Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. (12754 Views)

Can Nigerian Legion Members Carry Guns? / Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation / I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by Onlytruth(m): 5:53am On Sep 14, 2011
For those saying this is anti-Christian; remember that Jesus used baton to chase away thieves from the temple in Jerusalem.
There is time for everything under the sun, so says the wise king Solomon.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 14, 2011
Now when Nigerians finally get a chance to arm themselves, they're saying "it won't solve a thing".

Are you crazy? It is not supposed to solve, it's supposed to "protect and defend".
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by jerk: 6:08am On Sep 14, 2011
OLASODE2K:

CAN beyond doubts has overstepped its boundary with this unChristlike posturing. If this suggestion had come from a moslem mouth, the poor guy would have been tagged a war-eater Muhammedian. However, nothing is wrong with putting the records straight. I am surely know most of the countries where gun ownership is very easy are perpetually in turmoils as a direct result of people having the most lethal means to settle scores much faster. From forensic studies of the weapons of assault like broken bottle, knife, club, sword etc it was discovered that a gun is about seven times more lethal than the combined lethality of each weapon and worse it require least effort to achieve-merely pulling a trigger. An attacker that very so much knows he might meet a gun will always be doubly ruthless. Even when u want to handover your cupboard keys to him might shoot in anxiety. If i have a gun and i am hungry, dont think i might be tempted to rob? If some area boys beat my sister up but since knowin fully well i stand the risk of being shot if i comfront them, wont i then take my gun along too to defend myself. And wat do u think would have happened? Miniwar. Countries like USA, mexico, russia, jamaica, pakistan, afghanistan, iraq, somalia etc. If these countries are regretting the devastating effects guns can have on their security, why would CAN be mooting such a very disappointing idea? Do u think the last london riot would have claim just that unfortunate guy whose killing sparked the riots if the angry rioters had access to guns? Hundreds might have died. That is the plain truth CAN to know. Moreover, it is a general knowledge that close to 80%plateau crisis casualties are been borne by the hausas there. May CAN is very eager to make it a 100% casualty rate for the hausas. Too sad.
seconded.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by kasiem(m): 6:52am On Sep 14, 2011
Christ stands for grace; and grace doesn't allow violence, rather, it enjoins u to give water to ur enemy if he's hungry, (when u're doing it, u're heaping coal on his head). Grace goes again to tell u that u that a person who kills by sword will die, as can be heard when a disciple wanted to protect jesus from the killers, and in that case we should avoid violence. We're the salt of the world, when a salt loses its taste its no longer good for anything. We should lose our saltly taste by emulating sinners(that we suppose convert) in their violent approach to things. Okay, what if Jesus had protected himself from being killed, what would've happened to the price he paid for us? Since we want to follow, we must follow his teachings, not mosaic laws. Christ has his way of doing things for the children; after giving igbos twenty pounds, christ uplifted as the richest in nigeria. IF GOD DOES NOT PROTECT A NATION, IN VAIN , , , Christ stands for grace; and grace doesn't allow violence, rather, it enjoins u to give water to ur enemy if he's hungry, (when u're doing it, u're heaping coal on his head). Grace goes again to tell u that u that a person who kills by sword will die, as can be heard when a disciple wanted to protect jesus from the killers, and in that case we should avoid violence. We're the salt of the world, when a salt loses its taste its no longer good for anything. We should lose our saltly taste by emulating sinners(that we suppose convert) in their violent approach to things. Okay, what if Jesus had protected himself from being killed, what would've happened to the price he paid for us? Since we want to follow, we must follow his teachings, not mosaic laws. Christ has his way of doing things for the children; after giving igbos twenty pounds, christ uplifted as the richest in nigeria. IF GOD DOES NOT PROTECT A NATION, IN VAIN , , ,
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by bashydemy(m): 6:55am On Sep 14, 2011
Toaskarity:

not only against bokoharam but if ever get my way, ppl like obj,orji,ibb and co wouldnt have been walking around now ! i swear!
and how are you going to get close to those people mention above?
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by sebastinta(m): 7:00am On Sep 14, 2011
mekaboy:

WHO SAID CARRYING ARMS IS NOT ALLOWED IN CHRISTIANITY? ALL THE BATTLES THAT ISRAEL FOUGHT, IS IT WITH THEIR HANDS THAT THEY FOUHGT OR WITH ARMS?

DIDNT THE DISCIPLES OF JESUS CARRY ARMS? OR WAS IT NOT A DISCIPLE THAT CUT SOMEONES EAR WHEN THEY CAME TO ARREST CHRIST?

THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH THE ARMS IS THAT, WHEN EVERYONE STARTS CARRYING ARMS, THEN THE BAD GUYS WILL UPGRADE TO "ODESHI"WHICH MEANS THE BULLET WILL NOT PENETRATE THEM. SO WILL EVERYONE UPGRADE TOO ?

if u read ur bible properly, peter took d knife from 1 of d guards nd cut d servant, so if dey had weapon y would he take from some1 else?
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by sebastinta(m): 7:02am On Sep 14, 2011
let em divide the fucking country if the hausa`s nd fullani`s wants to kip killing, dey can kill em selves, we all knw d once doin d kill, SUDAN did it so y cant we?
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by islamrules(m): 7:20am On Sep 14, 2011
I share CAN's concerns on the state of nation security, but carrying gun is out of it.
CAN is farting
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by juman(m): 7:20am On Sep 14, 2011
Please give me submachine gun jooorrr. grin. Free for all. grin
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by GMcompere: 7:21am On Sep 14, 2011
Guns ke? We want to become tabon tabon nation.

Please CAN should not tempt some of us oh. I have my target list of former and present leaders already, please dont tempt me grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by BetaThings: 7:25am On Sep 14, 2011
Christians are just crying wolf when they too are murdering and cannibalising people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9kSBEv5OkY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nvIpsNazCk
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by islamrules(m): 7:47am On Sep 14, 2011
Christians are just crying wolf when they too are murdering and cannibalising people

When last have you heard of christian killing anywhere.

Christian dominated countries are peaceful.

ANy country that has element of islam or is muslim dominated is boiling right now.

Iraq, Afgan, Nigeria, Syria, Libya, Palestine, Indonesia, Sudan, Somalia e.t.c
And all because of religion.

Can you mention a christian country ?
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by romzy18: 7:59am On Sep 14, 2011
WIth due respect to CAN president this is a senseless proposition. It is incongrous to the bible,ethics and rationality to request that govt should permit individuals citizens to carry guns the way they like. Bloodsheding is not contemplated in any book of the bible. Such request has d tendency of inciting or inviting violence and should be withdrawn with imidiate effect.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by islamrules(m): 8:19am On Sep 14, 2011
WIth due respect to CAN president this is a senseless proposition. It is incongrous to the bible,ethics and rationality to request that govt should permit individuals citizens to carry guns the way they like. Bloodsheding is not contemplated in any book of the bible. Such request has d tendency of inciting or inviting violence and should be withdrawn with imidiate effect.

It is not good especially from CAN a christian figure. Beside that, Americans are allowed to carry gun, but the number of people killed per day in Nigeria is much more greater than that of America.

It is not bad afterall.

You will think twice before robbing or attempt to kill anybody.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by Diligence: 8:20am On Sep 14, 2011
It's hi tym - desperate measures attract desperate solutions!   If u know say I get gun like u, then u will think twice b4 attacking,
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by patrick45(m): 8:30am On Sep 14, 2011
The rate of crime will be on the high, you are giving Nigerians guns, when 70% of the total population are youths, of which a sizable chunk of the percentage is unemployed, they will take to the street and a mini civil war will happen every other day.

It will take organized crimes and other crimes to the next level, and as Nigeria has not reached the high heights of biometric, forensic and ballistic technology, the criminals will walk freely and other prospective criminals will join in the party. All this will then on the medium to long run, bring us back to square 1.

Good morning.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by BetaThings: 8:48am On Sep 14, 2011
islamrules:

Christian dominated countries are peaceful.

ANy country that has element of islam or is muslim dominated is boiling right now.

Iraq, Afgan, Nigeria, Syria, Libya, Palestine, Indonesia, Sudan, Somalia e.t.c
And all because of religion.

Can you mention a christian country ?

who caused the problem in Iraq - christians with their lies
Who is supporting rebels in Libya - christians
Who is fueling the crisis in Korea - Christians?
Vietnam? Who started WWI, WWII, etc
A christian country - Germany - gassed 6 million jews (women and children) to death during WWII
I reckon that was peaceful?

UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Morocco, Algeria etc are boiling
Liberian, Sierra Leonian, Rwandan, Congo crisis were due to muslims?
Ugandan is a christian country. Do you know Obote? The current president is on his 4th term, the West has not said a word!
When US attacked Iraq, was it not christians killing
We are just to forget reality because you say so?

Is lying an article of faith in christianity?

islamrules:

These videos show christians killing and cannibalising people - 2 weeks ago in Jos
They even eat dead human beings!

BTW when CAN president get his guns, what will christians do with them?

Of course you have watched it and you continue to deny because it tells the truth about christianity!
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by Akanbiedu(m): 8:50am On Sep 14, 2011

Carrying of arms is not allowed in Christianity, no matter what. If men and women in other religion or sect have decided to go archaic, and wicked, it still does not make room for arms.
What pains me most here is that, Sultan of Sokoto is enjoying the blood flow. If the Number moon-sighter in Nigeria, cannot control those he sights the moon for, then, I smell a rat. I used to feel is political, until I noticed of recent that, ALL those who could have calmed the situation, are enjoying the killings.
GOD will help us all (both Christians and Yoruba-Muslims), as the case maybe.

Which one be Yoruba-Muslim? A muslim is a muslim abegi.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by islamrules(m): 9:06am On Sep 14, 2011
who caused the problem in Iraq - christians with their lies

Who is supporting rebels in Libya - christians
Who are Libyans ? Muslims
Who inspired Libya masses to start demonstrating against Gaddafi ? Muslims (Egypt Tunisia)
Included in the foreign country bombing in Libya are Turkey and Saudi, last time I checked that were muslim countries. May be they have converted to christians.
Who is fueling the crisis in Korea - Christians?
THis is out of point. This is international. Did any christian country tell North Korea to blow south korea ship ?
The war here has no religion intent. no allah, no jihad

Vietnam? Who started WWI, WWII, etc
So because christians fought WWI, you want to fight WWW4 ?
The war here has no religion intent. no allah, no jihad

UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Morocco, Algeria etc are boiling
Yes they are peaceful for now. Alqaeda claimed Saudi governemnt is a pupet of the west, that they are going to start a war with Sauid. Meaning the future is not that bright with Saudi. Kuwait has seen war (Golf war). A christian country saved kuwait then. It is balancing. Kuwait future depends on what goes on Iraq.

Liberian, Sierra Leonian, Rwandan, Congo crisis were due to muslims?
The war here has no religion intent. no allah, no jihad. It his tribal and political

Ugandan is a christian country. Do you know Obote? The current president is on his 4th term, the West has not said a word!

When US attacked Iraq, was it not christians killing
We are just to forget reality because you say so?
Is lying an article of faith in christianity?

Muslims has been know for deception. The religion itself is falsehood.

Above all
Why did you stair trouble ?
Why did they attack the WTC ?
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by EFFRAKATA: 9:08am On Sep 14, 2011
Carrying of arms will not solve the problem. I besiege us brethren to increase our tempo of prayerz, that
God Almighty see us through all this.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by EFFRAKATA: 9:10am On Sep 14, 2011
Carrying of arms will not solve the problem. I besiege us brethren to increase our tempo of prayerz, that
God Almighty see us through all this.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by eunisam: 9:22am On Sep 14, 2011
bad idea
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 14, 2011
The day this will happen, i will never come back to Nigeria, nigeria dont have security like US to warrant people carrying guns, after drinking a bottle of bear, they will start shooting at any little provocation
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by nusdog: 9:56am On Sep 14, 2011
Setting up voluntary vigilante groups to guard communities is one option that should be exploited before advocating for a private gun ownership.

As long as the guns are used defensively, I dont see how it conflicts with christianity, more especially in this type of volatile environment they find themselves.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by cexplorer(m): 10:22am On Sep 14, 2011
It's unfortunate that many christians fight spiritual battles with human weapons and humanity problems with spiritual weapons.

They pray and fast for financial success that a simple financial intelligence course would solve; they go wild on matters that are best solved through prayers and intercessions.

If CAN's reported call for Nigerians to carry arms is true, I'm afraid we are telling the world that our God is not what relying/depending upon. Pardon!
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by kodewrita(m): 10:25am On Sep 14, 2011
cexplorer:

It's unfortunate that many christians fight spiritual battles with human weapons and humanity problems with spiritual weapons.
They pray and fast for financial success that a simple financial intelligence course would solve; they go wild on matters that are best solved through prayers and intercessions.

If CAN's reported call for Nigerians to carry arms is true, I'm afraid we are telling the world that our God is not what relying/depending upon. Pardon!

Triple GBAM
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by islamrules(m): 10:29am On Sep 14, 2011

Who formed Israel ? Who made Israel a nation ? It was David (Dauda).

God used him to fight war. When your enemy point a gun at you, you dont kneel down and start praying in front of him.
God gave us brain to make guns and protect ourselves not to be a foooool.

God is true, you cant fight for him. But you must fight for your self. Why are you working, why are you schooling ? why are you strugling ? Is it not to feed yourself ? Why cant you stay at home and pray for God to put food in your mouth.

The problem with Nigeria is, Nigerians view problems in spiritual point of view. Instead of them to address a problem with a solution, they solve simple problem that will take a retarrrded man nothing to solve spiritually.

Na wa for Nigerians oooo.

The point you are missing is:
You cannot fight for God (cuz he is powerful)
But you have to fight/protect yourself.

It is too logical. Habba!
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by harakiri(m): 10:44am On Sep 14, 2011
The idea of allowing Nigerians to carry LICENSED guns is not a problem rather it is a good idea. The only snag is enforcing laws that give severe punishment to people who use it for vengeful purposes other than self protection. It's unfortunate it's taken the death of innocent thousands to bring this issue to light. Let's face it, people have been dying everyday for senseless reasons in Nigeria long before the Boko Haram crisis. There is no day several people don't die from one robbery incident in Lagos or Onitsha. It's so common that it's no longer news (if you doubt me, ask all those LAWMA council officials how many dead bodies they take off the streets on a daily basis in Lagos!).

The most armed countries are the most crime free countries e.g Finland,Sweden etc. Before a thief decides to rob someone, he must be really sure of what he's doing and must be ready to die because most (if not all) of the citizens are ARMED! Compare that with Nigeria whereby thieves will send a letter informing residents in an estate that they are coming in a week's time and they will be brazen enough to honor that letter. It's only in Nigeria you will hear that four armed robbers raid over 20 houses till day break and nothing happened. They can do this because they know that most of the victims are unarmed and even the ones that have arms might be scared to use them coz no other neighbour will support them in shooting the robbers. Even if the intended victim has a small pistol such as a colt .22 and there are ten robbers armed with AK-47's, they will still think twice before daring to attack him coz nobody wants to die and that colt .22 is very deadly at close range. How many times have you heard of robbers raiding entire neighborhoods in western countries? Which thief would dare try that knowing fully well that almost everyone is armed to the teeth? But in Nigeria, they will keep coming to raid almost every week coz they know nothing will happen (na to pray to god 9ja pipo sabi and nothing more).

This is nothing to do with the "Nigerian mentality". All we need are laws to punish defaulters/those who choose to use the guns for negative use.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by buzugee(m): 10:48am On Sep 14, 2011
as belligerent and boisterous and loquacious and cantankerous as nigerians are naturally you are advocating giving them guns ? these are people who are inherently pugnacious and bellicose. heck just on nairaland you can see battles. a nation with lack of self control and emotional restraint. shyttttttt the day naijas all own guns is the day genocide of nigerians will start. someone just annoys you slightly and he will be the recipient of ya bullets. shyttt on any given day the murder rate will be in the tens of thousands. i guess the positive aspect to giving nigerians guns is that it will be a form of population control in nigeria. olisa adibua woulda shot that guy he decked the other day had he owned a gun.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by harakiri(m): 10:53am On Sep 14, 2011
islamrules:

Who formed Israel ? Who made Israel a nation ? It was David (Dauda).

God used him to fight war. When your enemy point a gun at you, you dont kneel down and start praying in front of him.
God gave us brain to make guns and protect ourselves not to be a foooool.

God is true, you cant fight for him. But you must fight for your self. Why are you working, why are you schooling ? why are you strugling ? Is it not to feed yourself ? Why cant you stay at home and pray for God to put food in your mouth.

The problem with Nigeria is, Nigerians view problems in spiritual point of view. Instead of them to address a problem with a solution, they solve simple problem that will take a retarrrded man nothing to solve spiritually.

Na wa for Nigerians oooo.

The point you are missing is:
You cannot fight for God (cuz he is powerful)
But you have to fight/protect yourself.

It is too logical. Habba!

As a non-religious person, i'm very impressed with these comments of yours. This is the major problem with Nigerians. Instead of facing their problems head on, they look for an alternative "spiritual" route. Everything thing wrong with their lives has a "spiritual backbone". Their leaders (who happen to be religious people as well) loot trillions of dollars each year and instead of taking drastic action that will bring a change (like the Egyptians did), they prefer to pray harder and harder like demented souls. If they are sick or going through financial crisis, they blame it on "witches" in the village. If they get denied visa or contract, it's their "enemies" at work. Everything about them revolves around superstition and they keep wondering why Nigeria remains backward.

Utterly pathetic! ! !
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by islamrules(m): 11:01am On Sep 14, 2011
The idea of allowing Nigerians to carry LICENSED guns is not a problem rather it is a good idea. The only snag is enforcing laws that give severe punishment to people who use it for vengeful purposes other than self protection. It's unfortunate it's taken the death of innocent thousands to bring this issue to light. Let's face it, people have been dying everyday for senseless reasons in Nigeria long before the Boko Haram crisis. There is no day several people don't die from one robbery incident in Lagos or Onitsha. It's so common that it's no longer news (if you doubt me, ask all those LAWMA council officials how many dead bodies they take off the streets on a daily basis in Lagos!).

The most armed countries are the most crime free countries e.g Finland,Sweden etc. Before a thief decides to rob someone, he must be really sure of what he's doing and must be ready to die because most (if not all) of the citizens are ARMED! Compare that with Nigeria whereby thieves will send a letter informing residents in an estate that they are coming in a week's time and they will be brazen enough to honor that letter. It's only in Nigeria you will hear that four armed robbers raid over 20 houses till day break and nothing happened. They can do this because they know that most of the victims are unarmed and even the ones that have arms might be scared to use them coz no other neighbour will support them in shooting the robbers. Even if the intended victim has a small pistol such as a colt .22 and there are ten robbers armed with AK-47's, they will still think twice before daring to attack him coz nobody wants to die and that colt .22 is very deadly at close range. How many times have you heard of robbers raiding entire neighborhoods in western countries? Which thief would dare try that knowing fully well that almost everyone is armed to the teeth? But in Nigeria, they will keep coming to raid almost every week coz they know nothing will happen (na to pray to god 9ja pipo sabi and nothing more).

This is nothing to do with the "Nigerian mentality". All we need are laws to punish defaulters/those who choose to use the guns for negative use.

As a non-religious person, i'm very impressed with these comments of yours. This is the major problem with Nigerians. Instead of facing their problems head on, they look for an alternative "spiritual" route. Everything thing wrong with their lives has a "spiritual backbone". Their leaders (who happen to be religious people as well) loot trillions of dollars each year and instead of taking drastic action that will bring a change (like the Egyptians did), they prefer to pray harder and harder like demented souls. If they are sick or going through financial crisis, they blame it on "witches" in the village
[size=17pt]You gat me rolling on the floor laughing.[/size]
. If they get denied visa or contract, it's their "enemies" at work. Everything about them revolves around superstition and they keep wondering why Nigeria remains backward.

Utterly pathetic! ! !

Guy, every lines of you posts are just too par. You nailed the nail.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by hbrednic: 11:31am On Sep 14, 2011
the best idea so far,ti-t for tat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No Evidence Of Sexual Misconduct Against Lawmakers – Foreign Affairs Minister / Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 / Deji Adeyanju: Nigeria Needs Igbo President In 2023, APC Must Zone To South-East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.