Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,996 members, 7,828,516 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address (56002 Views)

Video Of Buhari's National Address On Sunday / Watch President Buhari's National Address Live / 2019: Tinubu Declines To Lead Buhari’s National Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Lovenorth: 8:00am On Feb 16, 2023
Talibu the drug lord in the mud grin
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by TheSameGuy(m): 8:00am On Feb 16, 2023
What do you expect him to say?

That he's going to be one-sided and scare the citizens away?

Una get brain so
Ogonimilitant:
23.​I urge every citizen therefore, to go out to vote for their candidates of choice without fear, because security shall be provided and your vote shall count.

Buhari just dey follow Tinubu to campaign, just to fulfill all righteousness.

Tinubu Na Mugu. Any urchin or agbero that tries to do rubbish in Lagos would be neutralized.
Urchins be warned

Buhari has exonerated Emefiele. So If this APC criminals have balls, the should call out Buhari

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by advanceDNA: 8:00am On Feb 16, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
Yes. I watched it(somebody had to do it). In effect, old 500 naira and 1000 naira remain illegal tenders. Old 200 naira notes will be pushed back into circulation until April 10th.

I used to doubt that politics was behind this currency redesign. The president this morning, cleared that doubt. He actually is doing this to prevent politicians from buying votes. No politician has bundles of 200 naira notes stored up. They certainly didn't see this coming.

Sadly though, it appears he is not willing to respect any judgement of the supreme court concerning this matter.

Supreme court....?? Lol...

Both emefiele and the supreme court reports to the commander in cheif......

One mistake....the commander in cheif appoints the head of the apex court and sorts all of them with ghana must go...

...so we are just deceiving ourselves in this country when supreme court was giving court order to override the President's initial order...

it was a dead on arrival court order

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Ogagawhite(f): 8:01am On Feb 16, 2023
Dis country Dey very useless in decision making, after all the pain People have been tro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Levels2(f): 8:02am On Feb 16, 2023
MaliCampus:
Lols. At this Point,Asiwaju Bola Tinubu should do the right thing and Step down for Peter Gregory Obi.
I Hope Urchins will leave Emefiele Alone now, and face General Buhari

How do you compare a LION with a GOAT.

Won kere si number wa !!!!!

ASIWAJU is always on TOP.
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Livingstone124: 8:02am On Feb 16, 2023
Majlaw:
You and Emefiele will go to jail... Insha Allah.
As the sweet us e dey pain Dem. grin
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Gabbriell: 8:03am On Feb 16, 2023

In the last quarter of 2022, I authorised the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to redesign the N200, N500, and N1000 Nigerian banknotes

I told some people in this forum that this policy has the presidential executive backing , them no gree. Shey una hear ram now?
CBN governor is bravely doing what he is doing knowing fully well that Buhari has his backing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 16, 2023
grin grin

21.​Fellow citizens, on the 25th of February, 2023 the nation would be electing a new President and National Assembly members. I am aware that this new monetary policy has also contributed immensely to the minimization of the influence of money in politics.

22.​This is a positive departure from the past and represents a bold legacy step by this administration, towards laying a strong foundation for free and fair elections.

23.​I urge every citizen therefore, to go out to vote for their candidates of choice without fear, because security shall be provided and your vote shall count.

Ogbe won ni handicap, 21 billion naira in the mud ...biko make you na vote your conscience.

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by 4ward4: 8:03am On Feb 16, 2023
Goodson15:
MILITARY MIND MAN, the president have spoken, e go pepper some people,

His point two , made me Laugh .... He just needed to let us know he was democratically elected.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by TheSameGuy(m): 8:04am On Feb 16, 2023
New notes? Are you living under cave?

In 12months, only 900b of new notes can be made. Whereas we need at least 1½ trillion in circulation.
Una must suffer for supporting this policy
Malory:
If CBN can circulate more new notes then I'm ok with it.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Levels2(f): 8:04am On Feb 16, 2023
[quote author=Racoon post=120948724][/quote]

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Lunja: 8:05am On Feb 16, 2023
Jungle don dey mature🤭

TheSameGuy:
What do you expect him to say?

That he's going to be one-sided and scare the citizens away?

Una get brain so
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Levels2(f): 8:05am On Feb 16, 2023
olatade:
APC made a monetary policy

- APC started complaining about it APC’s policy

- APC says APC has introduced this policy to stop APC from winning the election for APC

- APC went to court to stop APC’s policy

- APC politician is the CBN governor

- APC is the ruling party

- APC is the opposition party

- APC justices at Supreme Court tried to stop APC

- APC refused to obey APC’s court order.

- APC campaign slogan is Rescue mission.

- APC wants to rescue APC from APC.

- APC is currently on trial against APC.

We na look we dey look

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Hessem: 8:06am On Feb 16, 2023
alhussein9:
Useless man!

This one pain u. Hahahah
Tell Tinubu and Atiku to bring out the 1000 & 500 old note they kept.

They should return it for news note hahahhahahahahahaaag.
Thieves

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Levels2(f): 8:07am On Feb 16, 2023
bestman09:
I have to agree with Buhari for the first time in my life.

I learnt that there's a particular money that the central bank is looking for or expecting to see but the hoarders of the money feel that they are more powerful than the the government and refused to release the money as it has been reserved to buy the electorate in the forthcoming presidential election hence the roforofo fight, which unfortunately, the masses are bearing the brunt. The said money is not in N200 denomination o. grin grin grin

I'll confirm the insinuation when the emilokan group reacts to the presidential broadcast.

Thank you Buhari just for this

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by dat9jaguy(m): 8:07am On Feb 16, 2023
Gabbriell:

I told some people in this forum that this policy is as a result of a presidential executive order, them no gree. Shey una hear ram now?

Oga the word authorized and directed are different words. Authorized means it was brought to him for authorization while you direct someone from your own initiative.

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by sonofthunder: 8:07am On Feb 16, 2023
Na to burn the old note..... Publicly
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Blackmanpro: 8:07am On Feb 16, 2023
All this speech just to extend the old note
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by blaquemyc: 8:08am On Feb 16, 2023
pho:

May God bless you richly for your kind gesture. We need more people like you to make our world a better place
He was robbed. Read the last sentence again.
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Pholadime(m): 8:08am On Feb 16, 2023
I'm not even sure if most people on this platform really understand your plight, the pain of what happened to you through the height of insecurities everywhere . Sorry for your loss, God'll replenish you in folds.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Jflex07(m): 8:08am On Feb 16, 2023
famozine1:
An with obi 💯 but as time goes on and people sees him as the messiah is like am loosing interest bcoz that is how Mr bubu was painted as the savior then, so all the overhype from LP and bad mouth about tunubu let prefer tinubu .
Bcoz generally if u hype something too much it is likely to be a flop, even it happen in football he that's is underated may perform more than expected
You are an urchin
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Hessem: 8:09am On Feb 16, 2023
God bless you Buhari. Can u imagine the Mount of money peoy stored in their various mentions. It's alarming but idiots and urchins will be praising those thieves even when the online and Nairaland fools are hungry withy 1k in their account

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Trustyourself: 8:09am On Feb 16, 2023
All what we want is free and fair elections. If that can be done, all the sins of APC for the past eight years will be forgiven.
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by bestman09(m): 8:11am On Feb 16, 2023
Levels2:

As e go dey pain you urchins, e go dey sweet us

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Gabbriell: 8:12am On Feb 16, 2023
LordviccoDaGuru:

Source
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02p8xVx5zgRqPTwhRrnYxGa7MUXUaPx7RaeiWWjgWrB3B8PSgvu8ehKGFCDYHr38nel&id=100011193364134&sfnsn=scwspwa&mibextid=6aamW6

The proportion of currency outside banks grew from 78%in 2015 to 85% in 2022. As of October 2022, therefore, currency in circulation had risen to N3.23 trillion; out of which only N500 billion was within the Banking System while N2.7 trillion remained permanently outside the system; thereby distorting the financial policy and efficient management of inflation;
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Majlaw(m): 8:12am On Feb 16, 2023
Livingstone124:
As the sweet us e dey pain Dem. grin
Nothing dey sweet you guy... All of us dey feel the heat.. No lie abeg
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Lovelive: 8:12am On Feb 16, 2023
One of the urchins is above and another one below your comments.

Emalule, urchins !
NwaAdazzi:
Urchins won't like this....😂😂
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Truthdeypain: 8:12am On Feb 16, 2023
Olowosaudi:
Hmmm. This government is confused. Where are the new notes? You wanna push back the old 200naira notes into the economy and mop them out again within sixty days. The CBN Governor ought to have been sacked for this mumbo jumbo policy, though good intention but not well executed. Smh

Alaaye rest. Kworruption no dey tire you.
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by shimolv: 8:12am On Feb 16, 2023
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by fortunejum: 8:12am On Feb 16, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
Yes. I watched it(somebody had to do it). In effect, old 500 naira and 1000 naira remain illegal tenders. Old 200 naira notes will be pushed back into circulation until April 10th.

I used to doubt that politics was behind this currency redesign. The president this morning, cleared that doubt. He actually is doing this to prevent politicians from buying votes. No politician has bundles of 200 naira notes stored up. They certainly didn't see this coming.

Sadly though, it appears he is not willing to respect any judgement of the supreme court concerning this matter.
....that is it.
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Acesexcell(m): 8:15am On Feb 16, 2023
Bodmum:
for the first time, God bless president Buhari.
yesooo, for the first time throughout his two term as a Nigerian president, this is the only thing Buhari did that I love him.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Calls Fayose A Mad Dog; Nigerians On Twitter React / Patience Jonathan's Alleged Campaign Speech At PDP Rally In Rivers / Metuh Speaks About His Ordeal In The Hands Of EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.