Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' (44694 Views)

21 Churches Destroyed, Burnt In Pakistan Over Blasphemy Under 2 Days / Where Is Any Christian Doing GREATER Works Than Jesus Did Today? / I Have Done More For Christianity Than Jesus - Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:41am On Feb 11, 2023
Christian Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus'
written by Lauren Koch February 10, 2023

34-year-old Ashfaq Masih was sentenced to death by a court in Lahore for blasphemy.

Originally arrested in 2017, Masih engaged in a verbal confrontation with a customer at his motorbike repair shop who requested his bill be waived on the grounds that he was a religious devotee. Masih refused to waive the bill, stating he believed in Jesus Christ.

"When Ashfaq asked for payment he refused to pay the full amount, saying he was a poor sadhu (religious devotee) and that Ashfaq should honour him."

"Jesus is the true prophet" Masih allegedly claimed, leading to the "guilty" verdict of insulting the prophet Mohammad.

The statement "I follow only Jesus" was constructed as "I refuse to follow Prophet Muhammad" and qualified as blasphemy. The Session Court agreed.

Over the course of five years, Masih's hearings have been repeatedly moved or cancelled. In 2019, due to his mother's passing, he was allowed to attend her funeral. In an image shared on twitter, Masih embraced his family while still in handcuffs.

Later in 2022, Masih, a husband and father, was sentenced to death by Judge Khalid Wazir.

Prayers for Ashfaq Masih, his family, and other persecuted Christians across the world are pivotal right now as he contends for an overturn in the verdict.

"Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." (Matthew 5:10-12).

Source

This is what it means for Christians living in an Islamic State. Let's hope and pray for justice to prevail in this case.

265 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by Franzinni: 9:55am On Feb 11, 2023
See the defiance in his eyes .... You can only kill flesh and not the spirit and you do so becasue you foolishly forget that you are flesh too.

592 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 11, 2023
Can you see how Muslims in their country persecute Christians on a regular basis? This same set of people are usually quick to shout discrimination when they are avoided in Christian majority countries for fear of terrorism...

This is the religion of "peace". This attack on Christians is common in Muslim dominated regions and countries, even in northern Nigeria.

What goes around comes around. May God judge you all.

655 Likes 56 Shares

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by JASONjnr(m): 10:20am On Feb 11, 2023
adler777:
Can you see how Muslims in their country persecute Christians on a regular basis? This same set of people are usually quick to shout discrimination when they are avoided in Christian majority country for fear of terrorism...

This is the religion of "peace".

Aren't they doing the same in Nigeria?

While CAN is always romancing them....

And somebody came up with a Muslim Muslim ticket and when you mention it, the urchins will come and be asking you stupid questions about ESN as of ESN isn't fighting to get free from the country that's marginalising them as a tribe....

337 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 11, 2023
JASONjnr:

Aren't they doing the same in Nigeria?

While CAN is always romancing them....

And somebody came up with a Muslim Muslim ticket and when you mention it, the urchins will come and be asking you stupid questions about ESN as of ESN isn't fighting to get free from the country that's marginalising them as a tribe....

Because most of you don't have good words to garner support for your candidate. No matter how right your candidate is, you don't call people "urchins" and expect them to support you.

I am a Christian myself but most of you obidients are usually too coercive and abusive once you hear any contrary view, you won't win people over that way. Politics is different from unionism or protest, that's where you all are getting it wrong.

94 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by JASONjnr(m): 10:46am On Feb 11, 2023
adler777:

Because most of you don't have good words to garner support for your candidate. No matter how right your candidate is, you don't call people "urchins" and expect them to support you.

I am a Christian myself but most of you obidients are usually too coercive and abusive once you hear any contrary view, you won't win people over that way. Politics is different from unionism or protest, that's where you all are getting it wrong.

This your hypocritical comment will not stop me from calling you urchins...

I've been called IPOB, Zombidient, and many other names and yet, I have never stop speaking right about any candidate when the need arise...

I've supported Tinubu when he was accused of making an incoherent comment about the chopper...

So swerve to your Almajiri school....And stop claiming to be a Christian.....

Because, no sane Christian will support Tinubu... I mean, you can't have your brain intact and you support Tinubu....As a Christian...

375 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 11, 2023
JASONjnr:

This your hypocritical comment will not stop me from calling you urchins...

I've been called IPOB, Zombidient, and many other names and yet, I have never stop speaking right about any candidate when the need arise...

I've supported Tinubu when he was accused of making an incoherent comment about the chopper...

So swerve to your Almajiri school....And stop claiming to be a Christian.....

Because, no sane Christian will support Tinubu... I mean, you can't have your brain intact and you support Tinubu....As a Christian...

You are the urchin here not me. The same stup!dity I spoke of is what you are perpetrating
. You can look through my post, I will never support Tinubu, Atiku & even Obi.

Obi was a PDP member for a decade, he was part of their system, I don't think a change of party means he is now a saint. He has no antecedents and I see him as a hypocrite.

Also, like I said earlier, most of you have bad mouth and will NEVER garner the support of other Nigerians by insulting people on a daily basis. I would rather vote for Sowore than to vote for Obi.

79 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by JASONjnr(m): 11:03am On Feb 11, 2023
adler777:

You are the urchin here not me. The same stupldity I spoke of is what you are perpetrating
. You can look through my post, I will never support Tinubu, Atiku & even Obi.

Obi was a PDP member for a decade, he was part of their system, I don't think a change of party means he is now a saint. He has no antecedents and I see him as a hypocrite.

Also, like I said earlier, most of you have bad mouth and will NEVER garner the support of other Nigerians by insulting people on a daily basis. I would rather vote for Sowore than to vote for Obi.

Go and sit down....

Who's asking for your stupid support ?

You that can't even transport yourself to your pulling unit is talking about support....

The people seeking for a better Nigeria will go out to vote wisely...

So carry your nonsense talk out of my mention....

239 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 11, 2023
JASONjnr:

Go and sit down....

Who's asking for your stupid support ?

You that can't even transport yourself to your pulling unit is talking about support....

The people seeking for a better Nigeria will go out to vote wisely...

So carry your nonsense talk out of my mention....

Lol, so why did you quote me talking about lack of support for Obi? Well, you already have your answer- most of you are mannerless. Poor character always reflects itself.

Anything you like, type, that's your load to carry. I don't have time for silly exchanges this morning. Bye.

64 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by Dtruthspeaker: 11:59am On Feb 11, 2023
It is crazy to expect righteousness and just is from the unrighteous.
OLAADEGBU:

This is what it means for Christians living in an Islamic State. Let's hope and pray for justice to prevail in this case.

4 Likes

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by Dtruthspeaker: 12:02pm On Feb 11, 2023
adler777:

Amen!

I thank God that He would soon be here to judge.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:48pm On Feb 11, 2023
I have some Pakistan brothers and sisters preaching God's Word and reaching out to the people there.

May God see them through it all. In Jesus name.

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by ValCon888: 11:50pm On Feb 11, 2023
Religion is the problem of mankind.

Until we eliminate this cankerworm, we'll never be able to evolve as a species.

12 Likes

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:43am On Feb 12, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Praying For The Persecuted
FEBRUARY 12, 2023

https://highereveryday.app

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by nairalee(m): 10:06am On Feb 12, 2023
Wait is this story real?

1) Dude refused to pay because he's a religious devotee?
2) Because your belief is different from theirs you're blasphemous?

I wouldn't last one minute in that country

86 Likes

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by uncleck: 10:06am On Feb 12, 2023
Shame!!! People have killed millions of people and destroyed properties worth billions and fought wars in the name of God. In the other hand, no God has deemed it fit to help humans solve any of their problems. No God has helped humans fight abject poverty, sickness and death.

It is obvious that all gods will die once humans stop catering for them. Humans feed them with worship. Humans fight for them. Humans still use their scarce resources to build them worship center. Of what use is any God to humans?

The one that killed for Mohammed killed in vain. The one that died for Jesus died in vain

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by Tito24: 10:06am On Feb 12, 2023
The so called sadhu (religious devotee) should have declared that he was one and made clear his expectations as regards no payment before the service was rendered

The religious devotee is not a sincere person

If everybody becomes religious devotees who will then pay for goods and services

As if that's supposed to put food on his table

It is well with you my brother in Christ

They can only kill the flesh

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by dfrost: 10:06am On Feb 12, 2023

Religious differences over market matter?
Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by temitope27(m): 10:07am On Feb 12, 2023
Is that what Jesus taught him? Be kind to your fellow men

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by iwaeda: 10:07am On Feb 12, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

APC may take Nigeria to that level if we are not careful. grin grin grin grin

35 Likes

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:07am On Feb 12, 2023
'Religion is the opium of the people'

~Karl Marx (1818 - 1883)

Moh247:
cool

Pakistan, Afghanistan, indians these people are generally goats

You Afonja Muslim still dey talk? You better swerve to Islamic section on NL fast!

17 Likes

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by SHINJA: 10:08am On Feb 12, 2023
Cursed be upon any stupid Christian that will vote for Muslim-muslim ticket...

God bless Southsouth and Southwest

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by Moh247: 10:08am On Feb 12, 2023
cool

Pakistan, Afghanistan, indians these people are generally goats

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 12, 2023
adler777:

I would rather vote for Sowore than to vote for Obi.
I will rather vote Sowore = Lowkey Agbado aka conflakes

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by Ennoloa: 10:09am On Feb 12, 2023
cool
Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by AfonjaConehead: 10:09am On Feb 12, 2023
The Lord is with thee...

2 Likes

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by temitope27(m): 10:10am On Feb 12, 2023
SHINJA:
Cursed be upon any stupid Christian that will vote for Muslim-muslim ticket...

God bless Southsouth and Southwest
may curse be on your generation

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by piyoo91: 10:10am On Feb 12, 2023
You all see what we the northern christian are trying hard to avoid. I know you might see it as just a mere talk because you do not live in the north. For example, go to gidan zallah, in bungudu local govt of zamfara state, that is the only place you will see indigeneous hausa christian in zamfara but i tell you nothing but the truth, they are been force one way or the other to deny their faith, even to get state of origin from your own state is a thug of war. The same in kastina, forcing and marrying off daughters without our approval and converting them to islam. You saw how bokoharam started in borno, it was targeted at the christians and i can tell boldly that those muslim they are attacking and killing all na wash. That is why we northern christians don't want muslim muslim ticket. And for you southern christian that choose to vote for muslim muslim ticket because your region is reek of islamic radicals and is at peace. Think about we christians in the north

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Sentenced To Death In Pakistan, 'I Don't Follow Anyone Other Than Jesus' by saintkel(m): 10:10am On Feb 12, 2023
Islam.....I just wonder how dis guys feel about dis religion

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Woman Gave Birth To Dog In Bori Rivers State After 3 Years Pregnancy - FB User / The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? / Lord's Chosen Member Catches Owl In Church In Enugu State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.