Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles (11699 Views)

GEJ Launches G_WIN (pics) / GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women / GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Princek12(m): 12:32am On Sep 09, 2011
Beaf:

This is foolish at best. Do you know the structure of the database? Do you know if it is distributed? You just wanna say something no matter how puerile to support a primitive argument.

As for states updating it. Do we now have state police, so why yarning dust?

You are an Ediot . Do we need state police to register vehicles? Ediot. Dept. of motor vehicles can register cars.

You have agreed that the states already have the database into which motor vehicle information is entered. So why create another database consisting of entirely the same thing?

Quit the ad hominem attach and make a reasoned argument that challenges the veracity of mine. Mukaila.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by manny4life(m): 12:35am On Sep 09, 2011
Beaf:

^
Lol! Mr intellectual Tarzan!

The constitution does not allow for the sort of proposals you are making, because we do not practise true federalism.

At the barest minimum, your proposal would require state police.
Nobody is going to wait for an unknown number of months or years while the NASS bickers about changes to be made, whereas, boko haram bombs are going off here and now. Also, nobody will base plans on laws that do not yet exist.

That we don't practice true federalism is because "all arms of govt" are clueless about their roles. The Nigerian constitution does not give give the FG powers to do this; all powers not delegated by the constitution to the FG is left to the states. My proposal? I did not know I had one. Although you don't need a state police IMO, Regardless, even if a state police isn't possible, a security agency can be used in lieu of a state police rather they have limited and restricted functions. If each state had a security service agency solely responsible for security, peace and freedom in states, I'm certain they will perform a lot better than their counterparts at the federal level.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 12:36am On Sep 09, 2011
Princek12:

You are an . Do we need state police to register vehicles? . Dept. of motor vehicles can register cars.

You have agreed that the states already have the database into which motor vehicle information is entered. So why create another database consisting of entirely the same thing?

Quit the ad hominem attach and make a reasoned argument that challenges the veracity of mine. Mukaila.

I have kept asking this simple question that you keep dodging.
You will find wisdom, if only you would take time to answer it. . . grin grin grin grin

Like I asked you previously. . . If you have a car, but wish to fly, do you "improve" your car or do you buy an aeroplane?
. . .I guess fools would say both move, so "improve" the car.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Kobojunkie: 12:38am On Sep 09, 2011
Princek12:

You are an Ediot . Do we need state police to register vehicles? Ediot. Dept. of motor vehicles can register cars.
You are correct! The Department of motor vehicles already registers cars and their owners. Information on license plates registered in what state, State licence information and even State ID information already exist in such States like Lagos.

The FG can as well source it's data from these already existing pools of data out there. Customs for one can even help in updating this database as well.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Princek12(m): 12:39am On Sep 09, 2011
Beaf:

I have kept asking this simple question that you keep dodging.
You will find wisdom, if only you would take time to answer it. . . grin grin grin grin

Like I asked you previously. . . If you have a car, but wish to fly, do you "improve" your car or do you buy an aeroplane?
. . .I guess fools would say both move, so "improve" the car.

Quit comparing apples to oranges. If I have a car and I need to fly, of course I will buy an aeroplane. But if I have a car, and I need to drive, I will not buy another car, nor will I buy an aeroplane.
Here, the fed govt does not need to fly, so they do not need to buy an aeroplane. All they need to do is drive, and a car exists, so there is even no need to buy another car. All they have to do is access the databases of the states.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by norrisman: 12:40am On Sep 09, 2011
Beaf, your car and aeroplane analogy is just plain daft. Let me break it down for u. We already have an existing database of cars in Nigeria where data such as name, address, car registration, chasis number e.t.c is captured. Unless Retarden plans to ask existing car owners and new car buyers to provide addtional data such as fingerprints and retina scans, then whatever 'new' database that is created will be no better a tool to fight terrorism than the database that exists today. Like I said it will be a case of old wine in a new bottle.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 12:40am On Sep 09, 2011
manny4life:

That we don't practice true federalism is because "all arms of govt" are clueless about their roles. The Nigerian constitution does not give give the FG powers to do this; all powers not delegated by the constitution to the FG is left to the states. My proposal? I did not know I had one. Although you don't need a state police IMO, Regardless, even if a state police isn't possible, a security agency can be used in lieu of a state police rather they have limited and restricted functions. If each state had a security service agency solely responsible for security, peace and freedom in states, I'm certain they will perform a lot better than their counterparts at the federal level.

What state would you trust to fish out boko haram? Remember that is the driver of the database initiative.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Dauchman(m): 12:41am On Sep 09, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I don't think we can underestimate the power of a useful database in the fight against terrorism. Only I will not rush to conclude that this one will, considering this is about the umpteenth time this same federal government has announced yet another database scheme. A database is only as effective as the data it contains and creating a new database, from scratch every other year leaves one to question the sanity of those who keep coming up with these ideas.

I think you can definitely have a database of cars-- maybe some inventory of cars that have entered the country, etc. But I also believe we do/should have a database of majority of the humans in Nigeria to work with as well(INEC's list which ought to be a national list.
I would debate this one!

Yes we can never under estimate the usefulness of a good database but the problem with this one is, a good database for the wrong purpose. It is alright to have a database of  cars that we have in the country, it's done every where but they do not use it to fight terrorism but for things like checking who needs to be taxed, know the amount of private cars that run on the roads etc.

What we really need like you have pointed out is a human database, that way you can monitor people closely. from such database you can tell if one is living above his means, you investigate further and find out what the source of his money is, etc.

Like i stated earlier a vehicle database cannot be accurate because most people do not even drive cars that belong to them or they bought themselves.

What part are you debating the smartness!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by norrisman: 12:43am On Sep 09, 2011
@princek12

Your knowledge and understanding of the subject being debated is recognised. Keep on schooling these clowns
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 12:46am On Sep 09, 2011
norrisman:

Beaf, your car and aeroplane analogy is just plain daft. Let me break it down for u. We already have an existing database of cars in Nigeria where data such as name, address, car registration, chasis number e.t.c is captured. Unless Retarden plans to ask existing car owners and new car buyers to provide addtional data such as fingerprints and retina scans, then whatever 'new' database that is created will be no better a tool to fight terrorism than the database that exists today. Like I said it will be a case of old wine in a new bottle.

Can the existing database trace owners and operators within seconds from anywhere? If not, why did it take so long to identify the owner of the car used in the suicide bombing in seconds after the number plate was known?
Guy, you are plain daft and looking for excuses.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Kobojunkie: 12:47am On Sep 09, 2011
Dauchman:

Yes we can never under estimate the usefulness of a good database but the problem with this one is, a good database for the wrong purpose. It is alright to have a database of  cars that we have in the country, it's done every where but they do not use it to fight terrorism but for things like checking who needs to be taxed, know the amount of private cars that run on the roads etc.
I think I understand what you are saying and I kind of agree. The FG does not need a separate Database when States, and most likely Customs already maintains a database of cars coming into the country, and leaving, as well as Cars registered to Nigerians by State.

Like I said, this is Nigeria where a Database has to cost MILLIONS OF DOLLARS as everyone must chop!

Dauchman:

What we really need like you have pointed out is a human database, that way you can monitor people closely. from such database you can tell if one is living above his means, you investigate further and find out what the source of his money is, etc.
We already have that. INEC's database, in my opinion is the closest we have to a functional database of Nigerians(even with the many issues). I say this considering the FG has spent billions of Naira, over the years, on one database scheme or another, with near no results to show for all that loss.

Dauchman:

Like i stated earlier a vehicle database cannot be accurate because most people do not even drive cars that belong to them or they bought themselves.

I disagree with the above. Ofcourse it can be near accurate, if and only if, handling of the info is left to the states, customs, and other agencies that actually directly interface with Nigerians on a regular basis. I don't know how the FG plans to handle this on it's own . . . don't even know why the FG is making this announcement.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by manny4life(m): 12:48am On Sep 09, 2011
Beaf:

What state would you trust to fish out boko haram? Remember that is the driver of the database initiative.

I'm obviousy not in Nigeria and not in the position to tell you which state; however, the victimized states and even their origin will be a good place to start. The victim states are mostly northern, the moment the security agencies within those states begin to think like terrorist, that will be a beginning.

If the databse initiative is the driver for fishing out errorism, I laugh in Swahili. Remember I asked, when four people who have legit plate # and drivers license drive into a store and purchase fertilizers, does that raise a red flag? You cannot curb terrorism by plate numbers and license, but by actions of people.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by manny4life(m): 12:54am On Sep 09, 2011
Beaf:

Can the existing database trace owners and operators within seconds from anywhere? If not, why did it take so long to identify the owner of the car used in the suicide bombing in seconds after the number plate was known?
Guy, you are plain daft and looking for excuses.

Going by your logic, just because you identified the owner doesn't make him the terrorist, does it? There were several incompetency that could have played in that. If the FG had access to state agency database through a central core system, all the investigators need do is contact technical analysis, give them plate #, they will run the tags through the portal system, and voila with secs, there you have it. If they found the car owner, the what? Arrest him? His car could have been stolen, borrowed, or misplaced or anything could have happened. That don't make him the suspect.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 12:54am On Sep 09, 2011
Dauchman:

What part are you debating the smartness!!!! grin grin grin grin

Dude, you keep talking rubbish. What is a "human database?" Unu wound pesin wit una foolishness o!
Name one country in this World that has this "human database." Lol!!!!!!!!!

Rather every country, especially the developed ones which we wish to emulate, have numerous databases which they interlink to mine for data. Births and deaths, national insurance, health records, vehicle and driver licenses, voters and credit registers etc all form a pool of data that is used to fight crime and terrorism.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by norrisman: 12:59am On Sep 09, 2011
@ beaf

A database cant trace nobody. If you are telling me it took weeks to find the registered owner of the car used in the bombing. That means the data required already exists but accessing it was the problem. Why then does Retardeen go and make an announcement like he is going to do something revolutionary bu saying he launched a new database. He would have been better of saying existing car registration databases will all be linked to make improve access. Using your own car analogy, what retardeen announced is like going to buy a new car just because you cant find the key to your 6 month old car.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 1:02am On Sep 09, 2011
manny4life:

I'm obviousy not in Nigeria and not in the position to tell you which state; however, the victimized states and even their origin will be a good place to start. The victim states are mostly northern, the moment the security agencies within those states begin to think like terrorist, that will be a beginning.

If the databse initiative is the driver for fishing out errorism, I laugh in Swahili. Remember I asked, when four people who have legit plate # and drivers license drive into a store and purchase fertilizers, does that raise a red flag? You cannot curb terrorism by plate numbers and license, but by actions of people.

So you hand security to the states ravaged by boko haram, when it is well known that the elites in those states are the ones using boko haram to fight the govt?
That wouldn't be too smart on the part of the FG.

manny4life:

Going by your logic, just because you identified the owner doesn't make him the terrorist, does it? There were several incompetency that could have played in that. If the FG had access to state agency database through a central core system, all the investigators need do is contact technical analysis, give them plate #, they will run the tags through the portal system, and voila with secs, there you have it. If they found the car owner, the what? Arrest him? His car could have been stolen, borrowed, or misplaced or anything could have happened. That don't make him the suspect.

Finding the car owner will bring the police closer to solving the crime in all situations. If the car was stolen, the owner is bound to know where it was stolen, perhaps even give a description; other clues might be found by police at the scene where the car was stolen etc.
If the car was borrowed, then we have our man!
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 1:06am On Sep 09, 2011
norrisman:

@ beaf

A database cant trace nobody. If you are telling me it took weeks to find the registered owner of the car used in the bombing. That means the data required already exists but accessing it was the problem. Why then does Retardeen go and make an announcement like he is going to do something revolutionary bu saying he launched a new database. He would have been better of saying existing car registration databases will all be linked to make improve access. Using your own car analogy, what retardeen announced is like going to buy a new car just because you cant find the key to your 6 month old car.

Concerning the bolded, it simply means the current database isn't up to the task and a better one needs to be built asap (perhaps the existing one was "built in 30 minutes" by a sod like yourself grin).
The rest of your post is rubbish not worth a kids time.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by dayokanu(m): 1:08am On Sep 09, 2011
What does retardeen have to say this time around

They should place him on intensive watch before he uses Klin detergent to soak Garri

Odechukwu lomo
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Kobojunkie: 1:09am On Sep 09, 2011
wow

Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by manny4life(m): 1:17am On Sep 09, 2011
Beaf:

So you hand security to the states ravaged by boko haram, when it is well known that the elites in those states are the ones using boko haram to fight the govt?
That wouldn't be too smart on the part of the FG.

Finding the car owner will bring the police closer to solving the crime in all situations. If the car was stolen, the owner is bound to know where it was stolen, perhaps even give a description; other clues might be found by police at the scene where the car was stolen etc.
If the car was borrowed, then we have our man!

Trust me, even federal agencies rely heavily on local enforcement to gather information. I was talking about the reliance aspect because you said "what state would you entrust to fish out Boko Haram"? It's only logical that Northern states are more likely to know who they are, how they act because the security agencies within these states with right tools and resources, can find them. I'm not saying the federal agency sits back, NO, what I'm saying is states agencies with proper tools and resources have more leeway, to gather information about their surroundings better than federal agents. Trust and believe, FBI depends on hundreds of police officers and other agencies to do their jobs so does DHS.

No finding the owner takes you one step backwards due to initiating contact. If the car was stolen, the owner might or not have know and might or not have reported it. Different states have different laws, some states require you report a stolen vehicle within 24hrs, some longer or even longer. Whatever the statues of limitations are by law, that's what the person will claim. The person can travel out of town claiming no knowledge, the owner can abandon his property. I mean, the thoughts are endless, all to no avail. That a car was borrowed, anything could have happened beyond the change of custody. Besides, if someone is to commit such a treasonous act, why will they borrow a car? For crying out loud, terrorist don't register cars, phones, don't have furniture in their apartments, and because it's heavily financed, registration is just a long process. Whenever they are ready, all they need do is steal legit license plates and NOT the car from someone else.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 1:32am On Sep 09, 2011
manny4life:

Trust me, even federal agencies rely heavily on local enforcement to gather information. I was talking about the reliance aspect because you said "what state would you entrust to fish out Boko Haram"? It's only logical that Northern states are more likely to know who they are, how they act because the security agencies within these states with right tools and resources, can find them. I'm not saying the federal agency sits back, NO, what I'm saying is states agencies with proper tools and resources have more leeway, to gather information about their surroundings better than federal agents. Trust and believe, FBI depends on hundreds of police officers and other agencies to do their jobs so does DHS.

Nobody will leave the fight against boko haram in the hands of the locals. That is never ever gonna happen, so forget that argument, its a dead horse; support for boko haram is too strong with the locals; for their elite, it is a tool to bring power back home. Ain't happening. cool

manny4life:

No finding the owner takes you one step backwards due to initiating contact. If the car was stolen, the owner might or not have know and might or not have reported it. Different states have different laws, some states require you report a stolen vehicle within 24hrs, some longer or even longer. Whatever the statues of limitations are by law, that's what the person will claim. The person can travel out of town claiming no knowledge, the owner can abandon his property. I mean, the thoughts are endless, all to no avail. That a car was borrowed, anything could have happened beyond the change of custody. Besides, if someone is to commit such a treasonous act, why will they borrow a car? For crying out loud, terrorist don't register cars, phones, don't have furniture in their apartments, and because it's heavily financed, registration is just a long process. Whenever they are ready, all they need do is steal legit license plates and NOT the car from someone else.

Dude, if the owner does not yet know their car (or its license plate) is stolen, at least they know where it was left and thats a very strong clue. It points to the unmistakable fact that the terrorist or their organisation was at the spot the car was stolen at; that would open the possibility of eyewitness descriptions, DNA samples etc.
The same goes for a stolen phone etc.

A proper database would also discover that a license plate was stolen, because it would not match the registered car.

From your words, you aren't very conversant with Nigeria (I might be wrong), so you are mixing the sort of federalism that is practised in the States with the cosmetic unitary garbage handed down by military dictators that's practised in Nigeria. It will take time and effort to sort the countries structure out.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by emmatok(m): 1:38am On Sep 09, 2011
What is  all these notice about vehicle database.

The important thing is to link every drivers license to his/her  Vehicle/s  plate number(which is registered with engine and chases numbers).

So that the police, road safety e.t.c can easily identify a vehicle owner by looking at the plate number.

The current database does not  link drivers licence to his/her plate numbers.

In-fact most people without vehicles have drivers licence.

While some vehicle owners don't have drivers licence.

But the problem with Nigeria is enforcement and corruption.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by ideylaff: 2:06am On Sep 09, 2011
The govt has announced they are creating a database.
Most fools know the difference between a spreadsheet and a database. So why do ambiguities exist in your mind?

@ beaf, as usual you are busy defending GEJ even when u clearly know that he`s clueless and only reads whatever is put in front of him

Back to the issue of a database and a spreadsheet,

I was privy to the INEC db project and I can tell you that for 500 Million spent, it was a failure

a database for a general election that had to be done using laptop and scanners individually connected together and then taken to a collating centre, yet its still not on-line for people to check their details, Most state electoral records are still on one servers while each state has theirs,  to get it to Abuja they have to travel with Hard Drives all over the place to merge the db, what a pity

then you come on here and tell me another one is in the pipeline, to do what,

In developed countries, they have CCTV and other enablers to make the tracing of cars and solving of crime as easy and possible

When our Police Headquarters does not even have CCTV, nor can they identify any cars coming in and out of their premises,  LOL,  so LOL,

So tell me with this database, The policeman on the street will note the number of a car going @ say 30 miles an hour, radio back to his head quarters for them
to be on the look out for one particular car in the area. LOL grin

Ohhh OK every law enforcement officer will have a special device right, with all the details in there embarassed, you make me laugh ou so loud,

Whats he point of having the so called db if the retrival is not as instans as possible, MR BEAF, that knows all, tell me

OK you will give the Policemen Pen and Pencil to write these car numbers down and then they use their GSM if they have credits to call another check point for them to look out for these 20 cars,  shocked embarassed

Please do me a favour, read up more on the pro`s and cons of a proper db and not some simple column spreadsheets we are calling a database in Nigeria

I have been within the system and know how much we call mediocre old technology as new technology.

I have pulled out of so many consultancy deals cos I just dont do half baked jobs like we always do in Nigeria,

Even Corporate Affairs Commission which holds records of all companies registered in Nigeria, still dont have proper collated data after many years of having a stab at it,

Only in Nigeria do we call dis jointed data a database and sell it to the people as something big,
@Beaf, just keep licking GEJ`s back side oooooo

Back to the issue of Boko Haram , so u trust the Federal Government that is doing deals but outright and behind the scene to release members of the sect

Have you not bn reading how the SSS have admitted to the US that they agreed to release members of Boko to their respective Northern Emirs

The same FG that Boko has struck under their nose twice now with no movement, and have no knowledge on how to resolve the issue,

Do me a favour @ beaf take off the blindfold u have blocking yoour vision,

GEJ is out of debt, he really is,

Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 2:10am On Sep 09, 2011
^
And I thought there would be at least one point in your very long post. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by naijaking1: 2:13am On Sep 09, 2011
Having a vehicle data base is a good step, but an even better step would be having a human data base with ID numbers, biodata, etc. This will help eliminate the problem of identifying an hausa man born in Katsina vs one born in Niger Republic, the Yoruba born in Abeokuta vs one born in Benin republic.
Also, it's no surprise who has been opposing the national ID project for a very long time now, and for the above reasons.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by ideylaff: 2:20am On Sep 09, 2011
The govt has announced they are creating a database.
Most fools know the difference between a spreadsheet and a database. So why do ambiguities exist in your mind?

@ beaf, as usual you are busy defending GEJ even when u clearly know that he`s clueless and only reads whatever is put in front of him

Back to the issue of a database and a spreadsheet,

I was privy to the INEC db project and I can tell you that for 500 Million spent, it was a failure

a database for a general election that had to be done using laptop and scanners individually connected together and then taken to a collating centre, yet its still not on-line for people to check their details, Most state electoral records are still on one servers while each state has theirs,  to get it to Abuja they have to travel with Hard Drives all over the place to merge the db, what a pity

then you come on here and tell me another one is in the pipeline, to do what,

In developed countries, they have CCTV and other enablers to make the tracing of cars and solving of crime as easy and possible

When our Police Headquarters does not even have CCTV, nor can they identify any cars coming in and out of their premises,  LOL,  so LOL,

So tell me with this database, The policeman on the street will note the number of a car going @ say 30 miles an hour, radio back to his head quarters for them
to be on the look out for one particular car in the area. LOL

Ohhh OK every law enforcement officer will have a special device right, with all the details in there , you make me laugh ou so loud,

Whats he point of having the so called db if the retrival is not as instans as possible, MR BEAF, that knows all, tell me

OK you will give the Policemen Pen and Pencil to write these car numbers down and then they use their GSM if they have credits to call another check point for them to look out for these 20 cars, 

Please do me a favour, read up more on the pro`s and cons of a proper db and not some simple column spreadsheets we are calling a database in Nigeria

I have been within the system and know how much we call mediocre old technology as new technology.

I have pulled out of so many consultancy deals cos I just dont do half baked jobs like we always do in Nigeria,

Even Corprate Affairs Commission which holds records of all companies registered in Nigeria, still dont have proper collated data after many years of having a stab at it,

Only in Nigeria do we call dis jointed data a database and sell it to the people as something big,
@Beaf, just keep licking GEJ`s back side oooooo

Back to the issue of Boko Haram , so u trust the Federal Government that is doing deals but outright and behind the scene to release members of the sect

Have you not bn reading how the SSS have admitted to the US that they agreed to release members of Boko to their respective Northern Emirs

http://www.myondostate.com/myondostate/newssend.php?id=1336

http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201109062211993

@ beaf you make us all laugh on here, you really do,

The same FG that Boko has struck under their nose twice now with no movement,
and have no knowledge on how to resolve the issue,
Tell me do u read b4 you post or u just back GEJ blind folded 24/7
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by iykak47: 3:35am On Sep 09, 2011
i dont understand why some people can not see anything good in nigeria, even those that cant solve little problem in there families and businesses. if there is any mistake abut the database, who says it can not be corrected. is it not better for our government to crawl that to remain motionless? i want to remind these pessimists that E
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by kenny1st(m): 3:41am On Sep 09, 2011
Wat ! Firstly, This announcement by GEJ is a tip off to these criminals, how can u come out to the public and broadcast your security strategy to tame criminals ? Secondly, this is a very good development but am so surprised that as big as we are as a nation we never had this kind of database until now. Then how soon are we waiting for its effectiveness ? I mean mr president people want you to wake up to issues and convince Nigerians on developmental issues more seriously, but not in a way to ridicule us as a nation.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by iykak47: 3:47am On Sep 09, 2011
i dont understand why some people can not see anything good in nigeria, even those that cant solve little problem in their families and businesses.  if there is any mistake about  the database, who says it cant be corrected. is it not better for our government to crawl than to remain motionless. i want to remind these pessmists that E passport works well, the operators are neither europeans nor americans
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Demdem(m): 8:18am On Sep 09, 2011
werepeLeri

Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles
« #70 on: Yesterday at 08:53:13 PM »
Simply go to the FRSC and ask questions - it is a very simple thing to do.

grin grin grin grin indeed as if we all are not in Nigeria. We all know what is applicable here. Less than an hour ago i asked from a person that should know in ABUJA and his first response was like " back off, classified info for security reasons" grin grin grin
After much cajoling, he told me something similar to the below:

emmatok:

What is  all these notice about vehicle database.

The important thing is to link every drivers license to his/her  Vehicle/s  plate number(which is registered with engine and chases numbers).

So that the police, road safety e.t.c can easily identify a vehicle owner by looking at the plate number.

The current database does not  link drivers licence to his/her plate numbers.

In-fact most people without vehicles have drivers licence.

While some vehicle owners don't have drivers licence.

But the problem with Nigeria is enforcement and corruption.

Secondly, it amazes me seeing peeps being civil with that cursed Beaf. U guys seems not to know his modulus operandi. he is so dangerously daft.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by brainpulse: 8:47am On Sep 09, 2011
I believe evry system needs an upgrading not necessary to throw one out and get another different one. We all know how our corrupt system works. Some one some where needs to eat, he comes up with even a low efficient product toast people and offer to give them some shares.

All we need is a central database of all citizens and foreigners in the country and this will be updated with time accordingly. e.g: if Mr. abc is already captured in the central database and he buys a car this month and obtains a liscence, it will be captured for him- the car number,plate and driving liscence. This DB will also be use for election, state, education. It will be easy to trace. If the same Mr. abc is now having a PHD degree it will be updated, and if he packs to another house, the new street no will be updated for him. It is useless, and irrespossible for our government operating different databases. Thats why we say once your Leader is not exposed to new innovation in the world he will continue to award different contract for desame project.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by brainpulse: 8:48am On Sep 09, 2011
All we need is a central database of all citizens and foreigners in the country and this will be updated with time accordingly. e.g: if Mr. abc is already captured in the central database and he buys a car this month and obtains a liscence, it will be captured for him- the car number,plate and driving liscence. This DB will also be use for election, state, education. It will be easy to trace. If the same Mr. abc is now having a PHD degree it will be updated, and if he packs to another house, the new street no will be updated for him. It is useless, and irrespossible for our government operating different databases. Thats why we say once your Leader is not exposed to new innovation in the world he will continue to award different contract for desame project.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Night At A Lagos Police Station / Plateau Killings: Prosecute Author Of Fake News – MURIC / Josephine Tapgun Dumps PDP For APC In Plateau State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.