Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,390 members, 7,836,566 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? (39517 Views)

Why Many Pastors Will Go To Hell – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Lady Without Both Hands And Legs Leading Worship In Church / RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by pilgrim1(f): 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2007
@labiyemmy,

Rather than try to berate pilgrim.1, why don't you instead show what you're not happy about in my posts? The thing wey I write touch you? Abi you get in-law wey my posts dey threaten im business about "bishops rings"? grin

Look my dear, if the Scriptures I quoted are not benefitting you in anyway, no wahala. Simply show that those verses are not making a single point "worthwhile" - and then make your case from the same Bible that unless pastors and bishops wear the sanctimonious rings, they cannot reach heaven.

I'm still waiting for that verse that say, 'by their rings we go sabi them.' grin
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by bigfred(m): 4:34pm On Aug 30, 2007
I will say my candid opinion on this matter if the person that opened this thread will tell us the title of the message that those pastors,Bishops he saw wearing two rings were preaching the day he saw them. Instead of you to sit down relax and catch a word that will better your spritual life,you were tricked at looking at the appearance of the preacher.Mind you, "what you see in the word of God is what you get" and You can' achieve what you don't believe.
Their purpose on air was not to show you ring or wealth,
but to get a word across to you.
DID YOU GET ANY WORD?
no!
why?
because he was putting on two rings!
Hmmm! i see ignorance in action here. May help God us.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by fuzek: 4:47pm On Aug 30, 2007
bigfred:

I will say my candid opinion on this matter if the person that opened this thread will tell us the title of the message that those pastors,Bishops he saw wearing two rings were preaching the day he saw them. Instead of you to sit down relax and catch a word that will better your spritual life,you were tricked at looking at the appearance of the preacher.Mind you, "what you see in the word of God is what you get" and You can' achieve what you don't believe.
Their purpose on air was not to show you ring or wealth,
but to get a word across to you.
DID YOU GET ANY WORD?
no!
why?
because he was putting on two rings!
Hmmm! i see ignorance in action here. May help God us.

WORD!!!!!!!
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by bikokwe(m): 5:34pm On Aug 30, 2007
i don talk an b4 ring no dey remove anointing.neither does it add to it.does not make u holy or more righteous.is not a criteria to enter heaven.its all bout personal conviction.so bye bye lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Backslider(m): 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2007
The History of Ring Wearing is for Identifying Slavery.

You have not told me why they should not wear it. I can hear a message without seeing him why should he wear a ring in the first place is the question.

I have my own view of it based from the bible.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by bikokwe(m): 6:04pm On Aug 30, 2007
see ur username sef.it says it all lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by fuzek: 6:06pm On Aug 30, 2007
All dis over-religious peeps ehn undecided

As long as no1 persuades u to wear it; u too shouldn't condemn it ok.

bikokwe:

i don talk an before ring no dey remove anointing.neither does it add to it.does not make u holy or more righteous.is not a criteria to enter heaven.its all bout personal conviction.so bye bye lipsrsealed

U've said it all abeg undecided tongue
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by MP007(m): 7:10am On Aug 31, 2007
@ poster, ask them
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by pilgrim1(f): 7:56am On Aug 31, 2007
Up until now, una no fit show from God's WORD where all this dishonest trade came from? shocked

Bishops who spend your church offerings on rings should have to be accountable to the Church and to God. Remember, it is a matter "of great price" (somewhere around N600,000 to be 'modest') - those rings are not cheap! Supporting such 419 in the name of "it doesn't matter" is to promote their lust for reckless living and sanctimonious wayo! grin

. . . they make broad their phalacteries! (Matt. 23:5) cool
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by labiyemmy(m): 10:54am On Aug 31, 2007
, you have said it - they are accountable to God, not to you and not to us - so kapish.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by fuzek: 10:56am On Aug 31, 2007
Pilgrim, what do u think men of God are U think they live solely on the offerings u bring to church undecided U said no1 has shown u anything to prove its right neither any1 shown anything to prove otherwise too. Pls let's not be unnecessarily over-righteous and who has made u judge over any1 tongue There somethings u don't bother about cos dis are kinda things that brings disunity in the body of Christ. As long as they didn't buy d jewelries at the xpense of God's work and even if they do/did, y not leave them to be accountable to God and not church. Y would any church hold anything against a man of God undecided God is d only judge abeg rest this case wink lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by pilgrim1(f): 11:57am On Aug 31, 2007
@labiyemmy:

, you have said it - they are accountable to God, not to you and not to us - so kapish.

Hehe. . you get eyes at all? grin Did you see what I wrote earlier? Here:

pilgrim.1:

Bishops who spend your church offerings on rings should have to be accountable to the Church and to God.

If you're encouraging issues that you can't defend from God's WORD, I'm seriously ROTFL! grin
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by pilgrim1(f): 12:14pm On Aug 31, 2007
fuzek:

Pilgrim, what do u think men of God are You think they live solely on the offerings u bring to church undecided You said no1 has shown u anything to prove its right neither anyone shown anything to prove otherwise too.

My dear fuzek, I'm not chasing two opposite poles as you're wont to do. If I don't agree with this questionable practice, I've shared why same is clearly wrong from God's WORD. If anyone thinks it is godly, let them defend their persuasions from God's WORD. Simple pretending that such issues really don't matter is the reason why a lot of merchandizing has entered the Church. Do you have anything to share why such issues answer to God's heart?

fuzek:

Please let's not be unnecessarily over-righteous and who has made u judge over anyone tongue

I didn't claim to be judge over anyone. Stop the rubbish is my simple message - and if that makes you uncomfy, I go shout am again: "by your ring we go sabi you!" grin

fuzek:

There somethings u don't bother about because this are kind of things that brings disunity in the body of Christ.

Those who are living recklessly by pretending these things don't matter are the very people you should be preaching to - they are the ones helping the "disunity" that worries you.

fuzek:

As long as they didn't buy d jewelries at the xpense of God's work and even if they do/did, y not leave them to be accountable to God and not church.

Listen to yourself: "even if they do/did". . . and you expect that if they indeed use Church funds to feed such reckless expenses, we should simply look the other way and continue to donate Church funds for more reckless lifestyles, abi?

fuzek:

Y would any church hold anything against a man of God undecided God is d only judge abeg rest this case wink lipsrsealed

I didn't hold anything against a man of God. There are many MOGs trawling the landscape - and we know what they have done (the 419, sexual immorality, dubious prophecies to swindle people, etc). Me, I now hold anything against 'em MOG - as you say! grin

BTW, you get in-law wey open shop to sell bishop rings? grin
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by fuzek: 12:46pm On Aug 31, 2007
Anyway, its fine u stand by wateva ur point is. . . i'm off this thread, it doesn't add/subtract from me anyway.

Have fun, the people u're talking about are even too busy and 4sure aren't reading all these.

Work out ur own Salvation with fear and with trembling. No man is accountable to u nomatter how bad u might think of wateva they did. . . they're humans like u. They're accountable to just God.

What scriptures did u use again to support ur point. . .better not reply cos i'm offfffffffffffff grin grin grin

There are better things craving for my attention, dis is far from it. . .zzzzzzzooooooommmmm
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by biggjoe(m): 12:06pm On Sep 01, 2007
Depends on who is wearing the ring and what purpose.

I'm a catholic and I know that catholic bishops get a ring during episcopal ordination. Every bishop has his. Popes too. Its a sign of their position. They are shepherds, thats why they have usually carry the long staff (crozier). As for having the rings on both hands, thats strange because I havent seen any catholic bishop with rings on both hands.
I know that most pentecostal pastors that wear rings (2 in this case) might be imitating catholic bishops. It has to be two now because they marry unlike catholic bishops.

The presence of another ring on the other  hand is now a question I can't answer. My input is simply that those that wear more than one on one hand might have copied it from catholic bishops and not probably for fashion or occultic purposes.

But then again, "its a small world wey many things de happen!', Chibuzo Orji said that.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by pilgrim1(f): 1:49pm On Sep 01, 2007
fuzek:

What scriptures did u use again to support your point. . .better not reply because i'm offfffffffffffff grin grin grin

Before you tear race, one small kweshun: wey that verse wey say, "by their rings we shall know them"?!? grin
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Sassykes(f): 6:10am On Sep 03, 2007
Cuz they are GANGSTERS YO, WHAT'S UP and they want to show their bling bling lol.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by killacam(m): 6:08pm On Sep 03, 2007
dat wat we call iced out,they gotta show wat they got,soon pastor and minister gonna be wearing grillz. and i surpport it 100%. throw more ice on ur wrist pastorssssssss.and dat wassup.
KILLA,DIPSET ALLDAY,NO HOMO.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by bosunabuja(m): 8:22am On Sep 04, 2007
I do not think we should attach any significance to this.Ring or no ring,the Word of God is the ultimate.Besides,who tells you that even your garment cannot be an occultic property?So let us face the real things and not issues that promise little or no reward.By the way,Mr Poster,do you mean all you gained from the messgaes you watched on the TV was evaluation of Pastors appearance?You had better start listening to the Word and not the world. ok!

Bosun
www.actual-city.4t.com
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Oluchia(f): 8:45am On Sep 04, 2007
Pilgrim! Pilgrim!
Go Girl! You tell them. grin
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Backslider(m): 3:08pm On Sep 04, 2007
The History of Wearing Jewelry is an Ancient one. There were pieces of jewelry worn on the ear lobe in Bible times (Gen 35:4). While these were generally worn only by Israelite women, the men among the ancient ISHMAELITES apparently wore earrings too (Judg 8:24-25). There is one incident where the Israelites (young men and women) brought their earrings to Aaron in order for him to make an idol out of it. It must have been an Egyptian custom for young men to wear earrings. However, no mention is made if this is right or wrong.

Now If a man wears Earring is it Wrong?

If it is wrong where in the bible does it say it is ?

If you remove your teeth and put Gold or platinum as some are doing what is wrong with that?

I guess these are question that we need to ask ourselves.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:43pm On Sep 04, 2007
I believe Craige Lewis is unto some serious points here regarding the consequences of wearing two earrings on men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPw89UwTA9Q&mode=related&search=
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by pilgrim1(f): 10:47pm On Sep 04, 2007
Oluchia:

Pilgrim! Pilgrim!
Go Girl! You tell them. grin

Lol. . . thank you, and God bless you plenty! grin

[list]
Ezekiel 2:7 & 3:10 -- "And thou shalt speak my words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear. . . Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, all my words that I shall speak unto thee receive in thine heart, and hear with thine ears."[/list]
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by pilgrim1(f): 10:50pm On Sep 04, 2007
OLAADEGBU:

I believe Craige Lewis is unto some serious points here regarding the consequences of wearing two earrings on men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPw89UwTA9Q&mode=related&search=

Bros, I thank God for Craig Lewis. How we need many more like him. smiley
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by akjigo(m): 12:18am On Sep 10, 2007
"Do not be conformed to this World. But be transformed by the renuwal of your MIND"
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by tommyex(m): 10:22am On Sep 11, 2007
TRUTH IS DER R SO MANY EVIL PASTORS IN NIGERIA,
MAY GOD HELP US N DIRECT US 2 WHERE HE LIVES.
BETTER STILL GET CONNECTED TO HIM IN UR HEART SO U DONT TRUST ANY1 4 DIRECTN.FEEL ME?
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Bosdem(f): 4:20pm On Sep 11, 2007
Small small o, if ur eye do poo, i no dey o.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by Bosdem(f): 4:22pm On Sep 11, 2007
Small small o, if ur eye do poo, i no dey o.
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by sabri: 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2007
i beleive strongly that salvation is personal just as the bible says.

The way the bible communicates to me is different from the way it communictes to others.

It is olny joblessness dat will make someone pick out this like dat from pastors and 2ndly let us not forget dat pastors, bishop etc are humans like us not just one spirit in our world. grin
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by toks81(f): 5:19pm On Sep 13, 2007
[i]HELLO PEOPLE!
undecided THE QUESTION WAS WHY DO PASTORS WHERE RINGS?Why don't we just ask them,instead of being personal about the whole thingy.Why would someone start quoting scriptures on top this topic.It's a personal thing and an individual's perspective should be KEPT YOUR PERSPECTIVE.STOP LORDING YOUR SELFISH SUGGESTIONS OVER OTNERS PLEASE!

My take as men of God they should lead by example.They are meant to be role models instead of flashy PIMPS.And fashion wise they always say less is more u r married fine but whats with the other ring except na,
[/
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]i]
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by toks81(f): 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2007
[i]HELLO PEOPLE!
undecided THE QUESTION WAS WHY DO PASTORS WHERE RINGS?Why don't we just ask them,instead of being personal about the whole thingy.Why would someone start quoting scriptures on top this topic.It's a personal thing and an individual's perspective should be KEPT YOUR PERSPECTIVE.STOP LORDING YOUR SELFISH SUGGESTIONS OVER OTNERS PLEASE!

My take as men of God they should lead by example.They are meant to be role models instead of flashy PIMPS.And fashion wise they always say less is more u r married fine but whats with the other ring except na,
[/
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]i]
Re: Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? by pilgrim1(f): 6:42pm On Sep 13, 2007
toks81:

It's a personal thing and an individual's perspective should be KEPT YOUR PERSPECTIVE.STOP LORDING YOUR SELFISH SUGGESTIONS OVER OTNERS PLEASE!

toks81:

My take as men of God they should lead by example.They are meant to be role models instead of flashy PIMPS.

Okay, we hear. grin On the one hand, you don't advise others lord their selfish suggestions over others; but on the other hand, you still have the 'lording' rights to denounce them as "flashy PIMPS"!! You do well O! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All Facts About Linda Testimonies Of Hell / Catholic Priests That Changed The World / Daddy Freeze Slams Bishop Oyedepo Over His Worth $150 Million Comment

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.