Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,362 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Ramadan Is Knocking - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan Is Knocking (13624 Views)

Ramadan Is Here Again: What's Your Spiritual Plan / Ramadan Is Almost Here; What Are Your Plans For It? / Ramadan Is Here, Matters Arising (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by Gettolove(m): 5:17pm On Sep 07, 2007
Laylatul Qadr (the Night of Power) is described in the Quran as, "better than a thousand months" (97:3). Any action done on this night such as reciting the Quran, remembering Allah, etc. is better than acting for one thousand months which do not contain the night of Qadr.

Allah's Messenger used to exert himself in devotion during the last ten nights to a greater extent than at any other time." (Muslim). Allah's peace and blessings be upon our beloved Prophet.

Aisha, may Allah be pleased with her, related that the Prophet said: Look for Laylatul Qadr on an odd-numbered night during the last ten nights of Ramadan (Bukhari).

The Prophet said: "Whoever prays during the night of Qadr with faith and hoping for its reward will have all of his previous sins forgiven." (Bukhari and Muslim recorded from Abu Huraira).

Here are some tips of things we can do on the Night of Power and the time before and after it.[color=#000099][/color]
1. Take a vacation for Allah

We take a break from our jobs for almost everything in life. Why not this time to focus on worshiping and thanking our Creator.

If this is not possible at least take a few days off if you can. This can make it easier to stay awake at night to do extra Ibadah, not having to worry about getting to work the next day.

It will also facilitate doing Itikaf.

2. Do Itikaf

It was a practice of the Prophet to spend the last ten days and nights of Ramadan in the masjid for Itikaf.

Those in Itikaf stay in the masjid all this time, performing various forms of zikr (the remembrance of Allah), like doing extra Salat, recitation and study of the Quran. They do not go outside the masjid except in case of emergencies, therefore, they sleep in the masjid. Their families or the masjid administration takes care of their food needs.

Itikaf of a shorter period of time, like one night, a day or a couple of days is encouraged as well.

3. Make this special Dua

Aisha, may Allah be pleased with her, said: I asked the Messenger of Allah: 'O Messenger of Allah, if I know what night is the night of Qadr, what should I say during it?' He said: 'Say: O Allah, You are pardoning and You love to pardon, so pardon me.' "(Ahmad, Ibn Majah, and Tirmidhi).

The transliteration of this Dua is "Allahumma innaka `afuwwun tuhibbul `afwa fa`fu `annee"

4. Recite the Quran

Perhaps you can choose Surahs or passages from the Quran which you have heard in Tarawih this past Ramadan to recite.

If you attend a class where the recitation of the Quran is taught, this is a great time to put your knowledge into practice.

5. Reflect on the meaning of the Quran

Choose the latest Surah or Surahs you've heard in Tarawih and read their translation and Tafseer. Then think deeply about their meaning and how it affects you on a personal level.

(If you want to study the Quran with more understanding, check out Way to the Quran and Access to Quranic Arabic.

6. Get your sins wiped out

Abu Huraira narrated that the Messenger said: Whoever stands (in prayer) in Laylatul Qadr while nourishing his faith with self-evaluation, expecting reward from Allah, will have all of his previous sins forgiven. [Bukhari and Muslim).

Don't just pray using the shorter Surahs that you know. Try to make your prayers longer, deeper and meaningful. If you are familiar with longer Surahs, read the translation and explanation and then pray reciting these Surahs, carefully reflecting on the meaning while you pray.

Even if you are only familiar with the shorter Surahs, read the translation and explanation beforehand, and then pray reflecting on the message of the Surahs.

This is a good way to develop the habit of concentration, even in regular prayers, where many of us tend to be fidgety and/or easily distracted.

7. Make a personal Dua list.

Ask yourself what you really want from Allah. Make a list of each and everything, no matter how small or how big it is, whether it deals with this world or not. Allah loves to hear from us. Once this list is ready, you can do three things:

• Ask Allah to give you those things
• Think about what actions you have taken to get those things
• Develop a work plan to get those things in future.

8. Evaluate yourself.

Ask yourself those questions that need to be asked. Do an evaluation of where you are and where you are going. Let this evaluation lead you to feel happiness for the good you have done and remorse for the bad you have done. (see a short and a long evaluation guide) This latter feeling should make it easier to seek Allah's sincere forgiveness when making the Dua mentioned in tip number one above.

9. Make long, sincere and deep Duas

One of the best times to do this is during the last part of the night.

Abu Huraira, may Allah be pleased with him, related that the Prophet said: When the last one-third of the night remains, our Lord, the Glorious One descends towards the heaven of the earth and proclaims: Who is that who supplicates for Me, and I grant his supplication? Who is that who begs Me for anything and I grant it to him? And who is that who seeks My forgiveness, and I forgive him? (Bukhari, Muslim).

That means for instance, waking up one hour before Suhoor time to ask Allah for anything and everything you want that is Halal. This can be done using the Duas of the Sunnah, but also Dua in your own language, with sincerity and conviction.

For some tips on making Dua please see the article Some personal Duas you can make.

10. Memorize a different Dua every night

They don't have to be long. They can be just one line. And be sure to know what they mean generally at least, even if you don't know the exact translation in English.

You can put them on index cards (or and keep them with you during the day, glancing at them during work, while driving, waiting in line, etc.) Then practice them at night in prayer.

11. Have Iftar with the family

If you've spent Iftar time on weekdays in your cubicle at work alone with a couple of dates, now is the last few days you'll have this Ramadan to spend with your family. Use it wisely.

12. Take the family to Tarawih

Have your spouse and kids missed Tarawih most of Ramadan because you weren't there to drive them to the Masjid, which is too far away to walk to? If so, do all of yourselves a favor and bring everyone for Tarawih in these last ten nights.

13. Attend the Dua after the completion of Quran recitation

Almost all Masjids where the Imam aims to finish an entire reading of the Quran in Tarawih prayers in Ramadan will be completing their recitation in these last ten nights. They may try to end on one of the odd nights and read the Dua at the end of a reading of the Quran. Attend this particular night's Tarawih prayer with your family. See if you can attend different Masjids' Tarawih prayers the night they finish reading the Quran.

14. Finish reading a book on the Prophet

Read about the Prophet's life, which can increase your love for him and Islam by seeing how much he struggled for Allah's sake. It may inspire you to push yourself even harder during these last ten nights. This community is built on sacrifice.

15. Plan for the next year

Once you've done a self-evaluation, you can plan on where you want to go, at least in the next 12 months. Laylatul Qadr is a great night to be thinking about this (without taking away from your worship), since you'll Insha Allah, be in a more contemplative state. You may choose to dedicate one night of power for evaluation and one night for planning for the next year.

16. To do list for the Night of Power

Make a to do checklist for each Night of Power. This should define how you would like your night, the one better than a thousand months, to be used. Pick things from this list and define the sequence you would like to do things in. This will help you avoid wasting your time in unproductive chats which common in the festive atmosphere of Masjids at the Night of Power
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by goodbuay(m): 7:22pm On Sep 07, 2007
Assalamu alaikum

Ramadan is a special month and no month is of its kind.Please muslim brothers nd sis shud cease these opportunity and turn to Allah during the month nd after.What i mean is many muslims will drop dia bad attitudes/habits e.g drinking,womanizing e.tc during ramadan and return to them fully after ramadan.May Allah SWA guide us to the right path,Amin!
hav a wonderful ramadan
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by mukina2: 10:23am On Sep 08, 2007
@ Gettolove

when i was a kid . .during Lailatul Qadr. all of us from our Madrasa would wear . boys as well as girl and we'll be in the masjid. all of us memorized Suratul Qadr .
and we were told to be reciting it whenever a scholar ended his teaching smiley

uptil today . suring laitatul Qadr my family visits the Mosque .we all wear white and partake in the blessings of that powerful night . .
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by babs787(m): 11:53am On Sep 08, 2007
Salam

Who is bound to fast?

1. Muslim

2. Sane

3. Pubescent

4. Able

5 Present

Those exempted

1. Sick people

2. Travelling people

3. pregnant and nursing woman

4. women in menstruating or confinement

5. too old and feeble people

6. immature children

7. insane people

May Allah make it easy for us.

Maa Salam
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by lanko: 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2007
Ramadan i love it grin grin grin it is a month full of Allah"s mercy,full of bonanzas,month of the holy quran,month of the most important night full of forgiveness, so never relax grab all the bonanzas.give thanks to Allah and remain good cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by spicie: 2:10am On Sep 10, 2007
Ya ayyuhallazina amanu kutiba alaykumus siyamu kama kutiba alallazina min kabilikum la,allakum tattakun. Sadakallahu azim
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by spicie: 2:13am On Sep 10, 2007
Ya ayyuhallazina amanu kutiba alaykumus siyamu kama kutiba alallazina min kabilikum la,allakum tattakun. Sadakallahu azim
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by spicie: 3:59am On Sep 10, 2007
شهررمضان الذي أنزل فه القرءان هدن للناس وبينت من الهد والفرقان. فمن شهد منكم الشهر فليصم ومن كان مريضان أو علي سفرين فعداتون من ايامن أخر يريد الله بكم اليسرولايريد بكم العسرولتكملو العدت ولتكبرو الله علي ما هدا كم لعلكم تشكرون. Sadakallahu azim
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by oloksman1(m): 2:33pm On Sep 10, 2007
Sallam alakkum to all,
in the name of Allah,the beneficient,the merciful
may Allahu,the owner of our soul,
the creator of the universe,
the master of the of judgement

Make us all witness the forth coming Ramadan,May He make Us witness many more
of ramadan.
I welcome Us all to Ramadan
Ramadan Karim,Ramadan Mubbarakk

Sallam alaykum
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by oloksman1(m): 2:45pm On Sep 10, 2007
Marhaba ya Ramadan
Allah has oblige Fasting upon us all,just as He obliged it upon those b4 us
Sallam alaykum

Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by smile4kenn(m): 4:06pm On Sep 10, 2007
sallam alaykum

happy ramadam
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by Gettolove(m): 5:18pm On Sep 10, 2007
I pray that we all witness this coming ramadan in good health coupled with abundant wealth.I just want to implore everyone to try and make someone happy during the period of ramadan. Sharing what you have during the holy month is very rewarding.

A bag of cold pure water/cartorn of bottled water every day in a local mosque is not a bad idea

N.B You can also feed non muslims as well
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by babs787(m): 7:45pm On Sep 10, 2007
Salam

Here are a few suggestions that we can look into during Ramadhan:

1. Let us make it a habit to visit the mosque as often as possible but at least once a day with our families.

2. Let us make it a habit to break fast with fellow Muslims in the mosque at least once a week.

3. Let us invite our non-Muslim friends and neighbors to join us in the breaking of our fasts.

4. Let us pool our efforts and resources to feeding the homeless.

5. Let us be extra-generous and donate our money to worthy causes.

6. Let us encourage our children to offer taraweeh prayers with us at the mosque.

7. Let us at least try to complete reading the Quran with meaning once.

8. Let us ensure that we mend our relations with everyone regardless of the mistakes on the part of others.

9. Let us spend some time in seclusion at night praying to the Almighty.

10. Let us ensure that we will not hurt anyone and control our anger in all situations

12. Let us spend more time with our families especially in breaking the fast.

13. Let us make sure that we don't miss our Fajr prayer and pray all the other prayers on time.

14. Let us donate at least one book on Islam to a local library.

15. Let us ensure that we offer Zakat ul Fitr ahead of Eid prayers so that the poor and the needy can make use of it in an appropriate manner.

Let us place our trust in Allah in everything that we do. May Allah accept our ibada.

Maa Salam
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by DisGuy: 12:56am On Sep 11, 2007
when is it startin again

i cant believe this is coming so fast! just when i am about to put on weight,i just pray i wake up at night to eat if not wink
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by mukina2: 1:12am On Sep 11, 2007
some say wednesday .  undecided

for our Imams here . .even  if the entire Islamic Ummah start today. they wil wait til lthey see the moon smiley
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by toney(m): 11:16am On Sep 11, 2007
RAMADAN is a month in the Islamic calender in which - for about twenty eight to thirty days - Muslim faithfuls (all over the globe) observe fasting from sunrise to sunset.This month is also considered the most spiritually benefiting period in all the Islamic calender.

You can get more lights on the true significance of this Holy month from Islamic sites like islam.com and al-islam.com or even from our own Nigerian online sunnews newspaper under the column "sunlight of islam"

HAPPY RAMADAN FASTING TO ALL MUSLIM FAITHFULS

MAR'AB YA RAMADAN
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by Mant(m): 11:48am On Sep 11, 2007
Salam alaikun,

RAMADAM KAREEM

Dear brothers & sisters in Islam, please find the attached document for NOFILAT SCHEDLE for RAMADAM

Ma Salam

Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by Kunleib2(m): 12:14pm On Sep 11, 2007
All praise and adoration be to almighty Allah who give us opportunity of witness another month of blessing
It is great opportunity for all muslim and we should make use of this opportunity. we should seek for Allah forgiveness and be particular in our Ibadah.
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by nuru(m): 12:40pm On Sep 11, 2007
@ Spicie

Love the Quranic Script. First time I am seeing that on Nairaland. Jazakumullau Khaeran to all of you.

Ramadan Kareem.
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by babs787(m): 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2007
some say wednesday .

for our Imams here . .even if the entire Islamic Ummah start today. they wil wait til lthey see the moon

Salam

We should be on the look out for the new moon when Shaban is 29 and if we didnt see the moon, we should count Shaban to 30 and start the next day but the painful aspect of it is that some muslims have made the habit of fixing date/time irrespective of sighting the moon or not which shouldnt be in the first place.

May Allah continue to guide us and increase our Knowledge.

Maa Salam

@Mant

Insert Quote
Salam alaikun,

RAMADAM KAREEM

Dear brothers & sisters in Islam, please find the attached document for NOFILAT SCHEDLE for RAMADAM

Ma Salam

Please if they cannot meet up with the scheduled Nawafil, they should do the one that is convenient for them be it reciting Surah Fatiha and Surah Nas and probably observing two Rakahs or increase it if it can be done.

Allah knows best.

Maa Salam.
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by kateflow(f): 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2007
na waooooo una noknw the date again

[s]hmmmmm wat a religion[/s]
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by texas543(m): 10:30pm On Sep 11, 2007
kateflow:

na waooooo una noknw the date again

[s]hmmmmm what a religion[/s]

@Kateflow
If you don't have any reasonable thing to say why don't you keep your mouth shut? Must you post on all thread? For your information, what we use is the lunar calendar so it doesn't have to be fixed.
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by texas543(m): 10:35pm On Sep 11, 2007
Salam Alaekun.

The purpose of fasting is manifold. Al’lah (the God Almighty) mentioned it in the Holy Book of the Muslims, Quran, that the fasting is prescribed for the believers as it was prescribed for the people before them, so that they may acquire self control and God-consciousness (Quran 2:183). Therefore, the purpose of fasting is to develop self-control, God-consciousness, improvement of health by reducing or eliminating impurities from the body, and to become aware of the plight of the poor, hungry, and the sick. Ramadan is a month of spiritual consciousness and high sense of social responsibility. The fulfillment of one’s obligations during this month is rewarded by 70 times.

Ramadan Kareem
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by Mustay(m): 11:42pm On Sep 11, 2007
[size=18pt]RAMADAN HAS FINLLY KNOCKED ON OUR DOORS AS THE SULTAN OF SOKOTO ANNOUNCED SOME FEW HOURS AGO ABOUT THE SIGHTING OF THE MOON[/size]
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by kellon: 11:49pm On Sep 11, 2007
ASALAM ALAIKUM, HAPPY RAMADAN KAREEM.[/color]
[color=#000099]NICE, Muslim Brothers and Sisters.
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by Mustay(m): 12:10am On Sep 12, 2007
waa lakun salam

ramadan 's started
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by Mustay(m): 12:31am On Sep 12, 2007
Valley Muslims to begin Ramadan celebration
William Hermann
The Arizona Republic
Sept. 11, 2007 03:38 PM

As about 1 billion Muslims worldwide begin celebrating the beginning of the month of Ramadan, a group of Valley converts to Islam Wednesday night will ascend South Mountain for their own observance of this holy time.

Tempe resident Jacqueline Freeman-Ennaffah, a spokeswoman for an organization of converts to Islam called Valley Converts, said the group will meet at 5:30 p.m. at Buena Vista Lookout in South Mountain Park.

"We'll watch for the crescent of the new moon, which starts Ramadan," Freeman-Ennaffah said. "We'll talk about what Ramadan means to us personally."

She said Ramadan is the month on the Islamic lunar calendar during which Muslims abstain from food, drink and other sensual pleasures from the break of dawn to sunset. The fast is performed to learn discipline, self-restraint and generosity, while obeying God's commandments, Freeman-Ennaffah said.

"When you fast, as you do during Ramadan, when you are hungry and thirsty, it's easy to be grumpy," she said. "But we try to control those feelings and have a kind word for people and not get into arguments. We want to talk about being kind and gentle in the face of difficult situations."

Freeman-Ennaffah said that fasting is one of the five pillars of Islam. The other pillars are the declaration of faith, daily prayers, charity and pilgrimage to Mecca.

The end of Ramadan will be marked by communal prayers called Eid ul-Fitr, or Feast of the Fast-Breaking, on Oct. 13.

Freeman-Ennaffah said Muslim leaders locally estimate there are 100,000 Muslims in the Valley and some 7 million nationwide.
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by Alaby(m): 7:40am On Sep 12, 2007
SALLAM TO ALL MUSLIMEEN AND MUSLIMAT[color=#770077][/color]
Glory be to Almigthy Allah and am happy its Ramadan season.
To all Muslimeen and Muslimat in Naira Land my brother in islam called me 4:40am this morning that they say the moon which mean we are already in ramadan month, so i am Fasting today Wednesday.
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by Alaby(m): 8:51am On Sep 12, 2007
The Falsehood of Moon Sighting[/i]

God never commanded that the moon be sighted with the naked eyes to know the beginning of the new month. Quran is very clear that any method of calculation is acceptable. A search for Meton in any search engine or encyclopedia will demonstrate that man knew the birth of new moon by calculation since 5th century B.C. Certainly this information was available at the time of Muhammad and even Abraham, to whom all religious duties were revealed.

The sighting of the new moon is a fabrication of the scholars. The observer of Ramadan in the last few years can easily spot the abuse and lies used by some of the so called Islamic countries of the sighting method. Politics and personal desires replaced science and accurate calculations in determining the first day of Ramadan. Thank God Almighty, we can have our calendar as accurate as an atomic clock for the next several hundred years.
For more information see our file Islamic Calendar.

Quran Verses about Ramadan & Fasting[i]

[2:183] O you who believe, fasting is decreed for you, as it was decreed for those before you, that you may attain salvation.

2:183-187. Like all duties in Submission, fasting was decreed through Abraham
(22:78). Prior to revelation of the Quran, sexual intercourse was prohibited throughout the fasting period. This rule is modified in 2:187 to allow intercourse during the nights of Ramadan.

[2:184] Specific days (are designated for fasting); if one is ill or traveling, an equal number of other days may be substituted. Those who can fast, but with great difficulty, may substitute feeding one poor person for each day of breaking the fast. If one volunteers (more righteous works), it is better. But fasting is the best for you, if you only knew.

[2:185] Ramadan is the month during which the Quran was revealed, providing guidance for the people, clear teachings, and the statute book. Those of you who witness this month shall fast therein. Those who are ill or traveling may substitute the same number of other days. GOD wishes for you convenience, not hardship, that you may fulfill your obligations, and to glorify GOD for guiding you, and to express your appreciation.

[2:186] When My servants ask you about Me, I am always near. I answer their prayers when they pray to Me. The people shall respond to Me and believe in Me, in order to be guided.

[2:187] Permitted for you is sexual intercourse with your wives during the nights of fasting. They are the keepers of your secrets, and you are the keepers of their secrets. GOD knew that you used to betray your souls, and He has redeemed you, and has pardoned you. Henceforth, you may have intercourse with them, seeking what GOD has permitted for you. You may eat and drink until the white thread of light becomes distinguishable from the dark thread of night at dawn. Then, you shall fast until sunset. Sexual intercourse is prohibited if you decide to retreat to the Masjid (during the last ten days of Ramadan). These are GOD's laws; you shall not transgress
them. GOD thus clarifies His revelations for the people, that they may attain salvation.

The Meaning of Ramadan[/i]

Ramadan is a special month of the year for over one billion Muslims throughout the world. It is a time for inner reflection, devotion to God, and self-control. Muslims think of it as a kind of tune-up for their spiritual lives. There are as many meanings of Ramadan as there are Muslims.

The third "pillar" or religious obligation of Islam (submission in English), fasting has many special benefits. Among these, the most important is that it is a means of learning self-control. Due to the lack of preoccupation with the satisfaction of bodily appetites during the daylight hours of fasting, a measure of ascendancy is given to one's spiritual nature, which becomes a means of coming closer to God. Ramadan is also a time of intensive worship, reading of the Quran, giving charity, purifying one's behavior, and doing good deeds. For Muslims (Submitters), Ramadan is an opportunity to gain by giving up, to prosper by going without and to grow stronger by enduring weakness.

As a secondary goal, fasting is a way of experiencing hunger and developing sympathy for the less fortunate, and learning to thankfulness and appreciation for all of God's bounties. Fasting is also beneficial to the health and provides a break in the cycle of rigid habits or overindulgence.

Who Fasts in Ramadan?[i]

Fasting in Ramadan is obligatory on those who can do it. . Sick people and some travelers in certain conditions are exempted from the fast but must make it up as they are able.

From Dawn to Sunset

The daily period of fasting starts at the breaking of dawn and ends at the setting of the sun. In between -- that is, during the dawn and daylight hours -- Muslims (Submitters) totally abstain from food, drink, smoking, and sex. The usual practice is to have a pre-fast meal (suhoor) before dawn and a post-fast meal (iftar) after sunset.

The Islamic lunar calendar, being 11 to 12 days shorter than the Gregorian calendar, migrates throughout the seasons. Thus, if Ramadan begins on January 20 one year, next year it will begin on January 9. In this way, the length of the day, and thus the fasting period, varies in length from place to place over the years. Every Muslim, no matter where he or she lives, will see an average Ramadan day of the approximately 13.5 hours.

Devotion to God

The last ten days of Ramadan are a time of special spiritual power as everyone tries to come closer to God through devotions and good deeds. The night on which the Quran was revealed to the Prophet, known as the Night of Power (Lailat ul-Qadr), is generally taken to be the 27th night of the month. The Quran states that this night is better than a thousand months. Therefore many Muslims (Submitters) spend the entire night in prayer.

During the month, Muslims (Submitters) try to read as much of the Quran as they can. Some spend part of their day listening to the recitation of the Quran in a mosque. meet for Quranic studies or for congregation prayers. Some spend the last ten days of Ramadan in a mosque devoting the whole ten days for worshipping God.

Better than a 1000 months

[97:1] We revealed it (Quran) in the Night of Destiny.
[97:2] How awesome is the Night of Destiny!
[97:3] The Night of Destiny is better than a thousand months.
[97:4] The angels and the Spirit descend therein, by their Lord's leave, to carry out every command.
[97:5] Peaceful it is until the advent of the dawn.

Food in Ramadan

Since Ramadan is a special time, Muslims (Submitters) in many parts of the world prepare certain favorite foods during this month. Since Ramadan emphasizes community aspects and since everyone eats dinner at the same time, Muslims often invite one another to share in the Ramadan evening meal.

Some Muslims (Submitters) find that they eat less for dinner during Ramadan than at other times due to stomach contraction. However, as a rule, most Muslims experience little fatigue during the day since the body becomes used to the altered routine during the first week of Ramadan.

Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by Alaby(m): 8:58am On Sep 12, 2007
For those who really want to know more about Ramadan expecially the Christian can Mail me Trippleaelektra@yahoo.com to gat more Detail about ramadan.
Check this Out,

The Fast of Ramadan [/b]

Ramadan is the ninth month of the Muslim calendar. The Month of Ramadan is also when it is believed the Holy Quran "was sent down from heaven, a guidance unto men, a declaration of direction, and a means of Salvation"
It is during this month that Muslims fast. It is called the Fast of Ramadan and lasts the entire month. Ramadan is a time when Muslims concentrate on their faith and spend less time on the concerns of their everyday lives. It is a time of worship and contemplation

During the Fast of Ramadan strict restraints are placed on the daily lives of Muslims. They are not allowed to eat or drink during the daylight hours. Smoking and sexual relations are also forbidden during fasting. At the end of the day the fast is broken with prayer and a meal called the iftar. In the evening following the iftar it is customary for Muslims to go out visiting family and friends. The fast is resumed the next morning

[b]According to the Holy Quran:

One may eat and drink at any time during the night "until you can plainly distinguish a white thread from a black thread by the daylight: then keep the fast until night"

The good that is acquired through the fast can be destroyed by five things -

the telling of a lie
slander
denouncing someone behind his back
a false oath
greed or covetousness

These are considered offensive at all times, but are most offensive during the Fast of Ramadan

During Ramadan, it is common for Muslims to go to the Masjid (Mosque) and spend several hours praying and studying the Quran. In addition to the five daily prayers, during Ramadan Muslims recite a special prayer called the Taraweeh prayer (Night Prayer). The length of this prayer is usually 2-3 times as long as the daily prayers. Some Muslims spend the entire night in prayer

On the evening of the 27th day of the month, Muslims celebrate the Laylat-al-Qadr (the Night of Power). It is believed that on this night Muhammad first received the revelation of the Holy Quran. And according to the Quran, this is when God determines the course of the world for the following year

When the fast ends (the first day of the month of Shawwal) it is celebrated for three days in a holiday called Id-al-Fitr (the Feast of Fast Breaking). Gifts are exchanged. Friends and family gather to pray in congregation and for large meals. In some cities fairs are held to celebrate the end of the Fast of Ramadan.

Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by lincoln3(m): 9:03am On Sep 12, 2007
allihamdulilahi, the holy month has finally come, i greet all my fellow muslim brothers and sister ramadan kareem. MAY ALLAH CONTINUE TO GUARD US IN IS INFINITE MERCY AMINNNNNNNNNNNNNN IBRAHIM BAKARE lincoln3@email.com
Re: Ramadan Is Knocking by mukina2: 11:19am On Sep 12, 2007
We have not started fasting yet o .

I  am hearing that we might start on Friday undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Does Women’s Hijab Have To Be Black? / Two Pilgrims From Lagos And Kano Die In Saudi Arabia / Muslim Should Avoid Fights And Arguments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.