Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy (33943 Views)

Buhari: CBN Working To Prevent Chaos Over Distribution Of New Naira Notes / Senate Broke Into Chaos Over EFCC Nominees As Saraki Calls For Order / Governor Wike Storms Mile 1 Market. See What He Did (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by DennisEche(m): 11:30am On Feb 17, 2023
PMB is a chess master. With all this hate by the citizens tell me how people will vote APC. End of Tinubu
Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 17, 2023
El rufia and his crew ..see the result of your inciting comments
Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by Dtruthspeaker: 11:31am On Feb 17, 2023
princeade86:
Tinubu strong state dey protest. Buhari wey get ear problem. Lol. Shebi all of una dey support this evil government abi? Where is MannaBBQ. If u destroy our property, we will cancel election and declare state of emergency in any states violence dey. U go get brain by fire by force.

No one can endure hunger, let king Buhari give them THEIR MONEY and see if things would not return to normal.

3 Likes

Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by OpinionCounts(m): 11:31am On Feb 17, 2023
kingbee90:
Wike should not set this state on fire because of his selfish interest oh!
Anyway, na Obio-akpor him local government na em go dey affected

Most successful businesses in Rivers state are situated in obio-akpor, and they are not all owned by people of obio-akpor alone.
Rivers people will suffer huge financial loss if obio-akpor is destroyed, not just obio-akpor LGA alone.

1 Like

Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by marksleek2584(m): 11:31am On Feb 17, 2023
This will sound controversial.... but this burning, looting, and destroying of properties doesn't help us as a people. Yes, I am hungry as well. The transfer issue has caused me plenty of wahala this morning. People don't want to believe the receipts from bank apps anymore, but it's the only means of getting transactions done. I had to wait for more than an hour for debit alerts on my phone and show it before traders believed my transfers. But still, Mayhem won't solve anything.
Let's be patient and channel this frustration on the 25th by voting people who will start the journey to our new dawn.
People please stay safe.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by erospecial: 11:31am On Feb 17, 2023
Wike sponsored Mayhew!!!
Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by seaenergy: 11:32am On Feb 17, 2023
IamBoysonic:
The Diobu region and mile 1 in Portharcourt city currently in chaos over the naira swap policy
Banks are being destroyed and set on fire, people are out on the roads protesting.
Residents living in that region have been advised to stay indoors due to gun shots being heard

Nigeria what way?

You mean all this people has money in the bank? some don't even know why they are there

2 Likes

Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by princeade86(m): 11:32am On Feb 17, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

No one can endure hunger.
but u can endure sufferness
Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by Stevedison(m): 11:32am On Feb 17, 2023
forgiveness:
Is this what the government desires? To instigate riot to the point of declaring state of emergency in order to imposing an interim government on us?

Election is just in 8 days time. People should please endure until the end of election. Thanks.

What exactly do you want us to endure? Just this morning I have been to over 8 banks in Yenagoa but there is no cash to withdraw. They claim they don't have cash at all. No POS shop has cash either.
The only pos that had little cash is charging 40% for every 1k. So if you are withdrawing 10k you have to pay 4k.

How can somebody eat. There is nothing to endure here. You expect them to endure till after 8 days whithout food when they have money in their accounts but due to the policy they can't withdraw even ordinary 2k in a day.

We are not supporting riot but these people are angry

5 Likes

Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by BATified2023: 11:33am On Feb 17, 2023
MorataFC:
Insurance company will pay for damages over national unrest?
it’s like u don’t know insurance covers banks n they are been destroyed so insurance will pay for all those destruction coupled with other insured businesses

1 Like

Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by Curious345: 11:33am On Feb 17, 2023
Anywhere tinubu enter.. Protest will visit...

Wike was among the governors placed on Efcc watch list for stashing billions in cash in his Abuja mansion
Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by Angelfrost(m): 11:33am On Feb 17, 2023
Keep destroying the banks...!

They are owned by Buhari and Emefiele!

Useless citizens!

After burning the banks, where will you now get cash from?!! Even when this whole mess clears up, will those destroyed banks open overnight??!

How do you stop suffering by creating more sufferings?!!

That was how most of you killed a lot of security agents, only to start complaining about increase in crimes later on!

Stupid and dumb Negroes!
Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by wallezee: 11:34am On Feb 17, 2023
KingKO22:
I respect Pastor Adeboye

Election is not going to hold as he claimed that God has never shown him that election will hold

Cabal want to install interim govt that will cover up all their atrocities and using a stooge like Emefiele to achieve their aim
If you believe those people truly hear from God, then you are deluded. Why him no see Covid before e come?

1 Like

Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by omobemi: 11:34am On Feb 17, 2023
Thats benin in the second and third picture,stop spreading fake newz

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by Dtruthspeaker: 11:34am On Feb 17, 2023
princeade86:
but u can endure sufferness

But not hunger. No one can endure hunger.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by Alliswell248: 11:35am On Feb 17, 2023
Officialgarri:
Many people sit here with their cheap data to explain how a common street guy should feel about his money or how his revolt against the Naira redesign is sponsored. Such stupidity! Do you think every common man knows what internet transaction is? People who are even yet to understand how an ATM works except the security men at the banks help them. Days ago I saw an old man crying profusely because he couldn't get money to buy drugs and someone will come on social media with a useless narrative that they are sponsored when they get angry . Don't worry, your fathers will soon appear naked in the bank screaming for his money .

Don't mind them
Someone is still feeding them

I don't have 100 naira cash on me....this has never happened in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by Jembewon2020: 11:35am On Feb 17, 2023
Officialgarri:
Many people sit here with their cheap data to explain how a common street guy should feel about his money or how his revolt against the Naira redesign is sponsored. Such stupidity! Do you think every common man knows what internet transaction is? People who are even yet to understand how an ATM works except the security men at the banks help them. Days ago I saw an old man crying profusely because he couldn't get money to buy drugs and someone will come on social media with a useless narrative that they are sponsored when they get angry . Don't worry, your fathers will soon appear naked in the bank screaming for his money .
I sight Tunubu boy trying hard to tell us reason old 500 &1000 noted should still be legal tender. But ,you know What? una go wail tired, because policy of naira redesign has come to stay.
Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by highchief1: 11:35am On Feb 17, 2023
IamBoysonic:
The Diobu region and mile 1 in Portharcourt city currently in chaos over the naira swap policy
Banks are being destroyed and set on fire, people are out on the roads protesting.
Residents living in that region have been advised to stay indoors due to gun shots being heard

Nigeria what way?
by Tuesday or Wednesday inec will make a broadcast that they can’t conduct elections because of insecurity.Nobody will conduct election under such circumstances

4 Likes

Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by kinzd(m): 11:36am On Feb 17, 2023
Avenue to steal what

Sabadon:
cry

Most people destroying banks and public properties don't even have money in such banks,just a "CHAOTIC" avenue to steal.
Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by NothingDoMe: 11:36am On Feb 17, 2023
Sabadon:
cry

Most people destroying banks and public properties don't even have money in such banks,just a "CHAOTIC" avenue to steal.
No cash to steal 😅

1 Like

Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by robosky02(m): 11:36am On Feb 17, 2023
Ok
Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by EngrKemp: 11:36am On Feb 17, 2023
Ruggedniggaone:
Instead of thieffnubu to take over let military kuku take over.Tinubu and his bandits supporters are the one behind all these protest all over the country elrufai and Gandollar should be arrested because they are the one Tinubu is using to set country on fire because of their selfish interests
Keep shut with ur military take over.

2 Likes

Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by Alliswell248: 11:36am On Feb 17, 2023
wallezee:
If you believe those people truly hear from God, then you are deluded. Why him no see Covid before e come?

Yes....I believe
Because I too hears from God...He is a living God who speaks , hear and does wondrous things.
Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by erospecial: 11:37am On Feb 17, 2023
onyxo76:
bro , i was in that service o, Adeboye said that he doesn't know if the election will hold or not, as God has been silent on it . We pray for a favorable outcome as things are going out of control already.
Adegboye and Osinbajo and Oluremi are all RCCG and all APC!

1 Like

Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by JoshTim: 11:37am On Feb 17, 2023
forgiveness:
Is this what the government desires? To instigate riot to the point of declaring state of emergency in order to imposing an interim government on us?

Election is just in 8 days time. People should please endure until the end of election. Thanks.

When you started your write up you made sense but reading to the end, it's obvious you no get sense. How do you expect people to endure this? You get sense so?

3 Likes

Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by simplesearch: 11:37am On Feb 17, 2023
is now a confused entity who at this juncture will be unable to clearly tell on whose side to stand in support as regards this redesigned naira note saga, wether on the side of his darling daddy or Tinubu!
Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by onuman: 11:38am On Feb 17, 2023
Disguised Protest against Buhari's stance in not allowing politicians buy the next election with stored cash.
APC now extends its protest to Rivers state.
Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by knowhowk: 11:38am On Feb 17, 2023
unclejb2:
Money politicians causing trouble everywhere.

If you are popular, you wouldn't be bothered about your inability to induce voters with cash.

Vote buying in the mud.
I wonder ooooo.
Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by AkumTemi: 11:38am On Feb 17, 2023
IamBoysonic:

Nigeria what way?

Hired protesters, keep wasting your time.
Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by kingyakos: 11:38am On Feb 17, 2023
IamBoysonic:

Nigeria what way?

Oga this your pictures na Delta no be Rivers
Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by MrCuteking(m): 11:39am On Feb 17, 2023
Nobody is seeing it that Buhari is actually doing this to cause chaos in the country so as to remain president of Nigeria. This type of mayhem could lead to postponement of the election. That wicked man wants to remain president for one more year.

3 Likes

Re: Violence In Rivers: Diobu, Mile 1 In Chaos Over Naira Redesign Policy by onyxo76(m): 11:39am On Feb 17, 2023
erospecial:

Adegboye and Osinbajo and Oluremi are all RCCG and all APC!
osinbajo and oluremi are APC but i don't know if Adeboye dey there o, nothing concern me with that one o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos From President Jonathan's Meeting With Parents Of Abducted Chibok Girls / Junaid Mohammed: IPOB Will Pay With Their Blood If They Attempt Attack On Buhari / Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.