Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles (11701 Views)

GEJ Launches G_WIN (pics) / GEJ Launches Youwin 2 For Women / GEJ Launches Energy Saving Bulb To Conserve Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 9:44pm On Sep 08, 2011
Dauchman:

Mate, you know I would appreciate if you could show me you know better instead of showing me your level of ignorance by being rude.

P.S In what world does a president come out and give details of his security plans. shocked shocked

Lol! Sir, you are being rude to the majority of Nigerians by portraying us as stup!d to the outside World. When I read you guy's comments, I got so angry at the forceful display of ignorance that I would have immediately sacrificed the nearest goat (had there been one) to cleanse you folk.

Why talk loudly and forcefully about things you no absolutely nothing about? How would you describe a person that does that? angry
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 9:48pm On Sep 08, 2011
norrisman:

@ beaf

Yes there is an existing database. Why then the need to launch a new database. What is it going to do differently from the existing one? Are Nigerians going to have to submit finger prints and retina scans when registering a new cars. Tell me how this new possibly multi billion naira database is going to differ from the current system. Shouldnt it at most be a case of improving on the existing database by ensuring data integrity and possibly networking all the disjointed databases dotted all around the country.

Hilarious! grin

If you have a car, but wish to fly, would you "improve" your car or buy an aeroplane?
Go again and read what the new database is meant to do.

Comedy! Lol!
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by GrownMan(m): 9:58pm On Sep 08, 2011
Nyce wan Presido, U try, But you can do better!

I know we all have some level of good in us. Try well well hmmm, Ndo
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Kobojunkie: 10:03pm On Sep 08, 2011
norrisman:

@ beaf

Yes there is an existing database. Why then the need to launch a new database. What is it going to do differently from the existing one? Are Nigerians going to have to submit finger prints and retina scans when registering new cars. Tell me how this new possibly multi billion naira database is going to differ from the current system. Shouldnt it at most be a case of improving on the existing database by ensuring data integrity and possibly networking all the disjointed databases dotted all around the country.

You are right!! There is no need to create multiple versions of the same load of data when you can, by re-verifying data stored in the Original can greatly improve the integrity of the data .
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Dauchman(m): 10:06pm On Sep 08, 2011
Beaf:

Lol! Sir, you are being rude to the majority of Nigerians by portraying us as stup!d to the outside World. When I read you guy's comments, I got so angry at the forceful display of ignorance that I would have immediately sacrificed the nearest goat (had there been one) to cleanse you folk.

Why talk loudly and forcefully about things you no absolutely nothing about? How would you describe a person that does that? angry

Ok explain to me how a vehicle database helps check terrorism. Tell me how by the push of a button you get to know who has ever driven a car. Where does the button get the feedback from? How does this work if there are no CCTV's on the road? That's me thinking and wondering WTF!!!!

I have not said Nigerians are stupid like you have portrayed. I have just asked simple questions to get everyone thinking, which you obviously are not ready to do. You cannot have a database of cars when you do not have one for the humans driving them. how do you match them to know who owns what. These are the type of questions we should be asking the president instead of being sentimental and supporting every stupid thing he places in front of us.

The president is the one who is being rude to Nigerians by making statements like the one he posted on facebook. He makes all Nigerians seem foolish even though we are one of the smartest people on the planet.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 10:12pm On Sep 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You are right!! There is no need to create multiple versions of the same load of data when you can, by re-verifying data stored in the Original can greatly improve the integrity of the data .

You always have a way of coming up with stuff that makes no sense.
As an IT person, if you were contracted to create a new database, what would you do with the existing data? Wouldn't you verify and reuse it? Gaddem! shocked
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 10:20pm On Sep 08, 2011
Dauchman:

Ok explain to me how a vehicle database helps check terrorism. Tell me how by the push of a button you get to know who has ever driven a car. Where does the button get the feedback from? How does this work if there are no CCTV's on the road? That's me thinking and wondering WTF!!!!

I have not said Nigerians are silly like you have portrayed. I have just asked simple questions to get everyone thinking, which you obviously are not ready to do. You cannot have a database of cars when you do not have one for the humans driving them. how do you match them to know who owns what. These are the type of questions we should be asking the president instead of being sentimental and supporting every silly thing he places in front of us.

The president is the one who is being rude to Nigerians by making statements like the one he posted on facebook. He makes all Nigerians seem foolish even though we are one of the smartest people on the planet.

I don't know if you have ever been stopped on a street in Europe or the US while driving. You will quickly find that the police can determine a lot about your car right on the spot, they can tell if you are the driver or not, if you are legally in the country etc.
I would think such capabilities are handy in the fight against terrorism, wouldn't you?

As for a data on Nigerians who drive cars, there are enough rich sources, from passports, to INEC, to mobile phones etc. So fly on another trajectory, sir, cos you just crashed woefully.

With due respect, your question is redundant and the Nigerians amongst us that question GEJ's posting of the news on facebook that are the truly foolish ones among us. Thank you.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Dauchman(m): 11:01pm On Sep 08, 2011
Beaf:

I don't know if you have ever been stopped on a street in Europe or the US while driving. You will quickly find that the police can determine a lot about your car right on the spot, they can tell if you are the driver or not, if you are legally in the country etc. grin grin grin grin
I would think such capabilities are handy in the fight against terrorism, wouldn't you?

As for a data on Nigerians who drive cars, there are enough rich sources, from passports, to INEC, to mobile phones etc. So fly on another trajectory, sir, cos you just crashed woefully.

With due respect, your question is redundant and the Nigerians amongst us that question GEJ's posting of the news on facebook that are the truly foolish ones among us. Thank you.

Your response just showed me how ignorant you are. I see i have been wasting my time chatting with you. PS did you get that idea from your sitting room in Nigeria? They can do that and there are loads of illegal immigrants in their countries.

I wonder if we are talking of the same country, where i can buy a passport off the streets or where we have ghost voters??

Yea now we truly know who the foolish ones are.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 11:19pm On Sep 08, 2011
Dauchman:

Your response just showed me how ignorant you are. I see i have been wasting my time chatting with you. PS did you get that idea from your sitting room in Nigeria? They can do that and there are loads of illegal immigrants in their countries.

I wonder if we are talking of the same country, where i can buy a passport off the streets or where we have ghost voters??

Yea now we truly know who the foolish ones are.

Lol!

You are very entertaining indeed!
I can't stop laughing!!!! Dude, wise people keep quiet and learn when they don't know a subject.

Undocumented immigrant workers in Phoenix, Arizona in July 2010, as that state's new law, SB 1070, came into force, giving police new powers to make stop-and-search immigration status checks; other states such as Alabama have followed suit with similar legislation. Photograph: John Moore/Getty Images

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2011/aug/21/usimmigration-alabama

. . .Standard practice in the Western World. If you don't know, keep quiet. cool

We just have to keep preaching to the rocks and stones in our dear country, begging them to put a sock in their mouth and sod off, so the place can develop.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 11:27pm On Sep 08, 2011
. . .More:

The Arizona Act additionally makes it a state misdemeanor crime for an alien to be in Arizona without carrying the required documents,[8] requires that state law enforcement officers attempt to determine an individual's immigration status during a "lawful stop . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_SB_1070
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Guk: 11:28pm On Sep 08, 2011
@Poster, God forbid o! but Boko Haram steals your car, uses it to Bomb a building, how do you absolve yourself with SSS; NIA; Police etc in Nigeria of today since the database links the car to you

By the time they finish with you, you'd prefered to have been a BH member.

Very laudable exercise but nothing to gloat about but i still doubt it as only a few states use Auto Reg. Over 75% of states still give out vehicle licenses manually and it will take a decade to sort out that data. FRSC, even though they are the sole producers of vehicle licenses dont have that database as at last month when i replaced a lost number plate.

All the same, good for 9ja
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by manny4life(m): 11:31pm On Sep 08, 2011
Beaf:

. . .More:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_SB_1070

@Beaf,

I beg to disagree with you; you did not mention that the Federal court struck down important parts of that legislation and if I am correct, the Ninth Circuit reaffirmed the lower court. If my memory serves me correctly, the Gov. Brewer filed an appeal to the SCOTUS, though they haven't grant a cert yet. Same applies to Alabama, the federal court struck down almost all parts of their legislature.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Dauchman(m): 11:34pm On Sep 08, 2011
Beaf:

Lol!

You are very entertaining indeed!
I can't stop laughing!!!! Dude, wise people keep quiet and learn when they don't know a subject.

. . .Standard practice in the Western World. If you don't know, keep quiet. cool

We just have to keep preaching to the rocks and stones in our dear country, begging them to put a sock in their mouth and sod off, so the place can develop.

There again another ignorant answer. What has stopping and searching using immigration data base got to do with database on cars?

Keep pulling up more stuff to show how ignorant you are. Immigration data base has nothing whatsoever to do with Vehicle data base. It is standard practice that once in a while you are stopped by immigrations officers who have equipment to check based on your identity and not the car you drive if you are illegal or not. This same equipment is given to the police and not in all countries like you would lead us to believe, and just to let you know in case you do not, is not part of the police database but immigrations.

So my question again to you, what does a vehicle database do for you if you do not have a human database.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 11:36pm On Sep 08, 2011
manny4life:

@Beaf,

I beg to disagree with you; you did not mention that the Federal court struck down important parts of that legislation and if I am correct, the Ninth Circuit reaffirmed the lower court. If my memory serves me correctly, the Gov. Brewer filed an appeal to the SCOTUS, though they haven't grant a cert yet. Same applies to Alabama, the federal court struck down almost all parts of their legislature.

It really doesn't matter what the federal court did in the context of the argument, which is to prove that a persons immigration status can be determined to a large degree, in seconds, on a highway, when they are stopped and searched, because of the driver license database.

That sort of capability is what Nigeria is trying to develop in the long run. It would be a very powerful tool against terrorism.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 11:41pm On Sep 08, 2011
Dauchman:

There again another ignorant answer. What has stopping and searching using immigration data base got to do with database on cars?

Keep pulling up more stuff to show how ignorant you are. Immigration data base has nothing whatsoever to do with Vehicle data base. It is standard practice that once in a while you are stopped by immigrations officers who have equipment to check based on your identity and not the car you drive if you are illegal or not. This same equipment is given to the police and not in all countries like you would lead us to believe, and just to let you know in case you do not, is not part of the police database but immigrations.

So my question again to you, what does a vehicle database do for you if you do not have a human database.

Are you incurable, or just pretending?

As for the bolded, I can only laugh. Dude, you are really ignorant. Once data has been obtained on anything, it is interlinked with every other system.
Please take your brain out of your arse and tackle subjects within your reach. Dis one pass you wella. cool
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Dauchman(m): 11:41pm On Sep 08, 2011
Beaf:

It really doesn't matter what the federal court did in the context of the argument, which is to prove that a persons immigration status can be determined to a large degree, in seconds, on a highway, when they are stopped and searched, because of the driver license database.

That sort of capability is what Nigeria is trying to develop in the long run. It would be a very powerful tool against terrorism.

There you go again, I thought you said it was based on the vehicle database. The police or immigrations officer do not need your drivers license to determine if you are illegal or not. That is why when you apply for visa or a passport your details are entered into a central database system including your picture. Once they get you with little info gotten off you they can tell what your status is.

Mate get your facts straight.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Dauchman(m): 11:46pm On Sep 08, 2011
Beaf:

Are you incurable, or just pretending?

As for the bolded, I can only laugh. Dude, you are really ignorant grin grin grin grin. Once data has been obtained on anything, it is interlinked with every other system.
Please take your brain out of your arse and tackle subjects within your reach. Dis one pass you wella. cool

Do you know what a CRB or credit check means? If you do then ask your self if both checks afre carried out on you, do they show if you are illegal or not?

Its people like you we need kicked out of Nigeria. Mate get off your lazy ass, save some money and tour the globe so you don't talk like a drunkard.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 11:51pm On Sep 08, 2011
Hmmmmm!
. . .A very confused man indeed! Nwanne, ogini di? Which one come be CRB na? grin

Dauchman:

There you go again, I thought you said it was based on the vehicle database. The police or immigrations officer do not need your drivers license to determine if you are illegal or not. That is why when you apply for visa or a passport your details are entered into a central database system including your picture. Once they get you with little info gotten off you they can tell what your status is.

Mate get your facts straight.

You are only looking more funny with your weird replies, sir.
In what village on Mars do you think a vehicle and license database would be divorced from each other? shocked

Don't let pride make you continue in an ignorant direction, its really no good to any of us.

. . .One last thing, there is nothing like a central citizens database on for any govt. Lol! You think govt is a guguru shop? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by manny4life(m): 11:56pm On Sep 08, 2011
Beaf:

No argument it would be a powerful tool, the question is to what extent? In my own argument, I've always believed it will cause more harm than good for the purpose for which it was established. Besides, while protection of the nation falls under federal jurisdiction, both domestic and international, the burden of gathering information, disseminating those information should be treated on the state level. This should work as you getting a secret or top secret clearance; the federal govt has a central collecting database on "as needed basis". The citizens of the states will decide what shoes to wear and NOT a one size fit all federal mandate.

On that note, you cannot fight terrorism like that, I beg to differ on that. Domestic terrorism should be rather treated on state by state. States have more resources and tools, know their surrounding, etc to curtail or deter terrorism. Scanning license to plate tags does not cut it, why I say that is because any smart person (terrorist) will always find their way around. There was this training I went for in downtown DC last Wednesday, this boring a/s/s meeting lasted for three hours, but just to give you a scope, the instructor clearly stated the opposite of what your saying. When identifying terrorism, you have to know their different groups and subgroups, it's not the visible items that matter although important, it's the intent. How to identify an intent. For instance, someone can carry legit papers, everything, but when they go to fours different store and urchase fertilizers with everything being legit, is that a red flag? I can share just basic thoughts on what I learnt and this had nothing to do with ID, license plates or otherwise.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Dauchman(m): 12:03am On Sep 09, 2011
manny4life:

No argument it would be a powerful tool, the question is to what extent? In my own argument, I've always believed it will cause more harm than good for the purpose for which it was established. Besides, while protection of the nation falls under federal jurisdiction, both domestic and international, the burden of gathering information, disseminating those information should be treated on the state level. This should work as you getting a secret or top secret clearance; the federal govt has a central collecting database on "as needed basis". The citizens of the states will decide what shoes to wear and NOT a one size fit all federal mandate.

On that note, you cannot fight terrorism like that, I beg to differ on that. Domestic terrorism should be rather treated on state by state. States have more resources and tools, know their surrounding, etc to curtail or deter terrorism. Scanning license to plate tags does not cut it, why I say that is because any smart person (terrorist) will always find their way around. There was this training I went for in downtown DC last Wednesday, this boring a/s/s meeting lasted for three hours, but just to give you a scope, the instructor clearly stated the opposite of what your saying. When identifying terrorism, you have to know their different groups and subgroups, it's not the visible items that matter although important, it's the intent. How to identify an intent. For instance, someone can carry legit papers, everything, but when they go to fours different store and urchase fertilizers with everything being legit, is that a red flag?

Now this is the kind of thinking i am talking about. Anybody could buy a car and hand it over to someone else as a gift and then same car gets stolen and ends up being used for terrorism acts. After all we all know how cars exchange hands in Nigeria. The car has been entered into the database of the FG but how does that help sort out terrorism? There are different scenarios and it all boils down to the same. It would not solve the issue. Our security forces need to be trained to detect these acts, instead of putting money into white elephant projects that has sole aim of enriching our politicians.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Dauchman(m): 12:06am On Sep 09, 2011
Beaf:

Hmmmmm!
. . .A very confused man indeed! Nwanne, ogini di? Which one come be CRB na? grin

You are only looking more funny with your weird replies, sir.
In what village on Mars do you think a vehicle and license database would be divorced from each other? shocked
do some actual travelling
Don't let pride make you continue in an ignorant direction, its really no good to any of us.

. . .One last thing, there is nothing like a central citizens database on for any govt. Lol! You think govt is a guguru shop? grin grin grin grin grin

You do not know what a CRB means and you have guts to open mouth and call me ignorant. Like I said get up from your sitting room in Naija and do some travelling then maybe you will get a better idea of how things work.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Kobojunkie: 12:08am On Sep 09, 2011
Dauchman:

I don't think we can underestimate the power of a useful database in the fight against terrorism. Only I will not rush to conclude that this one will, considering this is about the umpteenth time this same federal government has announced yet another database scheme. A database is only as effective as the data it contains and creating a new database, from scratch every other year leaves one to question the sanity of those who keep coming up with these ideas.

Dauchman:

I have not said Nigerians are silly like you have portrayed. I have just asked simple questions to get everyone thinking, which you obviously are not ready to do. You cannot have a database of cars when you do not have one for the humans driving them. how do you match them to know who owns what. These are the type of questions we should be asking the president instead of being sentimental and supporting every silly thing he places in front of us.

I think you can definitely have a database of cars-- maybe some inventory of cars that have entered the country, etc. But I also believe we do/should have a database of majority of the humans in Nigeria to work with as well(INEC's list which ought to be a national list.
Dauchman:

I would debate this one!
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Princek12(m): 12:09am On Sep 09, 2011
Beaf:

My attack wasn't meant to reason with you. What on Earth made you think it was? shocked
I read your post and was totally disgusted and ashamed, because foreigners use NL too. I don't want them thinking Nigerians are id!ots.

For your own good, if you don't know something, wisdom says to keep shtum.

I am not saying you are trying to reason with me; you are not on my level. My point is that you have criticized me personally without raising a single point of your own or offer countervailing arguments. That shows shhmart you are. You can take a man out of the village, but you cannot take the village out of the man. SMH.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 12:11am On Sep 09, 2011
^
Lol! Mr intellectual Tarzan!

manny4life:

On that note, you cannot fight terrorism like that, I beg to differ on that. [b]Domestic terrorism should be rather treated on state by state. States have more resources and tools, know their surrounding, etc to curtail or deter terroris[/b]m. Scanning license to plate tags does not cut it, why I say that is because any smart person (terrorist) will always find their way around. There was this training I went for in downtown DC last Wednesday, this boring a/s/s meeting lasted for three hours, but just to give you a scope, the instructor clearly stated the opposite of what your saying. When identifying terrorism, you have to know their different groups and subgroups, it's not the visible items that matter although important, it's the intent. How to identify an intent. For instance, someone can carry legit papers, everything, but when they go to fours different store and urchase fertilizers with everything being legit, is that a red flag? I can share just basic thoughts on what I learnt and this had nothing to do with ID, license plates or otherwise.

The constitution does not allow for the sort of proposals you are making, because we do not practise true federalism.

At the barest minimum, your proposal would require state police.
Nobody is going to wait for an unknown number of months or years while the NASS bickers about changes to be made, whereas, boko haram bombs are going off here and now. Also, nobody will base plans on laws that do not yet exist.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by norrisman: 12:14am On Sep 09, 2011
So beaf agrees the existing data will be migrated to the new database. So basically its a case of old wine in a new bottle. If you move the existing data to a new database, what will be achieved? Why has it made front page of Nairaland if it is simply a case of data migration. If it is the same old data, why is Retardeen touting it like it is some revlolutionary tool in the fight against terrorism when the database of registered cars already exists. This is another case of  pulling wool over the eyes of Nigerians.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Princek12(m): 12:15am On Sep 09, 2011
Some people cannot understand this simple concepts.

You don't need to consolidate multiple databases into one centralized database in order to access the multiple databases from a remote location; you can access multiple databases from multiple locations. To consolidate them is redundant, especially when the multiple databases need to be updated in real time and the entity that controls the centralized database is not in a better situation to update each multiple database. States are better positioned to update the multiple databases.

The fact that a database is accessible in one location does not mean that the server that hosts the database has to be based in the location.

Redundancy impedes growth and is not good for society.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Kobojunkie: 12:16am On Sep 09, 2011
norrisman:

So beaf agrees the existing data will be migrated to the new database. So basically its a case of old wine in a new bottle. If you move the existing data to a new database, what will be achieved? [color=#990000]Why has it made front page of Nairaland if it is simply a case of data migration. [/color]If it is the same old data, why is Retardeen touting it like it is some revlolutionary tool in the fight against terrorism when the database of registered cars already exists. This is another case of  pulling wool over the eyes of Nigerians.

WELCOME TO NIGERIA~~ But the moving of data IS an assumption here considering there is no guarantee this database will get much use, like the many before it.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 12:16am On Sep 09, 2011
Dauchman:

You do not know what a CRB means and you have guts to open mouth and call me ignorant. Like I said get up from your sitting room in Naija and do some travelling then maybe you will get a better idea of how things work.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Guy, I wish I could buy a copy of you to switch on like a toy whenever I am bored!
What has CRB got to do with Nigeria where your type marry 13 year olds? Ol' boy, the rest of us are tired of backwardness and are moving forward, ok?
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Princek12(m): 12:20am On Sep 09, 2011
Kobojunkie:

WELCOME TO NIGERIA~~ But the moving of data IS an assumption here considering there is no guarantee this database will get much use, like the many before it.

It is just a project through which some high ranking PDP officials will siphon money out of the treasury. Ask GEJ how much it will cost for the database. I bet you GEJ will claim the project will cost $200m.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 12:20am On Sep 09, 2011
norrisman:

So beaf agrees the existing data will be migrated to the new database. So basically its a case of old wine in a new bottle. If you move the existing data to a new database, what will be achieved? Why has it made front page of Nairaland if it is simply a case of data migration. If it is the same old data, why is Retardeen touting it like it is some revlolutionary tool in the fight against terrorism when the database of registered cars already exists. This is another case of  pulling wool over the eyes of Nigerians.

Like I asked you previously. . . If you have a car, but wish to fly, do you "improve" your car or do you buy an aeroplane?
. . .I guess fools would say both move, so "improve" the car.
Unu go wound pesin o! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Kobojunkie: 12:21am On Sep 09, 2011
Princek12:

It is just a project through which some high ranking PDP officials will siphon money out of the treasury. Ask GEJ how much it will cost for the database. I bet you GEJ will claim the project will cost $200m.

No mind them! This kind thing you fit create in a week, sourcing data from already existing databases, but in Nigeria, it will cost millions and the president ready to count it as a glowing ACHIEVEMENT of his. You dey mind Nigeria? Na so we dey create Databases as if IT IS A HUGE DEAL~!!

We spent $500 million creating a national database only some months ago(INEC). Of course that is not enough to START with -- we must spend millions more. Problem is nothing stops this administration from spending all that money and more, and delivering NOTHING/ZILCH/NADA at the end of the day.
Re: Gej Launches Database To Trace Vehicles by Beaf: 12:27am On Sep 09, 2011
Princek12:

Some people cannot understand this simple concepts.

You don't need to consolidate multiple databases into one centralized database in order to access the multiple databases from a remote location; you can access multiple databases from multiple locations. To consolidate them is redundant, especially when the multiple databases need to be updated in real time and the entity that controls the centralized database is not in a better situation to update each multiple database. States are better positioned to update the multiple databases.

The fact that a database is accessible in one location does not mean that the server that hosts the database has to be based in the location.

Redundancy impedes growth and is not good for society.

This is foolish at best. Do you know the structure of the database? Do you know if it is distributed? You just wanna say something no matter how puerile to support a primitive argument.

As for states updating it. Do we now have state police, so why yarning dust?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Igbos Respect Yourselves. / Terrorists Are All Over The Place, We Must Be More Watchful, Buhari Warns Read / Yahaya Bello And Sultan Of Sokoto At National Security Seminar (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.