Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,488 members, 7,836,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address (56037 Views)

Video Of Buhari's National Address On Sunday / Watch President Buhari's National Address Live / 2019: Tinubu Declines To Lead Buhari’s National Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Geopex(m): 8:30am On Feb 16, 2023
Hessem:

This one pain u. Hahahah
Tell Tinubu and Atiku to bring out the 1000 & 500 old note they kept.

They should return it for news note hahahhahahahahahaaag.
Thieves

Money they almost returned to the bank.
2.1 trillion out of 2.7 trillion already returned to the bank. Do u think those people are not with millions of new notes now? Most of them also keep hard currencies like dollar, bcuz of flexibility in exchange rate of naira to dollar. People like atiku and Tinubu have less or nothing to lose. Masses are the one feeling the pain, losing businesses are facing hardship.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by lexy2014: 8:30am On Feb 16, 2023
eleniyan2020:
Obj did nothing for Nigeria... One of most useless democracy president!

Am sure buhari is better than him, right?

What has buhari done for nigeria?
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by AngelicBeing: 8:32am On Feb 16, 2023
sad
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by eleniyan2020: 8:33am On Feb 16, 2023
lexy2014:

Am sure is better than him, right?

What has buhari done for nigeria?
is not better!
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by happney65: 8:33am On Feb 16, 2023
Muyiwabiggy:

This statement is just stupid! Plain stupid! Drugs? Ọmọ people especially youths are very stupid sha. So u actually believe Tinubu and the rest of these political bigwigs don't already have the new notes stored for this election?. Buhari is the King of all fools. But only a wicked nation deserves a wicked leader

If they do,they will not be taking the government to court and begging for extension. That is the fact.

When others no affect them,them no vex, but this one wey affect them,them dey vex. That is to show you how much it has affected them

That is the truth. You can keep on arguing

4 Likes

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Creamypie(m): 8:34am On Feb 16, 2023
eleniyan2020:
Obj did nothing for Nigeria... One of most useless democracy president!
massive expansion of telecommunications, banking, manufacturing/foreign investments, resulting in very very massive employment
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by jamiusegun(m): 8:36am On Feb 16, 2023
Very interesting, Mr President I salute you three gbose for our able president gbosa! gbosa!! gbosa!!!.
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Okwyjesus(m): 8:36am On Feb 16, 2023

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by BeauBragnar11: 8:39am On Feb 16, 2023
Madups:
So for like 4 hours yesterday, na kneel down tinubu kneel down dey de beg buhari? Walahi this life nor balance.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Gabbriell: 8:39am On Feb 16, 2023
dat9jaguy:

Oga the word authorized and directed are different words. Authorized means it was brought to him for authorization while you direct someone from your own initiative.

Accepted.

Authorized means he has given the go ahead. That is the CBN has the full backing of the president on this matter.
This is reason why the didn't bother with the Court decision. If not why would CBN Governor alone disobey Supreme Court?

My point is that if you want to blame, blame the real person that gave the permission (Buhari) not the messanger (CBN Governor).

Buhari never said it was the CBN Governor idea alone or joint decision.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 16, 2023
iamme1234:

Kuku kill am naa
He never try
Kuku kill am naa
Bro this man no try na
This hardship and confusion should have been avoided with proper regulations on new naira policy
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Walezy2020: 8:40am On Feb 16, 2023
Buhari should go & sitdown with his nonscesical steps to cause hardship for Nigerians the Politicians that you targeted had already crossed the bridge that is why the masses can have access to new notes,I heard from someone don't know how true it is that politicians had deviced a means of sharing money to those that will vote for them through scratch cards after loading the money will be credited into ones account......hmmmm meaning they too had gone cashless in distributing money to voters to vote for them.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by absoluteSuccess: 8:41am On Feb 16, 2023
God bless the president of the federal republic of Nigeria and it's great people.

We're marching forward.

We should have good account of the money in circulation with the central bank.

People should not hoard the currency for any reason whatsoever, that's sensible.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by soil4soil(m): 8:41am On Feb 16, 2023
MaliCampus:
Lols. At this Point,Asiwaju Bola Tinubu should do the right thing and Step down for Peter Gregory Obi.
I Hope Urchins will leave Emefiele Alone now, and face General Buhari

Do you know that this happened as a result of the meeting between Tinubu and Buhari held on Wednesday morning before the FEC meeting.

Tinubu is the only general in Nigeria politician
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Walezy2020: 8:42am On Feb 16, 2023
Geopex:

Money they almost returned to the bank.
2.1 trillion out of 2.7 trillion already returned to the bank. Do u think those people are not with millions of new notes now? Most of them also keep hard currencies like dollar, bcuz of flexibility in exchange rate of naira to dollar. People like atiku and Tinubu have less or nothing to lose. Masses are the one feeling the pain, losing businesses are facing hardship.
honestly the masses are the ones suffering
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by lexy2014: 8:43am On Feb 16, 2023
happney65:

If they do,they will not be taking the government to court and begging for extension. That is the fact.

When others no affect them,them no vex, but this one wey affect them,them dey vex. That is to show you how much it has affected them

That is the truth. You can keep on arguing

According to buhari, out of the 2.7tr, 2.1tr has been returned. If that is the case, how have the politicians been affected?
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Bennycollins: 8:43am On Feb 16, 2023
For the first time Buhari is sounding like a president- Sensible, reassuring and convincing.
But sadly this is coming after 8yrs. Perhaps if this policy came up 4/5 yrs ago, we would have been better off by now.

Let's vote wisely for the next president.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by lexy2014: 8:45am On Feb 16, 2023
soil4soil:

Do you know that this happened as a result of the meeting between Tinubu and Buhari held on Wednesday morning before the FEC meeting.

Tinubu is the only general in Nigeria politician

General in what way?

What happened as a result of the meeting between Tinubu and Buhari held on Wednesday morning before the FEC meeting?
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by BeauBragnar11: 8:45am On Feb 16, 2023
lexy2014:

According to buhari, out of the 2.7tr, 2.1tr has been returned. If that is the case, how have the politicians been affected?
You still dey cry till now?? grin grin

This one touch you ooooo grin grin
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by lonecatt(m): 8:45am On Feb 16, 2023
lexy2014:

Is this about looters or the welfare of nigerians? Which looters are you referring to?
welfare of Nigerians that have been affected by the activities of political looters and thieves
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by NorthernSerene(m): 8:46am On Feb 16, 2023
azadus18:
I'm not rich but yesterday I donated my iPhone, watch and wallet to a homeless guy. You can't imagine the happiness that I felt as I saw him putting the knife back in his pocket 😊🥰
And that's why we citizens are also responsible for making things work by showing love to one another in the sense of helping out the less previledges inrespective of religion and tribe.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by lexy2014: 8:46am On Feb 16, 2023
lonecatt:
welfare of Nigerians that have been affected by the activities of political looters and thieves

Is this about looters or the welfare of nigerians? Which looters are you referring to?
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Psoul(m): 8:47am On Feb 16, 2023
Idi Amin Gave Head of State Speech To Queen Elizabeth

Idi Amin’s speech
Idi Amin of Uganda (President’s SPEECH)
For those of us who English is not their first language, read on!!Here is a speech delivered by Idi Amin at a sumptuous luncheon hosted By Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain .

“My majesty Mr. Queen Sir, horrible ministers and members of parliament, invented Guests, ladies under gentlemen. I hereby thank you completely…..Mr. Queen, sir; and also what he has done for me and my fellow Uganda who come with me.
We have really eaten very much. And we are fed up completely:And also very thanks to you keenly open up from all windows: so that those plenty climates can come into lunch. But before I go back to my country with a plane from the Entebbe airport of London I wish to invitation you Mr. Queen, to become home to Uganda so that we can also revenge on you .

You will eat a full cow:and also feel up your stomach and walk with difficult because of full stomach completely. Even when you want to rest at night; I will make sure that you sleep on top of me in the top up stairs of my mansion completely so that you can enjoy all the gravity of fresh air.

“But now am sorry because I have to tell you that I have made a shortcall on you only. But next time I shall make a long call on you to last the whole moon completely. Thank you very much to allow me to UnCloth you completely before these extinguished ladies undergentlemen sir.

Lastly but not list, I ask the band to play our international anthem of the republic of Uganda and also the British international anthem..Your majesty sir, I thank you from the bottom of my heart and from thebottoms of all the people of Uganda .
With this few words I thank you Sir.
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by chymeze: 8:47am On Feb 16, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
Yes. I watched it(somebody had to do it). In effect, old 500 naira and 1000 naira remain illegal tenders. Old 200 naira notes will be pushed back into circulation until April 10th.

I used to doubt that politics was behind this currency redesign. The president this morning, cleared that doubt. He actually is doing this to prevent politicians from buying votes. No politician has bundles of 200 naira notes stored up. They certainly didn't see this coming.

Sadly though, it appears he is not willing to respect any judgement of the supreme court concerning this matter.
And you think these politicians can't easily get millions of the new naira notes if they want to? They even have easier access to these new notes than you the masses. You think Tinubu or state governors don't own some bank managers? You think they can't put a simple call to a bank manager to provide millions of the new notes at their homes while you suffer on the queue for days only to withdraw just 5k? If so called common celebrities could access millions of these new notes to spray at parties like we've seen, what makes you think someone like a state governors who deposit billions of naira of their state money in such banks wouldn't easily access it more? Or you think someone like Tinubu or Atiku can't put a call to his governor boys to provide the money? Truth is, most Nigerians are too stupid and gullible to believe this foolish policy will end vote buying. It will rather worsen it because these same politicians who easily have access to these new notes will now be able to easily sell these monies for the votes of impoverished masses who do not have easy access to the money
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by happney65: 8:49am On Feb 16, 2023
lexy2014:

If they are not affected so why are they complaining? Did they complain about others before? Why is this about this one particularly they are complaining and going to court for?

Why?
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Lightorder: 8:49am On Feb 16, 2023
Reinamaria:
If Buhari had always taken charge of and handled affairs this way (addressing the citizens when need be), things might not have been so hard.
exactly

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by lexy2014: 8:51am On Feb 16, 2023
happney65:

If they are not affected so why are they complaining? Did they complain about others before? Why is this about this one particularly they are complaining and going to court for?

Why?

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Ogonimilitant(m): 8:51am On Feb 16, 2023
Wsx2:

That will not stop Tinubu from winning the election because the same Buhari is an ingrate. Why didn’t he win election since almost a decade until Tinubu put him in power . Why now . Why biting fingers that fed him . Is he now that he knows Tinubu is corrupt and don’t want him in power, is he now that he knows their will be vote buying the same vote buying that brought Buhari to power by the same corrupt Tinubu. Just because he has served his own 8 years others can go to hell right. Hmmm Only a man who has performed while in power can tell the masses what to do with their vote .

I am from south west and mind you even most of us from south west don’t want Tinubu in power only few of Tinubu benefactors are making the whole noise everywhere and most of them are politicians whom he has helped , kingmakers, touts and their followers ! Same thing when obasanjo contested we never vote for him. we only want someone who is willing to make a significant difference by reducing poverty rate and make nigeria a better place for everyone.

Mind you the reason why I said Tinubu is winning the election is because of the percentage vote . A winner can only be declared if he or she wins 25% votes from 2/3 of the 36 states which means the percentage has to come from 24 states . Now name a candidate among the aspirants who can beat Tinubu. Peter obi can never win such percentage across those states because of north and south west . Also note that Majority of atiku’s vote is only coming from the north .
stop deceiving yourself. Your write up shows you are one of the urchins. You want a criminal to be our president? God forbid BATthing
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Truthisunique2: 8:58am On Feb 16, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
Yes. I watched it(somebody had to do it). In effect, old 500 naira and 1000 naira remain illegal tenders. Old 200 naira notes will be pushed back into circulation until April 10th.

I used to doubt that politics was behind this currency redesign. The president this morning, cleared that doubt. He actually is doing this to prevent politicians from buying votes. No politician has bundles of 200 naira notes stored up. They certainly didn't see this coming.

Sadly though, it appears he is not willing to respect any judgement of the supreme court concerning this matter.
the thing is that after the election 500, 1000 would be open till all notes run out of circulation

But which citizen would get mind to accept 500, 1000 old notes from politician when they don't have liver?

This move is purely for the election, and it is only targeted at tinubu, and specially designed to stop tinubu up north because that is where he would be buying 90% of his wishful votes

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by francotunsco: 8:58am On Feb 16, 2023
Ogonimilitant:
23.​I urge every citizen therefore, to go out to vote for their candidates of choice without fear, because security shall be provided and your vote shall count.

Buhari just dey follow Tinubu to campaign, just to fulfill all righteousness.

Tinubu Na Mugu. Any urchin or agbero that tries to do rubbish in Lagos would be neutralized.
Urchins be warned

Buhari has exonerated Emefiele. So If this APC criminals have balls, the should call out Buhari

You be mmu, so, you expect Buhari to turn a national broadcast as important as this to campaign literature for APC?
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by Lightorder: 8:58am On Feb 16, 2023
Dogalmighty17:

Sanwolu is busy talking tough in Lagos whereas under his nose , high court has been rejecting the old note , registrar in Lagos still rejects same old note. Lagos state governor is only interested in tricking people to accept stolen old notes they intend to use to buy vote and leave the people in the cold with the old notes when the election is over
Re: Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address by biggtonny: 8:59am On Feb 16, 2023
Thank you Mr. President!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY / Picture Of Gov Okorocha Demanding The Release Of Voters Held Illegally / Aisha Buhari Calls Fayose A Mad Dog; Nigerians On Twitter React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.