Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,078 members, 7,821,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud (38424 Views)

My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. / VIP Whose Police Orderly Carried Plate Of Food Claims It's For The Officer / These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by alobright17(m): 12:51pm On Jan 26, 2023
Otunbakayce:
I just discovered that my innocent looking assistant perpetrated a massive fraud of #3,860,000 under my watch from the month of May - December 2022.

My new hospital Administrator called me for a private meeting to inform me that I am under remitting and she wouldn't want to work with me anymore. I requested to see her book and I was lost in awe when I saw what was being recorded for my unit as remitted revenue.

I got angry and left to get my book which we compared to the administrators book and discovered that there were some months that this lady didnt remit a penny and when she remits for some months she would remit only about 20-30% of the amount we generated.

I went back to my office after comparing my books with that of the administrators with a promise to arrange receipts and other books for her to see. The administrator apologized to me for her thoughts towards me.

As soon as I got to my office I gave the books to my assistant and told her to arrange all our receipts and keep it on my table. This lady went home with all the books and didnt drop them as instructed.

I resumed work on Monday and she brought the book with incomplete receipts. This lady didnt remit a dime from the month of August to December. She was issuing a forged receipt and putting same in the books for me for monthly checks.

I generated about #5,362,000 and this lady only remitted 1,123,000 and the rest were paid through bank transfers which I am not sure if they were really paid.

Till this moment I can't believe that this lady could pull such heartless and wicked heist.

She has been begging me to help her die the case as it was because of family issue that made her do such.

I have made up my mind that I won't work with her again and its left for the Hospital management to find how to get their money from her.

Please your advice will be appreciated!

Her type go dey carry church and pastors matter for head.

Fear most men or ladies that carries church and pastors matter for head, most of them are the most dangerous people on earth.

Is she begging you to die the matter for you to refund the stolen money or what exactly?

2 Likes

Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by KaptainAfrika: 12:53pm On Jan 26, 2023
She get big nyash ?
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by BigBashiru: 12:54pm On Jan 26, 2023
Berrityga:
I'm sure you where having an affair with her thats why you didn't pay attention to your accounts and books. Serves you and your company right. If I was her I will japa

And it was the affair thatask gave her the GUTS to perform the theft....
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by justiz5(m): 12:56pm On Jan 26, 2023
Otunbakayce:
I just discovered that my innocent looking assistant perpetrated a massive fraud of #3,860,000 under my watch from the month of May - December 2022.

My new hospital Administrator called me for a private meeting to inform me that I am under remitting and she wouldn't want to work with me anymore. I requested to see her book and I was lost in awe when I saw what was being recorded for my unit as remitted revenue.

I got angry and left to get my book which we compared to the administrators book and discovered that there were some months that this lady didnt remit a penny and when she remits for some months she would remit only about 20-30% of the amount we generated.

I went back to my office after comparing my books with that of the administrators with a promise to arrange receipts and other books for her to see. The administrator apologized to me for her thoughts towards me.

As soon as I got to my office I gave the books to my assistant and told her to arrange all our receipts and keep it on my table. This lady went home with all the books and didnt drop them as instructed.

I resumed work on Monday and she brought the book with incomplete receipts. This lady didnt remit a dime from the month of August to December. She was issuing a forged receipt and putting same in the books for me for monthly checks.

I generated about #5,362,000 and this lady only remitted 1,123,000 and the rest were paid through bank transfers which I am not sure if they were really paid.

Till this moment I can't believe that this lady could pull such heartless and wicked heist.

She has been begging me to help her die the case as it was because of family issue that made her do such.

I have made up my mind that I won't work with her again and its left for the Hospital management to find how to get their money from her.

Weak internal control system.

It is not easy for someone to divert such huge sum of money if the checks and balances between your office and the recipient of your remittance are strengthened.

I am a trained and practicing accountant so I know exactly what I am talking about.

Internal Audits must be done regularly (monthly) to ensure compliance hencefort.

Receipts or other evidence of payments (be it electronic generated or otherwise) properly recorded and well documented and must always form the basis of source documents.

1 Like

Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by Doyou2019: 12:58pm On Jan 26, 2023
Michelle55:
Call the authorities on her, fraud is fraud no matter how you chose to sugarcoat it.
She's not begging because she's remorseful, she's only begging cos she's been caught.

Either way, she has to go in and do some time.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by Realestatevixen: 1:06pm On Jan 26, 2023
Otunbakayce:

It's simple bro. She committed the crime, let her do the time!

1 Like

Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 26, 2023
siofra:

Men are even more wicked.
They can kill their children just to do money rituals.

E be like say you day drunk.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by sweetonugbu: 1:07pm On Jan 26, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

I laugh in swahili. Either u were carried away with her outlook? Or u are a careless man.
U see that gender ehhhh, haven't u give it a thought why Jah never married
His son never married
Great prophets never married
Paul never married
Great scientists never married
Satan himself never married rather Satan uses them to cause havoc
Whenever u get d answers to those questions, u will understand d angle I'm going
you are not serious.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by EgunMogaji2: 1:10pm On Jan 26, 2023
Otunbakayce:

There’s no such thing as an innocent looking Nigerian.

“Trust but verify” is my motto here in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by olibeans: 1:14pm On Jan 26, 2023
Except you are banging her, arrest her and recover your coy's money.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by RZArecta(m): 1:14pm On Jan 26, 2023
Otunbakayce:

involve the hospital management immediately if not, you'll be held as an accomplice while trying to protect her
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by BloomingDale(f): 1:15pm On Jan 26, 2023
From the way the OP is writing and replying, I’m pretty sure he’s the one that embezzled the money or one of his fellow specie, but is casting the blame on an innocent woman. His hatred for women is apparent.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by skj1377(m): 1:17pm On Jan 26, 2023
Report her to the church they will help with recovery.
Otunbakayce:
She is a Jehovah witness, a nursing mother and not my type.
I am also not the type that lust after anything in skirt.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by Justbehave(m): 1:20pm On Jan 26, 2023
LedRock:
Na only men dem sabi report, if they don see toto their brain dey format.
Naso we see am my brother.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by Kobicove(m): 1:20pm On Jan 26, 2023
If you loose guard in Nigeria where money is concerned you will pay dearly for it.

An average Nigerian always wants to reap where he did not sow angry
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by skj1377(m): 1:20pm On Jan 26, 2023
One pretty lady once stole 7million same way from Mr biggs Bauchi state. She was asked what she did with the money she said she gave it to her boyfriend who wanted to travel abroad. The boyfriend fled.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by Isabi4lov: 1:21pm On Jan 26, 2023
She was able to carry out the fraud successful due to the fact that there's no checks and balances in your organization.

Her longer throat no be here o , the lady ready to chop the organization die shocked

If they see the one wey dey faithful dem no go appreciate the person at all but na the one wey go ruin dem pata pata na him dem dey like undecided
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by Amumaigwe: 1:24pm On Jan 26, 2023
Otunbakayce:

You cannot trust a woman with money and fidelity. Their greatest weaknesses.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by abescom: 1:26pm On Jan 26, 2023
I hope the hospital is not in Ibadan, kini memorial? Cos their admin is also innocent looking but once almost raped me after I ignored her passes for like 3 years.

I am not sure why my mind is going to that hospital but I won't name names.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 26, 2023
Godspowerpro:
We truly hope you both haven't been fornicating. It's well
Mr Godspowerpro because of this comment, I am demoting you to Manpowerbeta.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 26, 2023
Slurity:
You definitely think people that always say fear woman are doing so out of hatred, the more innocent the woman look, the more dangerous they are.

Innocent looking people are generally dangerous because naturally we tend to trust or believe them without knowing what they are capable of doing, which is vulnerability.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by LofP(m): 1:39pm On Jan 26, 2023
I hope she has started refunding the money? She and her family members should be in a cell with an agent selling all their property to repay the amount diverted.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by Kelvin3476: 1:41pm On Jan 26, 2023
siofra:

Men are even more wicked. They can kill their children just to do money rituals.
IT HAV BEEN PROVEN AND REPROVEN THAT WOMEN ARE THE SOLE PROBLEM OF THE WORLD.
WOMEN KILLS 69 TIMES MORE THAN AVERAGE MEN
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by generalwo(m): 1:55pm On Jan 26, 2023
What scares / surprises me inside this issue is the fact that you didn't think she could do such a thing because she "looks innocent"
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by latolz: 1:56pm On Jan 26, 2023
THE FACE IS NOT THE INDEX OF A PERSON
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by wolebest: 2:04pm On Jan 26, 2023
Otunbakayce:

Since you did not employ her, let the management of the organisation handle the fraud case against your assistant.

You are in no position to act but report your discovery to the management.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by olaeffect(m): 2:19pm On Jan 26, 2023
Otunbakayce:
She is a Jehovah witness, a nursing mother and not my type.
I am also not the type that lust after anything in skirt.

Thank God for you.
That however does not mean that you should not still be very careful.
Women have been implicating innocent men since the time of Joseph.
Make her feel that you will do anything to help her out of the case, so that she won't make you an enemy.
Because when she is sure that she is going down her next move will be to make sure she goes down with you, if she considers you responsible for her being exposed or you not doing anything to help her cover up.

And considering her so-called innocent face, people may tend to believe her more than you.

Be very careful, case is not fully settled yet.

1 Like

Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by BRATISLAVA: 2:23pm On Jan 26, 2023
LedRock:
Shut up abeg!

Lol.

There's something wrong with you.

1 Like

Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by aariwa(m): 2:23pm On Jan 26, 2023
Report to police
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by alizma: 2:24pm On Jan 26, 2023
Otunbakayce:

Your decision is perfectly ok by me. I think I will do the same if I find myself in the same situation. Her excuse is a very stupid and crafty one. No matter the situation, eating more than the owner is not just an act of careless greed but a sign that the perpetrator is a potential witch

Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by Gboom: 2:26pm On Jan 26, 2023
Otunbakayce:

You are liable too if the case goes to court because you are checking her from time to time, what happen to you filing a copy of teller she was using to remit the income.

1 Like

Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by alizma: 2:27pm On Jan 26, 2023
justiz5:

Weak internal control system.

It is not easy for someone to divert such huge sum of money if the checks and balances between your office and the recipient of your remittance are strengthened.

I am a trained and practicing accountant so I know exactly what I am talking about.

Internal Audits must be done regularly (monthly) to ensure compliance hencefort.

Receipts or other evidence of payments (be it electronic generated or otherwise) properly recorded and well documented and must always form the basis of source documents.
They don't even have an accountant, talk more of an auditor. This was possible because there was no monthly reconciliation of bank statement

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Michelle Ekure, Shoemaker, Receives Award - Photos / Mathematics/stastistics Vs Mechanical Engineering / The New Girl I hired Keeps A Frown Whenever She Brings Anything To Me.(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.