Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,616 members, 7,827,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. (20687 Views)

My Father Disowned Me For Marrying A Disfigured Man { Photos } / I Disowned My Mother / Shalom Shoremi: Lesbian Disowned By Family On Newspaper For Same Sex Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Saintmary(f): 5:26pm On Feb 11, 2023
100fix:

Thank God you you’re convicted of it now.

We are not speaking about the man, neither do we have any way to tell him.

even out at the expense of your own soul.
It’s an individual race.
Shalom

Convicted of what exactly, that you are a woman-hating psycho that is hiding under Christianity to perpetuate your hatred of women using religion.

You will receive God's just punishment for mislead the Lord's flock.

4 Likes

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by gbogboija: 5:30pm On Feb 11, 2023
Oboy, if you really love your cousin, don't ever advise her to allow the stupid boy to come over to her in UK. "He has chosen the path he wanted, let him face the music" Your cousin have tried, and for the sake of her sanity and alignment with the fulfilling of her future dreams she has the right to do away with the Ingrate maybe for the next ten years or more. Block the fool, and allow the young woman to move on with her life. God bless you!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 11, 2023
Saintmary:

Convicted of what exactly, that you are a woman-hating psycho that is hiding under Christianity to perpetuate your hatred of women using religion.

You will receive God's just punishment for mislead the Lord's flock.

Shalom
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by cayorday89(m): 6:51pm On Feb 11, 2023
That woman did what most parents fail to understand that there is a stage a child will get to and he will have a mind of his own and whatever outcome it is they encountered in their choices is the child's cross to bear whether for good or for bad.

The child went in for the goodies which his father tempted him with to win him over to the extent of him not reaching out when she was sick and now he is playing another card to just have access to a greater goody and when the dad gets the ticket to a much better life he will jump over without thinking twice.

He already lose the trust of his mother to the extent of going to the point of threatening to change his surname to that of his father which he must have done.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by ROK123: 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2023
The mum knows what she's doing, her son will still mess up if he finds himself over there, its better he finishes his university Education here in Nigeria, before looking for where to go..by then he will be more wise and humble!

Chai! At his age he's so ungrateful sad

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Karleb(m): 7:19pm On Feb 11, 2023
The boy is a kid and should be forgiven. He should definitely serve is punishment but eventually, forgiveness have to come in.

If she doesn't, the kid might end up disowning her too.

That's when she'll understand first to do, e no dey pain.
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by darexolu16(m): 7:39pm On Feb 11, 2023
Zupay:
My cousin's son has been a source of disturbance to me for the past 2 weeks.

The background story.

My cousin got pregnant with him when she was 19 but the father who then in his mid 20s denied the pregnancy in the presence of both families and went on to claim the reason he gave her money to procure an abortion was because he was only one of the guys sleeping with my cousin at the time (which was a blatant lie) and it was his own contribution.

My Uncle and Aunt (my cousin's parents) had to accept the guy's denial and solely took care of my cousin's pregnancy. Her son was born in 2007 and bears my Uncle's name, he was taken care of by his grandparents, uncles and aunts as his mother went back to school and graduated. My cousin got a better paying job in 2015 and moved out of their family house with her son, who is presently in S.S.2.

The biological father resurfaced sometime last year in May, starting to make claims and all. He went directly to the boy's school to introduce himself and starting meeting the boy, buying him things without my cousin's knowledge until the man showed up at my uncle's house with some of his relatives but my uncle didn't receive them.

The boy was becoming rude to his mother, talking back at her, telling her he would push for a change in his surname to that of his biological father, became cold to his grandparents etc To cut long story, he moved to his father's house in August of last year and resumed school from there. My cousin (his mother) was seriously sick in October of last year, this boy never bothered to call on his mother despite knowing of her illness and he has a phone he uses freely.

My cousin (his mother) relocated to the UK early this January, on a skilled worker visa as she works in a children' home and have made up her mind to refocus on getting married and having other kids. Her son has been calling her, which she has never picked also sending her long stories of how his father's wife have been maltreating him even in the presence of his father and the father would say nothing. Pleading with the mother to bring him over to the UK to live with her (her visa allows her to bring her son to the UK easily since he is under 18) but my cousin have not been replying him and this boy has been disturbing me to talk his mother on his behalf as I am very close to my cousin.

I have spoken to my cousin severally and she insisted she has washed off her hands where her son is concerned, that she doesn't want him around her as she needs to live singly and have a relationship that would lead to marriage, that she really wants to settle down.

I have told the boy to concentrate on finishing secondary school but he seems obsessed with wanting to relocate to the UK though my other cousin (his mother's younger brother) has confirmed that the boy is having it rough living with the father, his wife and other children.

I believe his mother has a right to have a new lease of life.

This boy is always messaging me asking for updates, I don't know what else to tell him!

The stupid boy left his mother cos of the gifts his so called father was using to entice him....now he's gotten wat he wants and he wants to get back...I see him suffering a lot but I see his mother taking him back when she eventually settles down with someone and started a family...he will later be named THE PRODIGAL SON...This I have seen!

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Emmani360(m): 8:06pm On Feb 11, 2023
Mokason288:

Please can I have your cousin sisters contact

I’m seriously searching for a wife
Because you heard UK. Easy o
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Saintmary(f): 8:29pm On Feb 11, 2023
100fix:

Shalom

Don't shalom me, when the woman caught in adultery was brought to Jesus, He said he does not judge her, but you, Nigerian zealots, you judge women.

May the Lord repay you for placing unbearable burdens on His flock.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by adecz: 8:38pm On Feb 11, 2023
The way he treated his mother
was a total heartless betrayal, he
should manage the situation he put
himself to with his irresponsible so-called
father.

Let the mum settle down and get
married because such a son will come
to the UK and become another problem.

Nothing for him.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by dopedealer(m): 8:43pm On Feb 11, 2023
Paracetamol01:
ASUU strike will frustrate him..then he will learn his lesson

Leave am ... stupid boi.
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Nwachi22(f): 9:04pm On Feb 11, 2023
Mokason288:

I can feed you and your entire family comfortably

Lol. In your dreams. Come and be my dependant.
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Nwachi22(f): 9:07pm On Feb 11, 2023
Emmani360:

Because you heard UK. Easy o

Don’t mind him. The guy dey find free meal ticket.
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by spiralwedge(m): 9:21pm On Feb 11, 2023
The only reason he wants back is because the mother is in the UK. If he is having it rough at hus new home, please take him back to his grannies.

Cc zupay

1 Like

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by spiralwedge(m): 9:24pm On Feb 11, 2023
Karleb:
The boy is a kid and should be forgiven. He should definitely serve is punishment but eventually, forgiveness have to come in.

If she doesn't, the kid might end up disowning her too.

That's when she'll understand first to do, e no dey pain.

The kid can return to his grannies nah, they raised him. Why does he want to go to the UK? He was bearing his granny’s surname for most of his life.
He is going to be the mum’s undoing if he goes there. The woman deserves to start afresh.

Cc: zupay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Rubbiish(m): 9:29pm On Feb 11, 2023
OyeofIkoTuN:
Let the boy get-out...

Let his mom start her life again.. No time to check time.. There are orphans that are doing well in life..

Any pikin wey wan wayward we go wayward follow am
Honestly
Very ungrateful child for not checking on the mom when she was sick, that was extreme. Guess he is only calling her now because of the UK relocation.
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Allisgud: 9:43pm On Feb 11, 2023
Forget that yeye ungrateful oikin abeg,he has not learn na to go uk dey hungry am
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Nwachi22(f): 9:54pm On Feb 11, 2023
Mokason288:

You sound hungry and Ill mannered

Eww! Are you describing yourself. Lol.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Karleb(m): 10:05pm On Feb 11, 2023
spiralwedge:

The kid can return to his grannies nah, they raised him. Why does he want to go to the UK? He was bearing his granny’s surname for most of his life.
He is going to be the mum’s undoing if he goes there. The woman deserves to start afresh.

Cc:y

I hope she gets her new life. I also hope she wouldn't disturb grandpa like me in 20 years time on NL if the boy decides to disown her.
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Mindlog: 10:20pm On Feb 11, 2023
Karleb:

I hope she gets her new life. I also hope she wouldn't disturb grandpa like me in 20 years time on NL if the boy decides to disown her.

Disown her over what?🤔

He now has his father to care for him or is he not better off being raised by his father at this stage of his life rather than a single mother?

That boy will be a source of worry to his mother if she brings him over, person whey no "fear" the authority of his grandfather nor his uncles while still in Nigeria, shey na for UK whey many youngsters feel being rude is their birthright na im the boy go dey respectful?🙄

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Starships4u(m): 10:40pm On Feb 11, 2023
LilMissFavvy:
The mother supported the child from birth till 16yrs, let the father take over all responsibilities and needs of the boy. His mother has done enough.
Definitely my dear,
I'm in support of her....
Buh nevertheless, she's still his mom...
Family vex most times nor de reach blood.
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by TheCongo2: 10:56pm On Feb 11, 2023
Godson1996:
A similar story of mine. She should forgive him and reconsider. The boy was brainwashed by the useless father that has no manners. Same way my son was brainwashed by her mother.

What is your story
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Financialman: 4:32am On Feb 12, 2023
Janesouthall:

No....I have not!!!
Asaba girls are never ready to settle down and if they do,them no dey stay husband house tey
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by VULCAN(m): 5:08am On Feb 12, 2023
Truth. You said all that needs to be said

Although I know you would have said the opposite if it was a girl involved as you have never said anything in support of the male gender on Nairaland.

Kobojunkie:
The boy is 16/17, right? He made his choice to be with his father and she let him go. So why are you trying to carry his case on your head? undecided
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by VULCAN(m): 5:09am On Feb 12, 2023
Absolutely Hilarious

Mokason288:

The ladies In my area are not interested in having a serious relationship that should lead to marriage

Have you heard of Asaba gals

1 Like

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by VULCAN(m): 5:15am On Feb 12, 2023
Are you DNA, that you can confirm that the man is the father?

Your response reeks of sentimentality. Saying the male child is overrated obviously came from a past heartbreak. Try and get over it because women break men's hearts also so stop with the illogical statements

The woman made the right move as you said but attacking the man is unjustified because you don't know what he saw when he was dating the lady.

You should only say what you have said if you have proof he was lying about her having another boyfriend and also if you can prove that he is the father.

The boy in question is an ingrate and should face jamb and a Nigerian university

Klass99:
Zupay, first things first I like the simplicity and clarity of your post. Thank you for not rambling and getting straight to the point. wink

Secondly, I like your cousin to pieces already. She is a woman after my own heart and I love the choices she has made so far regarding her life and her son. Please DO NOT intervene for her son any longer or prevail on your cousin to change her mind.

Some children and adults need to learn that motherhood is not sainthood, neither is it martyrdom, where a woman is foolishly expected to die on top of nonsense and stupidity, in the name of motherhood or because of a child and a foolish one at that.

Kindly ask him to buzz off and quit bothering you. Is it by force to go to UK or reconcile with the mother? She doesn't want o! Like you said, she has a right to a fresh start and a new beginning in her life, without carrying along the same people who contributed to her past hurt and pain.

The male child is just overrated, look at what the son did and before that look at what another male child did (i.e. the boyfriend/father who denied the pregnancy only to return years later in a back-handed way)

1 Like

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Eyanbahose: 5:57am On Feb 12, 2023
Mindlog:

Yes, we can't discount the father being in the background of the desire to have him move to the UK. 🤣🤣🤣

I work here in the UK, in a company that recruits workforce from overseas and some of my colleagues who are single mothers who have no one to leave their child/children with back home in their home countries, had to arrive with their kids though it is better to come alone first, then after 2/3 months file for the child/children to come join them.

hello. I don't mean to seem intrusive but how can I be in touch with you? What you said about working for a company that recruits workforce from overseas interests me
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Nwachi22(f): 6:50am On Feb 12, 2023
Mokason288:

Nnkita like you…. It easy to deduce that you’re a prostitute from your comment

Stay off my mention ASHAWO like you

Oops, I didn’t know that your mother’s name is Mrs. Prostitute ASHAWO. Thanks for the info. grin

It’s only the son of a prostitute that will hear UK and be begging for contact. Keep disgracing yourself.

Nna, go and hustle like able bodied men and quit coming to nairaland to look for opportunity for free meal tickets and pick fights with women.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem / My Fiancée Is An Actress, Please Advice. / Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.