Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,388 members, 7,836,562 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? (39516 Views)

Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Lady Without Both Hands And Legs Leading Worship In Church / RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Shinatu: 9:55am On Sep 14, 2007
Passing judgment or not, I do not see any reason for the rings.
Why do you have to wear a ring when you become a Bishop?
I am not saying the rings are demonic but are they (bishops)members of a mafia group?
Where is that in the scriptures?

The Bible says your heart is where your treasure is, so by the time a minister of God
spends much time thinking about beautifying himself with rings,clothes,hairdo etc
where is the space in his mind/heart for the things of God?
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Kabibi(f): 10:17am On Sep 14, 2007
Pastos are role models in society - analysed they will be analysed.
especially when thousands of souls are headed for hell while they
sit in salons to have thier hair done in certain way and visit most elaborate
boutique not to mention don their fingers with elaborate rings! angry
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by toks81(f): 11:53am On Sep 14, 2007
quoted from pilgrim
"Okay, we hear.   On the one hand, you don't advise others lord their selfish suggestions over others; but on the other hand, you still have the 'lording' rights to denounce them as "flashy PIMPS"!! You do well O!" 

My dear did u read the first thing i wrote and if you bothered to read some people's comments u would have seen where i was coming from.Besides r u for or against this act of ring wearing because as someone said you're chasing 2 opposite poles tongue

My take again which i STAND by,these people are role models of the society,a man of God in these times(not in the days of John) who wears locks,rings and flashy clothing is a no no for the society,they do not pass across anything positive to the audience they are meant to reach.

And i most say as the bible(i paraphrase) says if any causes another man to fall and go to hell will himself follow suit.
What if one of these MOG'S had a word that would just deliver a cronik druggie,prostitute or someone on the fast lane to hell and shows up wering the same flashy clothes and accessoiries these 'supposed converts' are used to seeing.do u think they will hear jack,except a divine intervention takes place.

My dear lets emulate our role model JESUS CHRIST who himself was modest,he did not have to wear rings or flashy clothes or even say because john had his hair in locks do the same.He was modest and i think our spiritual fathers should do the same.NUF SAID wink
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by toks81(f): 11:58am On Sep 14, 2007
@kabibi

abi oh my dear!souls are heading fast to hell.The acceleration to hell eh! shocked can't be measured.You that God has now called to do his work u spend time adorning yourself with flashy clothing and bling blings all over town.

Na wa oh!
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by fuzek: 5:14pm On Sep 14, 2007
@toks81, . . . u remember when paul said ''to the jew i'll act as the jew and to d gentile vice versa''.

Accordingly,u attract ur kind. . .afterall, in this same churches where the pastors fry their hair and wear wateva, d same message is preached and those that will be saved will be saved, same applies to the opposite innit?

Its not recorded anywhere in d bible dat wearing ring is a sin neither does it say not wearing it makes you holier. So what's d fuss all about?

Like i said earlier, the people we're here talking about are not touched by ur comments and they're busy touching and saving lives of those that care to listen to them. Stay here and continue blabbing. . .God sees the heart and my dear leave these men and do ur part in d kingdom wink cheesy
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Sep 15, 2007
angry angry angry @poster you are stupid to have start this thread, where is seun i think he should delete this thread, if u are a true christian all you need do is to walk up to any of 'em and ask not spoiling images and letting all this uncircumsied muslim and people laugh at us christian, just beware and don't judge wink
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by mukina2: 11:39pm On Sep 15, 2007
jayon:

angry angry angry  @poster you are stupid to have start this thread, where is seun i think he should delete this thread, if u are a true christian all you need do is to walk up to any of 'em and ask not spoiling images and letting all this uncircumsied muslim and people laugh at us christian, just beware and don't judge wink

are you just plain dumb or  are you trying to be funny?

Yesterday you posted in a thread meant for Muslims, today you are posting where it doesnt concern muslims . some of you are just plain dumb , its a pity the internet is open to all types of dumb people sad
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 15, 2007
sad sad sad i now know why u live in gambia,cuz ur head is so dumb for u to talk to me anyhow, Kill the truth on the 3rd day it will rise again,muslim are uncircumsie sinner
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 15, 2007
sad sad sad i now know why u live in gambia,head is so dumb for u to talk to me anyhow, Kill the truth on the 3rd day it will rise again,muslim are uncircumsie sinners
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by mukina2: 11:55pm On Sep 15, 2007
It would be a waste of time and space to be arguing with you . .

Post it all over if you can cheesy

You need Grammar Lessons . They'll do you good . Be good now . Ciao!

P.S .strike the post button once cheesy
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 16, 2007
grin grin grin u talkin abt grammar lesson dude, u funny i live and dine in an english speakin country, Not gambia or some Black Zulu African country, that rarely speak english,send me ur celli number lets just flow for 1min then will see who gat d flows .Monkey ass punk. Anyway jesus loves you
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Nobody: 12:02am On Sep 16, 2007
grin grin grin u talkin abt grammar lesson dude, u funny i leave and dine in an english speakin country, Not gambia or some Black Zulu African country, that rarely speak english,send me ur celli number lets just flow for 1min then will see who gat d flows .Monkey ass punk. Anyway jesus loves you
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by texas543(m): 7:47pm On Sep 17, 2007
mukina2:

It would be a waste of time and space to be arguing with you . .

Post it all over if you can cheesy

You need Grammar Lessons . They'll do you good . Be good now . Ciao!

P.S .strike the post button once cheesy

WORD! lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 11:31pm On Mar 29, 2010
well accordin d doctrine of my church.i mean anglican.only the bishop put on two rings,one of the rings is d marriage ring with his wife and d other for his marriage wit d church of God.it does not av any spiritual attachment,is just a symbolical representation.i dont known mayb dsame apply 2 other churches or mayb it is hun hun hun:-);-)you known wat i mean now.i did not say anything oo.i only answer that of my own denomination ANGLICAN.bye
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 11:31pm On Mar 29, 2010
well accordin d doctrine of my church.i mean anglican.only the bishop put on two rings,one of the rings is d marriage ring with his wife and d other for his marriage wit d church of God.it does not av any spiritual attachment,is just a symbolical representation.i dont known mayb dsame apply 2 other churches or mayb it is hun hun hun:-);-)you known wat i mean now.i did not say anything oo.i only answer that of my own denomination ANGLICAN.bye
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by paris10: 12:45am On Mar 30, 2010
This is actually a very good question! Your Pastor is not in any way superior to you. Only in Nigeria would a Pastor remain unquestionable regardless of the doubt surrounding his behaviour or act.

Putting two rings on both hands is not a conflicting factor, but mounting the pulpit with such would definitely raise an eye brow. Let the pastors explain themselves. Let the congregation be pretty clear about some uncertainties in the Church. Be it spiritually, educationally or mentally, it has always been a human thing to question uncertainties.

If Jesus came down today and perform some miracles that are scientifically and humanly impossible once again, I'd question the source of his power. It is not a sin and neither is there a law or scripture that prohibits humans from asking questions and wanting to know.

Feel free to ask your pastor anything as long as you're not asking him if those children of his are really his. Take a tape recorder with you o, for evidence.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by bee444: 12:57am On Mar 30, 2010
paris10:

This is actually a very good question! Your Pastor is not in any way superior to you. Only in Nigeria would a Pastor remain unquestionable regardless of the doubt surrounding his behaviour or act.

Putting two rings on both hands is not a conflicting factor, but mounting the pulpit with such would definitely raise an eye brow. Let the pastors explain themselves. Let the congregation be pretty clear about some uncertainties in the Church. Be it spiritually, educationally or mentally, it has always been a human thing to question uncertainties.

If Jesus came down today and perform some miracles that are scientifically and humanly impossible once again, I'd question the source of his power. It is not a sin and neither is there a law or scripture that prohibits humans from asking questions and wanting to know.

Feel free to ask your pastor anything as long as you're not asking him if those children of his are really his. Take a tape recorder with you o, for evidence.

I totally agree with you. And to those who are criticizing @poster, I guess you lot don't know Nigeria. These Pastors would do 'anything' to gain recognition. Rings comes in different shapes and purposes. Some are wedding/engagement rings, some are fetish/herbalistic and while some are for demonic oppression on subjects.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 29, 2020
The rings have significant meaning. Check out next time when you see the ring if it is a gemstone such as ruby, black tourmaline, emerald, amethyst etc and check out the meaning of wearing it. The bible made mention of gemstones. So you should start wearing the one that suits you. cheesy wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All Facts About Linda Testimonies Of Hell / Catholic Priests That Changed The World / Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.