is - GREEK MYTHOLOGY.

You are wrong.

The concept of an Afterlife or 'Spirit world' where we return to after physical death is thousands of years older than Greek mythology.

Africans have known about this realm for tens of thousands of years, long before the first white man existed.

In fact the Greeks learnt about the Mysteries from our Egyptian black ancestors.

Igbos call 'heaven' ala mmuo, the land of the spirits. They also call it 'enu igwe', (above the skies).

I'm sure you have a term for it in your own language.

Igbos have always known that ala mmuo is a place of peace and contentment, where sorrow is non-existent.

There is no concept of 'hellfire' among African cultures, and THAT is clearly a Greek/Roman invention which they designed to scare people into adopting their christian religion.

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by helicoptarr: 10:59pm On Jan 15, 2023

Location of Heaven:
Look up into the sky with your eyes, telescope, Hubbe Space Telescope, James Webb Telescope or any more powerful lenses, what do you see
?

If eventually, man is able to see the end of the universe, that very end is our side of the fence between our dimension and Heaven. Take a moment to sink that in.

The human mind can't quite capture, interpret, relay, describe, illustrate, explain the beauty of or thr phenomena in Heaven.

The purity of Heaven can't be described.
It's like asking a red ant in the forest to describe the Falcon 9 Space Rocket launched by SpaceX - no reference points right, it's not even enabled to see it if neae the launch site.

There are so many more colours in Heaven than are here in this fallen realm.
If a fallen realm has 10 billion colors, how many will its Source Realm possess?

Inhabitants of Heaven can and do communicate through telepathy.
...the way the Holy Spirit talks to His own. You just know the message despite never hearimg nor reading nor seeing proofs or references.

Everything is alive in Heaven. Even the plants and precious stones on the ground do joyfully make very sweet music to God.
Luke 19⁴⁰
And He answered and said unto them, “I tell you that if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.”

There are jobs waiting for us in Heaven - such are jobs that aren't not laborious at all. But the nature and description we'll learn when we get there.

Pleasures and Beauty with No End
If you relocate to your favorite country today you'll love the beauty of the place but only for while. The awe will eventually wear out. Tjat it, your human senses will get tired of it after some time.
But Heaven isn't like that at all because ... It is the city of the Most High - a Living City whose Source of light is Our HEAVENLY FATHER HIMSELF

Don't bother trting to imagine the beauty of God's presence and glory and holiness - just ensure you get there.
Angels are praising God genuinely everyday in Heaven because the beauty of His holiness constantly thrills and surprises the inhabitants of Heaven.
It can NOT be described.

Imagine what it will mean for you and I to be made God's sons and daughters? You have got no idea... so make sure to make it there!
Romans 8:14
"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."

Romans 8:15
"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; [i]but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father."
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by OyinO: 11:00pm On Jan 15, 2023
Napata77:

You are wrong.

The concept of an Afterlife or 'Spirit world' where we return to after physical death is thousands of years older than Greek mythology.

Africans have known about this realm for tens of thousands of years, long before the first white man existed.

In fact the Greeks learnt about the Mysteries from our Egyptian black ancestors.

Igbos call 'heaven' ala mmuo, the land of the spirits. They also call it 'enu igwe', (above the skies).

I'm sure you have a term for it in your own language.

Igbos have always known that ala mmuo is a place of peace and contentment, where sorrow is non-existent.

There is no concept of 'hellfire' among African cultures, and that is clearly a Greek/Roman invention which they designed to scare people into adopting their christian religion.

Well, you have tried by doing some justice to the subject matter but you have also succeeded in mixing them up.. However, the version you know about the Africans' is quite different from that of the Greco-Roman and European version. They stole and plagiarised the African version. But I'm surprised you are saying the same thing with me but saying I'm wrong. Anyways, Mighty kudos
Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Napata77: 11:02pm On Jan 15, 2023
OyinO:

Well, you have tried by doing some justice to the subject matter but you're far from the truth. You're mixing it up. The version you know about the Africans' is quite different from that of the Greco-Roman and European version.

THE WHITE VERSION IS A 3RD RATE COPY OF THE BLACK VERSION, BECAUSE BLACKS WERE ON EARTH THOUSANDS OF YEARS BEFORE WHITES EXISTED.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Heaven Like? by Napata77: 11:14pm On Jan 15, 2023
OyinO:

Well, you have tried by doing some justice to the subject matter but you have also succeeded in mixing them up.. However, the version you know about the Africans' is quite different from that of the Greco-Roman and European version. They stole and plagiarised the African version. But I'm surprised you are saying the same thing with me but saying I'm wrong. Anyways, Mighty kudos

You should have explained yourself better. Your post simply said the concept of heaven was Greek mythology, making it appear as if we learnt about the existence of the afterlife from Greeks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

1 John 5:7 Is A Pure Religious Fabrication !!! / Is It A Sin Not To Attend Sunday Service? / How To Identify Satanic Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.