Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Does The Soul Exist? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Soul Exist? (3100 Views)

What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? / Winners' Chapel Declares 7-Day Fasting For The Rescue Of The Soul Of Nigeria / Seun Doesn't Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Soul Exist? by DeepSight(m): 10:46am On Feb 12, 2023
Workch:
the mind is the ability to think as a person. To rationalize things.

How does that relate to a soul?

This is one of the worst definitions I have ever seen in my life.
Re: Does The Soul Exist? by Workch: 10:49am On Feb 12, 2023
DeepSight:

This is one of the worst definitions I have ever seen in my life.
do you want to create another one that will suit your own opinion? Since you cannot provide evidence

2 Likes

Re: Does The Soul Exist? by DeepSight(m): 10:55am On Feb 12, 2023
Workch:
do you want to create another one that will suit your own opinion? Since you cannot provide evidence

My friend, your definition is but a sub-set of what mind is (even by the Google snapshot you sourced).

But more to the point, you need to understand that your definition should be contextual for this discussion: thus you should be speaking of what mind is at an existential level. By your simplistic definition a person who does not think (say an unconscious person, or a sleeping person) does not have a mind. And a person incapable of rationalization (say a re.tarded or otherwise mentally challenged person) also does not have a mind. Its not good enough to simply run to Google and vomit the first thing you see there into a nuanced and intricate discussion on a nuanced and difficult matter. This is why I said you are lazy, and this is why I said you are yet to pass Kindergarten questions.

The first quality of mind in this sort of existential discussion is more deeply related to sentience. The second extends to personality.
Re: Does The Soul Exist? by DeepSight(m): 10:58am On Feb 12, 2023
Workch -

PS: In this sort of discussion there are also problems describing the mind as "an ability". . . . it is a thing of itself, and not a "capacity" anymore than an ability to walk is what you would describe your legs as. Your legs exist even if you become paralyzed.
Re: Does The Soul Exist? by A001: 1:24pm On Feb 12, 2023
LordReed:

What frequency does the soul vibrate at?
I don't know that. But I know the souls of humans have frequencies that lie within a certain range with upper and lower limits sufficiently out of the scope of the human eye and perception.

People operate at certain wavelengths, which can become manifest when two or more people agree on some issues.

I know that the soul exists because I've had many travels in my astral or soul body (known as spirit) where the soul floated out of the body.

That's a personal experience (lucid dreams involving flights) I've had countless number of times over the years, which occurred naturally without using any substance like psychedelic or entheogen.

That's from my personal experience.

Then based on my research which I engage in as a pedagogical effort to understand the soul, I know the soul exists as a wave because every matter has a wave aspect and a particle aspect via the wave-particle duality.

In the case of living things, this wave aspect is called the soul.

Well, you might not like that term anyway, but you can't deny the fact that every matter can behave as a wave sometimes and as a particle some other times.

Unless you understand what consciousness is deeply, you shouldn't say with certainty that the soul doesn't exist.

That the soul exists doesn't mean all the things said about it in various religious texts are true as many of them are based on superstition.

To understand reality deeply, one needs to be able to see things in terms of waves, energy, and frequency.

The atheist still needs to understand that there are still tons of mysteries in nature that scientists don't know yet before he makes certain claims with certainty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Soul Exist? by DeepSight(m): 4:04pm On Feb 12, 2023
A001:

I don't know that. But I know the souls of humans have frequencies that lie within a certain range with upper and lower limits sufficiently out of the scope of the human eye and perception.

People operate at certain wavelengths, which can become manifest when two or more people agree on some issues.

I know that the soul exists because I've had many travels in my astral or soul body (known as spirit) where the soul floated out of the body.

That's a personal experience (lucid dreams involving flights) I've had countless number of times over the years, which occurred naturally without using any substance like psychedelic or entheogen.

Then based on my research which I engage in as a pedagogical effort to understand the soul, I know the soul exists as a wave because every matter has a wave aspect and a particle aspect via the wave-particle duality.

Well, you might not like that term anyway, but you can't deny the fact that every matter can behave as a wave sometimes and as a particle some other times.

Unless you understand what consciousness is deeply, you shouldn't say with certainty that the soul doesn't exist.

That the soul exists doesn't mean all the things said about it in various religious texts are true as many of them are based on superstition.

To understand reality deeply, one needs to be able to see things in terms of waves, energy, and frequency.

The atheist still needs to understand that there are still tons of mysteries in nature that scientists don't know yet before he makes certain claims with certainty.

Brilliant again.

1 Like

Re: Does The Soul Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 6:48pm On Feb 12, 2023
A001:
Yes. Reality is multidimensional (not just four dimensional) existing in layers just like an onion has layers. The soul is the innermost layer or the core of a living being with the outermost layer (the body) a mere projection of the soul.

Applying the concept of wave-particle duality to a human (as an example of matter), the soul is a distinct kind of wave or radiation that vibrates at a specific range of frequencies in higher dimensions with the body (particle) its spatio-temporal (4D) component or projection.

The soul exists, but it's one of the vast amount of things that are filtered out by our sense organs from our perception. Thus, we're only aware of minute aspects out of the vast amount of information (data) in our surroundings.

Due to these natural limits, there are many waves (such as the soul), particles, and radiations in our immediate surroundings we can't see or hear.
Bullshit

3 Likes

Re: Does The Soul Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 7:32pm On Feb 12, 2023
A001:
There are upper and lower limits of the range of light wave frequencies the human eyes can see, and also, there are upper and lower limits of the range of sound wave frequencies the human ears can hear.

These are natural limits.

Much is happening in our immediate surroundings we're unaware of.
How do you know all this

1 Like

Re: Does The Soul Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 7:36pm On Feb 12, 2023
DeepSight:

This is too funny for me to properly respond to. I can only say that the fact that one believes in the existence of a soul does not mean that one subscribes to voodoo or magic. I will also plead with you not to absurdify the discussion. Because there is nothing wrong in saying that there are certain requirements for a body which a soul can inhabit, just as surely as there are certain requirements for the sort of computer hardware that the software can operate in. You are virtually asking why computer software cannot operate on a bare piece of plastic or wood.

This is my personal perception. Just as the software which may be required to operate a small machine like a Gameboy will be different from that required to operate Deep Blue or a Space Mission. In the same way, the intangible software of an ant is unlikely to be of the same cadre as that of a man. Again, just my personal perception.

You dont see your hand, for example, as a part of your inner personality. It is a tool, and you know it.

Frankly, I dont even think it is possible to conceive of one existing at all without the fundamental inner aspect of being.
Without that, everything physical would at once be meaningless.

You would address it as "me" or "I".
But there is a sense of ownership over it by your inward mind, and thus you will see it as "yours" - - - you will address it as "my" body.
That is the summary of all: Your personal conviction, without a shred of evidence

3 Likes

Re: Does The Soul Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 7:38pm On Feb 12, 2023
DeepSight:
Let me just add that being an atheist does not mean that one must necessarily be a strict materialist - that is, one who says that only the physical exists. There are many thoughtful atheists who are not strict materialists.
Atheism is just a tag. You can be many things
Re: Does The Soul Exist? by Maynman: 7:40pm On Feb 12, 2023
DeepSight:
Let me just add that being an atheist does not mean that one must necessarily be a strict materialist - that is, one who says that only the physical exists. There are many thoughtful atheists who are not strict materialists.
An atheist is someone that doesn’t believe in a deity or deities.
An atheist can be anything he wishes outside of that.

You conjoining words together doesn’t make you smart.

1 Like

Re: Does The Soul Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 7:40pm On Feb 12, 2023
DeepSight:

"Loaded questions?" Lazy man.

You see, this is just as expectedly lazy as those opponents of Intelligent Design who look everywhere in the world, and behold the most baffling and intricate spectacles, such as the super computer that is the human brain - and then declare - "there is no evidence for design anywhere! If you have the evidence, present it!"
So which god did it?

2 Likes

Re: Does The Soul Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 7:41pm On Feb 12, 2023
DeepSight:

There is abundant evidence but if you can't face the the Kindergarten questions, sorry, you cant graduate to primary school.
Can you cut through this bullshit and present your evidence

2 Likes

Re: Does The Soul Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 7:41pm On Feb 12, 2023
correctguy101:
Yes and no.

@Deepsight nice one.

@Workch, is the mind a product of the chemical functions going on in the brain? I am as lazy as you are when it comes to lenghty talks but do answer me or just share with this ancestor what you think the mind is.

And please, that definition you gave of what the soul is, is erroneous.
What is the mind?
Re: Does The Soul Exist? by A001: 7:43pm On Feb 12, 2023
jaephoenix:

How do you know all this
I'm a Physics graduate.
Re: Does The Soul Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 7:43pm On Feb 12, 2023
A001:

I know soul exists because I fly out at will, watch people at night including you, then fly back to my bed in the morning

2 Likes

Re: Does The Soul Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 7:45pm On Feb 12, 2023
A001:

I'm a Physics graduate.
Oh wait, they teach soul travel in physics classes? Oh shit, I made a wrong career move wink

2 Likes

Re: Does The Soul Exist? by Maynman: 7:47pm On Feb 12, 2023
A001:
There are upper and lower limits of the range of light wave frequencies the human eyes can see, and also, there are upper and lower limits of the range of sound wave frequencies the human ears can hear.

These are natural limits.

Much is happening in our immediate surroundings we're unaware of.

So?

We also can’t see some microorganisms and we need microscope to see them, before microscope was created, I’m sure microorganisms was also a “mystery” to scientists then.

1 Like

Re: Does The Soul Exist? by A001: 7:48pm On Feb 12, 2023
jaephoenix:

I know soul exists because I fly out at will, watch people at night including you, then fly back to my bed in the morning
Keep sounding ignorant and close-minded like the average religionist.

Maybe you think the concepts of Physics such as wave-particle duality of matter is only there to be crammed and poured to pass exams.

Enlightened people know the paradox is a key principle underlying reality.

I don't have time for silly arguments on Nairaland and may not dignify you with a response again.
Re: Does The Soul Exist? by A001: 7:50pm On Feb 12, 2023
jaephoenix:

Oh wait, they teach soul travel in physics classes? Oh shit, I made a wrong career move wink
You must be foolish not to see the wave-particle paradox explained in my posts. Anyway, you're ignorant of how science works.

Your silly posts only show how low the quality of education of Nigeria's education system has sunk
Re: Does The Soul Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 7:53pm On Feb 12, 2023
A001:

Keep sounding ignorant and close-minded like the average religionist.

Maybe you think the concepts of Physics such as wave-particle duality of matter is only there to be crammed and poured to pass exams.

Enlightened people know the paradox is a key principle underlying reality.

I don't have time for silly arguments on Nairaland and may not dignify you with a response again.
Why is it that when you're pestered for explanations and evidences for your vague posts, you resort to insults? This is about the third time you do this. If you reply that you don't have any evidence, that its a gut feeling, nobody would kill you.
Sies!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Soul Exist? by Maynman: 7:54pm On Feb 12, 2023
A001:

You must be foolish not to see the wave-particle paradox explained in my posts. Anyway, you're ignorant of how science works.

Your silly posts only show how low the quality of education of Nigeria's education system has sunk

No dey bobo us.

1 Like

Re: Does The Soul Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 7:56pm On Feb 12, 2023
A001:

Bro, I know how all those work, maybe not as much as you do, since you claim youre a physicist, and I'm only a physician. The topic that brought us here is soul. And we're in the 3rd or 4th page of this thread, yet not you nor the OP, the proponent has thrown a shred of evidence or data our way. You're now called to provide evidence, and you get into your high horse and start throwing insults around. Really?

3 Likes

Re: Does The Soul Exist? by A001: 8:00pm On Feb 12, 2023
Maynman:

No dey bobo us.
Another foolish post. Attached is a standard definition of the wave-particle paradox.

You've started quoting me all about like person we dey swear for.

Re: Does The Soul Exist? by Maynman: 8:01pm On Feb 12, 2023
A001:

Another foolish post. Attached is a standard definition of the wave-particle paradox.

You've started quoting me all about like person we dey swear for.
Another foolish reply.
Go to quora and make a thread and be making this dumb assertions, you’ll be taught!

Re: Does The Soul Exist? by A001: 8:02pm On Feb 12, 2023
jaephoenix:

Bro, I know how all those work, maybe not as much as you do, since you claim youre a physicist, and I'm only a physician. The topic that brought us here is soul. And we're in the 3rd or 4th page of this thread, yet not you nor the OP, the proponent has thrown a shred of evidence or data our way. You're now called to provide evidence, and you get into your high horse and start throwing insults around. Really?
Tell me why I should waste my time in this discussion with you when I already gave the scientific concept underlying my submissions.

As I said earlier, I don't have time to waste in silly arguments.
Re: Does The Soul Exist? by KnownUnknown: 8:03pm On Feb 12, 2023
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mysticism

Quantum mysticism, sometimes referred pejoratively to as quantum quackery or quantum woo,is a set of metaphysical beliefs and associated practices that seek to relate consciousness, intelligence, spirituality, or mystical worldviews to the ideas of quantum mechanics and its interpretations. Quantum mysticism is criticized by non-believers with expert knowledge of quantum mechanics to be pseudoscience or quackery.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Soul Exist? by KnownUnknown: 8:05pm On Feb 12, 2023
DeepSight:

Brilliant again.

Hook, line…….

jaephoenix:

Bullshit
Re: Does The Soul Exist? by A001: 8:05pm On Feb 12, 2023
Maynman:

Another foolish reply.
Go to quora and make a thread and be making this dumb assertions, you’ll be taught!
You learn science on Quora and YouTube, and I do from professors and the best of textbooks with practical knowledge on the field.

We're not the same. You obviously don't understand the photos you're sharing.

You can post another 1000-word epistle. Let me know when it disproves the simple definition I gave above.
Re: Does The Soul Exist? by Maynman: 8:06pm On Feb 12, 2023
A001:

You learn science on Quora and YouTube, and I do from professors and the best of textbooks with practical knowledge on the field.

We're not the same. You obviously don't understand the photos you're sharing.

You can post another 1000-word epistle. Let me know when it disproves the simple definition I gave above.

You are saying jargons. If you understand what you’re taught you won’t be showing your illiteracy here.

Go on quora, make a thread, post the link here and see how you’ll be disgraced.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Soul Exist? by A001: 8:08pm On Feb 12, 2023
Foolish people. The scientific understanding of consciousness is still very low. That's why even the most brilliant scientists don't make claims about the subject with certainty.

Yet, some nonentities here that only learn science on Quora and YouTube think they understand consciousness deeply.

Arrogance in ignorance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can Prayers Change Nigeria? / Where Was Lazarus Soul After 3 Days He Died / Been A Gay Is Natural

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.