Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Women,don't Marry A Man Who Feels The Domestic Work Is For Women Alone. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women,don't Marry A Man Who Feels The Domestic Work Is For Women Alone. (1723 Views)

Why do we Blame Women Alone For Marriage failure ? / Please Advise My Friend Who Feels Missing Out On The Harsh Realities Of Life / Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women,don't Marry A Man Who Feels The Domestic Work Is For Women Alone. by Kobojunkie: 4:16am On Feb 05, 2023
Autobot05:
You see that I'm somehow correct... not every man is a man and not every man can make a good husband And I think there are more women than men of recent times
Not according to the census.
The Sex Ratio in Nigeria in 2021 is 102.78 males per 100 females. There are 107.15 million males and 104.25 million females in Nigeria. The percentage of female population is 49.31% compare to 50.69% male population.
https://statisticstimes.com/demographics/country/nigeria-demographics.php

1 Like

Re: Women,don't Marry A Man Who Feels The Domestic Work Is For Women Alone. by Autobot05: 4:19am On Feb 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Not according to the census.

😂😂what census ?? And how and when was it conducted??
Re: Women,don't Marry A Man Who Feels The Domestic Work Is For Women Alone. by boxer022(m): 9:13am On Feb 05, 2023
It is not compulsory that a man will do house chores. Normally women do not allow their husbands carry out chores in the home, they see it as disrespect to the man. There are types of chores the man may want to do like washing of dishes or clothes or even the toilet, the wife will not agree to it. There are some other chores that he might volunteer to do and she will agree to it, like helping out in the kitchen, picking kids from school, etc. So it is not a compulsory act that a man must carry out home chores unless him and his wife agree.

1 Like

Re: Women,don't Marry A Man Who Feels The Domestic Work Is For Women Alone. by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, are we to take it that your plan then is to enter into a hypogamous union in order that your wife may handle all the domestic work to the fullest? Well, guess what, 83% of the time, that almost never works out the way you plan it in your head. Visit the home of your married friends — those of them who married down — and see with your eyes how even though they, your friends, supposedly carry all the burden they claim they do in marriage, somehow their homes are left unkempt by the wives, full grown adults who were recruited in marriage as dependents. It is very hard to keep a fully functioning human being as a maid in marriage. And with a culture where even the poor have maids, I recommend you work hard so you can afford a maid as well. undecided
No stress at all, if she can’t solely handle her domestic chores then she should be ready to accommodate a mate(second wife). It’s as simple as that. Life is too beautiful to allow an uncultured woman stress you out.
Re: Women,don't Marry A Man Who Feels The Domestic Work Is For Women Alone. by talk2hb1(m): 12:05pm On Feb 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What has being an African child to do with anything abeg! undecided

So long as you never complain that you married a liability, we are all good actually since the suffering is all yours and yours alone. undecided
Well You Can Be a liability for someone’s son who cares?
If your papa NA your mamas house help no Wahala, my papa and mama no teach me to be house help to any girl. I have done enough favor marrying her.
I care not, Remember I am an African Child.
Re: Women,don't Marry A Man Who Feels The Domestic Work Is For Women Alone. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2023
ibechris:
If u are a young lady reading this,pls avoid any guy who thinks that as soon as he marries u,u will automatically become his servant for life. If u go ahead with such marriage,u will certainly regret all ur decision.

The man should be a helper and not see u do all the work like a Saudi Arabian nanny,many are already in regrets today because they all jump and scream only to be married and to face the ugliest part of marriage.

Marriage is sweet until ur husbands start seeing u as a partner and not a servant or a nanny. This is because,if u make this mistake now,it would be very difficult to correct it honestly.

All the best for those who will read to understand only.

Ibechris nwanne,

you are like a brother from another mother. I help my wife with domestic chores.

I also help my daughter with her chores when she is overwhelmed.

My wife is always there for me whenever i need her.

They are my family and the closest people to me on earth.

Keep doing the good work of educating our young men before they allow unnecessary egos to destroy the marriage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women,don't Marry A Man Who Feels The Domestic Work Is For Women Alone. by KanwuliaExtra: 4:00pm On Feb 05, 2023
. . . .And you think men and women don't change after marriage? cheesy
If you like gauge and measure capabilities of your potential spouses before you get married.
The real shocker awaits you when YOU FINALLY GET MARRIED.
Watch out for it! cheesy
Re: Women,don't Marry A Man Who Feels The Domestic Work Is For Women Alone. by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Feb 05, 2023
boxer022:
It is not compulsory that a man will do house chores. Normally women do not allow their husbands carry out chores in the home, they see it as disrespect to the man. There are types of chores the man may want to do like washing of dishes or clothes or even the toilet, the wife will not agree to it. There are some other chores that he might volunteer to do and she will agree to it, like helping out in the kitchen, picking kids from school, etc. So it is not a compulsory act that a man must carry out home chores unless him and his wife agree.
do you currently do those same chores where you live now? undecided
Re: Women,don't Marry A Man Who Feels The Domestic Work Is For Women Alone. by ibechris(m): 5:43pm On Feb 05, 2023
Skyview01:

Ibechris nwanne,

you are like a brother from another mother. I help my wife with domestic chores.

I also help my daughter with her chores when she is overwhelmed.

My wife is always there for me whenever i need her.

They are my family and the closest people to me on earth.

Keep doing the good work of educating our young men before they allow unnecessary egos to destroy the marriage.

Thank u my brother.

1 Like

Re: Women,don't Marry A Man Who Feels The Domestic Work Is For Women Alone. by Kobojunkie: 7:47pm On Feb 05, 2023
talk2hb1:

Well You Can Be a liability for someone’s son who cares?
If your papa NA your mamas house help no Wahala, my papa and mama no teach me to be house help to any girl. I have done enough favor marrying her.
I care not, Remember I am an African Child.
All this na meaningless ramblings abeg! undecided

1 Like

Re: Women,don't Marry A Man Who Feels The Domestic Work Is For Women Alone. by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Feb 05, 2023
peepydelano:
No stress at all, if she can’t solely handle her domestic chores then she should be ready to accommodate a mate(second wife). It’s as simple as that. Life is too beautiful to allow an uncultured woman stress you out.
Well, endeavor to make sure you let any woman you approach to know this well so she does no end up wasting her time and maybe yours too. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Women,don't Marry A Man Who Feels The Domestic Work Is For Women Alone. by talk2hb1(m): 10:05am On Feb 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
All this na meaningless ramblings abeg! undecided
We know people like you, forming online warriors.
Begging their husbands to please marry and keep them.
Re: Women,don't Marry A Man Who Feels The Domestic Work Is For Women Alone. by Kobojunkie: 10:18am On Feb 07, 2023
talk2hb1:

We know people like you, forming online warriors.
Begging their husbands to please marry and keep them.
I am afraid this is nothing but more ramblings from your person. You sure say you dey alright so? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Women,don't Marry A Man Who Feels The Domestic Work Is For Women Alone. by talk2hb1(m): 10:32am On Feb 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid this is nothing but more ramblings from your person. You sure say you dey alright so? undecided
Répète Cil vous plaît
Re: Women,don't Marry A Man Who Feels The Domestic Work Is For Women Alone. by gremp(m): 10:55am On Feb 07, 2023
leisuretym:
Op! You are a fool, don’t ask my why,
I pay school fee,
I pay house rent
I give monthly and weekly allowance for family upkeep
I use my energy to nack you to your satisfaction

You now want me to use the time I need to use to find money for the family to go and be cooking Abi?

If she can do all I’ve been doing, no issue, we can switch responsibilities

I see no reason to call OP a fool here.

This is the arrangement you and your spouse has chosen.

What you're doing is simply Division of Labour, you're shouldering all the financial responsibilities of the family which requires all your attention, so therefore the matters of running the home should be delegated to your spouse, you have clear roles.

OP doesn't mean you must clean the house by force, OP is only advising women not to marry men who only see them as a slave or who sees performing the bare survival necessity of humans (cooking) and proper hygiene(cleaning) as below their gender.

Same way I wouldn't advice men to marry women who only see them as an ATM, as that can cause mental and physical issues later on, possibly leading to an early death.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Some Very Beautiful Ladies Get Marry Easily And Faster Than Pretty One / Is It Right For A Husband To Discuss Every Plans With His Family? / #fact About Nyash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.