Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,328 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? (26215 Views)

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / How Airtel Is Winning The Battle For Supremacy In Nigeria’s Internet Market / Clean Iphone � 6s Available For Pick Up - Phone/internet Market - Nai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by Lukgaf(m): 6:11pm On Jan 31, 2023
I'm happy to read Starlink has made its way to Nigeria, bringing an end to the frustration caused by subpar 2G providers claiming to offer 4G/5G services. Although the cost of the Starlink device may be high (around 200k), the quality-wise monthly subscription is relatively affordable, making it a viable option for many.

This arrival of Starlink is sure to shake up the market and force the competition, such as Uncle Yellow, Green, and Red, to step up their game.

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by Lukgaf(m): 6:11pm On Jan 31, 2023
What do you think?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by Lukgaf(m): 6:19pm On Jan 31, 2023
Similarly, starlink's availability in Nigeria brings hope for a more connected future, especially for students and those who have been limited by the high cost of internet access. I believe this will pave the way for affordable internet, making it possible for more individuals to have access to educational resources, including my Yorùbá mathematics classes. I'm looking forward to reaching a wider audience and sharing my knowledge with more students.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by BRATISLAVA: 7:18pm On Jan 31, 2023
Yes to your mathematics classes!

Thank you!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by LeopardX: 7:30pm On Jan 31, 2023
Wait until Google comes aboard with their equiano stuff.

Everywhere go scatter.

It's for the good of the nation.

We are being held captive by MTN, AIRTEL, GLO & 9MOBILE

196 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by Lukgaf(m): 7:36pm On Jan 31, 2023
LeopardX:

Everywhere go scatter.

Waooh looking forward to this

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by NinjaXmetahuman: 7:58pm On Jan 31, 2023
LeopardX:

Everywhere go scatter.

I thought equino stuff is gonna be fiber optics stuff with limited coverage like the current fibre solution in the country?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by LeopardX: 8:24pm On Jan 31, 2023
NinjaXmetahuman:
I thought equino stuff is gonna be fiber optics stuff with limited coverage like the current fibre solution in the country?
Yes. But the price will be extremely cheap compared to what we have currently.

Imagine paying 1k for 50gig. 😲

137 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by faceland: 9:48pm On Jan 31, 2023
DSTV should be a competition to Elon Musk... It is too expensive for me.

Best for heavy duty internet users that are making lots of money (gamers, livestreamers, TV channels and so on).

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by faceland: 9:53pm On Jan 31, 2023
LeopardX:

I wish they have a 2k or 5k naira plan.

11 Likes

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by Ahmed0336(m): 10:04pm On Jan 31, 2023
I am in love with Glo.

That starlink subscription amount na for ritualists and Yahoo boys.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by seanwilliam(m): 10:06pm On Jan 31, 2023
Most people won’t be able to afford the installation fee .
But the subscription fee is fair enough

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by Ournolly: 10:17pm On Jan 31, 2023
LeopardX:

Everywhere go scatter.

Equiano will be very limited.
Mainly available to coastal areas like Lagos and PH.
This has always been the biggest issue with most fiber optic services.

It's very expansive to expand their services and when done to non-coastal regions there tend to be a lot of service maintenance and issues that have to do with the underground wiring.

Satellite services like StarLink on the other hand is a game changer, and the fact that SpaceX is a space exploration company is a double boost.

Elon is dominating isp across the globe, no doubt.
Can't wait to watch the likes of mtn and glo scammers sweat profusely. grin

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by SuperOnyi: 10:26pm On Jan 31, 2023
shocked

I love it! The business monopoly by the few network providers here is coming to an end, hopefully it becomes cheaper for people like us.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by LeopardX: 10:38pm On Jan 31, 2023
Ournolly:

Equiano will be very limited.
Mainly available to coastal areas like Lagos and PH.
This has always being the biggest issues with most fiber optic services.

It's very expansive to expand their services and when done to non coastal regions there tend to be a lot of service maintenance and issues that has to do with the underground wiring.

Satellite services like StarLink at the other hand is a game change, and the fact that SpaceX is a space exploration company is a double boost.

Elon is dominating isp across the globe, no doubt.
Can't wait to watch the likes of mtn and glo scammers sweat profusely. grin
Hmmn food for thought.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by anyilalaz: 10:57pm On Jan 31, 2023
Don't be surely excited. This is a country were things that work in other climes fail yakata. Even established theories, laws, principles... the people, etc

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by jimmychang: 11:05pm On Jan 31, 2023
Corruption go enter.
Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by 2rez: 11:06pm On Jan 31, 2023
Just give them some time & see for yourself how much of an a.s.sho.le they sorry as.s gonna become. In a nutshell, they all start goood till they join the league of as.sho.les & become as.sho.les.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by wiseone28: 12:26am On Feb 01, 2023
Nothing
Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by dochenaj: 12:33am On Feb 01, 2023
The hardware costs is the only limitation, if not, I can almost be certain that there would be an almost immediate widespread adoption of Starlink as the defacto ISP all across Nigeria.

And being satellite technology, even the hinterlands are covered.

MTN, Airtel and co can go and sit in the heap of dirt with their pathetic 4G that acts worse than 2G.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by kozmokaz(m): 1:43am On Feb 01, 2023
Lukgaf:
Similarly, starlink's availability in Nigeria brings hope for a more connected future, especially for students and those who have been limited by the high cost of internet access. I believe this will pave the way for affordable internet, making it possible for more individuals to have access to educational resources, including my Yorùbá mathematics classes. I'm looking forward to reaching a wider audience and sharing my knowledge with more students.

Cc seun please can I know why I'm been restricted on the politics section?
Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by fr3do(m): 1:55am On Feb 01, 2023
anyilalaz:
Don't be surely excited. This is a country were things that work in other climes fail yakata. Even established theories, laws, principles... the people, etc

This is satellite communication
There's nothing much bad belle people can do, except they want to shoot down the satellites

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by Surgeman: 4:18am On Feb 01, 2023
Jedi mind tricks in action. Africans will never learn.
Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by Emmanuel909090: 4:24am On Feb 01, 2023
What is their rate?
Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by blingxx(m): 5:23am On Feb 01, 2023
Ahmed0336:
I am in love with Glo.

That starlink subscription amount na for ritualists and Yahoo boys.

19k monthly sub ain't that much bruh

8 Likes

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by Kk4(m): 7:20am On Feb 01, 2023
Don't be quick to welcome Starlink to Nigeria. There is a reason most developed countries don't have it or let it operate in their countries.
Can you imagine the amount of Nigerians information that will be at the United States disposal when Starlink becomes fully accessible by Nigerians.

12 Likes

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by Ournolly: 7:26am On Feb 01, 2023
Kk4:
Don't be quick to welcome Starlink to Nigeria. There is a reason most developed countries don't have it or let it operate in their countries.
Can you imagine the amount of Nigerians information that will be at the United States disposal when Starlink becomes fully accessible by Nigerians.
Nigerian information full USA via social media.
I can't see any country rejecting StarLink apart from the likes of China, Russia and North Korea who are known enemies of US.
StarLink is new and still expanding.

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by ibkonekt(m): 7:45am On Feb 01, 2023
Kk4:
ogbeni getout

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by LittleBigDick(m): 8:23am On Feb 01, 2023
Congrats on giving your personal details to a private corp which are not hard to get

Anybody can social engineer his way into Star link and find out where you live

I rather stick to my 3G Glo ( proudly supporting business of a Nigerian not a white billionaire)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by Okere18: 8:53am On Feb 01, 2023
faceland:
DSTV should be a competition to Elon Musk... It is too expensive for me.

Best for heavy duty internet users that are making lots of money (gamers, livestreamers, TV channels and so on).
With Elon starlink, Netflix go sweet

11 Likes

Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by 23jerryking(m): 11:00am On Feb 01, 2023
LeopardX:

Outright bully of course grin
LeopardX:

Outright bully of course
Re: Starlink Will Shake Up The Internet Market! What do you think? by Kk4(m): 11:11am On Feb 01, 2023
ibkonekt:

ogbeni getout
Fustrated yahoo boy. Get a life.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Are People Still Reacharging Their Lines With Paper Recharge Cards / How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone / How Policemen Connive With Area Boys At Ikeja, Computer Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.