Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,086 members, 7,828,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy (24682 Views)

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. / US Soldier Flies Home To Surprise His Parents And Walks In On Them Having Sex / How I Shared Christmas Money Between My Parents And Inlaw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Ideservebetter(f): 8:26pm On Feb 09, 2023
I understand that most parents want the best for their children but at the same time, they should understand certain things that are beyond one's control.

My parents, relatives even family friends won't stop troubling me about marriage. I can't have healthy conversations with my people without them bringing up the marriage topic and worse off in a controversial manner. They always accuse me of being too selective and other talks like that, making me feel awful.

I desire to get married someday even though I don't see it as a "do or die" thing. I've been in relationships that didn't work out and I'm being blamed for it or asked why I didn't just manage. My God!

I've been thinking of how to get away from all these talk, maybe leaving home or changing my line. I really don't know what to do.
I'm someone people know as happy and bubbly outside but when I'm with my people, it's the complete opposite, minimal joy because they won't stop stressing me. For now, I've stopped attending family events since they'll be gathered there and I don't want anyone messing with my mental health.

I'm fed up, I need advice from matured minds please. cry

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Brandiebird: 8:31pm On Feb 09, 2023
This place is full of children! Where are the adults

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by anthonyuncle(m): 8:41pm On Feb 09, 2023
you better explain to them that you don't want to rush into marriage.
let them know that yes, you are selective but that's because you don't want to make a mistake

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by NutFunny: 8:43pm On Feb 09, 2023
Are you a Guy, Girl.. L,G,B,T or Q? grin
Ideservebetter:
I understand that most parents want the best for their children but at the same time, they should understand certain things that are beyond one's control.

My parents, relatives even family friends won't stop troubling me about marriage. I can't have healthy conversations with my people without them bringing up the marriage topic and worse off in a controversial manner. They always accuse me of being too selective and other talks like that, making me feel awful.

I desire to get married someday even though I don't see it as a "do or die" thing. I've been in relationships that didn't work out and I'm being blamed for it or asked why I didn't just manage. My God!

I've been thinking of how to get away from all these talk, maybe leaving home or changing my line. I really don't know what to do.
I'm someone people know as happy and bubbly outside but when I'm with my people, it's the complete opposite, minimal joy because they won't stop stressing me. For now, I've stopped attending family events since they'll be gathered there and I don't want anyone messing with my mental health.

So we know the particular prayer point you need

5 Likes

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by JASONjnr(m): 8:46pm On Feb 09, 2023
The problem is this Z-generation of girls...

Infact, I've been facing challenges finding a suitable wife....And I don't mind snatching any good girl from any unserious boyfriend like this...

About your family pressure, you give them the chance to talk down on you and you smile it out.

The moment you sound strong and have someone as a scapegoat, the rest will avoid talking down on you.

Probably, you're too soft and you give chances for people to ride on you easily...

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by NutFunny: 8:52pm On Feb 09, 2023
Ideservebetter:

Your acc is neutral, your name, msg, request are also neutral.

27 Likes

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Vijuchoco(f): 9:00pm On Feb 09, 2023
Kpele, my own sef worse. I introduced someone to my family around May, last year but I later noticed something I didn't like and would not be able to live with, so the relationship ended.. I didn't bother telling them about it because explaining some kind of things gets me annoyed. Since then, they've not stopped asking about him.
Just this evening, I was with my aunt on the phone. The call was already over 45mins, the moment she said "wey Raymond nar", I just told her good night and she started laughing..

In my opinion, I think you should minimize the rate at which you give them audience..

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by NutFunny: 9:02pm On Feb 09, 2023
JASONjnr:
The problem is this Z-generation of girls...
Mr JASONjnr aka HolySavior
Do you know how so complicated it is this period for parents to raise these kids?

If you know any parent having a girl or boy btw 13 & 23yr still in their care, go get some gifts for them n jst say: "Thank you for watching over this child(ren), may God Almighty bless you"

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Ideservebetter(f): 9:04pm On Feb 09, 2023
NutFunny:
Your acc is neutral, your name, msg, request are also neutral.

Lol. I just opened this account to get advice from people.
Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by JASONjnr(m): 9:05pm On Feb 09, 2023
NutFunny:
Mr JASONjnr aka HolySavior
Do you know how so complicated it is this period for parents to raise these kids?

If you know any parent having a girl or boy btw 13 & 23yr still in their care, go get some gifts for them n jst say: "Thank you for watching over this child(ren), may God Almighty bless you"

It is never a complicated issue to raise kids....

Also, I'm not some Holysavior guy....

I'm Jason.
Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Ideservebetter(f): 9:06pm On Feb 09, 2023
NutFunny:
Are you a Guy, Girl.. L,G,B,T or Q? grin

So we know the particular prayer point you need
Lol. I'm a lady o, so pray accordingly

2 Likes

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Berrityga: 9:07pm On Feb 09, 2023
Please throw away your phone, check yourself into a physiatrist home. You belong with other people that are not mentally stable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Ideservebetter(f): 9:11pm On Feb 09, 2023
Berrityga:
Please throw away your phone, check yourself into a physiatrist home. You belong with other people that are not mentally stable.
Oh God! Nairaland has become so porous. It's premature minds like yours I don't need advice from.
Keep your advice to yourself, it'll be more beneficial to you

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Berrityga: 9:14pm On Feb 09, 2023
Ideservebetter:
Oh God! Nairaland has become so porous. It's premature minds like yours I don't need advice from.
Keep your advice to yourself, it'll be more beneficial to you
you that have mature mind you came to nairaland to seek advice. Deluded sycophant. Your family should sale you into slavery since your not tired of eating free food at your age. Oloribruku

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Tit4Tat1(m): 9:16pm On Feb 09, 2023
You self,.try and get married nwww

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Vijuchoco(f): 9:23pm On Feb 09, 2023
Berrityga:
you that have mature mind you came to nairaland to seek advice. Deluded sycophant. Your family should sale you into slavery since your not tired of eating free food at your age. Oloribruku
Ha! You're mean

14 Likes

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Sonnobax15(m): 9:28pm On Feb 09, 2023
grin
Wahala
Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by nicerod(m): 9:32pm On Feb 09, 2023
U need to start shouting at them or talk to them rudely anything they talk about it.

Let them know u are not comfortable with the issues of marriage now.

When u rush in ehn.

They will still come back and blame u that why can't u wait for ur time

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Nazgul: 9:48pm On Feb 09, 2023
This is a very common practice in most Nigerian homes. Some parents (most especially mother's) get worried once their daughter starts clocking 25 and above and isn't showing any sign of settling down anytime soon.

In as much as their nagging might be annoying and embarrassing, you must understand that it's bore out of geninue care about your well-being.

For starters, I'll recommend you sit your dad and mom down and have a heart-to-heart conversation with them. Tell them what their constant nagging is doing to your mental health and threaten to commit suicide if they don't let you be.

You should work on yourself as well. During my university days my ICH lecturer would say "if 5 people tells you that you're drunk, even if you've never tasted alcohol before, check yourself something is wrong with you"

If you've had above 3 serious relationships in the past, and none worked out, I'll recommend you take a break a reflect inwardly, ask yourself certain questions like where am I getting it wrong, should I be more patient, do I overreact to irrelevant issues, am I trustworthy, am I honest, do I talk too much...etc.

If you can truthfully do an honest assessment on yourself this way, and change or adjust where necessary, I believe that your next relationship would be great.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by ikeno(m): 9:50pm On Feb 09, 2023
Before I even start dishing out advice,how old are you🤔

9 Likes

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Karleb(m): 9:51pm On Feb 09, 2023
ikeno:

That's the question.

6 Likes

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Ideservebetter(f): 10:15pm On Feb 09, 2023
ikeno:
I'm 31

17 Likes

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Autobot05: 10:22pm On Feb 09, 2023
Ideservebetter:
I'm 31

That means you are qualified to be called an evening newspaper

Goodlady .. is this you ??

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by ikeno(m): 10:30pm On Feb 09, 2023
Ideservebetter:
I'm 31
You still very young na,they should stop pestering your life.at this age your still getting to understand your body and explore more.see mumu wey I be I think say you don clock 40 sef.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by NutFunny: 10:55pm On Feb 09, 2023
JASONjnr:

It is never a complicated issue to raise kids....
I'm Jason.
After you have your first child, come back here to comment, okay?

Until then, kindly always remember to say little even when you know or rather think you know more about some stuffs

1 Like

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by JASONjnr(m): 10:58pm On Feb 09, 2023
NutFunny:
After you have your first child, come back here to comment, okay?

Until then, kindly always remember to say little even when you know or rather think you know more about some stuffs

Lol...

I raised my siblings and sponsored two through university....

So I know what it takes to raise a kid.....

You shouldn't be trying to speak of people you don't even know.....

2 Likes

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Ideservebetter(f): 11:10pm On Feb 09, 2023
ikeno:

You still very young na,they should stop pestering your life.at this age your still getting to understand your body and explore more.see mumu wey I be I think say you don clock 40 sef.
Say what?

4 Likes

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Ideservebetter(f): 11:11pm On Feb 09, 2023
Autobot05:

Goodlady .. is this you ??
That's your own cup of tea

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Ballzproblem2: 11:15pm On Feb 09, 2023
Berrityga:
una no go Kee person,guy she attack you for dream ? grin

3 Likes

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by ikeno(m): 11:15pm On Feb 09, 2023
Ideservebetter:
Say what?
No vex I dey greet you
Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by Ballzproblem2: 11:17pm On Feb 09, 2023
damn so much venom on this thread, everybody dey para grin make una take am easy abeg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy by NutFunny: 11:17pm On Feb 09, 2023
Autobot05:

Oga hold on.
Some are born Eunuchs,
Some are made Eunuchs,
Some made themselves Eunuchs.

Whatever she wants to become, she decides.

Going by what she's written about herself from the intro, I believe at this point she's chosen what to become - a wife, mother or just being a daughter, aunt or sister.

She may end up changing her mind aftr meeting a mate she's chosen, seen, thought of.. and kukuma make plans for next yr.

@OP, You may even wanna ignore until you've fully discovered yourself cos many r into their husband's home without knowing what dey evn want in marriage.

Sit, dey sit
Stand, dey stand. But once Sexy Mummy Twins give advice, she change immediately. Oga start seeing her real face (the female code)

So, madam notYetSearching go in peace
Have fun n seek the almighty's favor in your delight (No go kneeling before one greedy n selfish Daddy/Mummy G.O oooo) Talk to your father in the heavens above and he'd grant you your heart desires according to his will.

Faith without work is useless
So pray n wrk twrds what God wants for you

The pressure is now increasing cos it's the custom. So @OP, you only need to be clear bout your choice n be open minded with whomever you're discussing with at this point.

#StaySafe

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Have You Checked Your Microwave For Radiation Lately? / How Do You Gain Complete Custody Of A Child Born Out Of Wedlock? / Have You Ever Slept Hungry To Prove A Point To You Wife That You Are Angry ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.