Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share (13343 Views)

Have You Encountered Such? How Did You Handle It? / How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? / Npower: Shortlisted Candidates Please Share Your State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Fragility6: 2:01pm On Feb 21, 2023
You married a sensible wife.

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Asour: 2:01pm On Feb 21, 2023
Hendrixky:
Hmmmm

It is not easy

Reason people smoke and drink alot
Or womanize

The truth is all these things helps at times

No matter how we try to see them as bad habits

So in effect you're endorsing escapism through unhealthy vices?

Why can't we chin up & take the rejections knowing that Life isn't a bed of Roses?
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Staywithbina: 2:03pm On Feb 21, 2023
[quote author=SMJay post=121088225][/quote]
Rejections,been rejected in relationships,by family ,friends ,by life itself,hahahah what beats me is how am able to scale all this through and yet still u won't even see me look what I have been through , just want to use this space to appreciate everyone who has been there for me one way or the other ,the battle is not yet finished till its finished ...see ya'll at the top ,man is never gonna be distracted no matter what

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by chatinent: 2:06pm On Feb 21, 2023
My God never reject me sha

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by backtovillage: 2:06pm On Feb 21, 2023
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by sofeo(m): 2:07pm On Feb 21, 2023
Alright

Check my signature
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by PDJT: 2:07pm On Feb 21, 2023
-Well, at the end of my interview that year, the interviewer informed me that the company would be contacting me within 3 working days. Mind you, the interview was on a Friday, so I had to wait for 5 days, including the weekend.

-So after the 5th day, when neither the company's HR nor anyone from the company made contact, I literally punched πŸ‘ŠπŸ½ the air!

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Prettychild(f): 2:08pm On Feb 21, 2023
Hendrixky:
Hmmmm

It is not easy

Or womanize

Escapism is the key at times
Even artiste for it alot
Without those vices you can't do some things in life

Yeah you called them unhealthy vices but they are really not unhealthy except you abuse it
It doesn’t cos after all the bad habits, the problem still stirs one in the face and if you are unlucky, those bad habits can come with permanent illness and regrets

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by atdscentofwater: 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2023
Self love, ve learnt to love myself & keep in my d person u looking up to 4 love might not even know what love is.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Hendrixky: 2:10pm On Feb 21, 2023
Prettychild:

It doesn’t cos after all the bad habits, the problem still stirs one in the face and if you are unlucky, those bad habits can come with permanent illness and regrets

Time they say heals our wound right

Those vices help us to buy time
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Skillsnigeria: 2:10pm On Feb 21, 2023
Hmmm, job seekers don suffer for this Nigeria
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Prettychild(f): 2:13pm On Feb 21, 2023
Hendrixky:

Time they say heals our wound right

Those vices help us to buy time
It doesn’t help one to buy any time, it rather shortens productive time
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by fredoooooo: 2:13pm On Feb 21, 2023
Hendrixky:
Hmmmm

It is not easy

Or womanize

Even artiste do it alot

Yeah you called them unhealthy vices but they are really not unhealthy except you abuse it
There's a thin line between use and addiction, when it comes to caffeine, drug and alcohol .
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Hendrixky: 2:16pm On Feb 21, 2023
Prettychild:

It doesn’t help one to buy any time, it rather shortens productive time

Anyway you are not a male
So you are not in a position to know what am saying

Take for example something bad happens to me

The pain can be make less if you are a smoker or you can drink
And if a woman is beside you
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by MrHighSea: 2:20pm On Feb 21, 2023
chai

FAAN interview 2014 at a paramilitary training camp, Udi, Enugu.

I was travelling from PH to Calabar. Before getting to Uyo by 4pm, I received an email for interview/physicals for FAAN's Aerodrome Fire Officer position. I'm to come along with Medic certificate the next day. I was in the middle of both destinations.

No enough cash, never been to Enugu, it's late, had no idea FG job is possible without plugs. I was contemplating. Until I realised, it might be part of the job. I phoned Mum to arrange money and email me my med cert from family physician. I headed for Aba, long story short, got to 4-corners by 12:20am.

Lodged in an hotel with a door with bad locks, shared a bath with several other rooms. I sat on the floor and was reading and tryna get alert. Place looked so unsave.

Got to venue next day, aced the physicals (I got loud accolades and the paramilitary were so impressed), aced the oral too. I was told I applied for level 7 but my papers qualifies me for level 8 and I should be expecting level 8. Happiness full my belle.

Within a month, Email came that I did welln the interview but applied for the wrong level, No appointment. I was devastated.

Physicals: sit up, press up, 5-mile marathon. Interview was so organised. I still cherish the experience, risk and knowledge acquired everyone that supported me.

5 Likes

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Asour: 2:26pm On Feb 21, 2023
Hendrixky:
Hmmmm

It is not easy

Or womanize

Even artiste do it alot

So why are all Artistes who have smoked excessively/Still smoking not 'blowing'?

Huge Afro used to be associated with lecturers who are Professors, but you don't become a Professor by adorning an Afro.

May God help us.
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Staywithbina: 2:27pm On Feb 21, 2023
Hendrixky:

Omo thanks to alcohol ,ciga ,Igbo, what ever thing any one does to relax their nerves ,for some ,it's picking the Bible and reading it
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Martinsovih(m): 2:32pm On Feb 21, 2023
I remembered in 2008, I went for IT with one of the banks. everyone laughed at me when introduced myself to all staffs and my fellow IT students because of the school I attended as it was then TERMED A GLORIFIED SECONDARY SCHOOL. Like the saying goes, he who laughs last laughs best. I told myself that day that I was going to prove them wrong. I was the youngest, smallest, & was also the last IT intern in the branch as at then. Three months later, we were asked to write an internal test by the management. the questions were same for everybody( IT students & staffs). lo and behold, I was in the TOP 10. In other not to embarrass others, the result were not made public until the day i was leaving to join another bank as a staff. All my fellow IT interns also applied to join the bank I was joining then but it was only me that scale through after the aptitude test and interviews. it was when I gave my farewell speech that the manager read out the result of the test and reminded them of how they laughed at me when I joined then months ago. I left amused while I smiled telling them goodbye.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by maasoap(m): 2:35pm On Feb 21, 2023
Zee0007:
Mine happened of lately in school. Due to the naira scarcity I begged this koisk at the other lane of my lounge to help me with cabin biscuits and Garri to sustain myself while I make my last transfer of 1k for her.

This woman rejected. She said I must add another 400naira for her to withdraw. I nearly died.

This morning while I was going to the campus, the way I looked at her is still a mystery.

To be a student is not easy. Useless Access bank still had the effontry to withdraw charges for me this afternoon.

I have never be frustrated like yesterday and today.

God send me helper. I no get shishi for hand. My helper, I want die for here....😟😟😟😟😟😟😟

Sorry. Hope you are not a supporter of this useless cash confiscation policy?
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Streetmovement(m): 2:38pm On Feb 21, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

To be rejected is to be accepted cool

Nigeria 2023 cool
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Ayodele951(m): 2:38pm On Feb 21, 2023
My email just full with unfortunately embarassed. But we move. That one can't hold me down.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by phemmylink(m): 2:39pm On Feb 21, 2023
I applied for VISA, I was rejected due to banks negligence to respond to email from the embassy. The matter is still in court, I will keep the house abreast about proceedings.

4 Likes

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Prettychild(f): 2:41pm On Feb 21, 2023
Hendrixky:

lol! I have males around me na
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Zee0007: 2:41pm On Feb 21, 2023
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Munzy14(m): 2:42pm On Feb 21, 2023
DesChyko:
We've come a long way.

It was during my project defence in final year. My supervisor then was always in UNN, I was schooling at ASUTECH renamed ANSU (now COOU).

You know the normal if you write table of content, bring for approval or disapproval; if you write literature review, bring for approval or disapproval; That was how a Lagos-bred young man from Imo whose parents sent to school in Anambra was just flying up and down and spending excess time in Enugu state on top Project matter.

The date was near, this woman kept dutifully rejecting my work upandan, I kept rewriting and re-presenting; sometimes successful, sometimes I will be sent back to drawing board. 2 days to the Monday and Tuesday we will defend (I will defend on Tuesday) and she was still analysing. That's how I took a chance and started typing my work. Even on the day of the defence, I was still typing. My topic was 'Applications of Complex Analysis'. Diagrams and equations took a lot of time even though the other parts were ready.

My friend came with his bike to pick me to the venue, when the last person before me was on the podium. I packed my unfinished work, manuscript and everything; clad in my suit I borrowed from a heftier friend at IMSU then, and zoomed off to the room. I had not even stepped in when the supervisor screamed "I did not approve this work o". Like WTF!!

I couldn't believe my ears. Was her intention to make me lag behind while others moved on? I approached the panel and explained to them when I started and why I got delayed. They told me to go back to my supervisor. I went back to her, she wouldn't have it. I started pleading. All of this was happening with everyone watching. I was almost losing it; until hope came through with the voice of the HOD who asked if I was confident in what I did. I replied him that every page in this booklet was prepared by me and I don't even need to look at it to remember and he override the supervisor and asked that I present my work then. And present my work, I did.

I think I put on a hell of a show but I remembered clearly, the closing remark by one of the lecturers on the audience. He said "I've listened to all defences from yesterday till today but this is the first work I can actually agree that the student did a thorough job. Well done". The applause and chants of my nickname that followed left me grinning from ear to ear. Needless to say, I was asked to tidy up my work and submit for stamping as a formality, but there is no doubt about the grade on the work.
God shamed the supervisor..Very lazy and wicked people we have in Academic settings.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by enonche85(m): 3:01pm On Feb 21, 2023
DesChyko:
We've come a long way.

It was during my project defence in final year. My supervisor then was always in UNN, I was schooling at ASUTECH renamed ANSU (now COOU).

You know the normal if you write table of content, bring for approval or disapproval; if you write literature review, bring for approval or disapproval; That was how a Lagos-bred young man from Imo whose parents sent to school in Anambra was just flying up and down and spending excess time in Enugu state on top Project matter.

The date was near, this woman kept dutifully rejecting my work upandan, I kept rewriting and re-presenting; sometimes successful, sometimes I will be sent back to drawing board. 2 days to the Monday and Tuesday we will defend (I will defend on Tuesday) and she was still analysing. That's how I took a chance and started typing my work. Even on the day of the defence, I was still typing. My topic was 'Applications of Complex Analysis'. Diagrams and equations took a lot of time even though the other parts were ready.

My friend came with his bike to pick me to the venue, when the last person before me was on the podium. I packed my unfinished work, manuscript and everything; clad in my suit I borrowed from a heftier friend at IMSU then, and zoomed off to the room. I had not even stepped in when the supervisor screamed "I did not approve this work o". Like WTF!!

I couldn't believe my ears. Was her intention to make me lag behind while others moved on? I approached the panel and explained to them when I started and why I got delayed. They told me to go back to my supervisor. I went back to her, she wouldn't have it. I started pleading. All of this was happening with everyone watching. I was almost losing it; until hope came through with the voice of the HOD who asked if I was confident in what I did. I replied him that every page in this booklet was prepared by me and I don't even need to look at it to remember and he override the supervisor and asked that I present my work then. And present my work, I did.

I think I put on a hell of a show but I remembered clearly, the closing remark by one of the lecturers on the audience. He said "I've listened to all defences from yesterday till today but this is the first work I can actually agree that the student did a thorough job. Well done". The applause and chants of my nickname that followed left me grinning from ear to ear. Needless to say, I was asked to tidy up my work and submit for stamping as a formality, but there is no doubt about the grade on the work.

Nice, what was the reaction of your wicked supervisor?. grin
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by EmmyDJourno: 3:03pm On Feb 21, 2023
I toast a lot, I get rejected a lotπŸ˜…
It’s all part of the game yunnoπŸ˜™
Only women take rejection like a knife in the chest, they never get to play the game as often as men do to know rejection is all part of the Sport😌

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by icedbreez(m): 3:03pm On Feb 21, 2023
Nawteemaxie:
Hmm. I scaled the aptitude test with flying colors, and was invited for the interview. Position was an assistant lecturer at COE, Ekiadolor, Edo State. We were quite a handful who made it for the interview stage. The requirement for the position stated either B.SC or B.Ed, so with my 2.1 B.SC I felt good to go. Prepared every way 'preparable' and hit the road that morning.

Got to my turn for the interview and I went in to face the panel of 5. First question while perusing my documents was "Why don't you have an education qualification? How then will you know the basics of teaching?"

I wasn't even allowed to say a word in defense, before I was told to step out of the room. While leaving, I sighted one of the panelists write boldly beside my name "NOT QUALIFIED!" I felt very bad cause I had high hopes for that position, and believed I would have done well if given the opportunity. Coupled with the fact that I travelled all the way from Abuja to Benin the day before for the interview.

Na wa, why shortlist you if they know you don't have "education qualifications" in your CV?
I can relate with the stress you must have gone through

It is well tho. I've moved on!
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by lakesider2006(m): 3:12pm On Feb 21, 2023
Zee0007:
Mine happened of lately in school. Due to the naira scarcity I begged this koisk at the other lane of my lounge to help me with cabin biscuits and Garri to sustain myself while I make my last transfer of 1k for her.

This woman rejected. She said I must add another 400naira for her to withdraw. I nearly died.

This morning while I was going to the campus, the way I looked at her is still a mystery.

To be a student is not easy. Useless Access bank still had the effontry to withdraw charges for me this afternoon.

I have never be frustrated like yesterday and today.

God send me helper. I no get shishi for hand. My helper, I want die for here....😟😟😟😟😟😟😟
eyah sorry but u still get strength to type this?
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Zee0007: 3:15pm On Feb 21, 2023
lakesider2006:
eyah sorry but u still get strength to type this?

How man go do my brother. I dey frustrated here.
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 21, 2023
Pastorjohn2:
The kind of none sense the mods forward to FP these days shocks me

Are you sons and daughters of Satan not ashamed?
Pre martial sex is a sin
Your children will burn in hell and suffer for your sinful ways.

Give your life to Christ now!!!!!

You judge the thread because of the caption. What type of lazy christian are you? Some of you will go to hell because of the sin of assumption.
Re: What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share by DesChyko: 3:38pm On Feb 21, 2023
enonche85:

Nice, what was the reaction of your wicked supervisor?. grin

Lol. Somebody that disappeared in the scheme of things. I didn't even remember she existed again as I never had to deal with her again nah. Just finished my work; submitted to the HOD and that was it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is BOI Recruiting At The Moment?? / Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider / Bow Tie To An Interview? Please I Need Your Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.