Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? (14628 Views)

When You Decide To Pay Your Girlfriend A Surprise Visit In School / Is It Proper For Nigerian Guys To Toast A Lady On Social Media? / What Would You Talk About On The Phone With Your Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by chines4(m): 3:41pm On Sep 13, 2011
The question is do you have the money? If you do, no problem, Its good to help a friend in need. But don't take it as part of her bride price ooo. Or a guarantee that she must marry you. but as an applicant, Mmmmmmmmm the choice is yours
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 13, 2011
there's no big deal if you have the cash

borrowing money to pay isn't good at all but you have taken your decision anyway.

hope you have got a steady source of income that guarantees you paying back before the deadline

Anvaller:

@OP!
If u were my brother, I would advise you to solve your own problem 1st before solving others. If the amount is nothing to you then u can pay and forget about it but if it is alot of money to u as at now, why not use such to solve your own problem?
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Anvaller: 3:44pm On Sep 13, 2011
SHABZ:

adromida,are u implying that when two peolpe Be Intimate,its always the man that ends up being satisfied? or must he pay her bills because they're intimate? wot then is prostitution? incase u dont know,a simple explanation is *sex for money*.SMH at your replies.
poster,ure really ridiculous *simply put*

That Adromida is just not normal in her thinking. I think she is an Aristo or something. I always say that the reason Nigerian ladies will forever be ruled by men is because the ladies have this mentality that their pu.ss.ies are for sale. U think a guy must pay once he is having sexual relationships with a lady. No!!! very dull mentality. In physiological and psychological ramifications, they are both enjoying themselves and infact the guy is the one exhausting the most energy so I don't know where this stupid thinking comes from.

If a guy would spend on a lady, it should be based on emotion and respect he has for the lady and not sex. If sex is the issue, then she is a prostitute. I want to ask Adromida if that is the kind of lesson she would teach her daughter? If her answer is yes then she is about to give birth to another prostitute
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by GMcompere: 3:46pm On Sep 13, 2011
@Poster

If you are in a position to help someone, please go ahead and do it, irrespective of who the person is and what you stand to gain from the person. If you are christian, remember the bible didn't say you will reap where you sow. Anyway, God will not send money to anybody, but He will use people like you and I meet each other's need.

Help her now if you can and i bet you too will not lack help when you need it.
Think about it.
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by tEsLim(m): 3:53pm On Sep 13, 2011
HOw much are we talking about? If you can afford it though. I mean really afford it and it doesn't affect nothing. Like taking 10 naira out of 100k type of afford it. Else na you sabi. Because if you look around personally you prolly have more problems than her you wanna resolve with money smiley . You have mum, siblings and all that.

And dont feel the need to pay for sex. If she wants a sugar daddy its different. If its a boyfriend its different. And the new generation sugar daddy's are getting pocket wise.
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2011
There shouldn't even be a question about it as long as you care about her. Run along, borrow to take care of your future family.Good luck
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by silvernus0: 4:30pm On Sep 13, 2011
andromida:

Sexkillz let me be very blunt. Has he been sleeping with his bestfriend for 6 yrs? do you know how many times she has gone out of her way for him? i know you will say they were both enjoying the sex but she has been giving something that if he wanted to pay for he prolly cannot afford. If he is whining so much maybe he should just drop it before he will expect her to die for him. The devil can be a good guy sugar daddy will soon show but before you criticize her search yourself wella after looking left, right, center no hope and one man is offering to help you out for sex you have been giving freely to sweetie.

Her elder ones and parents may not have the means now maybe another round of poverty has shown up.
do u mean he cnt afford to get luv elsewere aside his gf?
only in naija do ladies tink they do guys a favour which is not ,come to potorico nd hv excess hehehe ,
bro if u gat the duo spend on her hehehe,
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by sylve11: 4:31pm On Sep 13, 2011
faakay:

there's no big deal if you have the cash

borrowing money to pay isn't good at all but you have taken your decision anyway.

hope you have got a steady source of income that guarantees you paying back before the deadline

yeah! that is my oldtime nigga! o boy how far? cool

@poster
life is all about choice smiley cool
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by olatunjin(m): 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2011
HELLO MY GUY IF YOU ARE IN THE POSITION TO HELP HER GO AHEAD AND DO THAT.EITHER YOU HAVE PLAN FOR HER OR NOT FOLLOW YOUR HEART BECAUSE IS GOOD TO BE GOO.IF YOU NO YOU CAN GO EXTRA MILE PLS DO CUS YOU DON"T NO WHAT TOMORROW WILL BE,SHE MAY BE THE ONE TO HELP U TOMORROW WHO KNOWS.IT HAS HAPPENED TO ME TO THE EXTEND OF DOING EVERYTHING TO HER CONCERNING HER ACADEMY WITH THE PLAN THAT WE ARE GETTING MARRIED BUT TODAY SHE IS NO WERE TO BE,BUT IF I REMEMBER WHAT SHE HAS DONE FOR ME CUS OF THAT ASSISTANCE I GAVE THEN, WOOOOO, IT PAYS TO BE GOODJUST ASSUMED THAT YOU ARE DOING IT FOR GOD.
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Sike(m): 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2011
Ofcourse YES!
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by ojingiri(f): 4:43pm On Sep 13, 2011
my man , try be wise ooo.its good to help someone if u are capable but going extra mile to help is out of it, moreso she is a Gf neither ur wife nor family,
Mere looking @ this issue u hv feeling 4 her if not y going extra mile to help her & i doubt if u can do same 2 ur BF, if its so try express urself b4 its too late because @ the end she will said ''u don't ask me for marrage,am sorry i can't marry u.i hv found my lover'' then it will too late,
Dont get me wrong if u hv feling 4 her express urself & if u don't then do it as a good samaritan dont expect any return,the reward is from GOD,GOD will surely reward u in one way or the other, eward u in one way or the other,
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by onyeka13(m): 4:45pm On Sep 13, 2011
I see nothing wrong. Dude, if you are financially sound i see nothing wrong if you help her with her school fees.
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by 27naira(m): 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2011
@OP,

In as much as what you did isn't bad, how do you plan to repay your debt since you're still an applicant?

Mind you, i believe in helping people when you have the means, however, it is totally wrong to think that you are obligated to foot the bills of your girlfriend.

may you find a helper to help you repay your debts.

what you did is a silly good thing!
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Abayomin70(m): 5:03pm On Sep 13, 2011
I can pay my girl friend school fee so far i av d money cause i dont know tomoro(that is if i av d money  or if i am a yahoo boy)
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by cinzo: 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2011
Bad investment!
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Dairius: 5:24pm On Sep 13, 2011
All of you have made some points in one way or the other,but girls are not to be trusted with all thy heart wether your girlfriend or not. As for i can help any girl wether she my girlfriend or not but i cannot go borrowing to help a girl hoping that she will be mine forever,she might change her mind after succeeding and call you a fool because human beings are unpredictable that is why human resources is the most important branch of economics so one have to becareful. The amazing part of it all is he went to borrow a very huge amount of money while he is an applicant,those of you that said should go ahead and help her, have you forgotten that a man who goes borrowing goes sorrowing,he can held her if he has the money and not borrowing.so many girls have betrayed their bfds after helping them,and most of those boys committed suicide on that occasion, so it's good to be wise because it is only a wise man that learn from a fool than a fool learning from the wise.
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by zinosleek(m): 5:36pm On Sep 13, 2011
i know money can buy sex and it can buy someone's time, but can it buy love and loyalty?
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by kizito96(m): 5:37pm On Sep 13, 2011
It is a decision you will regret at last. i did that initially, but ladies sometimes are ungrateful
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Smallville4live(m): 5:44pm On Sep 13, 2011
@andromida: u must not base a relationship on sex. I don't even advice it at all. If I have the money I will definitely help this gal 2 finish her studies. Remember wat goes around comes around. So no argument on this. Let the guy follow his hrt,
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by ronkebp(f): 5:44pm On Sep 13, 2011
if you have the money and you are really bent on helping her, there is nothing wrong in it, but to borrow money to pay her school fees, is not a good idea, this is not about getting something in return, or maybe she would dissappoint you later, it is just about doing the right thing. i will not advice you to borrow to pay her school fees, only if you have a means of repaying it back.
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 13, 2011
Anyone can go to any length to help anyone they like. Love should not be based on pity neither should people give something because they want to receive something later.

Have it at the back of your mind that you should not feel she owes you anything if she finds someone else she likes who is more accomplished. You are doing here a favour because you like her. No big deal. You can even travel through the Sahara for her - just remember she does not owe you anything so do not expect because you have given.

You may not agree with this poster but that is my opinion since you posted this thread to receive advice.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 13, 2011
divine2043:

Anyone can go to any length to help anyone they like. Love should not be based on pity neither should people give something because they want to receive something later.

Have it at the back of your mind that you should not feel she owes you anything if she finds someone else she likes who is more accomplished. You are doing here a favour because you like her. No big deal. You can even travel through the Sahara for her - just remember she does not owe you anything so do not expect because you have given.

You may not agree with this poster but that is my opinion since you posted this thread to receive advice.

Cheers and all the best.

Are you a man or an alien?

I mean they don't make them like you anymore. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Wow I am impressed.
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by ojingiri(f): 5:54pm On Sep 13, 2011
my man , try be wise ooo.its good to help someone if u are capable but going extra mile to help is out of it, moreso she is a Gf neither ur wife nor family,
Mere looking @ this issue u hv feeling 4 her if not y going extra mile to help her & i doubt if u can do same 2 ur BF, if its so try express urself b4 its too late because @ the end she will said ''u don't ask me for marrage,am sorry i can't marry u.i hv found my lover'' then it will too late,
Dont get me wrong if u hv feling 4 her express urself & if u don't then do it as a good samaritan dont expect any return,the reward is from GOD,GOD will surely reward u in one way or the other,
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 13, 2011
Rokiatu,  I believe the post was not meant for you. I thought ladies on here were a bit civil (well, actually many are)but your utterance has actually placed you. You do not have to agree with what I said. Besides, the response was not meant at you so why utter obscene stuff?

Move along and learn to be polite and tolerate opinions different from yours. You do not have to agree with it.

Try to understand that.
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by BABE3: 6:05pm On Sep 13, 2011
SMH Vigorously at this thread (comments)---

After much analysis, the only four reasons people would negate the OP's motive are:

1) They are Poor. I mean, you can't expect a guy struggling to get a balanced diet to dash out money to his gf.

2) They are heartless/Soulless/Wicked.

3) They are St[i]u[/i]pid. They want to follow the crowd in typing ignorant comments.

4)They've been "duped" over and over again due to borrowing people money.

OP--- I'm glad you've borrowed her the money. Do good for doing Good sake. It's always a smart move. Nuff said.

Chei---I detest Stinginess--it's such an inhumane trait. Even lower animals are not tight-fisted; they help themselves out.
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 13, 2011
divine2043:

Rokiatu,  I believe the post was not meant for you. I thought ladies on here were a bit civil (well, actually many are)but your utterance has actually placed you. You do not have to agree with what I said. Besides, the response was not meant at you so why utter obscene stuff?

Move along and learn to be polite and tolerate opinions different from yours. You do not have to agree with it.

Try to understand that.

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Dude, take a chill pill or go stick your head in the freeze. I only agreed with what you said.  ok I take back my words. Relax geeeezz lol. I think you should go drink some coffee to clear whatever rubbish that is blocking your brain. You don't have to break a sweat over that lol, just a friendly advice.

Going to modify my post right away Gonna leave it there so that you will see how lame you are. LMAO omg we have some comedians in here.
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 13, 2011
If you have to be paying her school fees,marry her.u may be bitterly dissapointed if she follows another man.
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 13, 2011
If you have to be paying her school fees,marry her.u may be bitterly dissapointed if she follows another man.
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 13, 2011
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2011
Laalamed:

Even if he don't pay for it, there's no guarantee that she will still marry him. Let him play the bigger man and just pay for it.

P.S stop posting. We hear you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Fraud: Judefcc Mr N18 Million. Pics Included. / Is Jealousy A Proof Of Love Or Lack Of Trust? / 7 Steps To Prevent Sperm Leakage After Intercourse.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.