Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,769 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud (38437 Views)

My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. / VIP Whose Police Orderly Carried Plate Of Food Claims It's For The Officer / These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by Ikea81: 2:41pm On Jan 26, 2023
Please, just leave her. That's her share..she must have truely been pressured by family wahala.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by kinkydude: 2:50pm On Jan 26, 2023
Ha! I see why Satan never married! And he's their best toaster!
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by emmanuelbrown26: 2:56pm On Jan 26, 2023
sweetonugbu:
you are not serious.
Yes I am damn serious baby
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by Yankee101: 3:00pm On Jan 26, 2023
You’re luck to survive firing, you dropped the ball on supervision. Trust but verify. Cross check all work done by your reports
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by Otunbakayce: 3:03pm On Jan 26, 2023
Gboom:

You are liable too if the case goes to court because you are checking her from time to time, what happen to you filing a copy of teller she was using to remit the income.
It's not my responsibility to check if the receipt numbers tallies with that of the accounts. I am not an auditor neither am I an accountant.
My job is to do consultation, bill patients and ensure they have paid to her.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by Otunbakayce: 3:06pm On Jan 26, 2023
olaeffect:

Thank God for you.
That however does not mean that you should not still be very careful.
Women have been implicating innocent men since the time of Joseph.
Make her feel that you will do anything to help her out of the case, so that she won't make you an enemy.
Because when she is sure that she is going down her next move will be to make sure she goes down with you, if she considers you responsible for her being exposed or you not doing anything to help her cover up.

And considering her so-called innocent face, people may tend to believe her more than you.

Be very careful, case is not fully settled yet.
Exactly what I did, I also didn't exhaust all the evidence of unremitted fees that she collected. I kept some and some of the whom she pocked their bills are just a phone call away also.

1 Like

Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by Otunbakayce: 3:12pm On Jan 26, 2023
justiz5:

Weak internal control system.

It is not easy for someone to divert such huge sum of money if the checks and balances between your office and the recipient of your remittance are strengthened.

I am a trained and practicing accountant so I know exactly what I am talking about.

Internal Audits must be done regularly (monthly) to ensure compliance hencefort.

Receipts or other evidence of payments (be it electronic generated or otherwise) properly recorded and well documented and must always form the basis of source documents.
Your points are valid, I bet that was why the previous administrator was redeployed. The current administrator who checks our books told me the deficits in the hospitals budget is way too much and she is here to effect some changes.

1 Like

Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by Housing(m): 3:26pm On Jan 26, 2023
Otunbakayce:
I just discovered that my innocent looking assistant perpetrated a massive fraud of #3,860,000 under my watch from the month of May - December 2022.

My new hospital Administrator called me for a private meeting to inform me that I am under remitting and she wouldn't want to work with me anymore. I requested to see her book and I was lost in awe when I saw what was being recorded for my unit as remitted revenue.

I got angry and left to get my book which we compared to the administrators book and discovered that there were some months that this lady didnt remit a penny and when she remits for some months she would remit only about 20-30% of the amount we generated.

I went back to my office after comparing my books with that of the administrators with a promise to arrange receipts and other books for her to see. The administrator apologized to me for her thoughts towards me.

As soon as I got to my office I gave the books to my assistant and told her to arrange all our receipts and keep it on my table. This lady went home with all the books and didnt drop them as instructed.

I resumed work on Monday and she brought the book with incomplete receipts. This lady didnt remit a dime from the month of August to December. She was issuing a forged receipt and putting same in the books for me for monthly checks.

I generated about #5,362,000 and this lady only remitted 1,123,000 and the rest were paid through bank transfers which I am not sure if they were really paid.

Till this moment I can't believe that this lady could pull such heartless and wicked heist.

She has been begging me to help her die the case as it was because of family issue that made her do such.

I have made up my mind that I won't work with her again and its left for the Hospital management to find how to get their money from her.

Please your advice will be appreciated!

Please prepare yourself and tidy your book. Hope you have copies of books you gave to the said lady? Gather your heart together and arrange your books and evidences against her. You are major witness the Management can bank on. If you are not careful you will become co accuse. So get your heart together and start preparing your defense statement. As a superior officer always follow through on job/assignment and duties of your subordinates
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by olaeffect(m): 3:35pm On Jan 26, 2023
Otunbakayce:
Exactly what I did, I also didn't exhaust all the evidence of unremitted fees that she collected. I kept some and some of the whom she pocked their bills are just a phone call away also.

Wishing you all the best.
May God continue to bless us.
I had a policy of keeping my subordinates extra close when I was working.
Most of them (male/female/married/unmarried) are still my friends till date.
I go to their house and they come to mine. There is know you can steal or do fraud that I won't see the effect in your life and family.

The only staff 2 staffs who did fraud that ever worked with me where discovered doing fraud in other branches. Investigation where extended to their previous branches and only my branch was found clean on the 2 occasions.
Even management had to investigate me at a time grin

There is none of my key subordinates that I don't have full access to, I must penetrate your life, while at the same time opening mine to you. I no kuku get anything to hide.

The sector I worked in was fraud prone, but thank God I never experienced any directly in my almost 2 decades there.
Thank you Jesus. Nah God!!!
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by Gboom: 3:51pm On Jan 26, 2023
Otunbakayce:
It's not my responsibility to check if the receipt numbers tallies with that of the accounts. I am not an auditor neither am I an accountant.
You need to contact the owner of the business possibly with her and sort things out in a way that your clean bill of health will be stamped.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by NickD(m): 3:53pm On Jan 26, 2023
Otunbakayce:
I just discovered that my innocent looking assistant perpetrated a massive fraud of #3,860,000 under my watch from the month of May - December 2022.

My new hospital Administrator called me for a private meeting to inform me that I am under remitting and she wouldn't want to work with me anymore. I requested to see her book and I was lost in awe when I saw what was being recorded for my unit as remitted revenue.

I got angry and left to get my book which we compared to the administrators book and discovered that there were some months that this lady didnt remit a penny and when she remits for some months she would remit only about 20-30% of the amount we generated.

I went back to my office after comparing my books with that of the administrators with a promise to arrange receipts and other books for her to see. The administrator apologized to me for her thoughts towards me.

As soon as I got to my office I gave the books to my assistant and told her to arrange all our receipts and keep it on my table. This lady went home with all the books and didnt drop them as instructed.

I resumed work on Monday and she brought the book with incomplete receipts. This lady didnt remit a dime from the month of August to December. She was issuing a forged receipt and putting same in the books for me for monthly checks.

I generated about #5,362,000 and this lady only remitted 1,123,000 and the rest were paid through bank transfers which I am not sure if they were really paid.

Till this moment I can't believe that this lady could pull such heartless and wicked heist.

She has been begging me to help her die the case as it was because of family issue that made her do such.

I have made up my mind that I won't work with her again and its left for the Hospital management to find how to get their money from her.

Let her face the music. Do not defend her else she'll say you were part of it.

1 Like

Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by Chivadoski(m): 4:05pm On Jan 26, 2023
I once warned someone working in a cooperative company to report a fraud under her to the company but she wanted to cover up for the person in order to be a good person, later she’s the one suffering it after been bursted, she has been going to court and paying the money

Once she leaves she will see you as a fool who could be manipulated, You better report her now she is still working there, once she resign or quit na you go suffer am, your reputation will be damaged, above all you may pay the money

If you want the be a good person you go still pay for it later, watch and see Mr Goodman.

2 Likes

Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by donrexhibites(m): 4:12pm On Jan 26, 2023
You were let go because of your inattention. You should present the hospital with the evidence, otherwise I hope you get arrested for this fraud. You are culpable by keeping the information to yourself.
Imagine if it was your business, almost 4 million Naira in the APC era.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by bablon20(m): 4:27pm On Jan 26, 2023
U no gree show us her picture and u want us to believe she looks innocent.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by GreaterFuture(m): 5:06pm On Jan 26, 2023
Otunbakayce:
She is a Jehovah witness, a nursing mother and not my type.
I am also not the type that lust after anything in skirt.
Aaaaaah! Wow!
Wow wow wow
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by GreaterFuture(m): 5:18pm On Jan 26, 2023
jmaxjohn:

JW take stealing and fraud very seriously
Do they?? Do they really I'm a victim of one right now...
A useless evil lying demon,
Same as OP, looks very normal, very very normal and cool on the outside, but is a career liar...
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by noisy45(m): 5:24pm On Jan 26, 2023
Otunbakayce:

It must be a state or federal hospital. Massive corruption dey there
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by sacajawea: 5:29pm On Jan 26, 2023
abescom:
I hope the hospital is not in Ibadan, kini memorial? Cos their admin is also innocent looking but once almost raped me after I ignored her passes for like 3 years.

I am not sure why my mind is going to that hospital but I won't name names.
A woman, tried to rape you??
It is making very little sense to me...
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by sacajawea: 5:31pm On Jan 26, 2023
olaeffect:

Because when she is sure that she is going down her next move will be to make sure she goes down with you, if she considers you responsible for her being exposed or you not doing anything to help her cover up.

And considering her so-called innocent face, people may tend to believe her more than you.

Be very careful, case is not fully settled yet.
The way it looks now, be like say him still dey slippery ground...

1 Like

Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by sacajawea: 5:32pm On Jan 26, 2023
Ikea81:
Please, just leave her. That's her share..she must have truely been pressured by family wahala.
Lool, has to be some Kinda of fuccking Joke
Your whole comment, you seem to be mentally unstable

Who go Kon face Hospital??
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by sacajawea: 5:33pm On Jan 26, 2023
Otunbakayce:
Are you a medical Dr?
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by mayorsho89(m): 5:51pm On Jan 26, 2023
In this age and time...no organization should still be using books to run their account. There are various accounting softwares that can be use to track all financial activities of an organization and also guide against fraud such as this.

The lady is quite greedy and a thief, such an act must be condenmed totally, but your organization is also not serious with its finances hence the loophole.

Get an account software for your company. You can contact me if you need help about it.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by Unclesamo(m): 6:28pm On Jan 26, 2023
Otunbakayce:
She is a Jehovah witness, a nursing mother and not my type.
I am also not the type that lust after anything in skirt.

Are you expected to inform the management about this fraud??
Always remember, while she was stealing those funds, she saw you as a fool who is not smart enough to catch her.....

I pray she doesn't implicate you this time.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by kiddkash(m): 6:57pm On Jan 26, 2023
siofra:

Men are even more wicked.
They can kill their children just to do money rituals.
Now you see your problem!
Someone commited a fraudulent act, and instead of calling out such atrocity, you are showing indignation.

It's really sad
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by jmaxjohn(m): 7:33pm On Jan 26, 2023
GreaterFuture:

Do they?? Do they really I'm a victim of one right now...
A useless evil lying demon,
Same as OP, looks very normal, very very normal and cool on the outside, but is a career liar...

Yes they do. As long as you have your evidence, things like these are not taken lightly at all
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:26pm On Jan 26, 2023
worldTina:
Already a corrupt country,fraud A1

Fraud has no nationality.

Many people are opportunistic criminals. If you see the fraud Americans perpetrated for the Covid 19 loans, e go shock you pass anything.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by abescom: 8:37pm On Jan 26, 2023
sacajawea:

A woman, tried to rape you??
It is making very little sense to me...
I am dead serious.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by bigiyaro(m): 9:07pm On Jan 26, 2023
Never ever trust any human being when it comes to money and sex. Always do the needful.
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by vickydevoka(m): 9:11pm On Jan 26, 2023
Otunbakayce:

Pretend everything is alright and report

1 Like

Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by vickydevoka(m): 9:14pm On Jan 26, 2023
freddie009:
If you see a man that's is a thief is easy to detect as compared to women. A woman can look like an angel but she is capable of killing someone. Never judge a woman by her look.

Beauty isn't synonymous with Goodheart.
No be for me. My mama say I get eagle eyes. The more good looking a woman look the more dangerous she is. That has been my mindset
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by LZAA: 9:23pm On Jan 26, 2023
Them thief your over 3 milla you dey type Englishgrin
That babe go dey kirikiri until the money show
Nansense
Re: My Innocent Looking Female Assistant Carried Out A Massive Fraud by sacajawea: 9:29pm On Jan 26, 2023
abescom:
I am dead serious.
Make it make Sense,
How and where??
Does she fit the description the Pap said of her, nursing mother, JW etc. Etc..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Michelle Ekure, Shoemaker, Receives Award - Photos / The New Girl I hired Keeps A Frown Whenever She Brings Anything To Me.(photos) / Mathematics/stastistics Vs Mechanical Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.