Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? (14600 Views)

When You Decide To Pay Your Girlfriend A Surprise Visit In School / Is It Proper For Nigerian Guys To Toast A Lady On Social Media? / What Would You Talk About On The Phone With Your Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by CHIMCO(m): 3:39am On Sep 13, 2011
Paying For Girl-Friend's School Fees

Is it proper to pay for your girl friend sch fees when the parents are "poor" &  5 senior brothers & sisters were turning blind eyes to it. We ve been in r/tionship fr 6yrs & She is very intelligent. I am stil an applicant. If i dnt borrow & give her to pay tomorrow she may loose a session. I dnt ve plans to marry her for now. Pls. I need your candid advice fast.
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Nobody: 4:05am On Sep 13, 2011
I pity you. I really do.

Why are you bearing unnecessary responsibilities? In this life, wisdom is applicable to everything. She is just your girlfriend and not your wife. What steps is she taking to support herself? What about your own family? Don't they need help? You are an applicant and already you are bearing silly responsibilities.

You better wise up
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Ranoscky(m): 4:11am On Sep 13, 2011
DEFFINITELY NOT until you have plans of marryin a girl, that is when you can finance for her studies (or whatever she needs the money for). If you have the money and you are willing to help, just do it (like Nike), cos NOBODY knows 2morow!

She might turn out to be som1 that could help you in the nearest future, who knows?
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by kpolli(m): 9:24am On Sep 13, 2011
Na u born am?
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by LOVE4BUG(f): 9:30am On Sep 13, 2011
Pls follow ur heart!!! the best investment u can do in life is investing on humans. If u turn her good today, she will remember you tomorrow simple!!! wat if she misses her session and finally out of school but then you find out she is ment for u, wat will u do? Send her back to school wen is late Pls help if u re opportune to. Who Knows Tomorrow?.

@ poster. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 13, 2011
^^^ I vehemently disagree with that statement of yours!

Op! nothing wrong in borrowing to pay her fees! It's the same thing you'd have done for your siblings or anyone close to you! What you have to seriously question, is your motive for doing so! I can categorically tell you, that if it's purely because she is your girlfriend, then, that's balderdash! She could disappoint you tomorrow and you'll call all girls wicked! Face the fact, she could also be playing you! How long will you keep borrowing? Her family sent her to school, not you, and they should be aware of the cost implications on them before they did so! Would they be grateful to you, later? What if they see you as a fool? You are struggling to make ends meet and you are what? And as far as i'm concerned, she's just a friend! What if at the end of the day you dont marry her, or she sees a heaver spender, and then she suggests repaying all you've spent on her nko? Will you commit suicide?

Help her if you want to! But avoid being deluded into thinking she must reciprocate or that she has become irrevocably yours or that you have rights over her! That would purely be vain! Be wise!

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Seun(m): 9:43am On Sep 13, 2011
If you have the money and she deserves it, please do go ahead and pay it, but don't expect anything
The fact that you're paying her school fees makes you less attractive because people don't like to be bought.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 13, 2011
What kind of men is Nigeria breeding? are they so poor that before they can help out a gal they prolly do as they like they must open a thread and ask the world if it is right knowing the facts that the girl is "poor". These men are so poor mentally trying to be sharp at every turn they cannot have a normal rship because from the inception of the rship all they are out for is what they will gain.

These kind of men if they buy a gal a bottle of coke they want to press her breast if rice mistakenly accompany the coke they expect an all nighter sadly these same men demand respect from the girls as "men" when in a rship. calculating, making estimates, looking checking if they are getting back their money's worth from every action. I am always i mean always shocked when i see the debates about buying even sweet for a girl. Afraid that they will fall mugu. Men with a small heart are really small men even if they are 6 footers they are midgets in truth.

No wonder this society does not believe in charity. its a take take take society and these are the kind of people that mistakenly get into positions of authority and turn our universities to brothels thinking its payback time for all the gals that ate their money and went free. Small minded men are on the loose on Nairaland.
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by kpolli(m): 10:00am On Sep 13, 2011
LOVE.4BUG:

Pls follow your heart!!! the best investment u can do in life is investing on humans. If u turn her good today, she will remember you tomorrow simple!!! wat if she misses her session and finally out of school but then you find out she is ment for u, wat will u do? Send her back to school wen is late Pls help if u re opportune to. Who Knows Tomorrow?.

@ poster. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

See lie!!!!

Poster remember all those stories of girls collecting skool fees from their bfs and absconding once they graduate. . . I have witnessed such b4, laughed at the guy cos i warned him. . . Dont create an avenue to come and start a thread in 4yrs saying "Paid gfs school fees, now she has dumped me after graduating"
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by claremont(m): 10:02am On Sep 13, 2011
CHIMCO:

Is it proper to pay for your girl friend sch fees when the parents are "poor" &  5 senior brothers & sisters were turning blind eyes to it. We ve been in r/tionship fr 6yrs & She is very intelligent. I am stil an applicant. If i dnt borrow & give her to pay tomorrow she may loose a session. I dnt ve plans to marry her for now. Pls. I need your candid advice fast.
Nooooooooooooooooooo! cheesy
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 13, 2011
andromida:

What kind of men is Nigeria breeding? are they so poor that before they can help out a gal they prolly do as they like they must open a thread and ask the world if it is right knowing the facts that the girl is "poor". These men are so poor mentally trying to be sharp at every turn they cannot have a normal rship because from the inception of the rship all they are out for is what they will gain.

These kind of men if they buy a gal a bottle of coke they want to press her bosom if rice mistakenly accompany the coke they expect an all nighter sadly these same men demand respect from the girls as "men" when in a rship. calculating, making estimates, looking checking if they are getting back their money's worth from every action. I am always i mean always shocked when i see the debates about buying even sweet for a girl. Afraid that they will fall mugu. Men with a small heart are really small men even if they are 6 footers they are midgets in truth.

No wonder this society does not believe in charity. its a take take take society and these are the kind of people that mistakenly get into positions of authority and turn our universities to brothels thinking its payback time for all the gals that ate their money and went free. Small minded men are on the loose on Nairaland.
andromida! While i agree with you to an extent, the op in this case is still an applicant! He doesnt have the money and yet is planning on BORROWING to his detriment! Not saying it's bad o! He should question his motives though! And this is not just a random girl that needs charity, she's his girlfriend! How long will he keep borrowing? It's not as if he is working na! I believe he has not been in this situation before, so i dont see any thing wrong in asking!

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by HotieTima(f): 10:19am On Sep 13, 2011
do it coz u want to do it, if u don't have a problem with it form the beginning then u shouldn't have one now then, coz i am sure ur heart was into it form the beginning. wish is a good thing.

and hopefully she will remeber wat u did for in the future but this is life sometimes u should do good for god to reply, coz the deeds are greater that way.

good on u for been there when she needs u. and ur girlfriend will love u even more  wink wink wink wink
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by kpolli(m): 10:19am On Sep 13, 2011
andromida:

These kind of men if they buy a gal a bottle of coke they want to press her bosom if rice mistakenly accompany the coke they expect an all nighter sadly these same men demand respect from the girls as "men" when in a rship. calculating, making estimates, looking checking if they are getting back their money's worth from every action. I am always i mean always shocked when i see the debates about buying even sweet for a girl. Afraid that they will fall mugu. Men with a small heart are really small men even if they are 6 footers they are midgets in truth.

Refer to that thread where a girl collected money from a guy then later called him a fool
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 13, 2011
^^^ The 2 threads are not similar in anyway and you have to agree that the guy on that thread was a fool o jare! grin grin
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 13, 2011
CHIMCO:

Is it proper to pay for your girl friend sch fees when the parents are "poor" &  5 senior brothers & sisters were turning blind eyes to it. We ve been in r/tionship fr 6yrs & She is very intelligent. I am stil an applicant. If i dnt borrow & give her to pay tomorrow she may loose a session. I dnt ve plans to marry her for now. Pls. I need your candid advice fast.

Sexkillz. after all these while he has to ask the general public before he can make an informed decision. do not forget she must have made scarifices that are not quantifiable moneywise. He knows she is poor. she will lose a session. He has the means to help need he ask? Is it every girl you date that you will marry? If he does not marry her she will equally lose in some ways. These is what makes alot of gals in school go into prostitution you people forget they are humans too and have pride nobody wants to be grateful forever. we are not abroad she cannot get parttime jobs that will pay her fees. Phonecall biz et al will only give her chop money. If at this point in her life hecannot bail out then when?
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by kpolli(m): 10:36am On Sep 13, 2011
I know but this thread was created so he does not end up like that other guy. . . but wait ooooo, 6yrs relationship n they r not yet in uni. . . did they start at 10-11yrs
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 13, 2011
The dynamics of every rship is different. You cannot make a blanket decision based on just one person's experience.
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by WebSurfer(m): 10:46am On Sep 13, 2011
how much be the school fees self?
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 13, 2011
andromida:

Sexkillz. after all these while he has to ask the general public before he can make an informed decision. do not forget she must have made scarifices that are not quantifiable moneywise. He knows she is poor. she will lose a session. He has the means to help need he ask? Is it every girl you date that you will marry? If he does not marry her she will equally lose in some ways. These is what makes alot of gals in school go into prostitution you people forget they are humans too and have pride nobody wants to be grateful forever. we are not abroad she cannot get parttime jobs that will pay her fees. Phonecall biz et al will only give her chop money. If at this point in her life hecannot bail out then when?
andromida! Yeah i get the gist! 6 years and she's still in uni? When did they start dating? And was he really sure of what he wanted all along? I agree with you, but coming here to post for advice on such means he is obviously pathetically immature! And from all that immaturity, i wont be surprised if he takes this singular act of kindness to her to mean she is indebted to him for life! or would you think so too? For the good of younger ones reading this thread, we dont have to be lopsided when analyzing such issues! My own relationship is more than 5 years, but not up to 6! i know what do to and when to do it! She also knows what she should, and should not be demanding! On the case of the OP, did you miss the place he said the irl has parents and 5 brothers and sister's that are turning a blind eye? That doesnt make sense! Do they know she is in a relationship with this young chap? Cos my number 6 is seriously ministering to me that the girls parents and siblings are on full alert so as for her not to miss the session too. or dont you think so? While i dont doubt this story, I seriously think she might be playing him! Let him be guided in his decision!
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 13, 2011
CHIMCO:

Is it proper to pay for your girl friend sch fees [b]when the parents are "poor" &  5 senior brothers & sisters were turning blind eyes to it. [/b]We ve been in r/tionship fr 6yrs & She is very intelligent. I am stil an applicant. If i dnt borrow & give her to pay tomorrow she may loose a session. I dnt ve plans to marry her for now. Pls. I need your candid advice fast.
On a more serious note! How can the bolded be possible! When they have obviously been taking care of her all along the session and other sessions? They may be poor, but it really is her father's responsibility to do the borrowing! Think again! Can this boy really go thru these stress for his own best friend, if male? Let's avoid sentimentality!
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 13, 2011
Sexkillz let me be very blunt. Has he been sleeping with his bestfriend for 6 yrs? do you know how many times she has gone out of her way for him? i know you will say they were both enjoying the sex but she has been giving something that if he wanted to pay for he prolly cannot afford. If he is whining so much maybe he should just drop it before he will expect her to die for him. The devil can be a good guy sugar daddy will soon show but before you criticize her search yourself wella after looking left, right, center no hope and one man is offering to help you out for sex you have been giving freely to sweetie.

Her elder ones and parents may not have the means now maybe another round of poverty has shown up.
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 13, 2011
andromida:

Sexkillz let me be very blunt. Has he been sleeping with his bestfriend for 6 yrs? do you know how many times she has gone out of her way for him? i know you will say they were both enjoying the sex but she has been giving something that if he wanted to pay for he prolly cannot afford. If he is whining so much maybe he should just drop it before he will expect her to die for him. The devil can be a good guy sugar daddy will soon show but before you criticize her search yourself wella after looking left, right, center no hope and one man is offering to help you out for sex you have been giving freely to sweetie.

Her elder ones and parents may not have the means now maybe another round of poverty has shown up.
andromida! I am working with the information he posted above! He never mentioned SEX! If they've been having s[b]e[/b]x for six years, and she has gone out of her way for and he has the gut's to post this, then i'll say he's irredeemably daft! But i know that aint the case, cos 6 years is a long time to start having se[b]x[/b] with someone who is still in the uni! What if they started dating in their teens, and are yet to hav[b]e[/b] sex? If her elder ones and parents not have the mean, what of her paternal or maternal aunts and uncles? Cant her parents borrow from their relatives to support their daughter? Or is the girl's family a generation of Church rat's? What if she wasnt in a relationship, or the guy broke up with her? What next? Prostitution?
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by MrCork17: 11:24am On Sep 13, 2011
If she gives u punnny, why not. I will pay her fees anyday!!! angry
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by nawfia(m): 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2011
@ OP

There is absolutely no biggy in paying for a girl's school fees, its called investing in human capital, just do what your conscience thinks is right, between, u will hardly get good advice on this forum cos 85% of peeps here are kids , and are yet to get a good grasp of what ife is, pay d fees if you can afford it, my two cents
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 13, 2011
@adromeda
I'm dissappointed in your comments , so because they have been having sex he has to pay for it , you are so morally bankrupt to think like that. What if he hasn't had sex with her does that mean he has the right to demand and receive sex if he pays for her tuition. Why should he be the one striving to see her thru school even with the fact that she has older ones and a father. Do you not see he has his challenges (he his unemployed and has to borrow the money ).

@ poster
If the family members are not striving to put thru school plz plz and plz don't take up the responsibility since obviously the family is irresponsible.w the money ).

@ poster
If the family members are not striving to put thru school plz plz and plz don't take up the responsibility since obviously the family is irresponsible.
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by otokx(m): 1:49pm On Sep 13, 2011
The answer may be blowing in the wind but for me its a NO NO
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by CHIMCO(m): 1:53pm On Sep 13, 2011
I just came back from U B A bank were i deposited 120k for her. My friend that gave me the money to pay back on or before 31 Dec, 2011 called me a fool. I'm not a fool but my conscience Will not rest if she miss this session. I dnt luv this girl but i respect her faithfulness al dis years & her academic excellence, presently in 3yr with A's & few B's, indeed she lead her class. I ve even told her to go b/f another girl that visited me but she refused & stuck like superglue. I met her when i was in 2ND yrs at the university just to take fling but it has turned out to be something else. Of course we ve had sex.  When she comes back i Will summon the courage to quit the relationship since i dnt plan to marry her. I know it Will not be easy. My friends that knows us threaten me that she may commit suicide & that it is too late to quit relationship, story. Thank you sexkillz, love.4bug, mr cork even andromida for al ur wonderful advice. I'm grateful.ling but it has turned out to be something else. Of course we ve had sex.  When she comes back i Will summon the courage to quit the relationship since i dnt plan to marry her. I know it Will not be easy. My friends that knows us threaten me that she may commit suicide & that it is too late to quit relationship, story. Thank you sexkillz, love.4bug, mr cork even andromida for al ur wonderful advice. I'm grateful.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by otokx(m): 1:57pm On Sep 13, 2011
SmH
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Exponental(m): 2:01pm On Sep 13, 2011
U make me laff in vanakular.
Y shld u borrow consistently in d name of conscience. Sorry is ur middle name. I actually tot u re bouyant, which if ur bouyancy can accomodate it, dn fine. But borrow, borrow, Mr Sorry-Just pray u get ur reward 4m God.
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 13, 2011
CHIMCO:

I just came back from U B A bank were i deposited 120k for her. My friend that gave me the money to pay back on or before 31 Dec, 2011 called me a fool. I'm not a fool but my conscience Will not rest if she miss this session. I dnt luv this girl but i respect her faithfulness al dis years & her academic excellence, presently in 3yr with A's & few B's, indeed she lead her class. I ve even told her to go b/f another girl that visited me but she refused & stuck like superglue. I met her when i was in 2ND yrs at the university just to take fling but it has turned out to be something else. Of course we ve Were Intimate.  When she comes back i Will summon the courage to quit the relationship since i dnt plan to marry her. I know it Will not be easy. My friends that knows us threaten me that she may commit suicide & that it is too late to quit relationship, story. Thank you sexkillz, love.4bug, mr cork even andromida for al your wonderful advice. I'm grateful.

Good you've made your choice! I sincerely hope it all turns out well for you! I cant castigate you for following your conscience!  While i wont call you a fool cos you helped someone out, But my man 120k is a huge sum o! Especially for an applicant! Hope you dont regret your benevolence & hope also that your motive for doing so is not a means of paying her off after you end your relationship though! Matters of the heart dont always work out the way we plan them, most times! smiley
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by ideylaff: 2:04pm On Sep 13, 2011

it;s ok , but What if one has more than one girlfriend.nko cheesy,

lets say like the typical Lagos big boy with about 7 to 10 GF's. bn recycled every other month,
Re: Is It Proper To Pay Your Girlfriend's School Fees? by damola1: 2:07pm On Sep 13, 2011
i closed my first bank account and paid for part fees of my chic's diploma, i have never regretted it, in fact i cant remember how much, when laptops, phone don fly, be yourself,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

$&£££ €£& / Women Hole Are Different And Why Men Dump Women After Sex / What Was The Duration Of Your Shortest Relationship? How Was It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.