Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

"Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" (14767 Views)

Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? / Deji Adeyanju: Churches Should Make DNA Test Mandatory For Child Dedication / Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by marcopollo(m): 8:28pm On Jan 20, 2023
After cheating and the cheat didn't die, so the cheat could claim that he didn't cheat since he didn't die. Abi?
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:30pm On Jan 20, 2023
Population will cut to half.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:35pm On Jan 20, 2023
For wat Nobody is gonna die.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by francisisking: 8:56pm On Jan 20, 2023
God is love and he does not want a sinner dead... since we all are sinners before God and he didn't condemn us to die... so making such a vow goes against God's standard.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Homeboy26: 8:59pm On Jan 20, 2023
Dear women, we men are not cheats, it hurts us whatever we see other women who don't have husbands, we are just trying to help out.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by paix(m): 9:14pm On Jan 20, 2023
That means the coming of Christ to save lives is defeated. That phrase should be given to the politicians as oath of office.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by christistruth01: 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2023
faithfull18:
A lot of women will become widows

In the first year of Marriage

Many kids may never set eyes on their Fathers
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by ManOfSon: 9:32pm On Jan 20, 2023
Will this character be the first to take this oath? Don't bet on it. In Nigeria it's very normal to recommend to others a course of action you'll never contemplate for yourself.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by bigiyaro(m): 9:51pm On Jan 20, 2023
This post is in danger of winning the "most stupid post of the year" cos marriage is not a do or die affair.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by ayenale1(m): 9:56pm On Jan 20, 2023
Intending cheaters will still cheat moreover God is merciful...
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by IamAsiri: 10:23pm On Jan 20, 2023
WibusJaga:

Thou shall not swear. Let your Yes be Yes...
That's Christianity for you. cool

Not sure that's a swear, but a vow. Not sure if they will add it though. Fear of God should be what should prevent us from such sins -- just as Joseph said "should I do this terrible thing and sin against God?". The Bible says that our body is the temple of the Lord...
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by desmond2255: 11:02pm On Jan 20, 2023
It only be add to the woman not men because man can choose to marry extra
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by FarmTech(m): 11:28pm On Jan 20, 2023
faithfull18:
So true. Many men believed they're entitled to cheating while their wives are not.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Laughingkk: 1:06am On Jan 21, 2023
When has taking a marriage vow in the church amount to eating sacred kola in the shrine of Amadioha or Ayilala?
Even when they take such vow,those who will cheat will still cheat
People take oath with the Bible in the court of law to say the truth and nothing but the truth yet they still go on to lie
Political office holders take oath with the Bible and still loot the Treasury dry
Pastors vow to uphold the truth with the Bible any yet keep bleeping members

There is God o
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by OLULAW: 1:22am On Jan 21, 2023
THIS CHEATING OF A THING IS FOREIGN TO THE AFRICAN MILIEU. THE INSTITUTION OF MARRIAGE IN AFRICAN IS CONTIGENT ON POLYGAMOUS RATHER THAN MONOGAMOUS ARRANGEMENTS. THE MORE WIVES A MAN TAKES THE HIGHER HIS STATUS IN TRADITIONAL AFRICAN SOCIETY. STOP THIS COLONIAL MENTALITY.
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by 2016v2017: 2:13am On Jan 21, 2023
Jashub:
Supported
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by 2016v2017: 2:14am On Jan 21, 2023
Jashub:
Supported
Even traditional marriage
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by 2016v2017: 2:16am On Jan 21, 2023
Janesouthall:
If na shrine or juju way be say na instant action...that vow can work....but church?? Our God is a merciful God...
It should be done during Dowry/ traditional marriage
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by chaloskyx: 4:16am On Jan 21, 2023
lool Christian fools why don't they allow people say let me be a millionaire once i say i do instead mumu ppl cause they know it cant work idiots who believe in such fiasco
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Atlantis585: 5:01am On Jan 21, 2023
shocked shocked shocked

If dem try am ehn!

Let me comment my reserve for now!
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Bentonite1: 7:29am On Jan 21, 2023
faithfull18:

Will there be married me if not widowers
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by wiezkov(m): 7:41am On Jan 21, 2023
[img][/img]

Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by Afobaba33(m): 8:22am On Jan 21, 2023
Biblically is it allowed to vow.

Where can you see people making vows in the Bible as regards marriage

You seek the hand of a lady in marriage, the parents consented you pay the bride price and the ceremony follows after.

Let your Ye Be ye
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by pasuma(m): 10:56am On Jan 21, 2023
They should start with virginity test and not the pregnancy test they conduct before marriage

Hypocrisy in the church is to the highest heaven

onthehill:
Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow - Oriretan Honour

A Nigerian journalist, Oriretan Honour has said that one way to checkmate infidelity in marriages as well as paternity fraud, is for churches to normalize adding ''Let me die the day I cheat on you'' in the wedding vows for couples, IGBERETV reports.

Honour wrote on Twitter;

https://twitter.com/realhonour199/status/1616210556267991044?t=QVYtCnG-n_av4_r6qms2lQ&s=19
Re: "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow" by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:49pm On Jan 21, 2023
cococandy:
This one doesn’t like his male friends and family members grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos / Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? / Can You Be A Full Time House Husband!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.