Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. (20615 Views)

My Father Disowned Me For Marrying A Disfigured Man { Photos } / I Disowned My Mother / Shalom Shoremi: Lesbian Disowned By Family On Newspaper For Same Sex Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by jmichael259(m): 1:31pm On Feb 11, 2023
Zupay:

I will be firmer with him not disturbing me because he can't even dare communicate with any of his mother's siblings because he really made them look foolish.. ..he is no longer welcomed in my uncle's home (his grandparents home) ..they no longer feel comfortable having him around them though he has tried to apologize.
Don't be misled! I was 15 once. He isn't apologizing, Just performing for the U.K entry. If you doubt me, take him abroad in ur own capacity & watch him disable or deport you. Make he enter boarding school>univesity>job>family. Ship don sail.

CSTRR:

Children are allowed to make mistakes without having it wreck their lives forever.

If that child is being maltreated in his father's house, leaving him there is unforgivable. let him communicate with his mother atleast, and with possible plans of relocating
Just imagine. Ogbeni, just shift one side. You too sound entitled and opportunist. Or Are you the boy?

6 Likes

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by sisisioge: 1:32pm On Feb 11, 2023
Zupay:
Thank you all for your insights. I won't disturb my cousin anymore regarding him.

I will be firmer with him not disturbing me because he can't even dare communicate with any of his mother's siblings because he really made them look foolish when he was behaving as if his father was the wronged party and he is no longer welcomed in my uncle's home (his grandparents home) because it was to my uncle's hearing in one of the times he said he would change his surname, so they no longer feel comfortable having him around them though he has tried to apologize.

Good, he will learn a vital lesson which will benefit him later in life, especially thr consequences of biting the hands that fed you. As for his terrible father, they are indeed father and son!

1 Like

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by anthonyuncle(m): 1:33pm On Feb 11, 2023
the boy is a replica of his father - GOLD DIGGER

1 Like

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 11, 2023
Mindlog:
The mother should continue to ignore him because bringing him to the UK will be a huge mistake on her part, as the boy would so frustrate her.

Let him enjoy his father's love and care, the mother has tried.

Awon japa crew don show face
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Klass99(f): 1:38pm On Feb 11, 2023

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by GistFullGround: 1:39pm On Feb 11, 2023
Zupay:
My cousin's son has been a source of disturbance to me for the past 2 weeks.

The background story.

My cousin got pregnant with him when she was 19 but the father who then in his mid 20s denied the pregnancy in the presence of both families and went on to claim the reason he gave her money to procure an abortion was because he was only one of the guys sleeping with my cousin at the time (which was a blatant lie) and it was his own contribution.

My Uncle and Aunt (my cousin's parents) had to accept the guy's denial and solely took care of my cousin's pregnancy. Her son was born in 2007 and bears my Uncle's name, he was taken care of by his grandparents, uncles and aunts as his mother went back to school and graduated. My cousin got a better paying job in 2015 and moved out of their family house with her son, who is presently in S.S.2.

The biological father resurfaced sometime last year in May, starting to make claims and all. He went directly to the boy's school to introduce himself and starting meeting the boy, buying him things without my cousin's knowledge until the man showed up at my uncle's house with some of his relatives but my uncle didn't receive them.

The boy was becoming rude to his mother, talking back at her, telling her he would push for a change in his surname to that of his biological father, became cold to his grandparents etc To cut long story, he moved to his father's house in August of last year and resumed school from there. My cousin (his mother) was seriously sick in October of last year, this boy never bothered to call on his mother despite knowing of her illness and he has a phone he uses freely.

My cousin (his mother) relocated to the UK early this January, on a skilled worker visa as she works in a children' home and have made up her mind to refocus on getting married and having other kids. Her son has been calling her, which she has never picked also sending her long stories of how his father's wife have been maltreating him even in the presence of his father and the father would say nothing. Pleading with the mother to bring him over to the UK to live with her (her visa allows her to bring her son to the UK easily since he is under 18) but my cousin have not been replying him and this boy has been disturbing me to talk his mother on his behalf as I am very close to my cousin.

I have spoken to my cousin severally and she insisted she has washed off her hands where her son is concerned, that she doesn't want him around her as she needs to live singly and have a relationship that would lead to marriage, that she really wants to settle down.

I have told the boy to concentrate on finishing secondary school but he seems obsessed with wanting to relocate to the UK though my other cousin (his mother's younger brother) has confirmed that the boy is having it rough living with the father, his wife and other children.

I believe his mother has a right to have a new lease of life.

This boy is always messaging me asking for updates, I don't know what else to tell him!

The boy is a useless son. Your cousin should forget him; "the way he has chosen to lie his bed, he should as well lay on it"

He desperately wants to travel out of the country. When he gets there, he will become a gang member, rude to his mom, and be embroiled in other social vices.

Your cousin must not allow the devil to come near her. I am very sure his so-called father may be using him so, he can find a way to travel, when the boy turns 21 years of age!

Na arrangement dem dey do... SHINE YOUR EYES

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by KingMack(m): 1:44pm On Feb 11, 2023
spinna:

I swear Karma dish am to am hot hot.. it's not good to be callous and wicked especially in family .. disloyal child.. she would regret seriously if she brings him to the uk.. let him face his Nigerian life for now and learn loyalty going forward.

🤝🤝
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Mindlog: 1:44pm On Feb 11, 2023
acewines:

Awon japa crew don show face

I don japa, tey tey!😜
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by IkeIgboNile(m): 1:44pm On Feb 11, 2023
Klass99

At the bolded, his father cares for him, he is not alone. His father cared enough to return for him 15 or 17 years later, he cared enough to take the boy into his home with his new family, he cared enough to buy him gifts and treat him nice, so much so that he began to disrespect/dishonour his mother and her family.

I feel no sympathy whatsoever towards this boy, teenager or not, he needs to stay disowned. I am very sure his mother and grand-parents would have tried to explain the circumstances of his birth to him and tried to caution him or appeal to his good sense. He should bond with his father o, after all blood is thicker than water.

While what he did was wrong,i think your hatred for men is clouding your judgement. I don't think you'll feel this strongly if it was a female child involved.

Back to the story, we should beware of the single story narrative. Do you know what hard it is for a boy to grow up without a father? Not that his father is dead. Do you know what he went through meeting friends with both fathers and mothers around and he only had his mother. We all in one way or other have always through that the "grass is greener on the other side" and have made decisions that we regret based on that. Let's not forget his a teenager who meets his long lost father who they must have told him abandoned him and wants nothing to do with him.

Op, get him to finish his secondary school first and try explaining to him the damage he had caused. Help him understand that he has a lot of atonement to do because of the damage he caused and explain to him that wanting to join his mother now is him running from his problems. Help him understand that he's almost an adult now and that he has to earn the trust of his grandparents first and work on his relationship with his mother before demanding to join her because if she accepts him without him going through this phrase he'll take it all for granted.

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by OvertheTop(m): 1:48pm On Feb 11, 2023
Janesouthall:

Na wa ooo....so all you are interested in this story is the cousin contact....shey ladies don Finnish for ur area ni....

UK is the Juice....
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Chomsky1967(f): 1:52pm On Feb 11, 2023
PapaHadum:
Foolishness runs in that lineage.

That foolish son and his father may kill that gullible woman even in UK

🤔👌
True
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by delishpot: 1:52pm On Feb 11, 2023
@Zupay She better not take him. He would use the govt against her over there. She should just put him in a good boarding house and let him enjoy his stay there

1 Like

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Saintmary(f): 1:54pm On Feb 11, 2023
100fix:

You are a very wicked person, yourself, if you don’t stop disturbing your cousin.

I hope you haven’t disturbed her to that extent.

The pressure from you can disturb her state of mind and make her begin to think of bringing the boy over. The boy is probably already doing internet fraud, or into various bad things.

Someone that sees this as an opportunity, instead of saying I’m no longer worthy to be called your child, take me as an hired servant I.e. I know I have done wrong, just forgive me first is all on my mind, he is busy having dreams of uk life.

Completely unrepentant, he will only wreck havoc there and drag her back and probably beat his mum, when he grows up with strange elements that’s are worse than him in the uk.

Let him show he’s doing something for himself, like some people have mentioned, probably even finish first degree in with good results. That will be a very good benchmark. And then watch him closely to see his mental posture.

He’s still young, There’s time. Let him prove himself, kind of like his mother did.

Or else, forget about him completely.

And it’s against the Word of God for his mother to remarry when she has a living partner as in Corinthians.

She can marry, she has never been married before.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by OvertheTop(m): 1:59pm On Feb 11, 2023
Richy4:

Be firm with him when issues of UK or joining her mother comes up.. but other than that, please be nice...he is a teenager and they make mistakes...It won't be Ok for him to know that no one cares...U are the only link now between him and his mother's siblings... Apply wisdom on this buddy...

Teenagers of this days are not strong as the '80s and '90s... Every little thing, their mind goes on suicide... Just hang in there for him man no matter how exhausting it might be... That's the ugly and challenging part of being an uncle... I wish that title can be renounced sometimes.. smiley

very key

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Klass99(f): 2:00pm On Feb 11, 2023

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by MoneyMustBMade(m): 2:00pm On Feb 11, 2023
All the boy to suffer
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by freshboy88(m): 2:01pm On Feb 11, 2023
Mokason288:

Please can I have your cousin sisters contact

I’m seriously searching for a wife

Na wife you dey find abi you wan japa? 😁😁😁
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by harmony75: 2:04pm On Feb 11, 2023
Please and please let that woman be.. Tell the son to go face his studies one day when his mother is settled she will send for him but now he should get out! Infact I love this woman she knows what she is doing and God will help her. Imagine a child she suffered for being rude to her 😔 💔 this boy deserves all the maltreatment he's getting from his father and stepmother see how he missed his great opportunities with his mother both would have been in abroad now.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by ZooOga: 2:05pm On Feb 11, 2023
" My cousin (his mother) was seriously sick in October of last year, this boy never bothered to call on his mother despite knowing of her illness and he has a phone he uses freely."

End of story! angry sad shocked

1 Like

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:09pm On Feb 11, 2023
The mother supported the child from birth till 16yrs, let the father take over all responsibilities and needs of the boy. His mother has done enough.
Starships4u:

The boy felt he has grown....
So let him fend for himself...
Let the mom support him from a distance tho... That way she'd regain her respect where he is without being close to affect her mental health.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 11, 2023
Saintmary:

She can marry, she has never been married before.
She got pregnant in the cause, you think there were no commitments?

The moment you and your partner sincerely exchange promises to marry. That’s as good as married in the sight of God.

Not the ceremony.

You can shrug it off but you only cheat yourself, not God.
You’re tied to that man. You know this.
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Mokason288(m): 2:17pm On Feb 11, 2023
freshboy88:

Na wife you dey find abi you wan japa? 😁😁😁

Wife wey don JAPA
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Royalpriest9301: 2:18pm On Feb 11, 2023
sad
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Mindlog: 2:20pm On Feb 11, 2023
100fix:

The moment you and your partner sincerely exchange promises to marry. That’s as good as married in the sight of God.

But in this story na boyfriend/girlfriend tinz, they were never married. The boy's father went ahead to marry and have other children.

The woman has never been married, so nothing is holding her back.

8 Likes

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 11, 2023
Mindlog:

I don japa, tey tey!😜

Enjoy cheesy
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Maysdevices(f): 2:20pm On Feb 11, 2023
id4sho:
If I b pikin, na to threaten the mother with suicide. Look for picture of sniper and rat poison and give 6am for shock news. She no go sleep that night. tongue grin wink

Honestly, the father has gaslighted him. Tell him how wicked his grandparents and mother is, not using his father's name unlike his classmates. That boy is still small, am sure he's missing his grandparents house, pampering, spoiling and endless love

If she’s anything like me, I will sleep so soundly that night while I wait for you to do what I should’ve done to you when I pregnant so I can be finally free.

5 Likes

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Aurelius1(m): 2:21pm On Feb 11, 2023
undisputedKOC:
Your cousin is a very useless mother. Was it her son that told her to be a wayward useless community slut sleeping around with boys in the hood at her tender teenage years; or did the boy ask to be born by irresponsible parents?

I repeat your cousin is a very useless mother and that UK she thinks she can repackage herself to deceive another man to marry her immature slut self, she will never succeed. May she end up with UK drug addicts a d sex love-vendor traffickers that will show her shege as Karma for choosing to abandon and disown her son over her own irresponsibility.

Bastard Olosho wey dey disguise. May God reward the uncle that foot the bills to raise the boy. His future is surely bright and by the time he becomes a full grown successful man, he will reward everyone according to their deeds, especially that bastard mother undecided
I never knew people like you exist. I'm speechless.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Nwachi22(f): 2:23pm On Feb 11, 2023
Your sister has a heart of Gold.
I pray she finds a good man. As for the ungrateful son, he should finish his undergraduate studies in Nigeria before joining his mum.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Maysdevices(f): 2:23pm On Feb 11, 2023
Klass99:

I am not saying we didn't make mistakes or we were perfect, but some if not most of us had enough sense within to stop us in our tracks when we were going overboard or starting to really get it wrong. Not only because of that innate ability I mentioned but also because of the training and upbringing received at home and in school.

From the story this boy was surrounded by love and wonderful grand-parents, whom ﹰI am sure did good, did right and did well by him, including his mother. I know people can grow and change, but a reconciliation should not be forced on the mother, if she doesn't want. Whether the boy changes or not, it is not by force to reunite them or for him to japa to the UK.

This user's post best describes me, like him I am staying child free abeg. Motherhood does not interest me. I cannot deal, especially with children like this teenager and someone's sister on front page. I was not made for unnecessary stress and strain, marriage and kids are life choices o, not mandatory goals or achievements. I have a choice, I get to choose. If I were a mother, I know with every fiber in my being that I will be the sort of mother who does what OP's cousin has done. No child will wreck me mentally or emotionally because I chose to birth them fa.
You two are like me also but I love my partner too much to not give him the children he really wants.

I wish he could see that children are nothing but trouble and unnecessary stress.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by sterlingD(m): 2:23pm On Feb 11, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
sad cool sad I stop reading at "my cousin, the boy mother snubbed him" That's very good. Tell your cousin to change her number. Such unruly boy is dangerous. Make he nor go constitute nuisance in UK or even kill the mother. Let him sit his black a$s in Nigeria. If he dare enter UK, una go collect. Useless, good for nothing 👦
This is exactly what l was going to post.The Papa come claim to am and him gree follow am turn him back against him mama and her people so wetin him dey find come back again.The boy should stay where he is suck it and grow up .See eh the boy needs to be under the tutelage of a father or better still have a father figure in his life who will mend and mold him seriously and thoroughly especially at hiis particular age him pushing to reconnect with his mother to join her in UK no be am at all.Make your cousin no loose guard agree make him come over at all.Make him dey with him papa make he receive sense and get sense. Whatever he needs his father will provide for him.He should remain where he is.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? / Who Is The Right Person To Choose As A Next Of Kin ? / A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.