Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

"Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" (14734 Views)

Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? / Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication / Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by abobote: 5:43pm On Jan 20, 2023
If they do it, I won't wed
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by izubext007: 5:43pm On Jan 20, 2023
i swear no woman go wish to do church wedding , they we prefer court wedding .
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by casppyjay: 5:43pm On Jan 20, 2023
onthehill:
Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow - Oriretan Honour

A Nigerian journalist, Oriretan Honour has said that one way to checkmate infidelity in marriages as well as paternity fraud, is for churches to normalize adding ''Let me die the day I cheat on you'' in the wedding vows for couples, IGBERETV reports.

Honour wrote on Twitter;

https://twitter.com/realhonour199/status/1616210556267991044?t=QVYtCnG-n_av4_r6qms2lQ&s=19

Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44 nlfpmod
mumu talk what of the politicians taking oath of office? Even with bibles and qurans in hand? What of the vow till death do us part? Use ur head!!!!!
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Lamanii22(f): 5:43pm On Jan 20, 2023
I support this too…
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by SPAMBOX7: 5:43pm On Jan 20, 2023
If na by death then na men go die pass cos na dem cheat pass for marriage. They should be more focused on paternity fraud
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by thorpido(m): 5:44pm On Jan 20, 2023
As much as it sounds good enough to curb infidelity,it negates the teaching of Christianity about curses,swearing and honesty.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Xpensivmaye(m): 5:45pm On Jan 20, 2023
I trust that will do Alot of good..
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by FireUpNow(m): 5:46pm On Jan 20, 2023
Add it 1000 times it won't stop cheating. The best is to include DNA test after every birth of a child by the couples
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by galaxy2020(m): 5:47pm On Jan 20, 2023
The church can't do that, because there is room for genuine repentance, God allows for true repentance. Except we add it to all sins. grin
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by apache4: 5:48pm On Jan 20, 2023
Etcetera, Siofra, candidlady, Jennyclay, Zzor and Onyi44 left the group ...

You can call them whatever you like , because that's exactly what they are shocked
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by cococandy(f): 5:48pm On Jan 20, 2023
This one doesn’t like his male friends and family members grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by spencekat(m): 5:49pm On Jan 20, 2023
And that will deter couples from cheating?
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 20, 2023
It's not a bad suggestion but unless there's proof it'll work, people won't take the clause seriously and will still do what they want to do. The key is to marry someone who loves and respects you enough to not break your vows like that without being told not to.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Tinubuwins2023e: 5:51pm On Jan 20, 2023
If they add it and people take the vow, it doesn't mean they will die when they cheat.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Honchoslim16(m): 5:52pm On Jan 20, 2023
That oath doesn't do sh!t as long as it's in a church.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by viodemus: 5:54pm On Jan 20, 2023
mere words.

Na by force.

if you get mental affected partner wey dey very abusive as a guy or lady, after a while una go begin distance from una selves; the opportunity to know other wonderful people might present itself, and you might get immersed in the friendship or companionship. It might even let you know that you need to right your wrong from your previous partner by divorcing them.

So, make the best of your situation and addition of value to your partner and loved ones.

Thank you good luck, Kenya is beautiful this morning with beautiful people. A little less hectic than my Nigeria as usual. Kenyan babes no dey hear later. Dem dey invite me everywhere since yesterday, and I no dey even flex. Guy, come relax your mind for kenya, instead of to dey raise your BP for no reason.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Nobodysboo(m): 6:06pm On Jan 20, 2023
Seriouly
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Roger3D(m): 6:06pm On Jan 20, 2023
onthehill:
Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow - Oriretan Honour

A Nigerian journalist, Oriretan Honour has said that one way to checkmate infidelity in marriages as well as paternity fraud, is for churches to normalize adding ''Let me die the day I cheat on you'' in the wedding vows for couples, IGBERETV reports.

Honour wrote on Twitter;

https://twitter.com/realhonour199/status/1616210556267991044?t=QVYtCnG-n_av4_r6qms2lQ&s=19

It won't change anything because God doesn't kill people based on other people's requests. Every human being has a finite amount of time on this earth and no mortal can pray away a single second from anyone else's life. I wonder what Bible you pentecostal Christians are reading from
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by CodeTemplar: 6:08pm On Jan 20, 2023
onthehill:

Honour wrote on Twitter;

It already attracts death penalty. Maybe there should a curse for partners who also cheat before marriage but frown at it during and after marriages ceremony.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:11pm On Jan 20, 2023
faithfull18:
A lot of women will become widows

With paternity fraud on the rise, there probably will be more widowers self.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by MasterShifu010(m): 6:14pm On Jan 20, 2023
My hand no Dey
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by HardMirror(m): 6:18pm On Jan 20, 2023
Janesouthall:
If na shrine or juju way be say na instant action...that vow can work....but church?? Our God is a merciful God...
no the real problem is maybe god is not real. Expand your thinking bro.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by HardMirror(m): 6:20pm On Jan 20, 2023
casppyjay:
mumu talk what of the politicians taking oath of office? Even with bibles and qurans in hand? What of the vow till death do us part? Use ur head!!!!!
dont mind them, as if vows have any meaning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by blahc007: 6:22pm On Jan 20, 2023
grin grin
faithfull18:
A lot of women will become widows
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 20, 2023
Why them never add am to the oath wey unah politicians dey swear before them enter office. Use this same energy to advocate for that. Nah when e reach church matter everybody Dey get energy and freedom of speech to talk trash
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Janesouthall: 6:26pm On Jan 20, 2023
HardMirror:
no the real problem is maybe god is not real. Expand your thinking bro.

Dear Hardmirror.....read the post again...the one the op posted....then tell me how you take understand am...maybe ur brain small like muster seed...way no fit make dey reason well.

1 Like

Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 20, 2023
BESTScientist1:
can you say that about mosques fool
No mind the joker OP
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by akaleb2015(m): 6:27pm On Jan 20, 2023
onthehill:

Honour wrote on Twitter;

Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by HardMirror(m): 6:27pm On Jan 20, 2023
Janesouthall:

Dear Hardmirror.....read the post again...the one the op posted....then tell me how you take understand am...maybe ur brain small like muster seed...way no fit make dey reason well.
yes my brain is small. I have no brain sef. Happy now?
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by yomi531(m): 6:28pm On Jan 20, 2023
WibusJaga:

Thou shall not swear. Let your Yes be Yes...
That's Christianity for you. cool
Yeah . Christianity is Light.

1 Like

Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by SeeItSayIt: 6:31pm On Jan 20, 2023
Church must not add, you just add in your own marriage vow since you believed it's right.

Your opinion can't be made law for others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? / Which Do I Choose; Marriage Or Job? / What If You Just Found Out That Your Parents Ain't Really UR Biological Parents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.