Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

No Finance, No Romance! - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / No Finance, No Romance! (11252 Views)

No Romance Without Finance? / No Finance,no Romance...how True? / No MONEY, No ROMANCE ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Finance, No Romance! by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 8:48am On Sep 07, 2007

I'm greatful that I've never developed the attitude of "NO Finance, NO Romance". This is setting a high expectation at the expense of one's happiness in the long run, unless they dont care if they just settle for less in the finer things in life. Just because someone has alot of money, doesn't mean you will be happy as an ending result. It may very well be possible, if you land a man/woman with money who are in your social circle, same wavelength, and compatibility level, however I find that if we just look beyond this mentality long enough to search out what really makes us happy, its that ONE gentleman who the money hungry women overlook,, is the diamond in the rough, to prove himself to be prize that I will lay my eyes on ,

For me, its all about his relationship with God, his potential TO make money and the woman's support in helping him along the way. Friendship first, satisfy what your heart desires, give the guy with potential a chance, and in the right timing, money will follow. Its all about personal perspectives ,

love & light,

Re: No Finance, No Romance! by na2day2(m): 9:24am On Sep 07, 2007
sista, tell me that is not ur true age because i want to marry u asap ! u seem to be the one of the very few ladies here that has head oooooo. God will bless u plenty for this post.

SwtNsoFLyy:

I'm greatful that I've never developed the attitude of "NO Finance, NO Romance". This is setting a high expectation at the expense of one's happiness in the long run, unless they don't care if they just settle for less in the finer things in life. Just because someone has alot of money, doesn't mean you will be happy as an ending result. It may very well be possible, if you land a man/woman with money who are in your social circle, same wavelength, and compatibility level, however I find that if we just look beyond this mentality long enough to search out what really makes us happy, its that ONE gentleman who the money hungry women overlook,, is the diamond in the rough, to prove himself to be prize that I will lay my eyes on ,

For me, its all about his relationship with God, his potential TO make money and the woman's support in helping him along the way. Friendship first, satisfy what your heart desires, give the guy with potential a chance, and in the right timing, money will follow. Its all about personal perspectives ,

love & light,

Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 07, 2007
SwtNsoFLyy:

I'm greatful that I've never developed the attitude of "NO Finance, NO Romance". This is setting a high expectation at the expense of one's happiness in the long run, unless they don't care if they just settle for less in the finer things in life. Just because someone has alot of money, doesn't mean you will be happy as an ending result. It may very well be possible, if you land a man/woman with money who are in your social circle, same wavelength, and compatibility level, however I find that if we just look beyond this mentality long enough to search out what really makes us happy, its that ONE gentleman who the money hungry women overlook,, is the diamond in the rough, to prove himself to be prize that I will lay my eyes on ,

love & light,

At least, someone's got the right attitude!
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by jkpretty(f): 9:51am On Sep 07, 2007
I've been reading all along & haven't made no contribution till now.

I happen to be a very independent lady, so to speak, i don't derive any joy in asking, i'm determined to be strong & make my own money*which i've started in my own li'l way* Hope to be better though. The kind of upbringing i have brought up this decision. i see my mother as a role model, who is strong & a survivor.

I believe in a woman being strong on her own, If u are married to the so called rich guy & he dies tomorrow, what happens? May be d lady look for another rich man to hide her head

I believe there is respect gottn, that a lady is not prolly after a guy's money. But that does not rule out a fact that the guy shouldn't have his own money, he has to be financially ok, because that is for his own self esteem.because many guys prefer to be richer than their spouse.

@Sanmius talking about Gabrielle solis in despirate house wives, that character actually portrays the after effect of ladies after money which is unhappy lives.
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Shinatu: 10:02am On Sep 07, 2007
What some people do not understand is that even if you are not bothered about the physical cash to be gained from a relationship be it man/woman, the things we are attracted to e.g good manners, good accent/good spoken english, dress sense, composure, good education/potential most times cannot all  be obtained in Nigeria except your parents have money or comfortable at least.

When I meet guys who say they do not care about what a girl has, I ask them why they have not bothered to ask the beautiful&pleasant Tomato seller down the street out?

When I meet gals who say they do not care about material things I ask them why
thier handsome Auto mechanic is not a good option
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by waxyweller: 10:47am On Sep 07, 2007
@Gamine
I swear i have never been embarrassed and rejected the way U just did,i was only trying to chat and the first thing U did was to insult me , God have mercy
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by magneto(m): 11:17am On Sep 07, 2007
jkpretty:

I've been reading all along & haven't made no contribution till now.

I happen to be a very independent lady, so to speak, i don't derive any joy in asking, i'm determined to be strong & make my own money*which i've started in my own li'l way* Hope to be better though. The kind of upbringing i have brought up this decision. i see my mother as a role model, who is strong & a survivor.

I believe in a woman being strong on her own, If u are married to the so called rich guy & he dies tomorrow, what happens? May be d lady look for another rich man to hide her head

I believe there is respect gottn, that a lady is not prolly after a guy's money. But that does not rule out a fact that the guy shouldn't have his own money, he has to be financially ok, because that is for his own self esteem.because many guys prefer to be richer than their spouse.

@Sanmius talking about Gabrielle solis in despirate house wives, that character actually portrays the after effect of ladies after money which is unhappy lives.

why don't you let him worry about his self esteem . . . u think all guys give a hoot about who's richer? jeez!!
its the controlling attitude of these rich ladies which ur kinda exhibiting i must say that pisses guys off!
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by jkpretty(f): 11:46am On Sep 07, 2007
@ magneto i'm no rich lady, i aspire to be one

If don't understand my reply "re-read"
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by mconqueror(m): 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2007
uhmm ''i comment my reserve ooo"
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by na2day2(m): 4:34am On Sep 08, 2007
levels, that na solid pidgin wey i like. carry go
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
mconqueror:

uhmm ''i comment my reserve ooo"
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by dinipre(f): 11:40pm On Sep 08, 2007
well,well,well, i dnt c why ladies with  virtue would decide that her man MUST be reach b/4 she'd date him.
what if d men God don plan for you are broke ass niggers and hoping u'd be d one 2 change or add value
to their lives one way or d other,abi u go tell God say him dey make mistake?
the fact sey your man no make am nw no mean say im no go make am 2morrow,abi?
u might as well be his human saviour!! cheesy[color=#000099][/color]

Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Mystique(f): 1:43pm On Sep 10, 2007
Its a really simple equation. . .

If no money = no love,

then

Lots of Money = Lots of Love

QED kiss kiss
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by na2day2(m): 1:19am On Sep 11, 2007
ole

Mystique:

Its a really simple equation. . .

If no money = no love,

then

Lots of Money = Lots of Love

QED kiss kiss
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by narcissus(m): 9:05am On Sep 11, 2007
i totally support the "NO FINANCE, NO ROMANCE" principle. I will never ask a woman who has no finance of her own to marry me. I will never marry a cost centre or a liability. I don't usually go to church, but ths is my own confession. grin
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by A40(m): 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2007
@siena
Na you know o! that is the best line to answer all this gals

@jerodawiz
Thank you man if they are looking for someone's pockets to empty it definitely will not be ours
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by ojoagefu(f): 12:27pm On Sep 12, 2007
girlfriends,it is true that there is no romance without money but always remember that MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING.love ya all.
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by A40(m): 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2007
@jkpretty
Your kind is hard to find if only every other 9gerian girl could be like you.Now tell me how a dude wont respect an independent woman
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by edihospita: 5:50pm On Sep 12, 2007
This topic is very typical of the average nigerian lady. I believe it has to do with ladies from poor homes needing a man to take of them and their family, something their father failled to do. so i dont blame ladies that do it, but i have more respect for an independent lady.
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by A40(m): 3:38pm On Sep 13, 2007
You said it all o! but the rich chics could be guilty as well
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by na2day2(m): 3:46pm On Sep 13, 2007
they might be rich but laziness or poverty is still affecting their mind, thats why they look for rich men.

A-40:

You said it all o! but the rich chics could be guilty as well
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by tommyex(m): 8:21pm On Sep 13, 2007
JUST FEW MEN N WOMEN CAN DATE/MARRY 4 D VERY RIGHT REASONS

BECAUSE WEALTH IS EVEN ATTRACTIVE.WE MARRY ONLY PEOPLE DAT ATTRACT US.

OK I DARE ANY1 TO MARRY A VERY NEAT,CUTE MAD MAN,SOME OF D MAD MEN IN MY VILLA R SO CUTE,4REAL!
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by na2day2(m): 5:30am On Sep 14, 2007
ur villa must be the first
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by fatty27: 8:15am On Sep 14, 2007
Strange villa to say.
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Shinatu: 9:02am On Sep 14, 2007
@na2day,

They may be rich but not lazy, hard work and determination might have actually got them where they are
and they do not want to be dragged back.

Haven't you heard that 'money begets money'
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by dakmanzero(m): 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2007
The responses of the majority of naija women here have convinced me of one thing.

'They r all hoes'

To some extent or another, *almost*nevery woman in this dreadful country is a prostitute. It's just a question of when she takes the money (upfront or later, cash or kind (gifts, free transport, etc)), and whether or not shes smart enough to get you to sign an agreement to keep giving her money till the day you die (marriage)

this also goes for those in yankee. In fact over there its worse, as far as I have seen.

However,whenever I go to the UK or someone living there comes to visit, its always so striking how they are completely unimpressed they are by any display of wealth. It seems as if the mentality of women there is different. Yet another reason why it is most likely I will end up marrying someone who grew up in jand. The LovePeddler mentality is just irritating.

disclaimer: not all the women fall into thi category of course. but the vst majority do, so if ur one of the exceptions, sorry, statistics are against you
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by na2day2(m): 12:34am On Sep 15, 2007
bros i love ur disclaimer but it is so true abt nigerian gurls in yankee, dem dey fear me bad bad. i don already talk am, i rather marry akata instead of those 9ja babes for here wey get their heads in the clouds. at least if the akata misbehave i get excuse for that one say e no get culture but the nigerian girl wey wan kill u with request like say world wan end na different stori bi that one. i rather die in peace than let a nigerian gurl kill me in pieces.

dakmanzero:

The responses of the majority of naija women here have convinced me of one thing.

'They r all hoes'

To some extent or another, *almost*nevery woman in this dreadful country is a prostitute. It's just a question of when she takes the money (upfront or later, cash or kind (gifts, free transport, etc)), and whether or not shes smart enough to get you to sign an agreement to keep giving her money till the day you die (marriage)

this also goes for those in yankee. In fact over there its worse, as far as I have seen.

However,whenever I go to the UK or someone living there comes to visit, its always so striking how they are completely unimpressed they are by any display of wealth. It seems as if the mentality of women there is different. Yet another reason why it is most likely I will end up marrying someone who grew up in jand. The LovePeddler mentality is just irritating.

disclaimer: not all the women fall into thi category of course. but the vst majority do, so if your one of the exceptions, sorry, statistics are against you

Re: No Finance, No Romance! by giffyted(f): 5:39pm On Sep 16, 2007
Maybe i am still old school, but i really dont support the no finance no romance notion most women hold these days. Money sure makes life a whole lot easier, but it shouldnt be the basis or prerequisite for a relationship. you need to consider a whole lot of other factors before going into a relationship especially a really committed one. I have a belief that money doesnt really make you happy; its all about being content with what you have now and enjoying where you are on the way to where you are going. money cannot buy you love- it sure can buy you sex; you can spend all your money on a woman or a man but that doesnt get the person to love you. angry
we ladies should shift from the mentality of a man spending all his hard earned money because he wants a relationship wiith you. How will you feel if after you have forced him to spend his money on you; he wants to force you to sleep with him. shocked
Why dont you as a woman work hard to make your own money and plan towards a future together with that romantic partner of yours where you both put your resources together?,
infact i have written more than i intended 2 lipsrsealed embarassed grin
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by apache77(m): 11:40pm On Sep 16, 2007
NA2DAY, I DIDNT REALLY WANT TO REPLY U, BUT REALLY U R FULL OF SHIT, TOPIC IS- NO FINANCE, NO ROMANCE AND THERE U WENT AT A TANGENT TALKING ABOUT INDIA AND TV SETS. i THINK EMPLOYERS SHD DO SOMETHING ABOUT BROKE ASS NIGGERS LIKE U WHO KEEP POSTING NONSENSE ON WEBSITES FROM THEIR DESKS AT WORK WHEN U OUGHT TO BE EARNING UR STIPEND THAT CANNOT EVEN TAKE U HOME. WORD OF ADVICE- DONT THINK ANYBODY WHO SAYS MEN SHD MAKE MORE MONEY TO GET DEM CHICS IS AN ENEMY. U R THE TYPE WHO KEEP COMPLAINING ABOUT WOMEN LIKING MONEY, YOU COMPALIN AND COMPLAIN AND COMPLAIN WHILE THE LIKES OF THE OTEDOLAS, DANGOTES DONT EVEN NOTICE WOMEN LIKE MONEY, KNOW WHY? COS THEY GAT PLENTY, SO PEOPLE LIKE U HAVE A VICTIM MINDSET, U FEEL U  ARE VICTIMS OF THE SYSTEM, WOMEN SIMPLY DONT LOVE U GUY, AND THEY WONT EVEN IF U DIED AND CAME BACK, BECAUSE, U R REALLY THE POOR MAN U R ACCSSING SOMEONE ELSE OF BEING.
NEXT TIME DONT GO LECTURING ABOUT INDIAN PMS AND TV SETS WHEN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT ROMANCE AND FINANCES- U R SO SO BORINGAND OFF CUE. IF EVERYBODY WAS LIKE U ON HERE, NAIRALAND WOULD HAVE CLOSED DOWN SINCE. MY FINAL TAKE IS- AND WHETHER U LIKE IT OR NOT- THERE MUST BE MONEY FOR THERE TO BE ROMANCE. AM QUITE SURE U R THE STINGY TYPE WHO GIVEES HIS WOMAN NUTHING, LITTLE WONDER SHE'S SCREWING THE GUY DOWN UR STREET. GUYS LETS MAKE MORE MONEY MEN, AND LEAVE THE LIKES OF NA2DAY (HEAR HIS NAME SEF? U DONT HAVE TO MEET HIM TO KNOW THE TYPE OF PERSON HE IS) TO KEEP WHINING, MURMURRING AND COMPLAINING. WORD!!
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by babadee(m): 1:41am On Sep 17, 2007
Its simple really,
Its not only in romance that money counts, just check the number of calls you get from your friends askiong you where's the spot at when you got dough and when you aint.
money rules!!!
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by elewedu(m): 2:04pm On Sep 17, 2007
quite a no of guys want to have good looking chics as lovers ,but a lot of them dont know what good looks demand.

from the nice tops , to the jean , down to the cream and over to the cologne .whooo its not just a cake work.

my advice for the men , go for the girls that your finance can buy there romance, if you cant then piss offffff.

LIFE IS IN STAGES AND MEN ARE IN SIZES ,LIKE WISE ARE THIS CHICSSSSSSSS
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by na2day2(m): 9:03am On Sep 19, 2007
@ apache77

u are the dumbest person on the planet. na2day? represents me fully as nigerian, how does apache represent u? american wannabe, using words like nigger, shit etc when u havent even seen murtala mohammad airport(no bi u i blame, na ur neighbor wey allow u come hin house come watch hin tv i dey blame) . number 1, i am not like u whose only access to the internet is from the office; mumu, i surf the net from home not work. as for being poor, not every1 will be rich and i never claimed to be rich but one thing i know, u are not better than me financially or otherwise; bros check urself. u think every1 is a 419er like u(and u still dey unsuccessful for ur trade, olodo!);yes, ppl like me work for my stipend, it is my sweat and blood and i am proud of it, while ppl like u rob ppl online and at homes; get a job and quit living with ur mother and sharing her blouse. if a girl is interested in me just because she thinks i got money, why on God's earth should i let her into my heart or wallet or both? i guess ur dad had to borrow money to impress ur mom b4 she married him and u are the fruit of borrow borrow money, right?. and as for the likes of otedolas (whoever that is), dangotes (at least i know this one grin) etc, how many of them u know truly trust a woman and gives his heart truly to them, huh? most of them are dogs and sleep with anything in skirt and the same woman that married him initially for the money will come online complaining and posting how her husband cheats on her. some of them go as far as hiring cheaters to catch their man in the act. if the money was what was to spicy the relationship how come their husbands sleep around and they complain and are heart broken? wisdom is known my her children! lastly i have gone through my post on this topic and i am yet to find where i wrote stuff on indians pms and tv sets: it's either the garri wey u dey soak dont damage ur eyes badly or this sleep wey dey catch me get too much power. u lucky say day don dark pass becareful and i need go crash but when i wake up i go get ur time plenty and men, i better see the comments that i made on indians and tvs and it better be sumtin wey affect u or else i go raise gbege on ur sorry ass. u better arrange ur 32 b4 u begin dey mis yan. nonsense!!! angry angry angry
Re: No Finance, No Romance! by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 19, 2007
dakmanzero said:

'They r all hoes'

To some extent or another, *almost*nevery woman in this dreadful country is a prostitute.

That was so,so cruel of you. I'll concede many women do give men that impression though.
I'd have loved to fight you over this but seems i've a weak argument here. maybe some other time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NO PANTY DAY ! - June 22 / See what a Female Friend is doing when prayers is ongoing (picture) / Which Male Body Part Do Female Find The Sexiest And Most Appealing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.