Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles (11702 Views)

GEJ Launches G_WIN (pics) / GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women / GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by norrisman: 8:43pm On Sep 08, 2011
^^^^^

Please enlighten me. how is it different from the current system?
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by manny4life(m): 8:45pm On Sep 08, 2011
werepeLeri:

LOL - you are the re-tarded one and no need to enlighten you. Keep living with your ignorance.

Well then, no need to remind him to keep living with his ignorance; it's either you enlighten him (obviously you have nothing to say) or just knock it off.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by werepeLeri: 8:46pm On Sep 08, 2011
ideylaff:

i can bet my bottom dollar that this db is an excel spreadsheet knowing Nigeria.

Oh myyy Nigeria, Presidency,  why is ds not announced by a low cadre office instead of GEJ bragging /looking silly on his face book

NO CCT TV to track where the car was last spotted

NO device for the Police to check

SO if a crime happens in Calabar, To track the car in Lagos, The police in Lagos will have all the crime car numbers all over
the country to identify the actual car,

What a bunch of shameless junks leading us , and they went on and announced this to the whole world,

Please tell me how the Police with their half charged GSM phone will use this database by looking at the cars as they pass them, RANDOMLY

LOL

WELCOME TO GEJ's EXCEL SPREADSHEET, FRESH AIR THAT STINKS,

N' b4 u have a go @ me about us not bn gratefull, pls, I support laudable and sensible engagements,  NOT A PACK OF LIES BASED ON MICROSOFT EXCEL 2007 WHICH I THINK IT IS

Sometimes it is better to keep quiet than to talk and ooze out excessive odour and inaudible gibberish. You think? and all you based your arrant vituperations on is just what you think? Silly u.

If you dont know, why not keep quiet instead of talking like you know everything?
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by werepeLeri: 8:48pm On Sep 08, 2011
Nairaland is not a place where you must talk for just talkings sake- if you dont understand, it is better to shut up. If you want to know more details of the project- go to the police or FRSC instead of acting God and putting things down as if you are a whiz kid who knows everything.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by manny4life(m): 8:50pm On Sep 08, 2011
it's people like you who swallow everything ; hook, line and sinker. Anyway, what's the use to all your rantings? Even a whiz kid at one point in time had a disconnect on a certain topic with his mentor. This is reality, in 2012 not the century before Christ.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by norrisman: 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2011
@ werepe (what a name  grin)

No one is acting God or claiming to be a w(h)izkid (awon eleyi won badt gan) but not everyone can be bamboozoled by the use of ordinary english words. How is what Retardeen proposing any different from the current system of vehicle registration?
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by werepeLeri: 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2011
Simply go to the FRSC and ask questions - it is a very simple thing to do.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by norrisman: 8:54pm On Sep 08, 2011
I am not in a position to go to FRSC so can you help or maybe you havent got a clue and you are just tripping on the word database. database no be big thing like that o!
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by MarcusVick: 8:54pm On Sep 08, 2011
@werepeLeri

why must u just shoot everyone down by being insulting and combative, especially without putting out ur own opinion and why u disagree Seriously, u need to chill.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by werepeLeri: 8:57pm On Sep 08, 2011
Look- why must every one talk rubish? ask yourself.

GEJ merely launched this project- and he made a four line statement on it- and some folks think within the four line statement, they will understand the technical details of the project as if GEJ was the technical brain behind it? Come on. Act civilised for once. LOL.

Something is wrong with people here. IF you want to know- call up the people in charge and ask questions rather than coming on Nairaland to yearn dust like if say na GEJ sit down to draw the database, fill it in and even man it. Shuo.

Eyin tun baaad gan o. I am worried about some people's thinking faculty- seriously.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by violent(m): 8:58pm On Sep 08, 2011
the importance of a state-owned database over a federal one is that the state is better situated to manage and update the database. And if each state has its own database it is pointless to create a federal database. All each state needs to do is provide an administrative password for sister states so that an officer in another state can verify the registration.

Isn't it a lot more efficient to access one database for information than access 36?

A state managed database would mean people that are interested in accessing information would rely on local servers, what happens in a case where lagos workers are on strike and the server in lagos was shut down? should that impede the capacity of other officials nationwide to access information?. . .How about if there is no "light" to power up the server in Kano?  

If the importance of a state owned database is the fact that it allows for easy management, i see no reason why his cannot be achieved with a global database as all you require is input from state officials to a central server which is managed by a central IT group.

An illustration of this is better provided with the workings of the corporate world.  Companies with hundreds of branches spread all over are more efficient in transmitting information around simply because they manage a central database.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Dauchman(m): 8:59pm On Sep 08, 2011
I just have one question.

How does a database of cars and it's owners help curb or reduce terrorism? Someone please educate me.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 9:01pm On Sep 08, 2011
Princek12: This database is stupidity at its finest. This is why we need true federalism in Nigeria, as the federal government of Nigeria apparently does not know its roles and all to often invades the territory that is traditionally reserved for the states.

Vehicle registration is a state function, so why in the hell will the FG launch a database to monitor vehicles registered by states? Why should the FG care about state vehicle registration? It is not practical for the FG to monitor all the vehicle in each state.

The FG should make a database for its citizens, immigrants, and secure our borders. The FG should deregulate the power sector and worry about fixing federal roads, federal airports, passports, visas, and so on. The passport office probably does not have a database of passport holders.

This okrika mentality sef

I would be thoroughly ashamed to show this post to a toddler. I wonder if some people post, not out of knowledge or any sort of intelligence, but simply because they can type? Its disgraceful.
Why is the default response of many "educated" Nigerians an emission of loud rubbish that makes little sense? Believe me, nobody looks kindly on a person who dissents loudly for the sake of the loudness of the noise they make.

Nigeria's real problem is citizen culture and awareness, not any of the things we beat to death like corruption and underdevelopment. If a countries citizenry is mentally wretched, that country is headed for the lagoon. How do you help or develop people that refuse to be helped or developed?
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by werepeLeri: 9:02pm On Sep 08, 2011
Dauchman:

How does a database of cars and it's owners help curb or reduce terrorism? Someone please educate me.

Did u read GEJ's speech?

LOL.

Here is what he said:

Last Friday I launched a comprehensive database on all Vehicles in Nigeria designed to link every vehicle to its owner/operator such that vehicles can be traced within seconds. This is part of proactive steps we are taking as part of a review of our national security architecture to lay greater emphasis on intelligence and citizens' participation in security surveillance. Terrorism has no conscience and spares no one. We must stand together against terror in its destructive manifestations. GEJ
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by violent(m): 9:05pm On Sep 08, 2011
Dauchman:

It doesn't!  a terrorist is a man who is determined to die and take several others along with him.  

A database of cars and its owners helps officials to make informed decisions, gather intelligence, explain missing clues etc etc.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 9:06pm On Sep 08, 2011
Dauchman:

At the press of a button, you can know every single person that has ever owned a particular car, where they lived and when. You also have their photo.
The above aside, you can have a trace of every person that has been at the wheel of the car each time the police have stopped it.

Of course there is much more (use your imagination, its a rich resource), but if you think none of the above can help fight terrorism, then you can't be helped.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by ideylaff: 9:06pm On Sep 08, 2011
Simply go to the FRSC and ask questions - it is a very simple thing to do.

@werepeLeri,  i wont engage you in an immature manner cos I'm a cultured and well mannered person.

One lesson is that when you are in a faceless environment and diagree with someones views, you can still hold you own without bn rude or
uncouth.

We are no fools so GEJ cannot fool us with all these spreadsheet called a database business please
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 9:09pm On Sep 08, 2011
norrisman:

I am not in a position to go to FRSC so can you help or maybe you havent got a clue and you are just tripping on the word database. database no be big thing like that o!

A database is not a big thing? shocked
What is the mental calibre of some NLers?
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by norrisman: 9:12pm On Sep 08, 2011
@ Beaf

So database na big thing for your eye! Chei my people have suffered. can you answer this question please: Is there an existing database of vehicles registered in Nigeria? if there is, why launch another one?
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 9:12pm On Sep 08, 2011
ideylaff:

@werepeLeri,  i wont engage you in an immature manner cos I'm a cultured and well manner person.

One lesson is that when you are in a faceless environment and diagree with someones views, you can still hold you own without bn rude or
uncouth.

We are no fools so GEJ cannot fool us with all these spreadsheet called a database [/b]business please

The govt has announced they are creating a [b]database
Most fools know the difference between a spreadsheet and a database. So why do ambiguities exist in your mind?
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Princek12(m): 9:13pm On Sep 08, 2011
Beaf:

I would be thoroughly ashamed to show this post to a toddler. I wonder if some people post, not out of knowledge or any sort of intelligence, but simply because they can type? Its disgraceful.
Why is the default response of many "educated" Nigerians an emission of loud rubbish that makes little sense? Believe me, nobody looks kindly on a person who dissents loudly for the sake of the loudness of the noise they make.

Nigeria's real problem is citizen culture and awareness, not any of the things we beat to death like corruption and underdevelopment. If a countries citizenry is mentally wretched, that country is headed for the lagoon. How do you help or develop people that refuse to be helped or developed?

And you think your ad hominem attack, which is devoid of any reasoning, is worthy of being shown to a toddler? It is tragedy when a fool thinks the wise person is the fool, or when the insane thinks the sane is the insane. Go see a pastor.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Builder: 9:14pm On Sep 08, 2011
After 103 days of GEJ in power at last he finally have an achievement, i bet he must have told the american ambassador about this as well. what a useless man running a useless country
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 9:16pm On Sep 08, 2011
norrisman:

@ Beaf

So database na big thing for your eye! Chei my peole have suffered. can you answer this question please: Is there an existing database of vehicles registered in Nigeria? if there is, why launch another one?

Yes, it is. Only a fool would think a database is a minor thing; but then, you know your type, all full of gas.
Dude, its your call if you prefer the stone age to the modern World; the rest of us are very happily developing and moving on.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Dauchman(m): 9:18pm On Sep 08, 2011
Beaf:

At the press of a button, you can know every single person that has ever owned a particular car, where they lived and when. You also have their photo.
The above aside, you can have a trace of every person that has been at the wheel of the car each time the police have stopped it. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Of course there is much more (use your imagination, its a rich resource), but if you think none of the above can help fight terrorism, then you can't be helped. grin grin grin grin grin
werepeLeri:

Did u read GEJ's speech?

LOL.

Here is what he said:

Last Friday I launched a comprehensive database on all Vehicles in Nigeria designed to link every vehicle to its owner/operator such that vehicles can be traced within seconds. This is part of proactive steps we are taking as part of a review of our national security architecture to lay greater emphasis on intelligence and citizens' participation in security surveillance. Terrorism has no conscience and spares no one. We must stand together against terror in its destructive manifestations. GEJ

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

One more question do we now have CCTV on our roads in Nigeria? Or are the policemen going to carry hidden cameras so they can get a glimpse of who has driven a car. What about our corrupt officials who would happily hand out more than one license plate to an individual.

What about the fact that the car would have been stolen by the suicide bomber? apparently he would not go to the police and say i stole a car to bomb the country.

C'mon we are smarter than this. I can give a million flaws. Like someone correctly said we should start with data on citizens, cause this would not help us catch a single terrorist but rather help our inept police and security forces harass innocent citizens.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Princek12(m): 9:18pm On Sep 08, 2011
violent:

Isn't it a lot more efficient to access one database for information  than access  36?

A state managed database would mean people that are interested in accessing information would rely on local servers, what happens in a case where lagos workers are on strike and the server in lagos was shut down? should that impede the capacity of other officials nationwide to access information?. . .How about if there is no "light" to power up the server in Kano?  

If the importance of a state owned database is the fact that it allows for easy management, i see no reason why his cannot be achieved with a global database as all you require is input from state officials to a central server which is managed by a central IT group.

An illustration of this is better provided with the workings of the corporate world.  Companies with hundreds of branches spread all over are more efficient in transmitting information around simply because they manage a central database.  

You don't understand how databases work. Just because Lagos has a database does not mean that it has to be hosted in Lagos. Most database companies have backup systems or backup energy sources in the event of a power outage.

And applying your rationale, don't you think that centralizing the database is more dangerous? What if power fails in Abuja, it means that the entire system will shut down. This has been an issue with Nigeria, where everything is centralized: PHCN, Nigeria police force, etc. In the event that the central entity fails, the entire country shuts down. I would rather take my chance with having multiple database from different states than the risk of one centralized source.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 9:20pm On Sep 08, 2011
Princek12:

And you think your ad hominem attack, which is devoid of any reasoning, is worthy of being shown to a toddler? It is tragedy when a fool thinks the wise person is the fool, or when the insane thinks the sane is the insane. Go see a pastor.

My attack wasn't meant to reason with you. What on Earth made you think it was? shocked
I read your post and was totally disgusted and ashamed, because foreigners use NL too. I don't want them thinking Nigerians are id!ots.

For your own good, if you don't know something, wisdom says to keep shtum.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by norrisman: 9:20pm On Sep 08, 2011
@ beaf

Ordinary Sweetshops and foodstalls have databases and you are sat in your rat infested, barbwire barricaded, diesel generator powered house thinking it is a big deal. I sorry sorry o, i sorry for Nigeria. I can do you a simple database in about half an hour.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 9:25pm On Sep 08, 2011
norrisman:

@ beaf

Ordinary Sweetshops and foodstalls have databases and you are sat in your rat infested, barbwire barricaded, diesel generator powered house thinking it is a big deal. I sorry sorry o, i sorry for Nigeria. I can do you a simple database in about half an hour.

Oh! You would code a database for google or NASA in half an hour? Infantile and absolutely foolish gibberish.

I guess you are one of those cut and join developers that has learnt to write the most basic crap. Your post is really id!otic.
I bet only a fool would think they can do an enterprise database in one month, talk-less of half an hour.

I wouldn't even interview your type, cos you've shown that you are empty.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by norrisman: 9:27pm On Sep 08, 2011
@ beaf

Please answer this: Do we have an existing database of cars registered in Nigeria?
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 9:29pm On Sep 08, 2011
norrisman:

@ beaf

Please answer this: Do we have an existing database of cars registered in Nigeria?

You tell us if there is one. Or wouldn't that help your "argument?"

Dauchman:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

One more question do we now have CCTV on our roads in Nigeria? Or are the policemen going to carry hidden cameras so they can get a glimpse of who has driven a car. What about our corrupt officials who would happily hand out more than one license plate to an individual.

What about the fact that the car would have been stolen by the suicide bomber? apparently he would not go to the police and say i stole a car to bomb the country.

C'mon we are smarter than this. I can give a million flaws. Like someone correctly said we should start with data on citizens, cause this would not help us catch a single terrorist but rather help our inept police and security forces harass innocent citizens.

Lol! . . .Any "reason" at all to remain backward is useful for some.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by norrisman: 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2011
@ beaf

Yes there is an existing database. Why then the need to launch a new database. What is it going to do differently from the existing one? Are Nigerians going to have to submit finger prints and retina scans when registering new cars. Tell me how this new possibly multi billion naira database is going to differ from the current system. Shouldnt it at most be a case of improving on the existing database by ensuring data integrity and possibly networking all the disjointed databases dotted all around the country.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Dauchman(m): 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2011
Beaf:

You tell us if there is one. Or wouldn't that help your "argument?"

Lol! . . .Any "reason" at all to remain backward is useful for some.

Mate, you know I would appreciate if you could show me you know better instead of showing me your level of ignorance by being rude.

P.S In what world does a president come out and give details of his security plans. shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mark Dauda Kidnapped In Adamawa Ahead Of APC Governorship Rally / Reps Protest Anambra, Enugu’s Exclusion From FG Agricultural Scheme / Senate Considers Rejecting Buhari’s Ambassadorial Nominees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.