Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,404 members, 7,836,618 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? (39519 Views)

Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Lady Without Both Hands And Legs Leading Worship In Church / RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Banderas(m): 5:03pm On Aug 28, 2007
Don't mind them o Dpumping. Nigerians always take things too far. I've seen different waves of christian beleifs over the years in Naija, even now, some people say R&B can't be christian, yet they are okay to sing hymns (though classical music started of as secular stuff).

There is NOTHING wrong with rings on pastors. There is NOTHING wrong with dreadlocs. There is NOTHING wrong with weaves. The problem is in people's minds.

I do however understand that as a pastor trying to reach out to people, you need to make an effort not to offend. But the offense is not from the pastor, but from the people who decide for some reason that the word of God can only be spread by people dressed in a certain manner.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by tundewoods(m): 5:36pm On Aug 28, 2007
Banderas:

There is NOTHING wrong with rings on pastors. There is NOTHING wrong with dreadlocs. There is NOTHING wrong with weaves. The problem is in people's minds.

I do however understand that as a pastor trying to reach out to people, you need to make an effort not to offend. But the offense is not from the pastor, but from the people who decide for some reason that the word of God can only be spread by people dressed in a certain manner.

@ Banderas

How well do you understand the holy scriptures of the Bible ? i aint going to judge you but from your post i doubt if you do.

Perception has a lot to do with propagation of the Word of God and salvation in particular.

Why not open a church in Nigeria or Uk and leave dread locks on your head.I bet you will have an audience that surely surpasses Rev Kings ( CPA )congregation.

Try it if you have the guts after all what does it matter.

I dont see anything bad with rings but when they exceed the normal wedding rings and are big,spooky looking and suspicious i guess there's a skeleton in the cupboard.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by ToyinOni(f): 6:17pm On Aug 28, 2007
Wonderful topic. (in quote). But how I wish we could leave out issues like this and allow God work on each one of us. Who are you to judge anybody, let alone a man or woman of God. Whether you like it or not they have been called and annointed by God. Remeember this scripture : Toouch not my annointed and do my prpophet no harm. Touching doesnt av to be physical it could be verbal assaults.

And I just hope you've not forgotten Miriam and Aaron in the biblle ( if you have check Numbers 12). Though Moses might have been wrong, yet,

Please be careful.

And as for the person asking about Juanita Bynum and Bishop Week, hope you are not trying to mock them. Be careful, If there's anything I fear its the WRATH OF GOD. BIKO, PLEASE, JOO, SAANU or whatever Hausa say. This is a seroius matter that we should tabe to od.

Lets put an end to this
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by justme3(m): 7:24pm On Aug 28, 2007
I dnt see anythin wrong with pastors putting on rings on both fingers
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 28, 2007
I heard that some of those rings they put on their fingers assist them somehow, spiritually, maybe in performing miracles,
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Shadie(f): 8:45pm On Aug 28, 2007
really there are other things one needs to focus on in life than observing if a pastor is wearing 2 rings, was that what u went to chuch to do? as regards dressing u shouldnt dress the way u like all the times if its going to make a brother or sister fall
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by warfarian(m): 12:32am On Aug 29, 2007
[s]What does it matter to you oga Damoche??[/s] it matter s alot broda, some of them even have up to 3 in thier fingers, ah i tink say na only me dey c am ohhh, them dey Bleep up, how a whole pastor go put those kind horrible rings for hand, some na for Occultic purpose, some for protection, some pastors self hnd no clean, some dey cult, some dey use am for miracle some dey use am for differen tins, so na only GOD go fit save us ohhh

many pastors i mean many dey wear, and i dey fear if i c am for pastor hand self
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by warfarian(m): 12:35am On Aug 29, 2007
[s]What does it matter to you oga Damoche??[/s] it matter s alot broda, some of them even have up to 3 in thier fingers, ah i tink say na only me dey c am ohhh, them dey Bleep up, how a whole pastor go put those kind horrible rings for hand, some na for Occultic purpose, some for protection, some pastors self hnd no clean, some dey cult, some dey use am for miracle some dey use am for differen tins, so na only GOD go fit save us ohhh

many pastors i mean many dey wear, and i dey fear if i c am for pastor hand self
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by tnaidaR(f): 2:13am On Aug 29, 2007
Why must we be ignorant to a fault Ohhh dear Lord, come fast!!! cry

Why must a freaking ring be an issue that discourages you? cry
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by marjson(m): 7:37am On Aug 29, 2007
;d god is good and wonderful, at least people attending those churches are satisfied with thier pastors putting on 2 rings , though my own pastor puts on only one ring, but lets live this topic for god to jugde and put us through,
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Faddy(m): 8:45am On Aug 29, 2007
I have never observed this before, but i will try and do that as from today.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by mystikal(m): 9:22am On Aug 29, 2007
my pastor doesnt
And really who cares?
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by chidesth(m): 9:51am On Aug 29, 2007
I think they receive the second ring on the day they were ordained as bishop. But you never can tell, as nothing is impossible these days. Many pastors want to perform miracle, so they are looking for it anywhere and any how.

I will only advice you to be very careful and concentrate of Jesus the Author and finisher of your faith.

You can ask those pastors by sending mails or letter to them.

Chidi
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by pilgrim1(f): 10:07am On Aug 29, 2007
chidesth:

I think they receive the second ring on the day they were ordained as bishop. But you never can tell, as nothing is impossible these days.

I knew someone would have the common sense to point that out sooner or later. Thank you. smiley
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by parisbaby: 11:03am On Aug 29, 2007
I don't know for how long this question has been on but it's something that interests me and that's why I'm posting a response.
For real I'd always wondered YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? When in this part of the world it's carnality to adorn some pieces of jewelry, you then see a PASTOR with two (or more) rings!
I was scared the first time I noticed it on a Bishop and it was at an anointing service, I quickly dodged cos really you never can tell with 'pastors' these days!
Fortunately, my pastors don't wear so it's relaxing for me to remain in my church.
After all said and done, I believe a reaction is always borne out of an earlier action; you know.
However, if it does not affect having the right relationship with God and Man, I mark it OK!
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by pilgrim1(f): 11:06am On Aug 29, 2007
Ohh my goodness! grin

Rings on both hands!

Jerrycurls with showercaps!

Frequently wiping their face with anointed white handkies.

Long chain with anointed brass and silver cross!

Make your pick - the topic no dey end! grin
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Banderas(m): 11:21am On Aug 29, 2007

@ Banderas

How well do you understand the holy scriptures of the Bible ? i aint going to judge you but from your post i doubt if you do.

Perception has a lot to do with propagation of the Word of God and salvation in particular.

Why not open a church in Nigeria or Uk and leave dread locks on your head.I bet you will have an audience that surely surpasses Rev Kings ( CPA )congregation.

Try it if you have the guts after all what does it matter.

I don't see anything bad with rings but when they exceed the normal wedding rings and are big,spooky looking and suspicious i guess there's a skeleton in the cupboard.

Mr Woods - You guess? You guess?? Man, come on. Your guesses have nothing to do with scripture. Spookiness is totally in your mind. I once took a course in metal work and made a ring. People said it was ugly, and looked like really weird. I bet if you had seen it, you would have called it demonic. But here's the thing, I made it MYSELF! No matter how it looked, it was not demonic, it was just a ring I made. The speed at which you guys use looks to judge things is really amazing, if the devil is the king of lies as the bible said, why would you think he would present himself in a manner that you would easily recognise? Demonic things exist, but I assure you, they are really not that easy to tell.

Regarding perception, let me tell you how frail perception is: During my mother's days in university, born again christians wouldn't wear jeans, because jeans was something that hippies in the UK and US wore. In other words, it was considered irresponsible, and possibly demonic.

If we go a bit further back in history, the first missionaries/explorers believed that africans (that means you mate) were evil because of the colour of their skin.

Here's my point: I can't stop the way people perceive things, especially people who are lacking in wisdom, these things will always happen. But when someone who professes to be a christian informs me that the way I dress or look affects my responsibility or christianity, I'm very disappointed. If I met a dreadlocked pastor who spoke good word, and had a good annointing, I assure you, I will attend his church regardless.

I say this again - if Elijah or John the baptist (or indeed most of the prophets in the old testament) were to come into the world to day to preach, if they had african hair, the hair would definitely be dreadlocked. And it appears Mr Tunde Woods would despise them because of their looks, and suspect they have a skeleton in the cupboard.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by winniesly(f): 11:41am On Aug 29, 2007
I was surprised to see this man mentioning BISHOP DAViD OYEDEPO,he is my Bishop and i can tell you guys categorically that he wears only one ring and apart from that, watch what you say about prophet of God (especially ordained ones), they are regarded to as 'rock of offence'. So be careful not to be offended in them.

Do you know what happen to even John the Baptist who took offence in Jesus Christ, Jesus says the least in the kindom of God is greater than John the Baptist even though out of all born of woman no one is as great as John the Baptist.

Let's keep this site on, a beg live men of God alone and mind also what you discussed.

Remain Blessed
Leah
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by mellow(m): 11:46am On Aug 29, 2007
tnaidaR:

Why must we be ignorant to a fault Ohhh dear Lord, come fast!!! cry

What must a freaking ring be an issue that discourages you? cry

I honestly don't know why we are so swift in reading meanings to minute details. If this is the way

we read meanings to the letters in our text books while in school we would have been geniuses
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by coolminded(m): 12:10pm On Aug 29, 2007
Thou shal nt judge
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by fesse(f): 12:21pm On Aug 29, 2007
@fuzek,
is like you are a member of , i reserve my comment.

but i dont support all those their rings, anyway am not among all these new generation churchs.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by fesse(f): 12:24pm On Aug 29, 2007
you are all denying your pastors,then whose pastor is wearing the fashionable rings?
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by goldboy(m): 12:51pm On Aug 29, 2007
fesse

pls where do u worship and u fuzek,

thnx
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by fesse(f): 1:07pm On Aug 29, 2007
i worship at the LORDS` shrine.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by fuzek: 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2007
fesse:

@fuzek,
is like you are a member of , i reserve my comment.

but i don't support all those their rings, anyway am not among all these new generation churchs.

Goldboy, i think dis also answers ur question.

Hey i used to worship at Christ Embassy and some of my sisters' go to Canaanland (Bishop D.Oyedepo) when in 9ja, and like i told u Pastors, Evangelist, Prophets and all don't wear two rings, only Bishops wear two rings (1wedding and d other d Bishop's ring), it symbolizes there call/office in the body of Christ.

If rings has only become how to know a man's spirituality or not, but how does it affect u?If u don't like their rings (since thats all u concerned about) then don't worship with them.

All u carrying jewelries on ur head can u tell me wats against it apart from ur juju mentality? I wonder wats happening to the body of Christ, is dis the work Jesus asked u to do shocked Na wa o!
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by pilgrim1(f): 1:19pm On Aug 29, 2007
fuzek:

If rings has only become how to know a man's spirituality or not, but how does it affect u?

Haba! Lol. . is that how God asks us to "know" a man's spirituality?

Has it now become: "by their rings we shall know them"?

Hmm. .  I just dey wonder where that verse dey - and which translation!! grin
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Banderas(m): 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2007
pilgrim.1:

Hmm. . I just dey wonder where that verse dey - and which translation!! grin

Hahaha.,, pilgrim you go kill me o. By their rings you shall know them,
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by pilgrim1(f): 1:22pm On Aug 29, 2007
But bros. . na wonder me I dey wonder O! Abi no be so? grin
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by fuzek: 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2007
pilgrim.1:

Hmm. . I just dey wonder where that verse dey - and which translation!! grin

Did u read my post verywell Shuo! I said, IF rings has only become how to know/measure a man's spirituality or not, and i think dats suppose to mean i'm against people judging a man of God just by mere "Jewelries".

I hope u now understand tongue
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by pilgrim1(f): 1:30pm On Aug 29, 2007
Yes, I have understood! Lesson over! grin

However, we are not asked to know them by their rings. Abi I wrong? grin
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by fesse(f): 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2007
@pilgrim,
you wan kill person grin grin

by their rings we shall know them.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by tost(m): 1:42pm On Aug 29, 2007
The psalmist said 'Lord i have not meddled with things too mysterious for me, ' whether they put on four rings or five rings is there any place in the Bible that says it is a sin to put on ring or that limits the number of rings a person should put on. The prodigal son was given a ring when he came back home - was he married? Please learn to mind your own business. Thank God man is not God ,else everyone will be in hell.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All Facts About Linda Testimonies Of Hell / Catholic Priests That Changed The World / Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.