Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,823 members, 7,828,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. (20694 Views)

My Father Disowned Me For Marrying A Disfigured Man { Photos } / I Disowned My Mother / Shalom Shoremi: Lesbian Disowned By Family On Newspaper For Same Sex Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Nwachi22(f): 8:16am On Feb 12, 2023
Mokason288:

I told you before and I will gladly say it again

I CAN FEED YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY FOR THE REST OF YOUR MISERABLE LIFE

I have been to over 8 countries in the world…
ASHAWO stay off my mentions Biko

Eh yah! You have been to over eight countries and you are here hustling to tag along with a lady, for for free pass to UK. grin

You’ve been to eight different countries in your dream. You no go calm down make able young ladies help a wretched man like you.

Looks like I’m exchanging words with a fellow woman. Nothing shows that you’re indeed a man.
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by bolseas(f): 9:06am On Feb 12, 2023
100fix:

Tell your sister not to remarry according to the Bible so that her blood won’t be on your head by saving her from erring.

I don't understand this part..

your advice is for her not to remarry.. was she ever married?

Secondly, why should the lady not remarry when the man has since remarried and even have kids?

1 Like

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by iamL(f): 9:34am On Feb 12, 2023
Richy4:

Be firm with him when issues of UK or joining her mother comes up.. but other than that, please be nice...he is a teenager and they make mistakes...It won't be Ok for him to know that no one cares...U are the only link now between him and his mother's siblings... Apply wisdom on this buddy...

Teenagers of this days are not strong as the '80s and '90s... Every little thing, their mind goes on suicide... Just hang in there for him man no matter how exhausting it might be... That's the ugly and challenging part of being an uncle... I wish that title can be renounced sometimes.. smiley

I disagree with this. He has his father and his step family he chooses so he is not alone. Is best the OP distances himself from him else he will continue to pest him.

Some teenagers of today are stronger than those in the 80s, its those spoilt brats that the society has corrupted that threateneds people with sucided over there foolish. Good he is a male child, he should face his life with his father.
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Epinigirls: 10:02am On Feb 12, 2023
Mindlog:

I work within the field of Clinical Child Psychology, so recruitment is around that field.

Uh oh
Okay 👍 thanks, I have degrees in engineering and medical Biochemistry
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Epinigirls: 10:05am On Feb 12, 2023
bolseas:

Secondly, why should the lady not remarry when the man has since remarried and even have kids?

No mind the person way say make she no marry, its probably a 12 year old behind that Monica

A 12 year old that didn't read the whole story

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by GeorgWashinton: 10:12am On Feb 12, 2023
Just like that?
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by iamL(f): 10:18am On Feb 12, 2023
If your cousin carry that boy move over to the uk his father will use him to keep tabs on your cousin, na village people he go invite. He is not a dependable son to your sister.

His going to the uk will make your cousins chances of getting her own family difficult. She needs move on with a new life And her own family cutting off all past bullshit.

Shebi he won change his surname make he go change am, na him papa turn to take care am.

Tell him you don have access to his mother anymore else he will see you as an enemy.

Na male child he be make he go hustle with him papa.

I like women like your cousin who don't fight over foolish men and children who don't deserve it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by iamL(f): 10:25am On Feb 12, 2023
CSTRR:
So because the boy went to live with his father, that is why she has refused to pick his calls?

What kind of a mother is that?
A 16yr old boy for that matter.

That woman is already looking for how to remarry and don't want the boy complicating things for her.

Selfish interests

Yes the same way his father denied him in the womb so that he can how around.and remarry without complications.

Her selfish interest is good.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by iamL(f): 10:47am On Feb 12, 2023
Karleb:

I hope she gets her new life. I also hope she wouldn't disturb grandpa like me in 20 years time on NL if the boy decides to disown her.

She has already moved on and disowned him what else dose he has to offer again?
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Nwachi22(f): 10:52am On Feb 12, 2023
Mokason288:

ASHAWO

How old are you??

Mr. Hustler grin

1 Like

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by achimendy(m): 12:21pm On Feb 12, 2023
Zupay:
My cousin's son has been a source of disturbance to me for the past 2 weeks.

The background story.

My cousin got pregnant with him when she was 19 but the father who then in his mid 20s denied the pregnancy in the presence of both families and went on to claim the reason he gave her money to procure an abortion was because he was only one of the guys sleeping with my cousin at the time (which was a blatant lie) and it was his own contribution.

My Uncle and Aunt (my cousin's parents) had to accept the guy's denial and solely took care of my cousin's pregnancy. Her son was born in 2007 and bears my Uncle's name, he was taken care of by his grandparents, uncles and aunts as his mother went back to school and graduated. My cousin got a better paying job in 2015 and moved out of their family house with her son, who is presently in S.S.2.

The biological father resurfaced sometime last year in May, starting to make claims and all. He went directly to the boy's school to introduce himself and starting meeting the boy, buying him things without my cousin's knowledge until the man showed up at my uncle's house with some of his relatives but my uncle didn't receive them.

The boy was becoming rude to his mother, talking back at her, telling her he would push for a change in his surname to that of his biological father, became cold to his grandparents etc To cut long story, he moved to his father's house in August of last year and resumed school from there. My cousin (his mother) was seriously sick in October of last year, this boy never bothered to call on his mother despite knowing of her illness and he has a phone he uses freely.

My cousin (his mother) relocated to the UK early this January, on a skilled worker visa as she works in a children' home and have made up her mind to refocus on getting married and having other kids. Her son has been calling her, which she has never picked also sending her long stories of how his father's wife have been maltreating him even in the presence of his father and the father would say nothing. Pleading with the mother to bring him over to the UK to live with her (her visa allows her to bring her son to the UK easily since he is under 18) but my cousin have not been replying him and this boy has been disturbing me to talk his mother on his behalf as I am very close to my cousin.

I have spoken to my cousin severally and she insisted she has washed off her hands where her son is concerned, that she doesn't want him around her as she needs to live singly and have a relationship that would lead to marriage, that she really wants to settle down.

I have told the boy to concentrate on finishing secondary school but he seems obsessed with wanting to relocate to the UK though my other cousin (his mother's younger brother) has confirmed that the boy is having it rough living with the father, his wife and other children.

I believe his mother has a right to have a new lease of life.

This boy is always messaging me asking for updates, I don't know what else to tell him!

That child is very stupid, how can he just ignore his mother like that, knowing fully well what the father did to the mother. He should remain with his father and learn some lessons.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Mindlog: 12:37pm On Feb 12, 2023
GeorgWashinton:
Just like that?

It is not as if the boy was abandoned, he is living with his father.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Karleb(m): 12:58pm On Feb 12, 2023
iamL:

She has already moved on and disowned him what else dose he has to offer again?

Okay. grin
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 12, 2023
bolseas:

32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Mindlog: 1:34pm On Feb 12, 2023
100fix:

32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

The OP's cousin and the father of the boy never married, so nothing like husband and wife between as they were just boyfriend/girlfriend and the pregnancy happened.

The man has married and has kids with his wife while OP's cousin intends to do same, so what is difficult to understand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 12, 2023
Mindlog:

The OP's cousin and the father of the boy never married, so nothing like husband and wife between as they were just boyfriend/girlfriend and the pregnancy happened.

The man has married and has kids with his wife while OP's cousin intends to do same, so what is difficult to understand.

Both adulterous
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Mindlog: 5:08pm On Feb 12, 2023
100fix:

Both adulterous
They were never married to each other, your queer interpretation of the scriptures is very misleading

1 Like

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 12, 2023
Mindlog:

They were never married to each other, your queer interpretation of the scriptures is very misleading

Okay
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Nwachi22(f): 7:52pm On Feb 12, 2023
Modified
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by spiralwedge(m): 8:31pm On Feb 12, 2023
Karleb:

I hope she gets her new life. I also hope she wouldn't disturb grandpa like me in 20 years time on NL if the boy decides to disown her.

He already disowned her.

She won’t be perturbed as she would be raising new kids/family.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Nwachi22(f): 9:17pm On Feb 12, 2023
[quote author=Mokason288 post=120856806]
[color=#000099]Crack head
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Lamanii22(f): 9:40pm On Feb 12, 2023
Good for the stupid ungrateful boyyy…. Didn’t even think bout the shame his mother went through when his idiot father denied the pregnancy…. He should still stay with his father and suffer small more sef….

1 Like

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by eazzzy1(m): 2:53am On Feb 13, 2023
If every mother disowns their rebellious teenagers there would be no children with mothers in the world. Your cousin was a rebellious teenager, she got pregnant at 19, did her folks disown her?

I understand the fear of not wanting to relocate the boy abroad but not picking his call and not wanting anything to do with him is an overkill.

The table your cousin thinks has turned in her favour is still turning. The mistake the boys father made in his youth is what your cousin is making at almost 40. When his father came back to his senses, he met an impressionable teenager, when your cousin comes back to hers it may be too late as her son would not be the child you can win over with sweets and biscuits anymore.

Tell the lad the truth as you have told us, your mom wants nothing to do with you, she wants to focus on starting a new family.
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Brandiebird: 3:09am On Feb 13, 2023
Just a few points I noticed….

1) A child wanted his biological father’s name: nothing wrong with that.

2. He wanted to live with his father: his right and as a child he was probably damaged by his mother and father’s actions.

3. He is being manipulated and abused: He probably understood the drama around his birth and then his father became abusive after manipulating him.

4. This is a child we’re talking about: Most importantly!!!! A child who knew nothing about life.

5. The mother was a loose girl who got pregnant out of marriage

6. The father was a manipulative predator

I just feel sorry for that child

Also, this place is full of bitter people! Home of the weak and depressed.
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Saintmary(f): 2:38pm On Feb 13, 2023
Brandiebird:
Just a few points I noticed….

1) A child wanted his biological father’s name: nothing wrong with that.

2. He wanted to live with his father: his right and as a child he was probably damaged by his mother and father’s actions.

3. He is being manipulated and abused: He probably understood the drama around his birth and then his father became abusive after manipulating him.

4. This is a child we’re talking about: Most importantly!!!! A child who knew nothing about life.

5. The mother was a loose girl who got pregnant out of marriage

6. The father was a manipulative predator

I just feel sorry for that child

Also, this place is full of bitter people! Home of the weak and depressed.

So, you want the "loose" girl to sponsor the boy abroad because he's a child.

A 17 year old child, hmm

You have no problem collecting money from "loose" girls.

Your hypocrisy stinks to the high heavens

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Saintmary(f): 2:41pm On Feb 13, 2023
eazzzy1:
If every mother disowns their rebellious teenagers there would be no children with mothers in the world. Your cousin was a rebellious teenager, she got pregnant at 19, did her folks disown her?

I understand the fear of not wanting to relocate the boy abroad but not picking his call and not wanting anything to do with him is an overkill.

The table your cousin thinks has turned in her favour is still turning. The mistake the boys father made in his youth is what your cousin is making at almost 40. When his father came back to his senses, he met an impressionable teenager, when your cousin comes back to hers it may be too late as her son would not be the child you can win over with sweets and biscuits anymore.

Tell the lad the truth as you have told us, your mom wants nothing to do with you, she wants to focus on starting a new family.

I can't wait to see her rich, full, happy future without dead weights in her life.
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Danisaint112(m): 2:43pm On Feb 13, 2023
Zupay:

This boy is always messaging me asking for updates, I don't know what else to tell him!

If you love your cousin sister you wouldn't do this thing you want to do to her right now. The the boy in question doesn't even deserve it.

Whenever a woman's life is this messed up (teenage pregnancy) the only thing that can clean her up and make her have some respect is money.

This happens mostly if such person studied abroad and is also rich. Allow the lady to focus on her life. Allow her to set her life back on track.

The boy has spent at least 15 years with you all, let him spend 5 - 7 years with the dad so that when he gets out he will compare the difference and appreciate what you all have done for him.

Your cousin sister bringing him abroad would be her using her own hand to sabotage her destiny. Like there is a possibility this boy can screw things up real bad for her over there.

Above all he doesn't even deserve it at least not now or in the next five years. I'm speaking to you from experience.

Do you know:
It is better for your sister to tell a man that comes for her hand in marriage that "she has a son but he is with his father, than she has a son and he is with her."
I believe you are wise enough to understand this sir.

Simply tell the boy his mother has made up her mind, Cut communications with him at the moment if possible and let him know he disturbs a lot.

If the maltreatment becomes worse or gets overboard he should rather come stay with the grandparents than meet the mom over there.

I Repeat, allow your sister to set her life back on track for if you pressure her into bringing him over there you would someday regret the decision you made today.
My 2 Kobo.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Brandiebird: 2:43pm On Feb 13, 2023
Saintmary:

So, you want the "loose" girl to sponsor the boy abroad because he's a child.

A 17 year old child, hmm

You have no problem collecting money from "loose" girls.

Your hypocrisy stinks to the high heavens

It’s scary to think you’re a mother or you’ll be somebody’s mother one day. Yes! She was a loose girl and she will meet her karma in her “new” children.
Re: My Cousin "Disowned" Her Son. by Saintmary(f): 2:50pm On Feb 13, 2023
Brandiebird:

It’s scary to think you’re a mother or you’ll be somebody’s mother one day. Yes! She was a loose girl and she will meet her karma in her “new” children.

A woman you don't know, you are already hating, simply because you heard her story.

You're pretending to be scared for children who are loved and cared for just because their mother does not agree with your reasoning.

You want a "loose" girl to keep doing what you want because she is not supposed to have her own life.

You called every respondent on this thread bitter and depressed because you have a different opinion.

Turn the light on yourself, look closely at yourself, what you will see will disgust you.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Fiancée Is An Actress, Please Advice. / Family Members Arrested For Forcefully Taking Underage Children Of A Widow / Woman And Her Son Buried The Same Day In Akwa Ibom (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.