Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,583 members, 7,827,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K (54566 Views)

Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? / Kwara POS Operator Lavishes N280m Received In Error / POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by EmekaA125(m): 3:03pm On Feb 08, 2023
Northerners are really not money conscious. They're always contended with what they have. God bless the POS operator.
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by mu2sa2: 3:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
Most Nigerians are Christians or Muslims. Neither religion condone cheating or profiteering. What we're seeing with the current naira scarcity is that the ordinary folks we make jest of, calling them aboki, are more God- fearing and less greedy than many of us.
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by Bananapill: 3:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
blamingthedevil:
A POS Attendant Malam Umar, In Warri Delta State Was Honored By People Because He c
Charges Only N200 For N5000 Withdrawals currently.

Who Is Your Brother?

https://twitter.com/teeana_world/status/1623284381254094848

Did you people ask him how he got his cash?
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by opera1(m): 3:05pm On Feb 08, 2023
It's just for social media show
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by alizma: 3:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
freshkpomo:

If all POS close up like you all are saying, you all will cry even more. Tell APC to release money and the charges will drop. There is no money in the bank and you think these POS agents manufactur money? No, they buy it and then they add the cost of buying the money and then the POS charge from the company and then add their own profit. When there are too many people to service (ie middle men), goods wioo end up getting to the consumer at a higher price.
So you are not reading all these news of banks hording the new notes, you are not seeing the pictures and videos online?
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by freshkpomo(m): 3:08pm On Feb 08, 2023
cool
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by alizma: 3:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
emmykk:

Yes it the law of demand and supply that is at work.
The process they used in getting the money they are vending at the pos now is not from banks and not every pos agent has that plug to do that,so there are few pos agent in their shop while does who can pay the price dictate the charges
Then the politicians cannot be blame for corruption, in fact, going buy your standard, the politicians are not corrupt. They spend money campaigning, spend money to get people to vote them and then you expect them to get their and not recover what they spend right?
The current POS charges favour some of you and you now call it law of demand and supply.
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by Monday60655(m): 3:10pm On Feb 08, 2023
What was he honored with?
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by Connected1: 3:10pm On Feb 08, 2023
okpas01:
Has anyone bothered to know the source of his cash? Do u expect one that pays 12 percent on each 100k to charge 200? We are only good in passing blames as Nigerians.
Keep Quiet and allow reasonable people to speak.
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by ChristianMuslim: 3:11pm On Feb 08, 2023
Aboki God bless you.. Southerners are thieves.. both ibo and Yoruba n Edo n all of us.. thieves
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by freshkpomo(m): 3:11pm On Feb 08, 2023
alizma:

So you are not reading all these news of banks hording the new notes, you are not seeing the pictures and videos online?

You believe banks can hoard more than politicians who still have 2001 printed currencies in their warehouse? On election day many of you will see how this new money will circulate and end the scarcity then you will realize the politicians are really the culprits here. Any money you give to the POS Marchants is released back to the society, but can we say same about politicians preparing for elections?

2 Likes

Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by maureensylvia(f): 3:16pm On Feb 08, 2023
Munamoqel:
only aboki can do this while Southerners are extreme in anything dey do .

I completely agree
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by shimolv: 3:22pm On Feb 08, 2023
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by luluosas(m): 3:25pm On Feb 08, 2023
Shut up. I charged 300 for 10k last week when I had some money on me.
And, I AM A SOUTHERNER

Munamoqel:
only aboki can do this while Southerners are extreme in anything dey do .
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by consy14: 3:28pm On Feb 08, 2023
Yes, some of them are truly nice. While some are also greed and rude. As for these particular one, he has done well.
But I think he has someone supplying him the cash steady with little or nothing charges. Southerners are buying too from the bank at high rate.
In all, kudos to him. He has done wellquote author=Robertgreene1 post=120734772]Interesting...
I already knew he must be from the North B4 I opened the thread...
Na we Southerners dey do ourselves...esp down here in d East...where P.O.S operators charge up to #1500 for 5k...
We Igbos worship money a lot...
All thanks to all those Igbo music legends in the 70s, 80s and 90s that inculcated that spirit of money worship in Igbos with their highlife music..in which they dedicated whole songs and albums to money worship...singing the praises of Billionaires with questionable sources of wealth...the likes of Osita Osadebe..Oliver de Coque...Emeka Morocco Maduka and the rest..
Oliver de Coque and his obsession with Men of "Peoples Club of Nigeria" in his tracks was d most notorious...
My question remains...where are all those singers and the Billionaires they were singing about today?
The Northerners are very simple contended peeps...Their problem is just..Religion...Illiteracy and their Leaders...[/quote]
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by Karlifate: 3:34pm On Feb 08, 2023
DennisEche:
If Not religious extremism, Northerners have a very good heart, Humble, trustworthy and they don't take advantage of situation except for Fulani's.

Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by ican2020: 3:35pm On Feb 08, 2023
Wickedfacts:
To those supporting Emefiele, may God handle their children's lives the way Emefiele handled CBN
And May God handle your family the way Buhari handle Nigeria
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by highchief1: 3:36pm On Feb 08, 2023
Goddyrichie:
that’s a lie and everyone include you know that no Christian have ever kill a Muslim b4 and why did u Muslim believe ur religion is d best cuz whenever Christian want to celebrate Christmas and new year or Easter u call it haram u say Jesus is fake this and that but whenever u Muslim want to celebrate ur festival Christain always congratulate u Muslim and celebrate it with u without any bad word about ur Muhammad or Allah
ur hatred for Islam or Muslim is deep what really happened.I don’t see an Hausa man as my enemy or my problem I did my one year nysc in yobe and I had fun.Why do u really hate Muslim?I have a cousin that a Muslim changed his life in Abuja.what all my pastor uncles couldn’t do for him a total stranger Muslim that he met in a mall did for him.I hope u Dey understand me.
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by Karlifate: 3:38pm On Feb 08, 2023
Seequadry:
Same here... This aboki supermarket here in apápa... You buy from him.. pay through pos and still demand for some cash withrawals...

He only charges 100 naira

👍👍
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by highchief1: 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2023
vickydevoka:

If you can say same thing for Christian - Christian ticket I will agree.
of cours now bros.Do u really think the current wahala in Nigeria from naira to fuel is caused by a Muslim?emefiele is from delta.Bro who is good is good religion for me is by the way.We have seen pastors doing evil things that some pegans can’t even do.I don’t want to believe our problem in Nigeria is religion.
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by Aldol: 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2023
Let them look for a way to get that guy's acct details...lets show him some love. Unlike those thieves
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by Emmyviva: 3:42pm On Feb 08, 2023
only northerners can do that
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 08, 2023
DennisEche:
If Not religious extremism, Northerners have a very good heart, Humble, trustworthy and they don't take advantage of situation except for Fulani's.
Lies, the day you live in the north for a year you will stop believing this crap
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by Karlifate: 3:43pm On Feb 08, 2023
HardMirror:
true, they wil even go to church to give testimony how god helped them make a lot of money from the naira scarcity.

LMAO! grin grin

And pastors will collect tithe & offering to continue god's work. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 08, 2023
Robertgreene1:
Interesting...
I already knew he must be from the North B4 I opened the thread...
Na we Southerners dey do ourselves...esp down here in d East...where P.O.S operators charge up to #1500 for 5k...
We Igbos worship money a lot...
All thanks to all those Igbo music legends in the 70s, 80s and 90s that inculcated that spirit of money worship in Igbos with their highlife music..in which they dedicated whole songs and albums to money worship...singing the praises of Billionaires with questionable sources of wealth...the likes of Osita Osadebe..Oliver de Coque...Emeka Morocco Maduka and the rest..
Oliver de Coque and his obsession with Men of "Peoples Club of Nigeria" in his tracks was d most notorious...
My question remains...where are all those singers and the Billionaires they were singing about today?
The Northerners are very simple contended peeps...Their problem is just..Religion...Illiteracy and their Leaders...
Nonsense, Stop believing on that northerners being honest fallacy
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by kingthreat(m): 3:49pm On Feb 08, 2023
freshkpomo:

That's because I am always blunt, even 8n real life. If you come my house, no one in the family asks for my opinion because even if you are my blood I will still tell you the Truth to your face. I am from Edo and we all saw what Oshiomole, Tinubu and co did in 2015 accusing Jonathan of every single thing. But today the country is worse than what it was but instead of these guys to face the President head on, they choose to throw stones around. Ti think most of them are Yorubas is worrisome because same people (with the help of our own oshiomole) fought a southerner to enthrone a northerner. Till this day they still can't look at the north in the eye and say to them, you did this and that but Instead will accuse Obi and Emefiele who are southerners and are not even the president of the country. Is that not stupidity and cowardice? I habour no hate for your region because I have lived in 2 of your states and worked there too but the way your people reason since 2015 is really exposing a lot about them.

One has to be really careful of politics. It can make an intelligent person sound so low. I am not talking of you alone but for many people even my friends.
First, you see a competition between the North and South, which is not the best for our country moving forward. You feel the SW betrayed the South and prevented a GEJ continuous presidency. You failed to indicate that in 2011 the SW supported GEJ massively to do a 4-term government. If GEJ was any good, the SW would have supported his second term, but his government was very corrupt. Hence, both the SW and Middle Belt ensured his loss.
See, we are in a democracy not an autocracy. Every human has a right to political opinion. You being intolerant of other's makes you an autocrat at heart. Oshiomole and Amaechi supported Buhari for their own reasons. They are not your problem.
The Edos have a good relationship with the Yorubas from time immemorial. You should not let the current state of things create a bias in this very fruitful relationship. Someday, like I yearn for an Igbo president(not Obi), I also look forward to a president from the great Benin Empire to lead Nigeria. Take hate off your mind, cos the way you dey para if na say you bam/blend, your matter for put plenty 6 feet below.
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by DennisEche(m): 3:50pm On Feb 08, 2023
Lovebugs:
Lies, the day you live in the north for a year you will stop believing this crap
WHICH CRAP? THE EXTREMISM PART OR THE PART WHERE I SAID THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE?
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by Danielmegg(m): 3:51pm On Feb 08, 2023
D way people go full there ehn
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by chiedozie198100: 3:55pm On Feb 08, 2023
Aboki dey launder herdsmen money.

There's another aboki in PH charging 100 for 5k.
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 08, 2023
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 08, 2023
DennisEche:

WHICH CRAP? THE EXTREMISM PART OR THE PART WHERE I SAID THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE?
Everything join..
Re: POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging ₦‎200 For ₦‎5K by freshkpomo(m): 4:01pm On Feb 08, 2023
kingthreat:

One has to be really careful of politics. It can make an intelligent person sound so low. I am not talking of you alone but for many people even my friends.
First, you see a competition between the North and South, which is not the best for our country moving forward. You feel the SW betrayed the South and prevented a GEJ continuous presidency. You failed to indicate that in 2011 the SW supported GEJ massively to do a 4-term government. If GEJ was any good, the SW would have supported his second term, but his government was very corrupt. Hence, both the SW and Middle Belt ensured his loss.
See, we are in a democracy not an autocracy. Every human has a right to political opinion. You being intolerant of other's makes you an autocrat at heart. Oshiomole and Amaechi supported Buhari for their own reasons. They are not your problem.
The Edos have a good relationship with the Yorubas from time immemorial. You should not let the current state of things create a bias in this very fruitful relationship. Someday, like I yearn for an Igbo president(not Obi), I also look forward to a president from the great Benin Empire to lead Nigeria. Take hate off your mind, cos the way you dey para if na say you bam/blend, your matter for put plenty 6 feet below.

You have spoken with so much wisdom my man and I will be modifying that post right away. I wish so many of your kin actually reason like you. Hahahaha, bros I nor para again. I still be your loyal boy oooo!!! I just pray after this government Love will return to the country because things were never this way.

Not just relationship, we have same ancestors!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"I Didn't Graduate With 3rd Class" - Tony Elumelu Reacts To Twitter User's Claim / Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. / Innocent Chukwuma Innoson's Wife, Masquerade, Others Welcome Him Back In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.