Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,046 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

"Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" (14770 Views)

Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? / Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication / Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by penearth(m): 6:35pm On Jan 20, 2023
Jesus came for sinners to repent, He has come for us to have life and have it in full. Devil owns death, Jesus owns life to d full
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Minatouchiha(m): 6:35pm On Jan 20, 2023
onthehill:
Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow - Oriretan Honour

A Nigerian journalist, Oriretan Honour has said that one way to checkmate infidelity in marriages as well as paternity fraud, is for churches to normalize adding ''Let me die the day I cheat on you'' in the wedding vows for couples, IGBERETV reports.

Honour wrote on Twitter;

https://twitter.com/realhonour199/status/1616210556267991044?t=QVYtCnG-n_av4_r6qms2lQ&s=19

Maybe start it when you marry. And if you've already married, then introduce it when you renew your wedding vows. Werey!
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by SugarGirl44(f): 6:38pm On Jan 20, 2023
faithfull18:
A lot of women will become widows

All women.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by lereinter(m): 6:40pm On Jan 20, 2023
Funny!
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by jojothaiv(m): 6:41pm On Jan 20, 2023
How about those who swore to speak nothing but the truth on the two holy books in a court of law and now proceed to spit lies after, did they drop dead after the hypocrisy, your guess is as good as mine.

Even those who went a step further by signing pre-nup still got played one way or the other if the legal knower is a green horn defending the culprit in the so called situationship and not forgeting the role of the society too, the law is made to favor some species, like it or not, that's the society we lived in.

To me, the problem with infidelity in most relationships we see these days boil down to lack of accountability and people seeking for marching energy (that's even absurd because everybody traditional roles is well spelt out).

Anyway, I'm a MF hypocrite too.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Goldbw122(m): 6:41pm On Jan 20, 2023
Even in presidential position but done like that so just live that matter
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Harmattan123(m): 6:44pm On Jan 20, 2023
Janesouthall:
If na shrine or juju way be say na instant action...that vow can work....but church?? Our God is a merciful God...
ORIGINAL FAKE SHRINE OR JUJU WILL BE ORGANIZED grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by jaxxy(m): 6:44pm On Jan 20, 2023
Foe what?? Cheating or mistakes is not a capital crime in marriage.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Ubanz: 6:46pm On Jan 20, 2023
And who told you that one will work. grin grin
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Frayoworld(m): 6:48pm On Jan 20, 2023
Righteousness2:
Adding all that will do little or nothing..
Even those who have done blood Covenant have ended up fighting and killing themselves .

What will keep you from Engaging in evil is the Grace and Power of GOD that comes with Genuiely Surrendering your life to JESUS Christ.

It's not by Physical power or strength.
When you allow JESUS Christ take over your Heart, many of these evils become irritating.

Seconded my chosen brother

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by prigoz(m): 6:48pm On Jan 20, 2023
faithfull18:
As if it is only men that cheat
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Seunspyder(m): 6:56pm On Jan 20, 2023
He Chk

Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Truvelisback(m): 6:57pm On Jan 20, 2023
Janesouthall:
If na shrine or juju way be say na instant action...that vow can work....but church?? Our God is a merciful God...
God is Messiful.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by LordReed(m): 6:57pm On Jan 20, 2023
onthehill:
Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow - Oriretan Honour

A Nigerian journalist, Oriretan Honour has said that one way to checkmate infidelity in marriages as well as paternity fraud, is for churches to normalize adding ''Let me die the day I cheat on you'' in the wedding vows for couples, IGBERETV reports.

Honour wrote on Twitter;

https://twitter.com/realhonour199/status/1616210556267991044?t=QVYtCnG-n_av4_r6qms2lQ&s=19

Superstition. It will do nothing. Maybe the more fearful will stop but those intent on it will do it and nothing will happen.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Gohs: 6:58pm On Jan 20, 2023
Cheating or no cheating. . .
Our government must stop cheating us citizens!

Abeg go and get your PVC to vote for Labour Party. . .

Let's bring in Peter Obi, GCFR as the next President of Nigeria grin
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by luluman: 7:00pm On Jan 20, 2023
onthehill:

Honour wrote on Twitter;

Christians are christ like and JESUS new took that kind of oath.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by DLivingAncestor: 7:02pm On Jan 20, 2023
Alaye even with that,any one of them wey wan cheat go still cheat,

Our God too dey merciful
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by toloohthegreat: 7:09pm On Jan 20, 2023
Not bad for women. For a man...no need! I'm gonna cheat on you. Geddaffuk!
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by bewise24: 7:11pm On Jan 20, 2023
WHAT WE CALL MARRIAGE VOW IS NOT BIBLICAL. CHECK THE WORDINGS OF THE SO CALL MARRIAGE VOW. TELL ME WHERE YOU COULD FIND ANYTHING SIMILAR TO THAT IN THE BIBLE. THE ONLY CLAUSE FROM THE BIBLE IS "WHATEVER GOD HAS JOINED TOGETHER LET NO MAN PUT ASUNDER" AND THAT DOES NOT SUGGEST ONE MAN ONE WIFE EXPRESSLY OR BY NECESSARY IMPLICATIONS.

SO NOTHING WILL CHANGE BECAUSE YOU CAN'T PLACE SOMETHING ON NOTHING AND YET EXPECT IT TO STAND. ONE MAN ONE WIFE IS A CREATION OF MAN NOT GOD. YOU CAN COUNTER THIS WITH A SUPERIOR ARGUMENT BACKED WITH BIBLICAL EVIDENCE IF YOU HAVE ONE.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Eaglesence: 7:20pm On Jan 20, 2023
A strong deterrent but people will still cheat
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by davibid: 7:22pm On Jan 20, 2023
faithfull18:

My dear, I doubt coz nowadays you can tell between man and woman who cheat pass. I bet you 5-7 out every 10 married women cheats. #fact!
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Judolisco(m): 7:25pm On Jan 20, 2023
Will they die!?
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by femagj(m): 7:25pm On Jan 20, 2023
It is not biblical and besides, God is not like man
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by sisisioge: 7:34pm On Jan 20, 2023
....and a lot of men will die grin
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Goodlady(f): 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2023
WibusJaga:

Thou shall not swear. Let your Yes be Yes...
That's Christianity for you. cool
God bless you. You wonder how they quickly mention church as if church is their mate.

1 Like

Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by philiancoop(m): 7:41pm On Jan 20, 2023
Imagine Solomon, David Or ABRAHAM was the one wedding
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Firstcitizen: 7:46pm On Jan 20, 2023
Janesouthall:

Cheating was imported from western culture/religions. If Africans can embrace their beliefs and conduct traditional marriages in shrines, cheating by any party will be a thing of the past. I no blame NED as im carry dat smallee do shrine tinz that year.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by iamsolasoul(f): 7:50pm On Jan 20, 2023
Weddings will turn to instant funerals

It’s not even the cheating that pains me it’s the bragging lol and the women you cheat with na wa o if I’m going to cheat it will be denzel or someone fine sha but you will never see a woman brag her little light of hers will always shine

But some men wan small boy Girl because I have given her pvc will want to jam you for person nawa o
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Segzy19: 7:50pm On Jan 20, 2023
Nonsense!

Where is it in the Bible?

Shit doctrines
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by kunle75(m): 8:01pm On Jan 20, 2023
onthehill:

Honour wrote on Twitter;

Marriage no be by force nah
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Encyclopedia1: 8:06pm On Jan 20, 2023
Yinmu, they will have to imbed Ogun and Sango name else it will not work.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by MzErica(f): 8:11pm On Jan 20, 2023
NwaNimo1:
[img]https://giffiles.alphacod ers.com/216/216381.gif[/img]

Dry meme as usual. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos / Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? / Can You Be A Full Time House Husband!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.